PDA

View Full Version : Camp Approved Structure?

TheTokenGinger
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
So my friends and I have run into a question regarding camping. Since camping sold out so quickly this year, we're forced to cram a grip load of people into one car camping spot. This wouldn't normally be and issue(as long as I get to be big spoon), but it slightly hinders our previous plans of camping in our 6 foot wide tepee. Seeing as how we have too many people and we certainly cannot fit all of us in the small tepee, we'll surely need a second tent which we clearly wont have room for. It just so happens I am in possession of 2 9x4 pallet racks which would fit perfectly side by side OVER our vehicle to place our tepee on top of. However, we're unsure if security will have an issue with us bringing it in. The rack is completely disassembled and fits on the roof of our vehicle neatly in their individual pieces. Also, once it is assembled, it will not hinder the vehicles ability to leave the campsite at a moments notice. Has anybody seen this before or know if its permitted? Or will shit hit the fan going through inspection when it looks like we have construction scaffolding on our roof?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Does it look like firewood? I'd say you'd be fine, the only issue I see if they don't want it in because you can burn it during Sunday night riots.

TheTokenGinger
03-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Eh its mostly steel but there's pieces of plywood for flooring.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Eh its mostly steel but there's pieces of plywood for flooring.

You're fine then. IMO.

heyeric
03-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Last year I saw a rack like your describing with a tent pitched on top, it was there all weekend.

lovethelake
03-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Last year I saw a rack like your describing with a tent pitched on top, it was there all weekend.

I saw a lot of racks last year. I saw a lot of dudes there too.