PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 RATM Complaints From Indie Poser Fans

sfguitarist
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
What are the Top 5 expected complaints from indie poser fans about Rage Against The Machine?

woogie846
03-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Ummm...they're not good?

daftmonkey64
03-10-2007, 08:28 AM
boohoohoo i dont want to be in a mosh pit booboobeeboo

summerkid
03-10-2007, 08:56 AM
after reading your last thread apperently i'm an indie poser? so uhhh...Rage didn't really grow as artists they just kind of stuck to the same formula and their songs sounded too similar to one another. All the truly great bands grow and change see Radiohead see the Beatles etc etc etc. Rage to their own admission did not do this.

wisconsinboozer
03-10-2007, 08:59 AM
waaah people are going to jump up and down singing word for word like a fuckin cult lol, waaaah theres going to be a lot of pushing.
if you cant take the heat get the fuck out the kitchen
im gonna be on the news from dying at this show!!!!

HEADSTRUCK
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
after reading your last thread apperently i'm an indie poser? so uhhh...Rage didn't really grow as artists they just kind of stuck to the same formula and their songs sounded too similar to one another. All the truly great bands grow and change see Radiohead see the Beatles etc etc etc. Rage to their own admission did not do this.

wow u must not really listen to them....the msg may be the same but they did progress though their albums

smokealotapotamus
03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
waaah people are going to jump up and down singing word for word like a fuckin cult lol, waaaah theres going to be a lot of pushing.

Hope so

summerkid
03-10-2007, 09:27 AM
wow u must not really listen to them....the msg may be the same but they did progress though their albums

I wish I could find that quote by Zack that says something like everyone knew what the next album would sound like before it even came out or something like that. He says it himself so take that for what its worth.

SubBass49
03-10-2007, 09:30 AM
1. The loser-ass RATM fans that wanna start riots and "kick-ass in the pit"
(don't worry emo kids...I hate those people too)
2. Their politics
(a lot of indie-emo kids are of the Republican mindset that artists should be like dancing monkeys...all entertainment and no thinking)
3. Ummm...they're not fans of their music?
(the distortion is too harsh...Zack does that "rap stuff"
4. The other acts during RATM's set will be sucky?
(I dont really know if this is true...just guessing)
5. The people that complain are just addicted to whining about stuff.
(this might be the winner)

-- J

Mo'rage
03-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I wish I could find that quote by Zack that says something like everyone knew what the next album would sound like before it even came out or something like that. He says it himself so take that for what its worth.

Zack did say that but I don't think it's true. Listen to the self titled then battle, there's progression. Then the last album they made was completely different. He wanted more creative control and to collab with many artists, which he did. He was bored, yes, but rage was progressing. I don't think it would work if they completely changed what they did either. The beatles produced a whole lot of shit (not all shit) and as far as i'm concerned never found a solid identity. Radiohead completely revamped. That was just weird. There's not many that can go through that sort of change and usually it doesn't work out for the better. In my opinion it was for the worse for radiohead.

woogie846
03-10-2007, 12:35 PM

I personally like Rage, but I totally agree with you. Just about all of their songs are out of the same pentatonic scale.

i_like_cake530
03-10-2007, 12:38 PM
What are the Top 5 expected complaints from indie poser fans about Rage Against The Machine?

dude u are a dumbshit... i love rage and i still think so... this thread along with your other dumbshit thread are both retarded, you know nothing about music

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2007, 01:17 PM
#1 complaint: I can't hear the music over the sound of sfguitarist pooping his pants and giving people BJ's.

Ill_Eagle
03-10-2007, 01:23 PM

YEAHHHHHHH!!! thats what i want to hear...im gonna die with you hahahha

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm beating myself up here trying to figure out if your screen name or myspace url is better. Should I start a poll?

sighlent
03-10-2007, 01:41 PM
will someone take out the garbage? the white trash is stinking up the place...
http://a673.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_d90f92c29571a72b1d70ae868fc2d898.jpg

blakely
03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

bmack86
03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Zack did say that but I don't think it's true. Listen to the self titled then battle, there's progression. Then the last album they made was completely different. He wanted more creative control and to collab with many artists, which he did. He was bored, yes, but rage was progressing. I don't think it would work if they completely changed what they did either. The beatles produced a whole lot of shit (not all shit) and as far as i'm concerned never found a solid identity. Radiohead completely revamped. That was just weird. There's not many that can go through that sort of change and usually it doesn't work out for the better. In my opinion it was for the worse for radiohead.

