PDA

View Full Version : Chances to get Tickets at the festival

Anando
04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
me and my 2 other dumbass friends decided to book get a place to stay and flghts even before getting tickets. after tixs sold out we thought prices would come down, now with coachella 2 weeks away tickets are still pretty pricey online and were going down anyways we might as well see if there are any chance of scalping tickets once we get down there? anyone have any past experiences with this?

if all else fails (and realistically it will) at least vegas is only a few hours away!

TheRotten42
04-01-2011, 08:55 AM
good luck, last year when they first started wristbands a friend of mine was walking around the parking lot and camp site for 4 hour and ended up paying about just as much as he would have on craigslist or ebay.

Neighborhood Creep
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
There's a girl in the ticket thread with a 700 dollar buy now option..

Stickjohn
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
You're going to have a hard time getting close to the Polo fields without a wristband. That's part of the idea of the "one square mile perimeter" - roads will be closed and you need wristband to get through.

tessalasset
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
good luck, last year when they first started wristbands a friend of mine was walking around the parking lot and camp site for 4 hour and ended up paying about just as much as he would have on craigslist or ebay.

Yes this isn't going to be physically possible this year. There are going to be cop check points at every road to the festival where they will check to make sure everyone in the car is wearing his or her wristband.

Anando
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
the one mile perimeter is gonna make it difficult to find scalpers been to coachella before and i dont remember where scalpers were lurking

baily
04-01-2011, 09:38 AM
You'll see some people listing them on palm springs craigslist the day of the show...problem will be meeting up with them, hoping they don't sell it to someone walking by them after you called them, determining if it's fake and finding a meeting place.

Last year there were tickets on criagslist, but the price was as high as ...well...most the people at the festival....
$450+

This year the other issue is ...in the city of Indio there is a lot more people talking about wanting to go ...so the locals in Indio are wanting to go ...especially if they see the temperature in the low 90's as projected.

You are better off biting the bullet and purchasing one now...rather than waiting...because with ebay you have to deal with shipping time as well....and you DON'T want to have paid for the ticket and it shows up on Saturday....or even on Friday...it's not worth the stress.

Your time is getting real short....buy this weekend and you have a small window where the person shipping it can get it out to you in time....wait and that window will close fast.

Anando
04-01-2011, 10:09 AM
thanks for the advice!

Rhiannon763
04-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Be careful if you are planning on doing this. I went with some people last year that waited and ended up buying fake vouchers for 600... You've still got some time, I'd just check on Stubhub.. they have some in the 500s

arsgunner
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
if i were you,i'd stop being cheap and just buy now,prices aren't going to come down that much..500+ from here on out

baily
04-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Be careful if you are planning on doing this. I went with some people last year that waited and ended up buying fake vouchers for 600... You've still got some time, I'd just check on Stubhub.. they have some in the 500s

agreed...stubhub is the safest of them all as they will cut any person off who doesn't comply unlike ebay who will just give bad feedback.

stubhub is as safe as you can get.

NachoCat
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Scalpers there will be selling for a premium price, they know you need them. You didnt drive all the way there not to buy them and if you dont someone else will. I would expect no less then $500

sivad00selim
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
scour LA craigslist. helps if you've got a smartphone to continue once youre there. there are always people who get nervous and wanna get something/anything for their bands. fair prices can be had

Ravingmad
04-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Plus the wristbands would be pretty easy to fake but wouldn't work for admission so I really wouldn't trust any wristbands bought from scalpers this year. I'd definitely go stubhub or something that's a little more trustworthy than "sketchy guy out on the street"

andrewbsneaker
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
just be patient and keep looking i bought my wristband for $270 yesterday

frizzlefry
04-02-2011, 02:30 AM
That's how much fake wristbands are going for nowadays?

TheMadeleine
04-02-2011, 02:48 AM
me and my 2 other dumbass friends decided to book get a place to stay and flghts even before getting tickets. after tixs sold out we thought prices would come down, now with coachella 2 weeks away tickets are still pretty pricey online and were going down anyways we might as well see if there are any chance of scalping tickets once we get down there? anyone have any past experiences with this?

if all else fails (and realistically it will) at least vegas is only a few hours away!

If you can afford a weekend in Vegas, can't you afford the tickets on eBay/stubhub/craigslist? Especially if you already have the flight & accommodations for Coachella paid for.

shaggyduck
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
http://coachella.com/images/tennismap800.jpg

Looks like you should post up at WILL CALL

Aremar2k2
04-02-2011, 06:39 PM
A bunch of my friends bought wristbands from security guards surrounding the premises for around $150 each (I'm guessing they were stolen wristbands). But, that's probably not going to happen this year because the wristbands were mailed.

AgainstFeist
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Every year I see scalpers at Jefferson and Ave 50. I'm guessing that is where the perimeter begins this year, but I have no idea. They usually hang out a little ways east on Ave 50, but if the perimeter begins there I'm guessing some of them will be on Jefferson.

Goodluck