PDA

View Full Version : Help (Car Camping arrangements)

BotConnecting
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
So i bought Car camping thinking alot more friends would tag along... well thing's didn't turn out as expected (insert rant #assholescalpers). So goes my question....

Should i use up my car camping and have only 3 people there and some strangers (new friends)? or Sell my car camping pass and stay with friends?
What would be the most Unselfish thing to do??

This is my first coachella, so i really don't know what i'm doing -_-

inb4 /Cool story bro

Stickjohn
04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
If "stay with friends" = camping on-site, then you really can't go wrong. It also makes a difference if you are driving and need to park a car somewhere.

BotConnecting
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
well i also have a companion parking, so i could also take other people to Chella and have parking, but yes the downside would be actually driving from L.A. to Coachella

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
well i also have a companion parking, so i could also take other people to Chella and have parking, but yes the downside would be actually driving from L.A. to Coachella

We are driving from Washington state to come to Coachella. Gas alone is going to be over $600.00 and 18-19 hours driving time. What is the downside of driving the 4 hours or so from LA?

BotConnecting
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
We are driving from Washington state to come to Coachella. Gas alone is going to be over $600.00 and 18-19 hours driving time. What is the downside of driving the 4 hours or so from LA?

That is could all be avoided by just going with friends and camping out with them.. as apposed to going in separate cars and also driving... in a nutshell... One less car on the road, one more car camping spot opens up, and another group of people get to enjoy!
and it wont be 4 hours.. especially with these new checkpoints and traffic..

Stickjohn
04-01-2011, 10:23 PM
enter Carpoolchella! http://coachella.com/event/sustain#CAR

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-02-2011, 06:52 AM
That is could all be avoided by just going with friends and camping out with them.. as apposed to going in separate cars and also driving... in a nutshell... One less car on the road, one more car camping spot opens up, and another group of people get to enjoy!
and it wont be 4 hours.. especially with these new checkpoints and traffic..

I see what you mean now:-) Are the friends you mentioned camping or??? Camping in at the event is pretty darn fun so you may want that option but it is of course not as comfortable as a hotel room. I would personally not give up camping for the most luxurious accommodations however because camping on site is just toooooo much fun. Looks like you have a choice to make. I would not miss out on camping though, just my opinion. You won't have any trouble finding others to camp with you and then you will have new friends too:-)

sunnydeys
04-02-2011, 07:06 AM
So i bought Car camping thinking alot more friends would tag along... well thing's didn't turn out as expected (insert rant #assholescalpers). So goes my question....

Should i use up my car camping and have only 3 people there and some strangers (new friends)? or Sell my car camping pass and stay with friends?
What would be the most Unselfish thing to do??

This is my first coachella, so i really don't know what i'm doing -_-

inb4 /Cool story bro

Yeah dude, if it's your first Coachella do you want to start with homies you already are chill with AND then find more friends? Or do you want to try it, you leading the way? If ya'll sync your departure and driving up, you could arrive together (assuming you and your friends both have car camping spots) and just smash your two camp sites together.
Good luck with the decision.

If you decide to give away/sell your car camping pass and/or decide to welcome new people into your crew, I would be so down. It'll be my 4th year and I'm bringing along a first timer so I pretty stoked.

Peace

eskamo951
04-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Just how many people are you expecting to fit onto your camping spot? With your car and tents, 10X30 is really only good for you and 3 friends. Don't expect to be able to cram too many more people onto your spot.