PDA

View Full Version : Is it a scam when...?

iheartmusic3
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Is it a scam when people on craigslist say they will only sell you the tickets through an ebay transaction? I've gotten this response a lot and dont know if I should trust it. Would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!

ferbononi
03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, it is!!
Be careful! They usually say they need your Ebay ID, address and bla bla bla....right?
(and they are usually "out of town"...isn't it?)
Don't trust it...and always ask for proof of purchase! ;)

iheartmusic3
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah, they said they will only do it through ebay with an agent, she needs my ebay id, and will send tickets but wont process my payment till i tell her i recieved the tickets.

Ill def avoid that from now on. Thank you for the help! =)

faxman75
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Umm no quite the opposite. Ebay and the use of paypal would protect both you and the seller in the transaction. There is no harm in giving someone your user ID name. It's just like a name on this message board. It doesn't give them access to your account.

JustSteve
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
i'm telling you, people are dumber with the internet than they were back in the day without it. confusing as to why.

ferbononi
03-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Umm no quite the opposite. Ebay and the use of paypal would protect both you and the seller in the transaction. There is no harm in giving someone your user ID name. It's just like a name on this message board. It doesn't give them access to your account.

Well...I understand what you said...that makes sense...!
but usually what we get is an automatic response saying that for some reason the person is not in CA and this would be the only way.
I had some responses like this when I was trying to buy a car too! (Crazy!!)
I heard from some people that had problems with this...but if you want to be sure...always ask for the proof of purchase! If it's a scam, it will probably answer "I don't want to send it because it has my personal information" or will send another e-mail asking for your information.
But usually it happens when you find tickets too cheap!

=)

faxman75
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
i'm telling you, people are dumber with the internet than they were back in the day without it. confusing as to why.

Yep.

BeeII
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
i would be suspect of anyone making a transaction needlessly complicated.

my 2 cents.