PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Did they break up?

xbnmx
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
On hiatus while Rage reunites and Cornell does a solo album.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 05:41 PM
I hate Audioslave

Sexecutioner
01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
yea, they were a huge letdown.

i was wondering the same thing though. does this mean they broke up, or the guys in rage just couldnt pass up the money they are getting for this one show, then they go back to audislave and zak goes back to his thing?

bmack86
01-22-2007, 05:45 PM
The word is that Cornell's got his solo album and they'll see what goes from there. I'm wondering how much of a reunion this rage show is (I.E. One off vs. a resurgence of rage.)

seanironmaiden
01-22-2007, 05:49 PM
there's no way they could play this show and not walk away afterwards wanting to do more. We'll have to wait til this one's over, I guess...

Lounge Fly
01-22-2007, 05:53 PM
As a very large Audioslave fan I've stayed pretty close to the small amount of news they let out but with Morello and Cornell both doing their solo thing and Wilk just having a baby a couple months back they said they wouldn't be touring early this year, possibly not at all for this album but they assured that they're not breaking up.
Like somebody else said though, I too can't imagine that Rage can play one show and not love the energy they get to the point that they do more. I would love to see Rage play a few shows too but in the end, as somebody who appreciates all kinds of music, Audioslave is too good to come to an end this soon. Hopefully they'll get back at it sooner than later.

Trailmix
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Who cares

ProEdge
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't believe they've broken up. This should be a one time performance by Rage.

woogie846
01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Many, many people on this board care.

I'm really curious to see if they do a tour after Coachella.

Bornasghosts
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Rage is too good to let audioslave get back together (sorry chris)

Tom Morello's solo album is due out i think april 24 - it's acoustic which should be fucking awesome

if only tool would do an acoustic album

Trailmix
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I am sorry audioslave really are not good. Plus they hate each other and have no chemistry. All talented muscians but never should have gotten together.

Lounge Fly
01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Have you guys seen Audioslave in concert and really listened to their records. I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different. I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify' at the Garden during their last tour, but Audioslaves own music is just phenominal if you really listen to it, especially their 1st and 2nd albums though the 3rd is growing on me. I love all the energy of Rage too but my favorite band of all time is a Canadian band called the Tragically Hip which is all about just enjoying great(and mostly chill) music so my taste are probably a lot different than a lot of people who are die hard Rage fans. I wish more people would give Audioslave a chance, almost everything they've done so far has been pretty fantastic!

At the same time I'll be the first to say that though it looks like i can't make coachella I would absolutely love to see RATM in concert again.

alternapop
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
usually when "superstars of rock" get together to form a band, that band stinks. audioslave is no exception.

ProEdge
01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
I am sorry audioslave really are not good. Plus they hate each other and have no chemistry. All talented muscians but never should have gotten together.Wait a second bro. Where exactly do you get off saying they "hate each other"?? Do you know this first hand? Do you talk to the band regularly or what? Please don't say things that you can't prove.

luckyface
01-22-2007, 09:21 PM
If I made the music that Audioslave made, I would loathe whomever I made that music with.

superfiction
01-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I am sorry audioslave really are not good. Plus they hate each other and have no chemistry. All talented muscians but never should have gotten together.

you are a moron.

plus the first album had amazing chemistry

Bosco
01-22-2007, 09:32 PM
my favorite audioslave song is cock-cheese

conzertfreek
01-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Absolute crap! If you take the time to listen to the interviews within the band its self they even have stated how powerful Chris's voice has been and will continue to be. Chris has always been someone the band looked up to as a singer longer before the end of RATM and when they were given the opportunity to meet and try to write some music with him they came out with amazing material. Tom's words were that "they had their most fertile writing experience together as AUDIOSLAVE writing 21 songs in 19 days” For the 1st album that’s incredible. People like you give RATM fans a bad name

xbnmx
01-23-2007, 01:55 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Have you guys seen Audioslave in concert and really listened to their records. I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different. I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify' at the Garden during their last tour, but Audioslaves own music is just phenominal if you really listen to it, especially their 1st and 2nd albums though the 3rd is growing on me. I love all the energy of Rage too but my favorite band of all time is a Canadian band called the Tragically Hip which is all about just enjoying great(and mostly chill) music so my taste are probably a lot different than a lot of people who are die hard Rage fans. I wish more people would give Audioslave a chance, almost everything they've done so far has been pretty fantastic!

