PDA

View Full Version : Celebs you've met @ past coachella

Pages : [1] 2

fostera3
03-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Lets hear some stories, see some pictures!

Its just over two weeks away people!!!!!!

Fourthisto
03-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Every year, there's only two on my list... Danny DeVito and Hasselhoff. Every year my soul goes home a little more empty than before. Yet there is always hope. Maybe this is the year.

Theijuiel
03-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Send up a flare if you find either one.

dekelou
03-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Met Devito last year in the VIP by the Sahara. That guy is nuts. Not quite the holy grail as the Hoff though.

nationocean
03-29-2011, 09:17 AM
labeouf, lohan, hilton, some famous hockey player and some others i'm forgetting

and if members of the bands playing the festival count, then lots more..

tsweezy
03-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Katy Perry during Passion Pit last year.

dilfpot
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
hot chip and DJ lance haha :D

Fourthisto
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Send up a flare if you find either one.I will if you will. It needs to happen. A picture of me high fiving either of them would belong on my mantle.

scenicworld
03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Every year, there's only two on my list... Danny DeVito and Hasselhoff.

these are the only 2 I've seen walking around the grounds. the Hoff was chowing down in the food court and everyone was tempted to say hi and shake his hand and give him a bit of a hard time about the burger thing, but we decided to just let him eat in peace.

I'm pretty sure I saw Danny Masterson 2 years ago in the sahara, but I wasn't 100% sure if it was him. I know he goes all the time though.

of course, I've seen tons on the sides of stages but I don't think that really counts.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Passive Theory

frizzlefry
03-29-2011, 09:49 AM
I saw Claypool!...at the signing table

Grant
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/38661_1362872639650_1466610176_30842925_2433194_n. jpg

JustSteve
03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Every year, there's only two on my list... Danny DeVito and Hasselhoff. Every year my soul goes home a little more empty than before. Yet there is always hope. Maybe this is the year.

i've hassled the hoff an chatted/got a pic with devito, guess my luck has been great. since you are not a california native i guess huell howser is not on your list, but he is a holy grail for us natives. met and got a pic with him one year, too.

digitaldragon03
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Passive Theory
Lucky.

Jakedeez
03-29-2011, 10:41 AM
California Golds the shit

baily
03-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Sean Penn, Paris Hilton, Hoff, Perry Ferrell

Sean Penn was there for his speech at the main stage. I was backstage with my son and we saw him there. We asked for an autograph he said not right now...which was fine. My son was running around and having fun. We look over and Sean starts to light up a cig. and security quickly smacks it out of his mouth and stomps on it.
Penn was shocked...before he could utter a word security say's 'Take a look!' There were a bunch of propane tanks less than 10 yards away. Penn went from a look of WTF to 'Awww shit. I should have seen that' He said, 'Sorry about that!' was a little embarrased then walked over to me and my son and said he'd be happy to sign an autograph.

Paris Hilton - we were in the artist parking walking towards the festival entrance backside and my buddy noticed her. We quickly walked up and saw it was her. We were side by side going in...nothing big...but the next week she was arrested....all we did was exchange Hi's

Perry was way cool. Back stage with my son I asked for a photo with my son and he said sure....was way cool with everyone...just had a fun way about him that those of his group seemed to be into.

Hoff was backstage at the main stage...he was super nice...didn't know he was that big....he is a large man. Gave a headshot...was with his daughter and was as kind as anyone could be to anyone and everyone he met.

zukoboss
03-29-2011, 10:55 AM
the Tool Academy tool

Fourthisto
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
i've hassled the hoff an chatted/got a pic with devito, guess my luck has been great.Lucky duck! Time to spread the luck around, okay? :)

since you are not a california native i guess huell howser is not on your list, but he is a holy grail for us natives. met and got a pic with him one year, too.You're right, I had no idea who he is... but based on a quick Google seems like he is a popular dude! :cool:

Boourns
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I met Charlotte Gainsbourg last year at the signing.

bobchella
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I saw Pretty Little Liars' Brant Daugherty (http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1692&bih=1243&q=brant+daugherty&gbv=2&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=f&oq=brant+d) at Coachella last year

comedeysal
03-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Danny Masterson was in front of me in line at a churro cart a few years ago and we chatted for a bit. He bought like 6 churros...

iwaslike
03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
In 2007 my wife and I are on our way to see KOL when she says "is that James Murphy?" I turn around and it is. Unfortunately he is walking very fast in the other direction. After a moment of panic we are now chasing him down. I yell out "James" as if we are long lost friends. He turns as if hoping to see a friend only to see two out of breath total strangers. I quickly say "we are really big fans, can we get a picture?" To which he replied "you don't look that big, sure." Nancy Whang took the picture. I wish I would have gotten her in it as well.

thewoodenman
03-29-2011, 11:20 AM
i really am gonna be on the lookout for devito this year, love that lil guy

BeaverCat
03-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I met Paris Hilton.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/10hnct0.jpg

artisticcreator
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Danny Devito looking over a map in the Sahara after a set. Shook his hand and told him it was nice to see him there. Really enjoyed his smile!

thewoodenman
03-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I met Paris Hilton.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/10hnct0.jpg

hhaha that shirt is greatness all around

insbordnat
03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
In 2007 my wife and I are on our way to see KOL when she says "is that James Murphy?" I turn around and it is. Unfortunately he is walking very fast in the other direction. After a moment of panic we are now chasing him down. I yell out "James" as if we are long lost friends. He turns as if hoping to see a friend only to see two out of breath total strangers. I quickly say "we are really big fans, can we get a picture?" To which he replied "you don't look that big, sure." Nancy Whang took the picture. I wish I would have gotten her in it as well.

That would have been awesome. Great story...reminds me of when I saw Busy P. I yelled out "Pedro!" and he took a pic with us.

PagodasPinkPants
03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
In 09 I was in the Sahara with my group waiting for Girl Talk to start when one of them noticed Gareth and Neil from Los Campesinos! We ended up hanging out with them for the rest of the night and on Saturday until they had to leave town. That same year we saw Mystery from the Pickup Artist by the beer garden (he's a giant and was wearing a cowboy hat with a miners light attached), Adrian Grenier with a big beard outside the Sahara and Alicia Silverstone during the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Last year I saw the guy who plays Andy on Weeds by the lockers and Tiesto watching Yeasayer but my girlfriend forbade me from saying anything nasty to him.

jimmycrackcorn
03-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Juliette lewis in regular parking several coachellas ago... She was with some fat C List actor and at the time I couldn't remember either of their names so I pointed at them and said "hey look they're famous" to my girlfriend... If I would've remembered their names I would've asked for a picture and offered them some of our bud brownies we were eating before entering fest -shrugs-

Bomboclat
03-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Met Devito last year, he gave me a high five! Awesome dude, really knows how to party.

Hopefully i'll meet the full IAS crew this year, I know they were there last year.

Bomboclat
03-29-2011, 02:10 PM
since you are not a california native i guess huell howser is not on your list, but he is a holy grail for us natives. met and got a pic with him one year, too.

Super jealous of that one, I love Huell.

