PDA

View Full Version : New Order, The Smiths and Primal Scream form supergroup... with Liam Gallagher

Stefinitely Maybe
03-10-2007, 04:28 PM
This is either the best or the worst idea ever. (http://www.nme.com/news/new-order/26953)

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-10-2007, 04:42 PM
it's called freebass? hahaha no.

HorrorLibraryNet
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
That Perry Farrell story (while not NEW news) is pretty damn disturbing too...

'The former Jane's Addiction frontman and Lollapalooza Festival founder will release the debut album with his new band, Satellite Party, in the US on May 15.

The album, titled 'Ultra Payloaded', features guests including New Order/ Joy Division bassist Peter Hook, The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea, Fergie of Black Eyed Peas, and electronica outfit Thievery Corporation, among others.

The concept album will contain elements of rock, electronica, urban beats and symphony. One song, 'Woman In The Window', features a previously unreleased vocal track by Jim Morrison.'

JIM MORRISON! BLASPHEMY! Shame on you Perry...

Hannahrain
03-10-2007, 05:10 PM
My Velvet-Revolver sense is tingling.

suprefan
03-10-2007, 05:23 PM
That Perry Farrell story (while not NEW news) is pretty damn disturbing too...

'The former Jane's Addiction frontman and Lollapalooza Festival founder will release the debut album with his new band, Satellite Party, in the US on May 15.

The album, titled 'Ultra Payloaded', features guests including New Order/ Joy Division bassist Peter Hook, The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea, Fergie of Black Eyed Peas, and electronica outfit Thievery Corporation, among others.

The concept album will contain elements of rock, electronica, urban beats and symphony. One song, 'Woman In The Window', features a previously unreleased vocal track by Jim Morrison.'

JIM MORRISON! BLASPHEMY! Shame on you Perry...

Tony Kanal of No Doubt plays bass in their live show...

bballarl
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Awesome.

kroqken
05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Satelite Party was not one of the better bands that I saw at Coachella this year.

joppy-slow
05-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Satelite Party was not one of the better bands that I saw at Coachella this year.

really? i thought they were great.. One of the best sounding bands of the weekend and perry was really funny inbetween songs. They had really catchy songs, (except for one drub drub slow one near the end) and nuno killed on the guitar, like always.. I will be buying their album when it comes out.

MarkO
05-12-2007, 07:16 PM
really? i thought they were great.. ...

So did I.