PDA

View Full Version : Hotel emergency advice

billypilgrimisunstuck
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
So long story short, the place that I booked 8 months ago reneged on our reservation because she "wants to use the house to celebrate her husband's birthday". Unfortunately, since this is a family friend, I can't ask for any sort of rectification. All in all, she's a giant cunt (i don't use that word lightly, but she is).

So does anyone have any advice on any cheap, last minute solutions for a motel? I'm kind of lost over here and freaking out.

Advanced thanks to everyone

JustSteve
03-31-2011, 07:19 AM
just stay on top of things here, there have been a few people cancelling reservations and others who are willing to transfer to you. last year the motel 6 at washington and varner had rooms available for walkups, no reservation needed. maybe call them and see what the deal is this year.

captncrzy
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah, Steve's right. Start picking up the phone.

TomAz
03-31-2011, 07:37 AM
www.orbitz.com

Courtney
03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree with the advice above.

Orders of action:

1) Go onto kayak.com and search. Book a 100% refundable reservation somewhere, anywhere, even if it's too expensive and too far away, just so you know that you have something. It looks like the Quality Inn & Suites Cathedral City, Holiday Inn Palm Desert, and the Best Western Palm Springs all still have rooms available for under $200 per night for Coachella weekend.

2) Give your fingers a dialing workout and call up every place by phone. Even if it says online that they are booked. Ask about last minute cancellations, walk ups, etc.

3) Keep your eyes on this board for people to announce their unneeded hotel reservations. And then act fast.

TomAz
03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
It looks like the Quality Inn & Suites Cathedral City, Holiday Inn Palm Desert, and the Best Western Palm Springs all still have rooms available for under $200 per night for Coachella weekend.

This is the most important sentence in the thread.

TomAz
03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
also Courtney you should snap one of those up.

Courtney
03-31-2011, 08:02 AM
also Courtney you should snap one of those up.

I think it would take my Coachella obsession to new levels if I stayed in a hotel nearby but didn't actually have tickets or attend the festival. I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

TomAz
03-31-2011, 08:07 AM
You can get a press pass.

Courtney
03-31-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't think you fully realize how difficult it is to get a Coachella press pass. From what I understand, they get allocated months ahead of time, and many major publications only get one or two passes which they then dole out predominantly to the lucky on-staffers who ask, and not affiliated freelancers.

TomAz
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
You know people.

Coachella1990
03-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I have a few hotel/motel rooms left. I can put a room in your name. my email is steve@calstay.com