PDA

View Full Version : pinks hot dogs...

elbrycen
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
fuck yeah! spicy pie may have some competition.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I hope the Kogi truck isn't too over priced, some short rib quesadillas sound bomb.

pinkladyam
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Kogi's Blackjack Quesadilla FTW!!!!!

:dumboPinks--->Kogi--->Spicy Pie:dumbo

pinkladyam
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Hopefully Pink's will create some signature dogs just for Coachella!!

Media Blitz
03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Pinks is overrated and the line will probably be just as long at Coachella. Kogi is legit though.

kcreag
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I once waited in line 2hrs for a Pink's hot dog. It was more for the experience, since the people in line had pretty good life stories. But I could have grilled one myself and it'd be the same thing. Austin City Limits had some INSANE food... mighty cones were the best.

fetuspiniata
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
BOMB... where are rou guys seeing this though?

pinkladyam
03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
BOMB... where are rou guys seeing this though?

The Pink's mention is in the camping FAQ. The Kogi mention was in the "30 days" Coachella Email.

sonabun
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I once waited in line 2hrs for a Pink's hot dog. It was more for the experience, since the people in line had pretty good life stories. But I could have grilled one myself and it'd be the same thing. Austin City Limits had some INSANE food... mighty cones were the best.

I had some of those mighty cones at ACL in 09. That was the day we missed the food in the Heineken VIP area. They had some pretty bomb BBQ in there!

choice cat
03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Kogi is only for beer gardens/ VIP I think though.. just to keep in mind. This will probably be my first time having Pinks if I do indeed get it at the festival.. I hope they plan accordingly with their staff and set up to accomodate all the people.

Now if they are really cool they will stay up with the campground party and sell hot dogs at 3 am. That would be amazing.

Stickupkid
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Pink's is good but a bad choice at a Music Festival. You don't want to eat something that's going to make you crap your pants when all you have is port-o-johns around.

juloxx
03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Pink's is good but a bad choice at a Music Festival. You don't want to eat something that's going to make you crap your pants when all you have is port-o-johns around.

Yet we will all eat the shit out of a Spicey Pie. Dont think that this is much different

choice cat
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
seriously.

Media Blitz
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Yet we will all eat the shit out of a Spicey Pie. Dont think that this is much different

You can napkin the grease off a spicy pie. A pinks dog is just asking to shit your pants.

GrossMagic
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
The Patt Morrison Baja Veggie Dog (VEGAN)
topped w/fresh guacamole, chopped tomatoes and chopped onions $3.45
:dumbo

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Pink's Hot Dogs are really bad. They have interesting toppings selections, but the quality of the dogs themselves are really sub-par.

karecares
03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
the only time I've had Pinks was 2 months ago, Mike came to yoga so we had to go to Pinks as a trade off and I had the Patt Morrison and it was yummy! I can now say I had Pinks and i'm good for the next few years

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
They should make it like the real Pink's in Hollywood so we can see everyone BEYOND drunk/trashed/gone and in line for Pink's. Give campers the real experience. Maybe import some bums from Hollywood too.

fatbastard
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
I think the dogs are good, not organic or award winning, but good for what they do. The bacon burrito dog with fries and an orange crush does it for me everytime.

choice cat
03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Before I stopped drinking soda I loved Orange Crush with a passion... especially in the nice glass bottle. That sounds so fucking good in that combo. fuck. having some soda withdrawals right now

SDsoldier7
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
you should give in to your desires

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Before I stopped drinking soda I loved Orange Crush with a passion... especially in the nice glass bottle. That sounds so fucking good in that combo. fuck. having some soda withdrawals right now

i went to a craft soda store and bought several different brands of orange soda this weekend. OMG SO GOOD

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2532/3898973228_4ffaa9b4d1.jpg

cutterbutter
03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Kogi is only for beer gardens/ VIP I think though.. just to keep in mind. This will probably be my first time having Pinks if I do indeed get it at the festival.. I hope they plan accordingly with their staff and set up to accomodate all the people.

Now if they are really cool they will stay up with the campground party and sell hot dogs at 3 am. That would be amazing.

Pink's its open until 3am in LA normally, and opens up again at 3:30am. On the weekends at least. its ridiculous.

Boourns
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM

This. Whenever I go to Pink's, I get Orange Crush to wash it all down. And the chili is what makes the burgers, dogs, and fries good, honestly.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Pink's does have a mushroom swiss melt dog that is pretty much heavenly, i'll admit...and they have really good fries. i'm just kind of a hot dog snob. Also, it's just not worth the lines. And fuck, Orange Crush is good.

M Sparks
03-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I went to Pinks once. The dogs had a bit too much "snap" in the bite. Some people will tell you that's a sign of a quality sausage casing, but I'm looking for a dog, not a brat. To me, it just felt like an overcooked dog that had been on the warmer at Circle K all day. The chili was fantastic, but I couldn't get past the texture.

Boourns
03-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I agree about the snap. I prefer burgers, anyway.

