PDA

View Full Version : So...No Additions, I'm Guessing?

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 04:49 PM
See, my friend has a theory...goes a little something like this...

THIS YEAR since Coachella is already sold out, there's really no reason to add any last minute special additions to entice the crowds to show up.

I'm beginning to agree, but...damn. That kind of sucks. I mean, at least one substancial addition would have been nice. Was always cool in years past to wait for the 'other boot to drop'. Oh well...

Thoughts?

ED GEIN
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I thought they already made some additions? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, there was OF MONTREAL and THE LEMONHEADS...but I was thinking of something more significant. Like in years past...

daftmonkey64
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought they already made some additions? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

oh yeah they added of montreal and the lemonheads!

......but who gives a shit

still need a sahara headliner for saturday (unless theyre planning on faithless)

matsuolost
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah great idea except faithless is on friday

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 05:49 PM
So...anyone got an opinons on this topic? I guess after the pattern was set to have later additions, one just expects it. Was hoping to have at least ONE new big addition before the show.

rage patton
03-10-2007, 06:02 PM
There will be.
From what Ive been told, last year Kanye West was added a week before the show! (But who gives a shit about that?) Also, Madonna, and I believe Daft Punk as well, we added a month before show.
Also, in 04 Beck was added just DAYS before the show. And It was completely sold out plenty of time before then. Most people didnt even know he was there until they showed up.
So the moral of the story is, its still a full month until the show! There have LOTS of time to add more acts. Just be patient.

goatparade
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I give a shit about Of Montreal...they have the best release of the year so far

matsuolost
03-10-2007, 06:31 PM
kanye west was actually added the day the schedule appeared. which is like 3 days before

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. Hell, I'm just happy to have tickets in hand and know I'm FOR SURE going. Got a whole group of friends out of state who procrastinated, and now...won't be able to go.

It'd be a shame to miss it...the Polo Fields are just a few miles down the road from my house. By the way, for those keeping track, it's going to reach 98 DEGREES already here in the Coachella Valley next Tuesday (according to weather.com)

Be sure to bring your sunblock.

suprefan
03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Additions are coming, what we got a month and half just wait......

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Still holding out for that YAZ reunion.

(Say what you want, that joke just never gets old with me...)

grain
03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
the additions are coming...oh yes

it may be possible that bands are already booked but GV's holding out to build allure of the festival, also they'll definitely drop some names to separate this cali festival from others who dare to share the spotlight as the premier amerikan festival...and even though it's sold out, i'm sure GV believes in karma, meaning rewarding/ giving back to fans who've already proven/ given to GV...

mchertron
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
it doesnt matter they're still gonna add more especially for friday since it still has some tickets left. WHat i've heard is that they are adding about 15 more bands a few more shahra tent headliners, and two more main headliners .So dont worry. Yeha last year they added madonna last min and kanye . The lineup is looking very uneven right now so that should be a clue , especially friday and the empty spot right before arcade fire on the poster needs something in its place. Its supposed to be the best coachella ever and they're gonna have to add more in order to make that true.

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd sure like to hear from Psychic Friend on this topic. Just a little hint. A crumb or two to keep us hopeful? That'd be awesome.

Still...I'm not holding my breath.

M Sparks
03-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Still holding out for that YAZ reunion.

(Say what you want, that joke just never gets old with me...)

I saw Erasure a year or 2 ago. (In Salt Lake City ?!?) They were amazingly good. If you had asked me in '88 if Erasure put on a good live show, I would have guessed no, so I certainlly wasn't expecting much in 2005.

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
03-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I give a shit about Of Montreal...they have the best release of the year so far

So far? If anyone tops that record this year I will faint.

Rap/rock Is Life
03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Slipknot's coming to replace Bdork! I slip u knot!

dontfeedthebird
03-11-2007, 01:39 PM
That's knot right.

JustSteve
03-11-2007, 01:57 PM
it's KNOT funny, either...

Ardentbiscuit
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Everyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

Because of major additions in years past Coachella goers now expect them and expect them to be of some high stature.

