PDA

View Full Version : Scammed?

dpicker
03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Have you heard of any incidents of counterfeit tickets, fake wristbands, or any other coachella scams? If so, please email -- I'd like to hear your stories.
deborah.vankin@latimes.com Thnx!!

shaggyduck
03-31-2011, 10:44 AM
I know on Craigslist some people are running a scam where they ask for your ebay user name, full name and address. I have no idea how it works though...

tessalasset
03-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Deborah, I noticed we have Mark Lisanti as a mutual FB friend. What's he like in real life? He cracks me up.

rapturousdelight
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
the craigslist one tries to trick you by telling you that you're going to purchase through ebay which you aren't and makes this fake invoice with your name and information in an email from "buyer protection service" saying all these things about the trade money for tickets and that you won't be charged until the tickets are received and inspected but they want you to send your money through western union to an ebay broker who will release the money to the other party as soon as you say that you have the tickets and they are legit. SCAM

tessalasset
03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
the craigslist one tries to trick you by telling you that you're going to purchase through ebay which you aren't and makes this fake invoice with your name and information in an email from "buyer protection service" saying all these things about the trade money for tickets and that you won't be charged until the tickets are received and inspected but they want you to send your money through western union to an ebay broker who will release the money to the other party as soon as you say that you have the tickets and they are legit. SCAM

please email -- I'd like to hear your stories.
deborah.vankin@latimes.com

shaggyduck
03-31-2011, 10:56 AM

I mean, honestly, anyone who falls for that deserves it. The people running these types of scams are scum, but how can you be so dumb as to fall for it.

dpicker
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know of someone who WAS tricked by any of these scams? If so, pls get in touch: deborah.vankin@latimes.com

baily
03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Yea these guys were...I'll get their email...
http://zeldalily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/charles-darwin-inbreeding-photos-pictures-inspirational-photos-pics.jpg

It's lovemycuz@duh.com