TheClares
03-29-2011, 01:58 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/lastcall/files/2009/11/sabrett_500-300x216.gif

This is what I'll be bringing to my campsite, and boiling up in beer. All beef, hickory smoked, and I'll be making and freezing my own chili to bring as a topping or on its own. There's a reason why blue and yellow umbrellas are so ubiquitous in NYC, these dogs rock.

Kyliediscope
03-29-2011, 02:14 AM
I love Sabrett's! Sauerkraut on it is my ultimate favorite. Then, chili and cheese. Fantastic choice.

JustSteve
03-29-2011, 07:33 AM

nah, i like biting into a hot dog and wondering if there is actual dog in it.

juloxx
03-29-2011, 08:05 AM

http://noclipmode.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Orange-Soda-kel.jpg

donthasselthehof
03-29-2011, 08:14 AM
http://noclipmode.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Orange-Soda-kel.jpg

fucking kel loves orange soda

Cheddar's Cousin
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM

When is the proper time to shit your pants?

elbrycen
03-29-2011, 09:43 AM

when you're still drunk from the bachelor party at your best friends wedding when you're the best man. after all, the tux is rented.

juloxx
03-29-2011, 09:45 AM

when you're still drunk from the bachelor party at your best friends wedding when you're the best man. after all, the tux is rented.

rOBUjrAs45w

pinkladyam
03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Pink's is excellent and an LA tradition. I don't get the idea of being a "hot dog snob". It's just simple goodness...doesn't require so much fucking analysis.

insbordnat
03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Pink's may be an LA tradition, but it's far from "excellent". Reminds me of going to Tito's Tacos - long lines but still crap tacos.

I don't think you need to be a hot dot "snob" to recognize a good hot dog. It doesn't need to be pricey or upscale either. Perfect example - El Guero Canelo in Tucson, AZ. That's sex in a bun. Add a caramelo, fresh salsas, and a Mexican Coke - makes Pinks look like Wienerschnitzel.

http://mouthbysouthwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sonoran.jpg

EDIT: With that being said, I'm still going to eat my fair share of Pinks in the campgrounds...

still_lurking
03-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Will Pink's Hot Dogs be holding the gnats as a topping at Coachella?

Next time you're at Pink's...look up at the lights...you'll see gnats dropping in your food.

Stickupkid
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM

I'm actually Anti-Spicy Pie, fuck that. I really due refuse to eat that shit every year

Cheddar's Cousin
03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Will Pink's Hot Dogs be holding the gnats as a topping at Coachella?

Next time you're at Pink's...look up at the lights...you'll see gnats dropping in your food.

so?

pinkladyam
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Pink's may be an LA tradition, but it's far from "excellent". Reminds me of going to Tito's Tacos - long lines but still crap tacos.

I don't think you need to be a hot dot "snob" to recognize a good hot dog. It doesn't need to be pricey or upscale either. Perfect example - El Guero Canelo in Tucson, AZ. That's sex in a bun. Add a caramelo, fresh salsas, and a Mexican Coke - makes Pinks look like Wienerschnitzel.

EDIT: With that being said, I'm still going to eat my fair share of Pinks in the campgrounds...

Well obviously food is a matter of personal taste, and I'm not saying that there's none better than Pinks. I'm pretty sure there are major competitors. But I love it...and I stand by what I said. For the record Wienerschnitzel is garbage and should never, ever be compared to Pinks! But what do I know, I'm not a hot dog connoisseur, burgers are my arena.

With that being said...I'd love to join you in the Pinks line! :)

BROKENDOLL
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM

God, that just looks like a heart attack in the making. Ewwww...

insbordnat
03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
It's actually quite the opposite BD. Ok, it's a hotdog which is wrapped in bacon and cooked on a flattop grill. But you add pintos, tomato, onion, mustard, mayo, all served in a soft mexican roll (bolillo), and it's not any worse than a bacon cheeseburger. Probably more nutritious considering the beans.

The different textures and flavors keep me going back. Not too often because I don't get down to Tucson that much, but a 2x per year treat.

Sonoran Hot Dogs FTW.

pinkladyam
03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
It's actually quite the opposite BD. Ok, it's a hotdog which is wrapped in bacon and cooked on a flattop grill. But you add pintos, tomato, onion, mustard, mayo, all served in a soft mexican roll (bolillo), and it's not any worse than a bacon cheeseburger. Probably more nutritious considering the beans.

The different textures and flavors keep me going back. Not too often because I don't get down to Tucson that much, but a 2x per year treat.

Sonoran Hot Dogs FTW.

The ingredients remind me of a souped up version of the Mexican "Dirty Dogs" in downtown Los Angeles...cooked the same way, same ingredients, except no beans. So I guess I can say been there and done that!

elbrycen
03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
The ingredients remind me of a souped up version of the Mexican "Dirty Dogs" in downtown Los Angeles...cooked the same way, same ingredients, except no beans. So I guess I can say been there and done that!

i call them danger dogs.

pinkladyam
03-29-2011, 10:24 PM
i call them danger dogs.