Yup....Wow. That's...yeah.
The Beatles made a lot of shit? Like what? All the stuff that bands now want to write? Get off the bus.

Rooster
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I love Rage, but these threads are fucking stupid and a waste of all of our time. They need to stop before I vomit on my computer.

matsuolost
03-10-2007, 01:55 PM
dude u are a dumbshit... i love rage and i still think so... this thread along with your other dumbshit thread are both retarded, you know nothing about music

there couldn't have been a better example of the rage fanboys
haha just wow

André
03-10-2007, 04:08 PM

this here, is the most stupid thing ever said on the internet

R3d Snapper
03-10-2007, 04:21 PM
oh god, stfu everyone

samiksha
03-10-2007, 04:28 PM

oh no you didn't.

GaragePoet
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Rage didn't really grow as artists they just kind of stuck to the same formula and their songs sounded too similar to one another.

As a 100% RATM fan, I will still agree w/ this statement 100%. The only member of the band to progress from each album was Zack de la Rocha, from whom we've heard nothing at all SINCE RATM, which greatly disappoints me as well as any other 100% RATM fan. I don't think many fans of RATM were interested at all in Audioslave, as I wasn't, but was hoping more to hear from Zack's solo stuff, esp. given that he was working w/ such producers as DJ Shadow ("March of Death" is great), Trent Reznor ("I Want It All" was a let-down), Dan the Automator, DJ Spooky, etc. The reunion will still be "off the hook," as they say, if they still say that.

SubBass49
03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
As a 100% RATM fan, I will still agree w/ this statement 100%. The only member of the band to progress from each album was Zack de la Rocha, from whom we've heard nothing at all SINCE RATM, which greatly disappoints me as well as any other 100% RATM fan. I don't think many fans of RATM were interested at all in Audioslave, as I wasn't, but was hoping more to hear from Zack's solo stuff, esp. given that he was working w/ such producers as DJ Shadow ("March of Death" is great), Trent Reznor ("I Want It All" was a let-down), Dan the Automator, DJ Spooky, etc. The reunion will still be "off the hook," as they say, if they still say that.

Amen brother...lol

summerkid
03-10-2007, 04:52 PM

lol andre :nono

goatparade
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow...what a pointless thread....This is identical to the "Top 5 Tool complaints from Indie Poser Fans" that went down last year......Can't we all just get along?

iamsoindie
03-11-2007, 09:23 AM

I nominate this for post of the century. There are a handful of beatles songs out of over 150 that could even come a little close to be called "shit". the beatles were and still are music. Best band ever by far. Sorry but Rage never came close. Every album was revolutionary. The same applies for Radiohead, always reinventing themselves and in turn reinventing music in the late 90s/00s. Rage has an interesting sound but it never progressed.

smokealotapotamus
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow...what a pointless thread....This is identical to the "Top 5 Tool complaints from Indie Poser Fans" that went down last year......Can't we all just get along?

What he said... (where's Mr. Nipples with the "Who Gives a Fuck?")

samiksha
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
smoke what is your avatar?

Rap/rock Is Life
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Anyone hatin Rage be just a pussy. Cant handle the RAGE, suckaz! FUCK YOU!

SubBass49
03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
ohhhh noooooo...:rolleyes

not another one of them

matsuolost
03-11-2007, 03:49 PM
rap rock is life
HAHHAHA

sadsappysucker
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
This is quite possibly the most retarded thread I have ever seen.

J~$$$
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM
RAGE!!!!!!!!! iM going to get so high and punch a stupid indie *** hipster bitch in the face.......RATM is god awesome.....420 mosh pits 4 lyfe.

luveebunni08
03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
wow, people really need to get over their shit. it's music. it speaks to ALL of us differently. how people act or react isn't determined by the fact that one person's an "indie rocker" and "emo kid" or "fill in the blank" dipshit.

if the people who keep starting these threads about why other people, and their views, are stupid because they don't agree with their own are also ignorant. if you're going to this specific festival to start shit because you think you're the end all be all of reason then please punch YOURSELF in the fucking face cause it's not worth making other people miserable to prove just how much of a jackass you really are.

sonofhal
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
It's all a little "In Bloom" with these hardcore Rage fans. Hope Zack doesn't read all their retarded comments, or he may decide to go back to his pipe and slippers.

luveebunni08
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
it's funny to me cause everyone here thinks it's gonna get REALLY insane and everyone will probably be standing around staring. i know high energy music will make you move, but at the end of the day i sincerely doubt it'll be all that insane.

faxman75
03-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Ragerrr grrrr

Rages music sets a fire inside my balls that makes me want to run in circles shirtless slamming my boddy into anyone that's around me! It's fantastic. If you don't like it then you don't like Ragerrr grrrr so Zach will probably throw thousands of Aidz needles at you until you bleed and your carcus is lying there in the middle of the pit getting trampled and stompoed on until your blood splashes all over the place and in a surreall moment of tribalism us Ragerrr grrr fans will eat your flesh and shit out on stage!!!

