PDA

View Full Version : Euro Festivals

instinct
03-10-2007, 03:04 PM
So I am seriously considering to go to Europe this summer, and want to hit up a huge festival, but more along the lines of electronic music types or at least a good variety of music.

Some festivals I have in mind are:

Global Gathering (same night as DP in Berkeley though!)
Dance Valley
MysteryLand
Sensation
Qlimax
PukkelPop

I kind of want it to be an Outdoor though.. Any one else have any suggestions? Opinions?

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-10-2007, 03:10 PM
its ATP vs the Fans or nothing. do it. DOOOO ITTTT.

instinct
03-10-2007, 03:11 PM
its ATP vs the Fans or nothing. do it. DOOOO ITTTT.

?? since when is that a european festival? ATP looks okay.. I've never been, but it's not something I feel compelled to go to.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-10-2007, 03:48 PM
?? since when is that a european festival? ATP looks okay.. I've never been, but it's not something I feel compelled to go to.

it's in the UK. which is part of europe. and here, i bolded the awesome stuff for you:

MODEST MOUSE MOGWAI EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY APPLES IN STEREO BATTLES YO LA TENGO LES SAVY FAV WILCO TRANS AM THE THERMALS ANNUALS OKKERVIL RIVER YOUTHMOVIE SOUNDTRACK STRATEGIES BUILT TO SPILL SPARKLEHORSE AKRON FAMILY NOTWIST ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN DO MAKE SAY THINK DEATH VESSEL BRIGHTBLACK MORNINGLIGHT SHELLAC OF NORTH AMERICA MICAH P. HINSON THE BOOKS BAND OF HORSES GRIZZLY BEAR EDAN + MC DAGHA PATTI SMITH GHOST ALEXANDER TUCKER CAPRICORNS TALL FIRS CURRENT 93 ISIS

infect ME
03-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Go to Ibiza and go to the opening or closing parties for Space.

Dode BCK
03-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Rockness,in early june.So far they have Daft Punk,Chemical brothers,Groove armada ,manic street preachers and loads of others.Even the loch ness monsters rumoured to be DJ`ing

paulb
03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Bestival at the Isle of Wight has got Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers headlining. But you gotta go wherever Daft Punk is playing.

instinct
03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
lol.. i'm lame.. I didn't even realize ATP was in England.. The only one I have heard of was the one is Califronia.

instinct
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
It looks like i might hit up Mysteryland and Pukkelpop.. 4 days of festival is good enough for a 2-3 week trip to Europe.