DJ Sin
03-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Gaspard Augé, David J, and Kevin Haskins.

Sseely
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
the Tool Academy tool

Lol not a celeb, but guess its still fun to see people that were on tv.

Sseely
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Met Devito last year, he gave me a high five! Awesome dude, really knows how to party.

Hopefully i'll meet the full IAS crew this year, I know they were there last year.

That would be sick, i wish that also. Charlie!

fuck frankie
03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
met Matt & Kim at their signing (so it doesn't count) and they are two of the sweetest people on earth.

eureka
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Awesome! My husband and I would have done the same thing. James Murphy is the man, very sad about no more LCD but keen to see what he does next.

jahchella
03-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Met Dave Grohl and them Crooked Fultures.

johnnypolite
03-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Jason Lee in 2005. He was there watching Midlake.

rAnimatorX2
03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Watched LCD Soundsystem with Danny Masterson last year.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_MIO1HnCgKiw/S80qMawxaCI/AAAAAAAAWOw/aehPRI4TnYE/s640/Coachella2010%20063.JPG

Shooters08
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Met Eugene Belfrod "THE PLAGUE" (Fisher Stevens) from Hackers

Cdubby
03-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Paul T

well not really, he was right behind me in the back of the Sahara last year, and I was too shy (polite?) to interrupt him and his lady friend's good time. I do wish I threw him a thank you though.

edit- I also had just finished smoking lots of herb and was a bit paranoid that he was RIGHT behind me.

Fourthisto
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Eugene Belfrod "THE PLAGUE" (Fisher Stevens) How many different people is this.

ballroomdancer22
03-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I was right beside a shirtless and potbellied David J from Bauhaus with his arms around his wife(?) in the Sahara during the Chemical Brothers in 2009...

..i did so many double takes that I assumed he noticed because when we finally locked with what I believe were eyes (he had shades on) he nodded as in "Yes, I'm that old grizzled goth rocker from that one band, now avert your eyes back to the stage and cease your gawking."

I obliged after that

le cab
03-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Last Year during Club 75. I was sitting outside the Sahara minding my own business tripping on the Palms?/Grass??? IDK. I was leaning against the fence that divided the rose garden and a random guy stands next to me. I look at his wristband and it says "Artist". He knew I was way out of my head. I stare... take a double look and it was freaking James Murphy. All he said was 'Hi, you okay?' to which I nodded.

MantisMel
03-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Watched LCD Soundsystem with Danny Masterson last year.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_MIO1HnCgKiw/S80qMawxaCI/AAAAAAAAWOw/aehPRI4TnYE/s640/Coachella2010%20063.JPG
You mean DJ Momjeans

wstsidela
03-30-2011, 03:30 AM
I got the nod of approval from DDV. I was laying on the grass smoking a blunt when DDV pushes his way out of the crowd. He sees me blazing away and gets a big ol' smile on his cute little face. He then gives me "the nod." It was awesome.

frazzles
03-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Flea asked me where the beer gardens were last year. Considering I was standing right outside them, I just pointed to the sign and said, "Right here." Then he smiled, said, "Yeah, stupid ass question", patted me on the back, and went on his merry way.

Cool story, I know.

rAnimatorX2
03-30-2011, 06:11 AM
You mean DJ Momjeans

This is true. :) We did talk about that a bit after. Overall cool guy man. We talked about the greatness that is Trident regular flavored gum. Then again, there was a smoky haze in the air amongst us, which likely sparked such nonsensical tales. Good times.

Neighborhood Creep
03-30-2011, 06:26 AM
I was up front center for Gorillaz and Paris Hilton was standing about 5 feet away (spitting distance) from me during the first couple songs. The cunt was putting on cover up during the intro, not even attempting to watch what was happening on stage. I didn't look her was for a few more minutes, but when I did she took her compact out again and looked into the mirror. wtf

I am terrible at recognizing celebs so she's the only one in the 2 years i've attended that I have even noticed.

JC2011
03-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Here...
(http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2034375&postcount=1029)

abbeyroad 04
03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Since 2002:
Robbie Williams (Solo Artist/Singer/Take That)
Tommy Lee
Mark Ronson
Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear)
Kelly Osbourne
Katy Perry
Jamie Reynolds (Klaxons)
Santino Rice (Designer - Project Runway)
The Hoff
Duffy
Bob Forrest (Thelonius Monster & Celebrity Rehab w/Dr. Drew)
John Waters
Matt Sorum (GnR/Velevt Revolver/The Cult)
Ezra and Chris (VAmpire Weekend)
Stewart Copeland
Tony Kanal and Gabe McNair (No Doubt)

Bumblebee
03-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Doesn't most of the Entourage cast attend many years?

baily
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Since 2002:
Robbie Williams (Solo Artist/Singer/Take That)
Tommy Lee
Mark Ronson
Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear)
Kelly Osbourne
Katy Perry
Jamie Reynolds (Klaxons)
Santino Rice (Designer - Project Runway)
The Hoff
Duffy
Bob Forrest (Thelonius Monster & Celebrity Rehab w/Dr. Drew)
John Waters
Matt Sorum (GnR/Velevt Revolver/The Cult)
Ezra and Chris (VAmpire Weekend)
Stewart Copeland
Tony Kanal and Gabe McNair (No Doubt)

What's your story!?! Are you with the media?

1/2 the names I wouldn't know if I was standing next to them.

EmLeaux
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1H7Ms.jpg

I met Mystery in 2009. That was pretty fun. He did not kino escalate.

tsweezy
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1H7Ms.jpg

I met Mystery in 2009. That was pretty fun. He did not kino escalate.

hahhahahaha mystery

abbeyroad 04
03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
What's your story!?! Are you with the media?

1/2 the names I wouldn't know if I was standing next to them.

No media, just a music fanatic and culture junkie. I like to people watch and I see them. Many I've had a pic with (I'll post later - I'm not on my home computer).

brfilora
03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Met Dany Devito as well as Dee and Mac from 'it's always sunny' last year.

BeeII
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
i never see or meet anyone famous at coachella. maybe i'm too drunk/high/whatever to notice.

usually i'm just looking at hot chicks and ppl in funny get-ups.

M Sparks
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I saw this guy

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8XqAo6nvpBU/S_MDZijdK8I/AAAAAAAAAfk/WWcsd0T1NFU/s400/T+J+Thyne.jpg

who is on that show Bones. Kind of a "who cares", but later I realized he was in Ghost World briefly.

GuyInTucson
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
The only one I have actually met was Tommy Lee back in 2003 but I see a shitload every time I go.

thedmo
03-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Beck walkin by rosy-cheeked, Kelly Osborne...AFP...3/4 of Throbbing Gristle chillin on the grass.

Huell Howser IS the Holy Grail, though.

JustSteve
03-30-2011, 11:23 AM
i even got to sit and chat with huell for a good 20 minutes while lounging in the artist compound, it was rad.

Los Angeles -X-
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
First of all....who cares? But here's a cool story...

A few years ago I was standing in line in the VIP to get a drink and the bass player from the Black Lips was right next to me. He looks at me and goes "watch this" as he jumps over the bar and grabs a giant bottle of Grey Goose while the bartenders weren't looking. Then he jumps back over and tells me "lets roll!". I sat under a tree for an hour with him getting super vodka shitty. Great time.