We will SHOCK THE WORLD!

André
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I nominate this for post of the century. There are a handful of beatles songs out of over 150 that could even come a little close to be called "shit". the beatles were and still are music. Best band ever by far. Sorry but Rage never came close. Every album was revolutionary. The same applies for Radiohead, always reinventing themselves and in turn reinventing music in the late 90s/00s. Rage has an interesting sound but it never progressed.

god fucking damn it!!!!.... Rage was never about the music, but about the message. (Thats why RAGE is the greatest). did you not get that?

luveebunni08
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
again. people need to get over their shit. don't be too dissapointed if zach doesn't throw aids needles at me for not body slamming everyone within a five feet. i really do hope all the rage fan have a good time. i am sincere in this being that i'm a rage fan. just think before you shit all over someone elses expereince.

André
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Anyone hatin Rage be just a pussy. Cant handle the RAGE, suckaz! FUCK YOU!

MEGA LOL

André
03-12-2007, 10:45 AM
RAGE!!!!!!!!! iM going to get so high and punch a stupid indie *** hipster bitch in the face.......RATM is god awesome.....420 mosh pits 4 lyfe.

MEGA LOL

André
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
wow, people really need to get over their shit. it's music. it speaks to ALL of us differently. how people act or react isn't determined by the fact that one person's an "indie rocker" and "emo kid" or "fill in the blank" dipshit.

if the people who keep starting these threads about why other people, and their views, are stupid because they don't agree with their own are also ignorant. if you're going to this specific festival to start shit because you think you're the end all be all of reason then please punch YOURSELF in the fucking face cause it's not worth making other people miserable to prove just how much of a jackass you really are.

This is in my opinion the best thread ever, on the coachella forum

André
03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Ragerrr grrrr

Rages music sets a fire inside my balls that makes me want to run in circles shirtless slamming my boddy into anyone that's around me! It's fantastic. If you don't like it then you don't like Ragerrr grrrr so Zach will probably throw thousands of Aidz needles at you until you bleed and your carcus is lying there in the middle of the pit getting trampled and stompoed on until your blood splashes all over the place and in a surreall moment of tribalism us Ragerrr grrr fans will eat your flesh and shit out on stage!!!

We will SHOCK THE WORLD!

SHIT.... now thats funny (serious)

nahuatldream
03-12-2007, 05:31 PM
again. people need to get over their shit. don't be too dissapointed if zach doesn't throw aids needles at me for not body slamming everyone within a five feet. i really do hope all the rage fan have a good time. i am sincere in this being that i'm a rage fan. just think before you shit all over someone elses expereince.

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Rocky_Break_You-T-link.jpg

:winkiss Yay, 100.

betao
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I think I've lost IQ reading this thread.

rebel86
03-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Oh, look how human civilization has advanced? So intelligent and divine these human beings are. This is the wisest thing, I've ever read in my life, an epiphany. I need to hear more of this life-changing profound wisdom....

rebel86
03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Rocky_Break_You-T-link.jpg

:winkiss Yay, 100.

AIDZ Needlez! Yes- who else has a shirt?

rebel86
03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I think I've lost IQ reading this thread.

I've felt like I lost brain cells reading this post.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Dave Wang says "Rap/rock is Dead". Or Life.

I_Am_Brendan
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
my brain hurts after reading this thread. i think i need to go lie down

laineinla
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
rap rock is life
HAHHAHA

well, just remember - rap/rock IS the same person who posted "Where might I meet Tina at Coachella?" and basically called anyone who DOESN'T tweak rich and snobby ...

Mo'rage
03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Yup....Wow. That's...yeah.
The Beatles made a lot of shit? Like what? All the stuff that bands now want to write? Get off the bus.

I'd rather be on a greyhound than a yellow submarine. Get off the herion.

They have some good songs but a lot of it is highly drug induced nonsense. There's ways to make psychedelic music beautifully, look at Floyd. They just missed.