If they don't add anyone I will still go but I am sure many people will be let down.

You can't really fret about additions...

rage patton
03-11-2007, 03:12 PM
With the amount of open spaces on the list and the recent trends of Coachella over the last few years, I will be extremely surprised if no one else is added.

RockStr4Life
03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
It would be good promotion for an artist to play just based upon the huge amount of people who would be there and potentially hear their music. Plus it'd probably we fun to play Coachella...

rno2worriesx
03-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't wait any longer, I must know who'll they'll be adding or I'll go insane

mountmccabe
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Madonna and Daft Punk were not late adds. Both were added early February.

No way they're adding 15 more bands. No way there are multiple headliner-level bands added. I can understand some Sahara help for Saturday but not much beyond that.

matsuolost
03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
i remember madonna exactly. and she was added way later than daft

it was daft punk. massive attack ...... . .. ..madonna. .. kanye

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-12-2007, 05:57 AM
I think any more additions to the line up will be smaller acts as opposed to Madonna or Kanye West. Which is good considering I do not want any conflicts.

HorrorLibraryNet
03-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Dammit. Monday morning...and nothing new on the poster.

Oh well. Had to check. Still not totally convinced one way or the other, but I'm staying optimistic and hoping for the best.

However, I DO have to say I think it'd be a shame for GV to decide NOT to add a few little surprises just because tickets are nearly gone. It's just something we've sort of begun to expect. Something to add fuel to the fire.

C'mon Golden Voice...we're sold already...now, keep us convinced you're the best damn festival in the US! Add something already!

heatherxxll
03-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I’m worrying about conflicts. I think I would actually be relieved if there were no more additions.

yoyoyoyo
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Flosstradamus and Kid Sister are going to get added. Check their myspace pages. The dates already on there. Chicago's finest!

daftmonkey64
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah great idea except faithless is on friday

touche salesman

J~$$$
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Flosstradamus and Kid Sister are going to get added. Check their myspace pages. The dates already on there. Chicago's finest!

wow......nice add.

ghettojournalist
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
any addition in the past has always lightened the load.
i welcome any additions.

bohrdoms
03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
HEVY, Flosstradamus knows how to pack em in.
Also, on the noteworthy mid range, but probably won't out of respect for his HOB sunset ticket sales - NAS. he is in utah the 26th and Las Vegas the 29th. ?? would be about time Coachella got a sincerely significant (in the influence- on-today's-music sense) rap/hip hop act. The Hieroglyphics reunion being the only other act to come close.... and Kanye if you really need to say so.

toggle
03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
..I'd definitely ride some money on a few notable additions. Whether or not you like Kanye West....the fact that they added him (a top-bill act who was set to headline Lollapalooza) at the last minute when tix were already sold out really says a lot. I think a lot of musicians realize what kind of exposure Coachella can get them, particularly with music industry types attending from L.A.

....my guess is something really notable for friday.

dontfeedthebird
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll die if The Gossip don't perform. :(

J~$$$
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I dont think NAS would get on the bill but if he did, he would be welcomed by me.

TomAz
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
why would they add anybody? come on. get real.

ghettojournalist
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
i would be REALLY pleased to see a big-name hip-hop act at coachella. Kanye was a good start and The Roots and Lupe Fiasco are good continuations. A completely legendary act would be nice though.

J~$$$
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
why would they add anybody? come on. get real.

Oh Ill get real. So real you will feel it two years from now old man.

TomAz
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RockStr4Life
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont think NAS would get on the bill but if he did, he would be welcomed by me.

I approve

thedevious
03-13-2007, 03:40 AM
I think there will more than likely be more additions, and substantial ones at that. Just consider the number of bands per day as compared to coachellas past.Yet another good clue is the Coachella tradition of 2 headliners per night, imho that has yet to happen on any of the 3 days.

So why would GV postpone this hypothetical anouncement? My guess is it's an act of kindness for all the poor shmoes that didn't get their tix in time. Prices on e-bay and stubhub have been steadily falling to acceptable levels. Just one really good surprise could send them skyrocketing again.

Just a theory.