MistaGlitch
03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I Googled Huell Howser and I still don't get it...

ivankay
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I Googled Huell Howser and I still don't get it...

Southern California thing. He's been on our PBS stations forever and comes across as the NICEST and MOST INTERESTED person in the world. He travels the state visiting anything worth visiting. Anyone who has grown up here can do an impression of him or recognize when someone is attempting to. Huell did an hour on the Empire Polo Fields and Coachella in 2008 (Here's part 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28w2Tc55PvI). He LOVED it. i saw him in 2009. i have seen and met a lot of celebrities in my life and i about shit rainbows when i saw him. Sure enough he was SUPER NICE and INTERESTED in me and why i was at Coachella (without a camera following him).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2516/3770706117_52b85e4eed_z.jpg

Once you know Huell, this is hilarious:

NKTSa-NT5Oc

Sseely
03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I was up front center for Gorillaz and Paris Hilton was standing about 5 feet away (spitting distance) from me during the first couple songs. The cunt was putting on cover up during the intro, not even attempting to watch what was happening on stage. I didn't look her was for a few more minutes, but when I did she took her compact out again and looked into the mirror. wtf

I am terrible at recognizing celebs so she's the only one in the 2 years i've attended that I have even noticed.

What a bitch, those r the kind of people i hate.

Los Angeles -X-
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
i even got to sit and chat with huell for a good 20 minutes while lounging in the artist compound, it was rad.

awww you're so exclusively adorable

MissingPerson
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Your obsession with JustSteve is weird, and your trolling is poor. He's better than you.

bonerfromgrowingpains
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
awww you're so exclusively adorable

hahahahaha...juststeve is such an asshole. does every post have to be about being backstage? big fucking deal...no one cares

MissingPerson
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. I'm going to grab a beer and read a book.

theFuckguy
03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Fuck Huell in the ass.

MistaGlitch
03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks for the background Ivankay. Makes more sense.

AgainstFeist
03-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Can't remember the year (prob 08' or 09'), but I was dancing in the Do-Lab one night and my friend says "Hey Carmen Electra is behind you. I laughed and said "Yeah right, I wish". I turn around and sure enough there she was. SO HOT!!

ivankay
03-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Fuck Huell in the ass.

Well, you are theFuckguy. i imagine you fuck anyone, anywhere given the chance. Keep up the good work (insert thumbs up, a pat on the back and pardon me while i walk backwards away from you...can't be too carefule around Fuckguys)

PagodasPinkPants
03-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Tommy Lee was in the checkout line ahead of me at Food For Less on Saturday last year.

Bomboclat
03-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Southern California thing. He's been on our PBS stations forever and comes across as the NICEST and MOST INTERESTED person in the world. He travels the state visiting anything worth visiting. Anyone who has grown up here can do an impression of him or recognize when someone is attempting to. Huell did an hour on the Empire Polo Fields and Coachella in 2008 (Here's part 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28w2Tc55PvI). He LOVED it. i saw him in 2009. i have seen and met a lot of celebrities in my life and i about shit rainbows when i saw him. Sure enough he was SUPER NICE and INTERESTED in me and why i was at Coachella (without a camera following him).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2516/3770706117_52b85e4eed_z.jpg

Once you know Huell, this is hilarious:

NKTSa-NT5Oc

Yes, dear god, yes!

McFearless
03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
In 2007 I seen Cisco Adler trying to get back stage and not being able to. I had the strongest urge to throw something at him.

I passed by Lily Allen that same year and my hand grazed hers. I'm almost positive she thought I was trying to steal her ring or something idk. When I looked down at her hand like sorry she had a huge ring on. Then I just looked up at her shrugged and kept walking. It was the weirdest thing.

I'm kinda hoping Paris Hilton is irrelevant enough to just not be there this year.

Not necessarily related but when I went to get Mika's autograph, I handed it to some spanish girl and walked away for a minute. She got it signed for me and said he was a bit of a douche and would only hug guys lol.

laurtie
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
In 2007, I said hi to Ron Jeremy as he was walking out from backstage of the Main Stage.

In 2008, Elija Wood by the Gogol Bordello autograph signing. He was really nice.

and last year, Hayden Panettiere up front for Jay-Z.

Turt McGirt
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Her body guard was this huge black dude, who was super serious he was out there 30 minutes before she came out. He was pretty cool though, all about his business, but I'm glad I met him and not her......skank

Neighborhood Creep
04-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Her body guard was this huge black dude, who was super serious he was out there 30 minutes before she came out. He was pretty cool though, all about his business, but I'm glad I met him and not her......skank

We should have raped her together

thom cobain
04-01-2011, 09:44 AM
I met Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz one year. Met Danny DeVito another year.

I just shook hands and said hello.

abbeyroad 04
04-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Robbie Williams:
http://i56.tinypic.com/akfotj.jpg
Katy Perry:
http://i52.tinypic.com/33oqxzm.jpg
Tommy Lee:
http://i52.tinypic.com/iwumgi.jpg
Ed Droste:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hd4c5e.jpg
Kelly Osbourne:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dhd9h4.jpg
Ezra and Chris (Vampire Weekend):
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ro6b8n.jpg
John Waters:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vsq61y.jpg
Bob Forrest:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2q9w9c0.jpg
Ira Wolf Tuton (Yeasayer):
http://i52.tinypic.com/1zlvvo2.jpg
Jamie Reynolds (Klaxons):
http://i55.tinypic.com/1zq8pjp.jpg
Santino Rice (Project Runway/Designer):
http://i52.tinypic.com/4tttuf.jpg
Duffy:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2agnl8p.jpg
Mark Ronson:
http://i53.tinypic.com/295qxzc.jpg

Aales
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Dita Von tease last year,She was wearing a full face of makeup,It was like 6pm & it was totally perfect she wasn't even sweaty & she was wearing platform wedges she was a total sweetheart OH and i touched John waters' hand

frizzlefry
04-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Huell Howser? That's AMAZING!

Iamwelting
04-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I just watched the entire Huell Howser show from Coachella. It was amazing. It was actually quite informative, since this will be my first. The best part is when he walks into the steam punk tree house. It's as if his head is about to explode from sheer amazement.

frizzlefry
04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
GV should post that show on the main page throughout the rest of the year when they have absolutely nothing happening on this site.

sunnydeys
04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
elijah wood two or three ago. he walked past me and i thought "that guys short and looks like that dude who played frodo. oh shit it's frodo!"

and i was standing next to eva amurri (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0025483/) at julian casablancas set last year.

nbvcide
04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Tommy Lee was in the checkout line ahead of me at Food For Less on Saturday last year.

lol, thats like me, i see celebs everywhere EXCEPT coachella, ive prob seen more at work, but i was standing near Hoff during Gogol Bordello in 08, and saw Miley Cyrus and her dad Billy Ray walking around the outdoor, Miley looking pissed that nobody gave a shit that she was miley cyrus.. randomly ran into The Greencards in the Mojave and said 'hey! youre the greencards!' and then was mistaken for Shooter Jennings about two min later lol

PagodasPinkPants
04-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Can't remember the year (prob 08' or 09'), but I was dancing in the Do-Lab one night and my friend says "Hey Carmen Electra is behind you. I laughed and said "Yeah right, I wish". I turn around and sure enough there she was. SO HOT!!