^^LMAO! As long as were on the same page!! They definitely do the trick after the bar...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
i call them danger dogs.

hahah ditto! My friends and I call them danger dogs. At work (van nuys, ca) we call them pisa dogs

shaggyduck
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Pink's is the most retarded LA "tradition" I have come across in the nearly 5 years I have lived here. I hope it's a more of a moronic tourist trap than a bonified LA food establishment.

Their hot dogs suck

insbordnat
03-29-2011, 10:54 PM
These are nothing like those crappy shopping cart dogs they used to serve outside the Raiders games and bars, and the only thing in common is the hot dog and bacon. Those are served on a conventional hot dog bun, usually with grilled onions.

waterproof mp3
03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Chicago hot dogs and Ozzie special are pretty tasty.

MantisMel
03-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Pink's is the most retarded LA "tradition" I have come across in the nearly 5 years I have lived here. I hope it's a more of a moronic tourist trap than a bonified LA food establishment.

Their hot dogs suck
THIS!

elbrycen
03-30-2011, 12:23 AM
its the burritos...

Neighborhood Creep
03-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Fuck a hotdog, eat a Bratwurst

The city I live in has an amazing selection of brats. After eating a lot of variety, hot dogs just seem so damn bland and boring.

http://www.superior-meats.com/Products/ourproducts_r5_c1.jpg

Aurgasm
03-30-2011, 06:39 AM

Sonoran Hot Dogs FTW.

You know what's good. Add a slice of Avocado and you're in heaven. Pinks doesn't come close in terms of flavor. Pinks is a joke. Sorry. It's just a tourist trap imo.

Grandma
03-30-2011, 06:48 AM

too bad its gonna be double that once it hits the polo fields. fuck pinks...

id give my left testicle to have a grays papaya opened in the bay area

fatbastard
03-30-2011, 07:41 AM
They are opening a gray's papaya off Wilcox in hollywood in early May.

Aurgasm
03-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Gray's fruit drinks would be awesome at coachella...

fatbastard
03-30-2011, 07:47 AM
One more thing...
I love this place because they serve their dogs on hawaiian bread.

http://www.doghausdogs.com/home.aspx

Oh and I had an orange crush last night at Zankou.

heyeric
03-30-2011, 08:01 AM
waited in line at pinks for 45 minutes 3 days ago. OUCH.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-30-2011, 08:48 AM
One more thing...
I love this place because they serve their dogs on hawaiian bread.

http://www.doghausdogs.com/home.aspx

Oh and I had an orange crush last night at Zankou.

damn I had a chance to eat there for free because of Yelp, *sigh* food regret.

elbrycen
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
omg i work like a block away from the dog haus. the fatty melt is my favorite.

pinkladyam
03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
These are nothing like those crappy shopping cart dogs they used to serve outside the Raiders games and bars, and the only thing in common is the hot dog and bacon. Those are served on a conventional hot dog bun, usually with grilled onions.

No, they have all the same ingredients with the exception of the beans and the bread.

insbordnat
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Interesting, must have changed up in the last 4 years (when I left LA) to go from Tijuana style hot dogs (with grilled onions and peppers) to Sonoran style.

I recall this:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/undergroundfood/Slaw%20Dogs/10621_591843758309_10805417_3497053.jpg

pinkladyam
03-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Interesting, must have changed up in the last 4 years (when I left LA) to go from Tijuana style hot dogs (with grilled onions and peppers) to Sonoran style.

I recall this:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/undergroundfood/Slaw%20Dogs/10621_591843758309_10805417_3497053.jpg

yea...that was it. They have kind of changed. The last time I was dwntwn, there was definitely mayo, pico de gallo, tomatoes, and avocado. In addition to the onions, peppers, etc.

However, I'm intrigued by this place in Arizona you speak of. It's definitely not beyond me to travel to a place just for the foodie prospects. I may need to take a trip...

Relic
03-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Is pink hot dog a code name for penis?

Boourns
03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/163436_184329354912409_100000060369061_660595_8218 245_n.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/simpsonshotdog.jpg

Mugwog
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Alright pinks 101: Its overrated.

BUT IF YOU MUST HAVE IT WHILST IN LA/MELROSE:

Call in your order and don't wait in line. It's really not worth it to wait 30-40 minutes.

There's some amazing vegan thai across the street and about 2 blocks west down melrose. It's called Bulan. Meat eaters prepare to have your friends lie to you as you enjoy the "orange chicken".

The hot wings are beyond amazing also. Unfortunately they are only open till about 10pm.

fatbastard
04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Where the fuck was this truck?

boyalien0
04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
WHERE IS PINKS???

TheScenestar
04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Where the fuck was this truck?

It was in camping by Lot 8. You could see it every day if you walked up and down the general entrance to Coachella. On the dirt road leading to Lot 10.

ivankay
04-18-2011, 02:05 PM
i indulged in a chili dog around 2AM on Saturday due to missing dinner. KROQ Ken was there was well and we dined together.