At the same time I'll be the first to say that though it looks like i can't make coachella I would absolutely love to see RATM in concert again.

I dig the Tragically Hip but careful owning up to liking jam on this board.

Renegades
01-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, as far as the love triangle forms...

Zack and Brad aren't the best of friends.
Zack and Chris are probably neutral.
Brad, Tom and Timmy C are (obviously) still cool with each other.
Tom and Zack are friends.

In all honesty, I'm just glad Timmy C and Zack have reunited. They were childhood friends, so I guess that's special.

Everyone's going on about the money, but it's not like ANY of these guys ever throw that money around you know? None of them lead lavish lifestyles like MC Hammer did, so why do people think they're doing it for the money?

shando
01-23-2007, 03:54 AM
Rage is too good to let audioslave get back together (sorry chris)

Tom Morello's solo album is due out i think april 24 - it's acoustic which should be fucking awesome

if only tool would do an acoustic album

Actually The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello's alter ego) sucks big time. :)

Dave Gravy
01-31-2007, 01:21 PM
The first Audioslave album was good. Everything else they did was shit. I hope Rage gets back together for good.

devilray223
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Actually The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello's alter ego) sucks big time. :)

it doesn't suck big time...it's not that great...really folkish...and his voice just isn't that good.

loveandtears
01-31-2007, 01:52 PM
I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different.

I think that this is true. I also think that all the members of RATM aren't getting paid as much as every thinks they are. Look at the logic behind it all, all of them are taking some sort of break. Money is running low... but I still love RATM. I saw them on the Battle of Los Angeles tour and they rocked the f**k out of that place. Can't wait to see them again....

shotglass75
01-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Chris Cornell is going to come out with Rage and sing Kumbaya for the encore

canexplain
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I dig the Tragically Hip but careful owning up to liking jam on this board.

boy are you right ... mention a jam band and people start with the dirty hippie , wookie stuff .... thats too bad ...cr******

joebizz
01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify'

Chris Cornell sang a RATM song? That's just blasphemy! I can't believe the rest of the band actually thought that was O.K. I f-ing hate Audioslave.

joebizz
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh, and I DARE any audioslave fans to wear their T-shirt on Sunday. You will be a target. Don't hurt yourself.

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 03:21 PM
boy are you right ... mention a jam band and people start with the dirty hippie , wookie stuff .... thats too bad ...cr******

I really don't get how you can call The Hip a jam band. I like all kinds of music, pretty much except for jam. I've seen the Hip a shitload of times and at no point would I ever compare it to jam.
By the way I'm also heading up to Ottawa to see them tomorrow night and then rock the nations capital for a couple nights. Going to be a great weekend.
But yeah again, my point was jam sucks, the hip is not jam

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Chris Cornell sang a RATM song? That's just blasphemy! I can't believe the rest of the band actually thought that was O.K. I f-ing hate Audioslave.

Man I don't care who you are or what you like, Chris Cornell has probably the most unbelievable voice in Rock today. Even if you hate Audioslave, the man is a legend, just like the other members of the band. Considering that Zach doesn't really sing (not knocking it, just saying its not singing) yeah I'll admit that it did sound different. They also played Killing in the Name and maybe even one more but I was pretty hammered so i forget. They also play Outshined and Spoonman which always sounds good cause on Spoonman the band sounds nasty with the bass and Tom's solo

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I read the day the line up was released that this show is a trial to see how they can hang...if all good they'll be headlining 1 of a few euro festivals...Reading being on of them...

Audioslave, I really enjoyed...saw them play 4 times and the last 2 shows to hear Soundgarden & Rage music was epic...I can only imagine how crazy nutz the crowd is gonna go when Rage hits it!!!

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I read the day the line up was released that this show is a trial to see how they can hang...if all good they'll be headlining 1 of a few euro festivals...Reading being on of them...