Carmen Electra hasn't been hot in 10 years.

Suffacated
04-02-2011, 06:39 PM
hahahahaha...juststeve is such an asshole. does every post have to be about being backstage? big fucking deal...no one cares

Membership has it's privileges.

Beanbean
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM

Hahahaha, true but would still hit it a few hundred times

AgainstFeist
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM

She still would have got it. I don't care how many times Rodman gave it to her.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Busy P said he liked my shirt a few years ago

Hayleymoo
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
whitney port from the hills hehe
durring the set of la roux from last year
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/23547_1391932449226_1559580042_950501_6406336_n.jp g

Wicked Spork
04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
anyone else run into "Turtle" from entourage last year?

Dylanfan0027
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
hung out last year for about an hour with Tommy Lee and was back at his trailer. Shawn White last year. The guys and there wives from The Crystal Method at the after party for 2 hours. NBD

bdb23
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I will if you will. It needs to happen. A picture of me high fiving either of them would belong on my mantle.

I'm down to do this too. Let's see if we can sneak in a massive amount of flare-guns for this purpose. Sound good?

Zero23
06-04-2011, 02:41 AM
I spotted David Hasslehoff with his 20-something girlfriend on Saturday this year, said what's up, he was in a hurry and just kind of waved.

Also, about an hour after that, we were in the Sahara and the guy who plays Jesse in Breaking Bad walked by us. One of my friends asked him if he had any meth and Jesse gave him a really serious look as if he was in character and then busted up laughing. Good times.

betao
06-04-2011, 03:13 AM
In 2010 I crossed paths with Dave Grohl as he was walking quickly across the polo fields. He was super nice.

Riflesmile
06-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Ricki Lake with her son dancing behind me during the chemicals set this year.

tsweezy
06-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Rob Kardashian in 2011
He's sooo dreamy.

thom cobain
06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Mick and me during Arcade Fire.
http://www.coachella.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1944&stc=1&d=1307215965

LyricsForTheMind
06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Also, about an hour after that, we were in the Sahara and the guy who plays Jesse in Breaking Bad walked by us. One of my friends asked him if he had any meth and Jesse gave him a really serious look as if he was in character and then busted up laughing. Good times.[/QUOTE]

hahaha that is classic

mj429
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
In 2007 I worked security for free tickets, and I would usually work the backstage at the mainstage. I met the Arcade Fire, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, and a few other bands I can't remember. These were just the "hey" type deals with a "hey" back. I saw a ton of other bands up close like RATM and RHCP.

I stopped Drew Barrymore from getting to the seating on the mainstage and I was like "Can I see your pass?" and she was like "ohhh I don't have one"...then the backstage manager guy was like "here come in" to her. She then said something like "oh, I know you're just doing your job" to me. I also checked in Cameron Diaz and Paris Hilton. I can't remember any one else at the moment. Working that coachella was hella fun.

thetello
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
in all of his sideways glory (my apologies, too close to get an upright video of it) video of mr devito dancing to the black keys this year.

ZjzjRWDvKOA

PapaDill
06-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I saw Pedro winter (busy p) dancing in a near empty do lab. I saw him, said fuck yeah! And gave him a high five. I think it was on Friday this year.

Leeartlee
06-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Also, about an hour after that, we were in the Sahara and the guy who plays Jesse in Breaking Bad walked by us. One of my friends asked him if he had any meth and Jesse gave him a really serious look as if he was in character and then busted up laughing. Good times.

That's pretty awesome. Great show btw.

PepeO
06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't know about ya'll, but I was raised in NoHo and celebrity sightings are just not exciting anymore. I don't care, unless it's Bjork, Thom York, an undead Beatle, or something along those lines then I'll just let them be on their merry way.

Any other native Angelenos feel similary?

gaypalmsprings
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Mick and me during Arcade Fire.
http://www.coachella.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1944&stc=1&d=1307215965

who is mick?

Grant
06-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Mick Jones. Big Audio Dynamite. The Clash. Gorillaz.

ThatGirl
06-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Met Danny Devito in between Black Keys and Chemical Bros. on a golf cart ride, he was really sweet..asked what I was going to see and asked my name. Cool guy. Saw tons of others walking around too. Saw Paul McCartney right before Danny, and went into a full state of shock.

TheRotten42
06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't know about ya'll, but I was raised in NoHo and celebrity sightings are just not exciting anymore. I don't care, unless it's Bjork, Thom York, an undead Beatle, or something along those lines then I'll just let them be on their merry way.

Any other native Angelenos feel similary?

I'm kinda the same way. I grew up on the Sunset Strip and did a lot of work for a bunch of different bands that have filtered through the venues there and at first, of course, you get the shock of meeting someone famous but after it keeps happening you realize they are just people. Nothing speical.

Penultimate
06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I got to sing jazz onstage with Jeff Goldblum while he played piano in the lot 8 campgrounds this year. That was pretty much amazing for me.

abbeyroad 04
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Robbie Williams:
http://i56.tinypic.com/akfotj.jpg
Katy Perry:
http://i52.tinypic.com/33oqxzm.jpg
Tommy Lee:
http://i52.tinypic.com/iwumgi.jpg
Ed Droste:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hd4c5e.jpg
Kelly Osbourne:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dhd9h4.jpg
Ezra and Chris (Vampire Weekend):
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ro6b8n.jpg
John Waters:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vsq61y.jpg
Bob Forrest:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2q9w9c0.jpg
Ira Wolf Tuton (Yeasayer):
http://i52.tinypic.com/1zlvvo2.jpg
Jamie Reynolds (Klaxons):
http://i55.tinypic.com/1zq8pjp.jpg
Santino Rice (Project Runway/Designer):
http://i52.tinypic.com/4tttuf.jpg
Duffy:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2agnl8p.jpg
Mark Ronson:
http://i53.tinypic.com/295qxzc.jpg

Add to my list this year:
Adrian Young and Gabe McNair from No Doubt during Duran Duran
Michael Costello (designer from Project Runway)
3 of the band Local Natives between the outdoor and main stages on Sat. early in the day.
The 2 teens from the TV show The Middle by the outdoor stage after B.A.D.

