PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners/organizations who wont rent to Coachella attendees

hannibul
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Whats everyones opinion of those folks? Ive contacted a few organizations about home rental via www.vrbo.com durning the fest. many have gotten back to me saying they do not rent to Festival attendees.based on what they have heard about us fest attendees. Here is an exchange I had with Palm Springs vacation Connection....

On Mar 28, 2011, at 8:30 AM, <palmsprings>wrote:Sorry no Coachella
Thank you for your inquiry we know you have choices

On Mar 28, 2011, at 8:39 AM, I wrote: Not avail or don't rent to fest attendees?

On Mar 28, 2011, at 10:52 AM, <palmsprings> wrote:Sorry we don't

Its kinda bullshizz, no? A few bad apples ruins it for the rest of us.

Tresbone
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
A good strategy would be to not tell them you are attending Coachella. We rented a house off vrbo with no problem or mention of Coachella.

hannibul
03-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Thats a really good idea except i fear that doing thats a gamble that could turn into a legal situation if the homeowner ever found out.

But maybe not. I bet the court would see it as discrimination and a victimless crime.

baily
03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
You'll be fine...don't mention it...but also don't go in on renting a place unless you know for sure the people will be respectful of the property.

2nd - make sure you are at an acceptable age range for the rental...if some kid showed up to the rental signing who was 21 I'd be real hesitant about going through with the deal...I'd probably walk and say ,"No thanks...you are too young." My thought would be that he/she is a lot more likely to damage my property and very likely to NOT be able to pay for the damages.

3rd - don't show up to the property or rental signing with all your buddies....drop everyone off at McDonalds or a bar...whatever....and show up with a collared shirt on and look nice.
Everyone out here KNOWS that the festival is taking place...and if I read for 1 second I thought you were lying to me I'd cancel the rental right then and there.

Tell them you are in town for a business meeting.

The key is to show up looking professional....as a homeowner I would be looking you over 'big time' to make sure you are not going to Coachella....not that it's a bad thing as a festival goer...but as a home owner I don't want my house trashed and the odds go up with the crazies.

If you are the one signing the contract remember YOU are liable for any and all damages your friends do....so pay attention...and clean the place up before you leave...for what it's worth...I'd have everyone clean up Saturday night so you can go to the festival...have a blast come home...chill...relax..have fun...then go to bed and wake up with only a little to clean up

sonofhal
03-28-2011, 02:02 PM
You might get a much cheaper place if they don't rent to festival goers. They can't really charge a premium for that weekend AND say no to festival attendees.