Audioslave, I really enjoyed...saw them play 4 times and the last 2 shows to hear Soundgarden & Rage music was epic...I can only imagine how crazy nutz the crowd is gonna go when Rage hits it!!!

I don't really mind that so much but I really wish Audioslave would go on the record about their status. If they're done then so be it and if not then great and hey maybe they have no idea but I wish something official would come out on where they stand.

SojuGorae
02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
underrated band

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM
underrated band

so true its unreal.

joebizz
02-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Man I don't care who you are or what you like, Chris Cornell has probably the most unbelievable voice in Rock today. Even if you hate Audioslave, the man is a legend, just like the other members of the band. Considering that Zach doesn't really sing (not knocking it, just saying its not singing) yeah I'll admit that it did sound different. They also played Killing in the Name and maybe even one more but I was pretty hammered so i forget. They also play Outshined and Spoonman which always sounds good cause on Spoonman the band sounds nasty with the bass and Tom's solo
I'll give you one thing: Cornell has a great voice. That said, he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice. What if He joined Soundgarden? How rediculous would that be? I can't stand any so-called "super groups". They have all super sucked.

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't really mind that so much but I really wish Audioslave would go on the record about their status. If they're done then so be it and if not then great and hey maybe they have no idea but I wish something official would come out on where they stand.

Nothing wrong with hanging out and chilling for a minute...

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice

That definately NEVER happened!!! He just sang like he did 7 nation army!!!

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll give you one thing: Cornell has a great voice. That said, he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice. What if He joined Soundgarden? How rediculous would that be? I can't stand any so-called "super groups". They have all super sucked.

I think you're missing the point. He doesn't sound like Zach you're right and the first time I heard it my first thought is 'man this sounds weird' but thats not why he's doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if Cornell felt very uncomfortable singing RATM songs for the fact that he doesn't sound like Zach and this isn't a style he's at all used to. But, there are a lot of people at these shows who loved RATM and Soundgarden and even though its an Audioslave show they really enjoy seeing some of the old stuff performed by an amazing group of artists. Trust me my friends that hit Audioslave shows with me also love Rage and we all love it when they bust out the old stuff. Its always great to see for 3 or 4 songs each show.

joebizz
02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Whatever dude. Wear an Audioslave t-shirt. Can't wait to meet you.

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Whatever dude. Wear an Audioslave t-shirt. Can't wait to meet you.

Oh what is that a threat tough guy. Really mature. If you actually read my post you'll see that I'm a very big RATM fan too and think their music is fantastic. I simply think its very narrow-minded to just say Audioslave sucks becuase they're a different style than Rage.

Hell, Scott Weiland (who also has an amazing voice) probably can't protrude that whiny tone that Axl used that pretty much defined the sound of Guns n Roses but I'm sure they still bust out Welcome to the Jungle at their shows (Never been to a VR show, just assuming they play old STP and GNR)

joebizz
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
No, man, it was a joke. I am actually a very peaceful person. I do not condone violence in any way, shape or form. I respect everyone's taste in music, but have strong feelings about RATM. Don' take me too seriously.

Lounge Fly
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
No, man, it was a joke. I am actually a very peaceful person. I do not condone violence in any way, shape or form. I respect everyone's taste in music, but have strong feelings about RATM. Don' take me too seriously.

Gotya, my bad. Thats cool then and enjoy the show. Actually its unfortunate but I can't make it but I'll be envying everybody who's there Sunday night.

joebizz
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
My dad can beat up your dad.

sighlent
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh, and I DARE any audioslave fans to wear their T-shirt on Sunday. You will be a target. Don't hurt yourself.

another quality example of a RATM fan... probably one who really suffers the oppresive nature of capitalism living in Santa Barbara.

joebizz
02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
another quality example of a RATM fan... probably one who really suffers the oppresive nature of capitalism living in Santa Barbara.
Hey, there are construction workers here too a-hole. I just happened to be born and raised here from a lower middle class family, who busted their asses to raise me in paradise, and I now have to bust my ass to stay afloat here. Try again, and don't think for a minute everyone here is wealthy.