Vic Viper
07-01-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm kinda the same way. I grew up on the Sunset Strip and did a lot of work for a bunch of different bands that have filtered through the venues there and at first, of course, you get the shock of meeting someone famous but after it keeps happening you realize they are just people. Nothing speical.
eh, they're people sure, but i only typically bother to introduce myself to celebrities that mean something to me (musicians primarily). i just like to offer a handshake and a thanks. they seem to enjoy that more than me hounding for an autograph or a picture.

although if i ever run into karl hyde and/or rick smith from underworld i may attempt to fellate them on the spot.

brematale111
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
so jealous of you meeting Ed Droste

nyarlathotoats
11-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I met Justin Meldal-Johnson in 2010. I didn't want to waste his time so I asked who he was there to see, to which he replied "everyone". I said, "Okay, have a good time" , then went on my way.

baily
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
I've met a few backstage, but honestly could care less about seeing any on the main grounds....how would you even notice? Shit, I'm focused on ---get beer---get to next show---get beer----when is next show----

deepseabreeze
01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
my buddy claimed to have banged out Teresa Palmer (aussie actress) at last year's Coachella. I know he hung out with her the whole weekend because I've seen tons of picture evidence but I'm not so sure about hooking up with her. He's not the lying type so I've given him the benefit of the doubt

mikey1313666
01-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I met Daedelus on friday last year outside the Mojave while Elbow was playing. We smoked the fattest spliff and talked for a good 20 minutes. Probably the most talented/humble man I have ever had the pleasure of chilling with. He killed it later that night as well

Neighborhood Creep
01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't even recognize most celebs if I seen them

geonotgio
01-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I tried to approach Tyler The Creator but he said... "BACK THE FUCK UP" and threatened to shoot me with his water gun. :laughyou

KickerConspiracy
01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
My gf met Bob Forrest and Perry Farrel and his wife a few years back and Dave Grohl in 2010. I was in a water line a few people behind Jake Gylennhaal I think in 2010, and had a brief conversation with Aubrey Plaza walking from Mojave to Outdoor last year (me with the sexy opening line 'Has anyone ever told you you look just like Aubrey Plaza?'). Also chatted up Amanda Palmer for a minute in 2009.

RobertGoulet
01-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Walked into the festival last year following an open-shirted Hoff showing off the chest hair - pretty funny. Was standing in the beer gardens watching Arcade Fire and noticed a group of people dancing together off to my left, then looked closer and realized it was katy perry and her crew. Also saw Tyler the creator outside of the festival with what I assumed were other members of OF but they were pretty much terrorizing everyone within sight haha

avengeance
01-24-2012, 12:37 AM
I saw Dave Chapelle, David Hasslehoff, and Paris Hilton right next to me for Kayne. Earlier that day I ran into Vanessa Hudgens tapped her on the shoulder and said "Are you Vanessa Hudgeons?" I believe she said "Maybe from behind" then she started doing a fake laugh or whatever and then proceeded to walk away banging away with her tambourine and spinning in circles like a hippy. haha

Lithium
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I believe she said "Maybe from behind" then she started doing a fake laugh or whatever and then proceeded to walk away banging away with her tambourine and spinning in circles like a hippy. haha

What a whore

algunz
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Not really appropriate for this thread, but I saw Natalie Portman at LACMA on Sunday. She's TINY.

Mugwog
01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Not really appropriate for this thread, but I saw Natalie Portman at LACMA on Sunday. She's TINY.

Spinner

nic[ick]
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407626_2372552127289_1655119279_1689901_297759496_ n.jpg

Bam Margera.
i was walking in a crowd of friends and he tackled me to the ground. I didnt even know it was him until Manny asked if i was ok and it all clicked. Bam didn't even apologize he just said "some jackass did that" I grabbed a pic with him before the crowd realized what was going on. weird. super weird

Cameron Frye
01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
cool pic

heyeric
01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
2010 met David Faustino of Married with Children, very generous guy, bought my group a few drinks at the bar. Oh ya, Russell Simmons too.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I was hanging out last year with McLovin and the rest of the young rapscalions

dorkfish
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
I watched Sonic Youth with Arcade Fire.

assortednuts
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
08: Watched a little bit of M.I.A. and Animal Collective before parting ways with Jens Lekman. Headed over to watch Mark Ronson and found myself standing next to David Hasslehoff who was almost as tall as me. He was bombarded so I didn't say anything.

09: nobody.

10: I ran into a tiny couple on my way from Miike Snow to Phoenix. I turned around to apologize and saw that it was Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. Instead of apologizing I just pointed at them at disappeared into the crowd.

11: I was wearing my shirt as a cape and Katy Perry told me I looked like Superman and had a nice body. I laughed nervously and then yelled out "I have x-ray vision, too" like a creep as she walked away.

frizzlefry
01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
10: I ran into a tiny couple on my way from Miike Snow to Phoenix. I turned around to apologize and saw that it was Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. Instead of apologizing I just pointed at them at disappeared into the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

samaragee
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I SAW HASSLEHOFF AND DEVITO LAST YEAR DURING WIZ KHALIFA. It was great.

verveman77
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Does god count cause i found him in 2008 at portishead

meyouseek
04-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Flea was a jerk.

Mugwog
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Flea was a jerk.

I hope that was just an off day, because he seems pretty awesome from his body of work

Riggins33
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Mclovin was hanging out in the beer garden between the outdoor and main stage, he was really enjoying the fact that hes famous. Saw Peter Dante and Simon Rex watching Phoenix a couple years ago, don't know if they count as celebrities.

Mugwog
04-11-2012, 11:50 PM
That kid was probably enjoying the molestations he was involved in with intoxicated fans that weekend.... MMMMmmm..one day

verticalpk007
04-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I saw Vanessa Hudgens rolling face. I lel'ed hard

katmadness
04-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Conor Oberst was right next to me watching Leonard Cohen.
Wayne Coyne.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
I wouldn't even recognize most celebs if I seen them

Same here. I've not recognized friends who were standing next to me watching an act. Just too many people at Coachella so I just give up the fact that I may know/recognize someone.

meyouseek
04-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I hope that was just an off day, because he seems pretty awesome from his body of work

His body of work through 1992 was cool. I think something strange happened when the Coneheads movie came out.

But celebs (especially rock stars) hanging around in the regular VIP area have to count on getting some attention. My girl just walked up an asked for a photo and he snapped and yelled at her. Lucky for that little punk I was on the other side of the fields. And I suppose lucky for me cuz I'm sure some heavy security would have ruined my day after I folded up Fleabag like a road map.

loubque
04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Ive only seen Beyonce's hair and entourage pass by me. I am usually too focused on getting to the next stage/tent to notice anyone around me. But I would love to meet DeVito and Hasselhoff.

calymos
04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Michelle Trachtenberg and Russell Brand behind the stage at Mojave... didn't get a pic, though.

vfcali
04-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Saw Yoda in 2010.

Douchey.McDouche.Douche.
04-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Saw paris hilton yesterday right after noel gallagher's set.. took a picture, will post picture sometime this week.

jiggly
04-15-2012, 10:35 AM
saw paris hilton smoking weed sidestage rhcp in 2007 aint shit changed....

anonimouse
04-16-2012, 04:23 PM
this year a friend and i saw bob forrest. he was with a baby and stroller, looked like he just changed his kid in the shelter of the back of the do lab. pretty surreal. we left him alone as he looked busy enough as it was taking care of a littlun

alyssaf12
04-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Conor Oberst was right next to me watching Leonard Cohen.
Wayne Coyne.

Are you sure that's Conor? Looks like him but then it also doesn't... weird angle maybe

calymos
04-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I also saw Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry, along with Trachtenburg and Brand at Mojave. I think I saw a couple more, but I couldn't remember their names.