I don't think I ever compared rage and the beatles. Rage's music never took a drastic change, but that's not the trademark of a great band. Led Zepplin never completely reinvented thenselves, they pretty much just rocked. Shit, you can tell an ac/dc song from the first note. You don't have to do something different to earn the label "great". I do think Rage matured and became better over time. When you have a unique sound and different ideas and rock the set every time, it's not necessary to revamp.

André
03-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh, look how human civilization has advanced? So intelligent and divine these human beings are. This is the wisest thing, I've ever read in my life, an epiphany. I need to hear more of this life-changing profound wisdom....

MEGA LOL

brassneck
03-13-2007, 07:56 AM

That dorks like you will be at the festival.

el_harderino
03-13-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd rather be on a greyhound than a yellow submarine. Get off the herion.

They have some good songs but a lot of it is highly drug induced nonsense. There's ways to make psychedelic music beautifully, look at Floyd. They just missed.

I don't think I ever compared rage and the beatles. Rage's music never took a drastic change, but that's not the trademark of a great band. Led Zepplin never completely reinvented thenselves, they pretty much just rocked. Shit, you can tell an ac/dc song from the first note. You don't have to do something different to earn the label "great". I do think Rage matured and became better over time. When you have a unique sound and different ideas and rock the set every time, it's not necessary to revamp.

Haha. Good to know at least someone on here doesn't dip into the meth every half hour.

jackstraw94086
03-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Didn't sfguitarist get banned from the old board last year for being a complete douche? This guy has serious issues.

Alchemy
03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
As an "indie poser", I'd have to say that my main complaint with Rage Against The Machine is that they're not Underworld.

Kiefer
03-13-2007, 11:24 AM
i just read all of this thread, and it makes my brain cry.
who's is going to start the next thread, entitled "POLL: how many toes does Zack de la Rocha have on his right foot? vote 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5."
i'm sure theres some sort of math formula about how many people and what time frame makes a message board come to this point. something like [(t-0.5)/m]pi + deltasigchi + 200*RATMan = lame. where t = time in years and m = registered members.

thedevious
03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I saw rage at coachella 99 they were ok (zach had a sore throat), so I'm good on that. I would rather see rage at rock the bells, I don't think the hessians will show up to that one considering the amount of real hip hop on the line up. I will probably be elsewhere when rage takes the stage. It would be interesting to see that many mullets and gnashing teeth all bouncing in unison!

Best to keep to yourself on sunday and hope you don't end up face to face with a wild eyed tweak and aids infested rage fan. Maybe they will fill up on shitty watered down beer and pass out in the hot sun after puking and fighting themselves out before rage ever even go on!

skavenbrew
03-13-2007, 01:18 PM
god fucking damn it!!!!.... Rage was never about the music, but about the message. (Thats why RAGE is the greatest). did you not get that?

then why dont' they just write poetry and read at coffee houses?

André
03-14-2007, 03:39 AM
then why dont' they just write poetry and read at coffee houses?

rap is a form for poetry...

Alchemy
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Rage Against The Machine reminds me of kids who wear Che Guevarra shirts and don't know who Karl Marx is... In fact, those kids might be their fans.

sighlent
03-14-2007, 09:08 AM
You can't wear the Che tshirt without owning the Che trucker cap and patches for whatever sort of army-esque looking satchel you carry around, it just doesn't work otherwise.

christhar
03-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Tom Morello (personally) is the most musically talented in the group. Sure Zack has a wild style hip hop prose, that made the band, and even made Audioslave pretty pointless (personally), but to say all the albums sound the same is ignorant. Obviously you have not listened to the band, or the entire album for that matter, to say something so false. Tom created guitar sounds, that as far as I am concerned, had not been heard before period. Rage, like good hip hop groups, plays live instruments to produce good beats for great mc in zack d.

Missing this band would be hazardous for your health.

Alchemy
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I am actually looking foward to seeing Rage Against The Machine. I have seen Audioslave before, and they were really amazing despite their music not being too great. But, it tells me that Rage will be really amazing live, and yeah, they should not be missed.

I just think this thread could have been better if it were never made.

mandelbaum
03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
1. The loser-ass RATM fans that wanna start riots and "kick-ass in the pit"
(don't worry emo kids...I hate those people too)
2. Their politics
(a lot of indie-emo kids are of the Republican mindset that artists should be like dancing monkeys...all entertainment and no thinking)
3. Ummm...they're not fans of their music?
(the distortion is too harsh...Zack does that "rap stuff"
4. The other acts during RATM's set will be sucky?
(I dont really know if this is true...just guessing)

-- J

I love #2. Sounds like you are a non-thinking liberal to me.