CitizenJ
04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I swear that James Murphy of LCD soundsystem was standing right next to me at destroyer. I didn't take any pictures, but I did notice he had a heart where his GA wristband chip should have been. Also thought I spotted Zooey deschenel on the side of the stage for Andrew Bird.

LickTheLizzard
04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
IAN MCKAYE!

ods..
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I saw that guy with the long hair from Workaholics. Yup.

LickTheLizzard
04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Also I saw the singer from Refused at fIREHOSE, Jesse from Breaking Bad walking around, and the singer from WU LYF at The Weeknd.

g1zzz
04-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I high-fived Nick Simmons.

anonimouse
04-16-2012, 06:32 PM
but I did notice he had a heart where his GA wristband chip should have been

i saw an older gentleman with one of these. i know the performing artists had "A" on theirs, never got a good look at the VIP ones to know if those were the hearts or if those are special for people coachella loves. im guessing its the latter

CitizenJ
04-16-2012, 06:34 PM
i saw an older gentleman with one of these. i know the performing artists had "A" on theirs, never got a good look at the VIP ones to know if those were the hearts or if those are special for people coachella loves. im guessing its the latter

The VIP bracelets were blue and said VIP.

anonimouse
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
The VIP bracelets were blue and said VIP.

yea i figured as much, thanks for confirming. i saw the blue wristbands but never got a good look at the chip of any "VIPs"

ThatGirl
04-16-2012, 07:19 PM

I saw him last year at a smoothie stand. He's super cute.

ElBlueblazer
04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I stood next to Frodo during Radiohead.

Hayleymoo
04-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Jared Leto.

was watching martin solveig at sahara tent against the barricade on the left of the stage where the exclusive area is.

jimmycrackcorn
04-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Saw 2 photogs chasing/following some normal looking dude so I asked one of them who is that guy and he told me it was gerard butler...

He looks smaller in person

JustSteve
04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
the paparazzi are so creepy. there was some famous dude sitting in the grass outside mainstage vip sunday. these camera guys all crowd together and get on the ground in the prone position like they are trying to hide, also sitting behind people sitting in the grass and shooting between them for cover. you're not fooling anyone douchebags. then they continue to gather like wolves who smell a fresh kill, more and more, just staring waiting for a good shot and when it happens every single one of them raises their camera and starts shooting. it's the staring that is the worst. i sat close by and stared and took pictures of them just to fuck with them and you could tell they were uncomfortable. god, they are gross.

JustSteve
04-17-2012, 09:10 AM

those were the guest passes. and yes coachella loves us.

thetello
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
yea i figured as much, thanks for confirming. i saw the blue wristbands but never got a good look at the chip of any "VIPs"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543468_198313076952387_100003210891809_321859_1856 034239_n.jpg

Pea
04-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Tyler the Creator and most of the dudes from Odd Future were on my plane from Seattle to the fest. Fucking trippy being surrounded by all of them on that thing.

RedHotSgtPeppers
04-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I met Andrew Bird, and I saw Rihanna before Dre. I think she heard me yell "I hope Chris Brown beats you again!"

Mike Litoris
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Katy Perry was right next to me dancing during Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. When I was leaving Noel I walked right in between the paparazzi and a group of people and gave a "Who the fuck are these people and why does anyone care," it ended up being Paris Hilton and Afrojack. Definitely ran into the kids from Odd Future a couple times as well.

EastLos01
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Tim Roth right before buzzcoks. He was cool. looked appreciative when I told him I was a huge fan. Tim Roth and Tupac in one weekend... Gridlock'd like a motherfucker...

zircona1
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Everyone who was there just before Madness started saw David Hasselhoff's face on the big screens. THE HOFF!

Panda421
04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Ive run into Bob Forrest the past 3 years at the fest. I assume this means we were meant to be together and will be taking up residence across the street from his residence starting next Tuesday.

Grant
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
met busy p this year. pic will ensue possibly one day here. also saw josh homme in vip and one of the dudes from the horrors (bowl cut)

jessietea
04-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I was dancing right next to/behind Katy Perry at M83. I met Nick Simmons at GROUPLOVE. I hugged Penn Badgley at Gaslamp Killer. I saw Jessica Stroup at Childish Gambino.

dsrlolok
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
pierce brosnan coming out of the back of the sahara on friday

d'Back
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
This year weekend one, Elijah Wood, Kevin Shum from Glee, Paris Hilton

Grant
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
met busy p this year. pic will ensue possibly one day here. also saw josh homme in vip and one of the dudes from the horrors (bowl cut)

oh yeah i also think i saw bob mould entering the tent for sebastian... talk about weird

TomAz
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
this year a friend and i saw bob forrest. he was with a baby and stroller, looked like he just changed his kid in the shelter of the back of the do lab. pretty surreal. we left him alone as he looked busy enough as it was taking care of a littlun

oh man. this is one guy I would seriously like to shake hands with and thank him. You should have done that for me.

Stickjohn
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Send me the picture of your busy p.

paulb
04-20-2012, 09:25 AM
David Hasselhoff was right in front of me during NERO, got some pictures....

Originalbob
04-20-2012, 10:43 PM
I met TomAZ and Courtney. Those are my "claim to fame"s for the weekend :D

algunz
04-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I saw Paris heading toward the Dumb Zone.

algunz
04-20-2012, 11:02 PM
oh man. this is one guy I would seriously like to shake hands with and thank him. You should have done that for me.

I think the key is hanging out to the right of the outdoor stage. Celebs seemed to be coming from there in droves.

crosscrops
04-21-2012, 03:02 PM

Walked right past me during LA Riots. Almost asked him to take a picture of our group.

CasualJJ
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Earl Sweatshirt and most of OFWGKTA
David Hasselhoff
Katy Perry
Donald Glover (Childish Gambino)
Colin Hanks
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
Blake from Workaholics
Francis and Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle
Saw into Josh Homme from QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures in the artist compound

A few more that I forgot, but we had Guest passes so we were mingling with them all weekend, luckily.

ivankay
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Put this up on my fb:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/6935074886_10512d3dbb_c.jpg
1) Asked to take a picture of Josh Homme in the guest area before the Buzzcocks Weekend 1. Told him he regularly kicked ass. Noticed Tim Roth (not pictured) standing next to him and let him know he kicked ass as well.

2) Shook the hand of Jimmy Cliff as i was exiting and he was entering the Artist Compound. Told him the show was great and he said "Thank you." (blurry pic after this not included)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7218/7081152951_59f4ab3d32_c.jpg
3) Talked to Scott Kirkland from Crystal Method after Feist about stuff that included our past connection through Groove Radio.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/319807_10150728022946715_685531714_9961256_1007648 408_n.jpg
4) Got to meet Gary Tovar (founder of Goldenvoice) at Kasabian 2nd Weekend. Told him "Gary! i'm an Olympic / Perkins Palace kid" He liked that.

5) Ran into Fred Arminsen and Rebecca from Wild Flag in the Guest Area after PULP. Told Fred he was doing everything right.