TomAz
03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
You left out the part about RATM having the collective intelligence of a half-empty bottle of bathroom disinfectant. Their music is dumb, their lyrics are dumb, and their fans are dumb. They couldn't rub two brain cells together to start a thought. Vacuous, inane, insipid tripe.

Alchemy
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
They couldn't rub two brain cells together to start a thought.

That will go under my TomAz: Greatest Hits that I have starting in my signature.

TomAz
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm glad I amuse you.

SubBass49
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I love #2. Sounds like you are a non-thinking liberal to me.

Hahaha...moron.

Do you disagree with the FACT that a lot of people have criticized RATM for "mixing politics and music"? That was what I basically stated. There are people ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD that say that they go to shows to hear music, not political argument.

So where does this "non-thinking liberal" thing come from?

Wanna explain that?

Or can you?

My guess is that you just pulled it out of your ass. But please enlighten me if you think you can.

-- J

evoluti0n
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
A mass of hands press on the market window
Ghosts of progress
Dressed in slow death
Feeding on hunger
And glaring through the promise
Upon the food that rots slowly in the aisle
A mass of nameless at the oasis
That hides the graves beneath the master's hill
Are buried for drinking
The rivers water while
Shackled to the the line at the empty well

At least they're not hardcore rap.

TomAz
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
those lyrics are pretty ham-fisted.

evoluti0n
03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Like I said, they could be ALOT worse.

TomAz
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
well, yeah, ok, I'll give you that.

AllPowerToThePeople
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Sigh the more rage forum posts i read the more i realize that most rage fans are morons, unfortunity. At the same time there is a great deal of tools that i guess represent the yearly coachella go'ers. Ofcoase not all rage fans or coachella fans(not sure if i should label you all as "indie posers":rolleyes: ) are morons of tools, just seems the tools and idiots have the loudest voice.

Rage may have stayed basicly the same over the coarse of their albums but i dont see anything wrong with that. Stick with what works and what your band is comfortable with i guess?

anyways why cant we all just get along :-(

bballarl
03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Gud speeling.

SubBass49
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
wurd

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM

-- J

true, true and.... true

Down Rodeo
03-14-2007, 07:29 PM
You left out the part about RATM having the collective intelligence of a half-empty bottle of bathroom disinfectant. Their music is dumb, their lyrics are dumb, and their fans are dumb.

TomAz, you've got to come up with a better critique than "their music is dumb." A child could give that argument. The members of Rage are probably some of the most intelligent and well-informed people to ever form a rock band. Their lyrics may not make much sense to you in the wealthy, conservative, white enclave of Fountain Hills, AZ, but to most of the people around the world, their lyrics deliver a powerful, relevant message to their daily lives.

faxman75
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm going to vomit on people as soon as they hit the stage. It's going to send a message to Bush that he is a douche and he is not going to be around anymore. It's aaboot tim somebuddy standded up to the gvernment and is goings to make them leve office! fuck bush fuck bush tere down the walls!!!!

Ragerrrrrr grrrrrrr takin'over the worsld one national at a timer!

AllPowerToThePeople
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Gud speeling.

sorry for my bad grammar and spelling as it seems to have offended you.

does being a jerk make you feel good inside? sure hope not

bballarl
03-14-2007, 07:33 PM
No dude it didn't offend me.

bballarl
03-14-2007, 07:35 PM
TomAz, you've got to come up with a better critique than "their music is dumb." A child could give that argument. The members of Rage are probably some of the most intelligent and well-informed people to ever form a rock band. Their lyrics may not make much sense to you in the wealthy, conservative, white enclave of Fountain Hills, AZ, but to most of the people around the world, their lyrics deliver a powerful, relevant message to their daily lives.

Tom is such a rich asshole. Come down from that hill Tom, TO THE PEOPLE DAMMIT! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT RATM IS TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO MICHAEL FUCKING BOLTON AT YOUR LAVISH COCKTAIL PARTIES YOU CUNT

André
03-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Rage Against The Machine reminds me of kids who wear Che Guevarra shirts and don't know who Karl Marx is... In fact, those kids might be their fans.

you dont sound to bright! every one knows who the fuck Karl max is, if they are not to ignorant like you!

André
03-15-2007, 02:17 AM
You left out the part about RATM having the collective intelligence of a half-empty bottle of bathroom disinfectant. Their music is dumb, their lyrics are dumb, and their fans are dumb. They couldn't rub two brain cells together to start a thought. Vacuous, inane, insipid tripe.

you are stupid right?.... ex. Tom was a honour student at harvard! you couldn't rub two brain cells together to start a thought.