6) Brief encounter with Ritchie Sambora in the Guest Area after the Hives. Told him if GV did Rockchella, they would be a great headliner. He liked that. (Have a picture of Ritchie and board member Missy together)

7) Radiohead was coming into their trailer area as i was going out. Was standing next to Thom Yorke. When he was done talking to someone else, i said to him "This is the closest i will ever be to you. You're the best. Looking so forward to tonight's show." Shook his hand (which i was careful not to hurt) and went away.

JustSteve
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Put this up on my fb:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/6935074886_10512d3dbb_c.jpg
1) Asked to take a picture of Josh Homme in the guest area before the Buzzcocks Weekend 1. Told him he regularly kicked ass. Noticed Tim Roth (not pictured) standing next to him and let him know he kicked ass as well..

did a double take when i first saw josh in the artist compound, he's lost a lot of weight since the last time i saw him.

cosmia
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
(disclaimer: this was not AT coachella but NEAR it, don't hassle me)
sunday morning after RH played, I went into Koffi in palm springs and while waiting in line, glanced behind me to see a certain someone.
didn't say anything, felt it would be inappropriate as he seemed to be enjoying his day off...
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318239_10150972883056124_517621123_13105831_216208 010_n.jpg

is this creepy? yes? oh well.

tyles
04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
I met Gary Tovar right before Jeff Mangum. I had seen him enter the vip/guest area in front of the outdoor theatre and I immediatedly noticed Paul Tollett walking in, and Gary Tovar was with him, and Gary makes eye contact with me. He walks up to me at the barricade and says "You know who that guy is? He's the king of Coachella." I told him I knew and then he said "and I founded Goldenvoice!" I shoke his hand and then off he went. Very cool. I saw him later in the VIP/Guest for Justice.

Neighborhood Creep
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I saw Josh right before ATDI I think. I can't think what set I saw him but that and Dre was the only set I was rail for so it makes sense.

Riggins33
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I played some Jenga with Haley Joel Osment in the Red Bull Speakeasy, didn't know it was him, he gained some wait in the last few years, then my girlfriend started talking to him about his movies. Pretty cool kid.

isnate
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
weekend 2: right before radiohead, dave chappelle was walking in between the barriers. Tried to get a picture, but he was too fast. Heard someone yell "Dave!" and he turned and waved. Oh and yes, he was most likely high as hell.

andrewlong
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

You hung out with Andrew Long. That's pretty fucking rad.

venturas90sgirl
04-26-2012, 05:39 PM
How did I miss Josh? I was at that Buzzcocks show grrrrrrrrr!

My "celebrity" brush was at Justice when Jamie Kennedy stood near us. About 4 of us tried to hit him in the head with a beach ball and failed. The highlight was my friend Dave yelling "hey Malibu's Most Wanted, FUCK YOU!"

We also got to say hi to Chromeo who was at that show as well.

frizzlefry
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/574652_3177959124635_1135343538_32673087_180263496 2_n.jpg

I was also constantly holding up crowd surfing Odd Future members during Flying Lotus weekend one

with_cheese
05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Blake!!

betao
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
in 2010 I crossed paths with Dave Grohl near the outdoorl, and met Busy P and Miguel Miggs in the VIP area. I think that's about it for people I've met at Coachella.

bartelby
05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
I saw Ed O'brien walking around with what looked to be a camera crew week 1 and then had him rock out in front of me during Modeselektor week 2.

rasooli
05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
A foot away from Dave Chappelle and John Salley while at the front of the 2nd barrier for Dre and Snoop 2nd Weekend, and Tony Hawk right before that for Justice and ATDI.

SepaGroove
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I've never seen a celebrity at Coachella other than that stupid spoiled whore Paris Hilton. Am I not standing in the celeb hot spots? I usually don't get really close to the stages because I like to enter/exit as easily as possible.

PJandBompton
05-11-2012, 03:44 AM
took a picture with Blake as well, right after Childish Gambino weekend 1.

lehorne
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
fairly certain I saw the Cameron Diaz/Drew Barrymore combination platter side stage as Oasis performed. The crowd/band/set was pretty dead, so it's easy to eye wander.

rasooli
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
You mean Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds?

lehorne
05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
No, Oasis actually played one year. The band stood there, the audience stood there, and Cameron Diaz stood there as well. It was like an unintentional Leonard Cohen show without the emotion.

rasooli
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
sounds awesome.

Living Silver
05-14-2012, 02:00 PM
the paparazzi are so creepy. there was some famous dude sitting in the grass outside mainstage vip sunday. these camera guys all crowd together and get on the ground in the prone position like they are trying to hide, also sitting behind people sitting in the grass and shooting between them for cover. you're not fooling anyone douchebags. then they continue to gather like wolves who smell a fresh kill, more and more, just staring waiting for a good shot and when it happens every single one of them raises their camera and starts shooting. it's the staring that is the worst. i sat close by and stared and took pictures of them just to fuck with them and you could tell they were uncomfortable. god, they are gross.

POST!!! I've never seen the paparazzi before- I would love to see what these guys look like.

We saw him in the beer garden, right next to the big lion statute. My friend was staring at him, trying to figure out, "Is that Pierce Brosnan?" He got annoyed and left, lol.

JustSteve
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
not coachella, but was sitting right next to rainn wilson at the hotel pool yesterday down in huntington beach. cool guy.

Living Silver
05-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Doesn't most of the Entourage cast attend many years?

I was standing behind Adrian Grenier and his girlfriend in 2009 while watching Junior Boys. About 3 songs into the set, her nudges her, they turn around and leave. Dude walks straight through me as he leaves (it wasn't that crowded). He's either a huge duche or was really high/drunk. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (even though he seemed sober).

RodFed1993
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM
This wasn't at Coachella, but I met Seth Green on Friday after getting kicked out of a club on Hollywood Boulevard. He's really short. I was wasted and kept grabbing his tits and telling him how much I love robot chicken (which is not exactly true). He was a good sport though.

hools
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/574652_3177959124635_1135343538_32673087_180263496 2_n.jpg

fucking awesome

timothyhockley
05-16-2012, 10:37 PM
2012 w2 , i think sunday, saw earl sweatshirt ( odd future) walking with some friends. i think one of them was fellow odd future member taco, but earl caught my eye and i had to turn around to make sure it was him

sonofhal
05-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Spoke to the bass player from Rags to Radio and the singer/guitarist from The Tet Holiday on the same day. I was starstruck.

ivankay
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Both those guys are HAWT!

RageAgainst
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Ya def ran into Earl sweatshirt and Jasper W1,first i was mad because i walked up to a food truck pretty much as it was closed sunday night i then see some kid start talking about how he makes the shirts for odd future and then i realize it was them walking away,i then proceed over to the Super tall paul show in the campgrounds and realize that its them again this time just talking shit on who ever was on stage..That kid will def blow up soon, i just think it will take some time he is still young and insecure.

PhoneWentWest
05-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Stood next to and talked to Josh Meyers, from Mad TV and Seth Meyers brother, during Gary Clark Jr wk2. We were both just so amazed by GCJr. The heat in the tent was worth it to see him play.
Also saw ASAP Rocky and his pose walking around Sunday afternoon of wk2. I figured something was off when I saw guys walking around with Budweiser 40oz on the fields. Then saw those french braids and gold teeth and realized it was ASAP.

abbeyroad 04
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I saw US Women's Soccer Player Abby Wambach this year on weekend 1. I bet no one else knew who she was or cared.

Panda421
05-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Son of a bitch! I thought I saw her but I was too high to confirm it in my mind. She woulda been psyched that someone recognized her too. :(

rasooli
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I saw US Women's Soccer Player Abby Wambach this year on weekend 1. I bet no one else knew who she was or cared.

I'm not so sure about that, anyone who knows anything about sports either watched the Woman's World Cup last year or knows her story considering Hope Solo and her(and to a lesser degree Alex Morgan) are the face of woman's soccer. Im willing to wager that at least 20%-30% of the coachella crowd would recognize her.

JustSteve
05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Only if she was in her jersey...and carrying a ball.

PlayaDelWes
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
carrying a ball.
...like forwards do.

rasooli
05-29-2012, 11:17 PM
...like forwards do.

Basketball forwards....yes. Soccer forwards.....no.

ItsArno
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Chilled with Brick Brauer Frick at chem bros set.

KennKenna
07-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Ran into NPH first day with my friends, asked us for directions to the canteen.

H_is_O
07-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Ran into NPH first day with my friends, asked us for directions to the canteen.

THATS FUCKING AWESOME

dcbell05
07-10-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm not so sure about that, anyone who knows anything about sports either watched the Woman's World Cup last year or knows her story considering Hope Solo and her(and to a lesser degree Alex Morgan) are the face of woman's soccer. Im willing to wager that at least 20%-30% of the coachella crowd would recognize her.

My friend who went weekend 1 got a photo with her and was super stoked. Of course, she works for Fox Soccer, so she had no problem identifying her. I would have probably recognized her, but I'm a soccer fan.

kvnty
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't know his name, but the brother from Heroes (that's what people around me referred to him as) asked my car camping neighbor for Molly (my neighbor wasn't a dealer but knew where to get it). When this guy was called out, he suddenly got nervous and excused himself. I'm pretty sure it was him, though I only watched parts of a couple episodes of Heroes before. He was quite handsome, douchey hat and all.

kvnty
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
This wasn't at Coachella, but I met Seth Green on Friday after getting kicked out of a club on Hollywood Boulevard. He's really short. I was wasted and kept grabbing his tits and telling him how much I love robot chicken (which is not exactly true). He was a good sport though.

I saw Seth Green in the parking lot of the Ralph's in Sherman Oaks (Studio City border on Ventura Blvd). And, yes, he is short (made me look tall at 5'8").

IamTheWalrusVPz
12-23-2012, 05:37 AM
We saw Paris Hilton but I was so trashed I can't confirm that it's a fact

IamTheWalrusVPz
12-23-2012, 05:42 AM
I stood next to Frodo during Radiohead.

Awesome!!!

alpha_q_up
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Cedric from The Mars Volta/At The Drive-In
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/IMG_0562_zpsa1568034.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/IMG_0563_zpsc9f984d7.jpg
ohh yeah and after my brother caught the Keyboard during Le Butcherettes, we got to go backstage, and met Omar there......
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/525910_10150588546584649_1530047688_n_zpsef6d4d82. jpg
yep last year was good

Grant
01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
since i'm bored and anxious for the lineup drop...

Josh_Garrett
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Met FlyLo during Snoop and Dre he's a really cool guy who just loves music. It was nice to see someone who still has a huge passion for music after making it big. Also met the singer from the Head and the Heart during Real Estate

taylorf
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
I was standing behind Adrian Grenier and his girlfriend in 2009 while watching Junior Boys. About 3 songs into the set, her nudges her, they turn around and leave. Dude walks straight through me as he leaves (it wasn't that crowded). He's either a huge duche or was really high/drunk. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (even though he seemed sober).

He's a douche. I've ran into him in Hollywood before and he was an ass.

JustSteve
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Was going through some old pics, with the coolest motherfucker on the planet:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/71506_4725744075324_796017890_n.jpg

mikebspeedracer
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
patrick from the black keys during radiohead

rihanna during dre and snoop

wiz smoked next to me during dre and snoop after his set with snoop

Danny Devito next to us during Duran Duran in 2011

Paris hilton next to us during SHM

tried to get katy perrys attention last year right before snoop and dre but no luck

Stood next to SHM during radiohead i think or bon iver i cant remember

but best of all i was standing right in front of david hasselhof durring dre and snoop and i blew smoke his direction the entire show so "technically" i got david hasselhof high at a Dre and Snoop show with Rihanna watching the whole thing

Steven
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
i met a dude who worked on that show extreme hommakeovers. hes name was robby

jahmonkey
01-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Sean Penn was there for his speech at the main stage. I was backstage with my son and we saw him there. We asked for an autograph he said not right now...which was fine. My son was running around and having fun. We look over and Sean starts to light up a cig. and security quickly smacks it out of his mouth and stomps on it.
Penn was shocked...before he could utter a word security say's 'Take a look!' There were a bunch of propane tanks less than 10 yards away. Penn went from a look of WTF to 'Awww shit. I should have seen that' He said, 'Sorry about that!' was a little embarrased then walked over to me and my son and said he'd be happy to sign an autograph.

The best story...to see Sean Penn get bitched slapped:dumbo

coachellafans07
02-09-2013, 05:25 AM

In 2011 i didnt get to meet DeVito....but I saw him while leaving the Nas & Damian Marley show!

Y0UNGBL00D
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Cedric from The Mars Volta/At The Drive-In
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/IMG_0562_zpsa1568034.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/IMG_0563_zpsc9f984d7.jpg
ohh yeah and after my brother caught the Keyboard during Le Butcherettes, we got to go backstage, and met Omar there......
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/alpha_q_up23/525910_10150588546584649_1530047688_n_zpsef6d4d82. jpg
yep last year was good

fucking megajealous. fuck fuck fuck.

that second one of cedric looks like an impersonator though. hmmm....

Jakeizbawm
02-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Katy Perry paid for my friends drink

ELIZA83TH
02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
haha I just have to say… in 2010, Vanessa Hudgens was dancing next to me in the Sahara Tent… I was inebriated, obviously… I turned to her and told her she looked just like Vanessa Hudgens, not realizing it actually was her until days after when her pictures were posted all over the place. hahaha, I crack up whenever I think about it.

zfireswitch
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
this is pretty ridiculous: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/03/lindsay_lohan_p.html#comments

Y0UNGBL00D
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
shit, id do the same.

PulpOne
03-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Ran into Thomas Pridgen. Tweeted "Ran into Thomas Pridgen at Coachella." Got a re-tweet. Holla.

amyzzz
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty starstruck with Lindsay Lohan. I hope I see her there this year.

Drewski27
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
^gross.

amyzzz
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't care what you say. I love redheads.

PulpOne
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't know why Lindsey gets so much hate, especially on here. I mean, she does what we do. Partys, does drugs, eludes the cops/jail time. I'd still hit it, all day. She probably has really good coke too.