PDA

View Full Version : Are You Packing Yet?

wstsidela
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Just went to storage today and pulled out the camping gear. Other than purchasing fresh food, which I'll get on Coachella Thursday, I'm almost ready to roll.

19 days away and I already got a big pile of stuff in the corner? Anyone else?

baily
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Pulled my bike out...going to get new tires for the ride from home...so yea I'm already pre planning

wstsidela
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Ha! i just checked my bikes and the tires are flat. I'll drop them off at the bike shop tomorrow for their annual tune up.

gaypalmsprings
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.sydesjokes.com/pictures/f/fudge_packing.jpg

baily
03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Always the homo u are.... :)

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I went to my storage unit and pulled out some stuff, my room currently has my solar panel kit, battery, a grill, a mist tank, tarp, I also started buying and freezing food, haha.

brematale111
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
not yet, but I have my checklist made and I've bought most of my camping gear

Robin
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Already have all my camping gear out and ready. Started buying the little things, like sunblock, hand sanitizer, soap/shampoo. I have a list on Amazon and will purchase all at once.

Just put my car in the shop yesterday for maintenance and new drive belt.

I'm soooo broke, but soooo ready.

pinkladyam
03-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Finished getting all of my clothes, camping gear, and toiletries this past week. Everything is still in the Target/Wal-Mart/Random Store bags so that I can pull things out one by one and check off my packing list. 19 days is not really a lot of time, and I'm so excited that I can't just wait til like the week before to get shit. I haven't actually packed anything into my Burton wheelie yet. Tomorrow, I'm going to take my tent and canopy into the yard and do a test run to make sure nothing is broken/torn/missing. The only thing I really need to do now is get water and booze, but there's obviously enough time left for that.

pinkladyam
03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm soooo broke, but soooo ready.

^^also this.

M Sparks
03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I've got a pile going in the garage, but as soon as my taxes are done, I'll start packing for real.

wstsidela
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I stopped by Smart & Final this afternoon and bought all my paper products. My wife had a bunch of plastic containers so everything is all packed nice & neat. It totally looks OCD.

pinkladyam
03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
OCD=Not forgetting something critical

slverstone
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
i already bought most of any new clothes needed and have a box started of random stuff we are going to need (bandaids, sunscreen, dry foods etc.) buying a pair of shoes tomorrow so i have time to break them in. also planning on testing the pop up/tent/air mattress tomorrow to make sure they are all in good shape.

also need to do a dry run of packing my car because we didn't take it last year.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a bunch of my camping stuff in the trunk of my car because I don't have anywhere else to put it, and some of my other personal stuff set aside. I pretty much just have to get food and pack my clothes the week of and I will be ready to roll!

Virrago
03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I need payday to happen, and soon! But I'm buying a mister system and some cheap solar blankets to hang on tents to stave off the cruel sun. I figure Tuesday before Coachella will be a good time to start prepping food and deciding how to hide liquor... I mean... water. Yes, water.

scenicworld
03-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I have most of my stuff (other than clothes and personal items) in a pile in the garage, but I still need to officially pack and I have a few things I need to pick up from the store but I'll do that closer to coachella.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I have been buying tents on Craigslist for the members of our group that are flying in as well as anything else we can provide. I ordered a bunch of stuff online and most of that has come so currently in my living room we have 5 small tents, 3 medium sized tents, 2 large tents, 4 easy up canopies, a 48'diameter parachute "canopy," 3 burner propane cook top, bags of glow sticks, 8 air mattresses, 4 sleeping bags, 2 rugs, 14 battery operated lanterns, 14 strings of solar lights, camp kitchen, charging system, speakers, 2 55 gallon plastic barrels and I don't even know what else!

koryp
03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
This thread made me feel better. I pulled out the coachella duffle we keep packed and unpacked it, set up and checked our gear, then repacked it. It's sitting in the living room and still has last years checked luggage tags on it. We spent today looking through clothes to decide what we need to buy.

Neighborhood Creep
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
I have been buying tents on Craigslist for the members of our group that are flying in as well as anything else we can provide. I ordered a bunch of stuff online and most of that has come so currently in my living room we have 5 small tents, 3 medium sized tents, 2 large tents, 4 easy up canopies, a 48'diameter parachute "canopy," 3 burner propane cook top, bags of glow sticks, 8 air mattresses, 4 sleeping bags, 2 rugs, 14 battery operated lanterns, 14 strings of solar lights, camp kitchen, charging system, speakers, 2 55 gallon plastic barrels and I don't even know what else!

You sure you won't need a semi, susy?

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-28-2011, 05:54 AM
You sure you won't need a semi, susy?

Gosh I hope not...fuel for that would be insane:-) We are putting side rails on the p/u and I hope that give us enough space, otherwise we will rent a uhaul trailer to get us to Indio where I have reserved a uhaul P/U to take into the fest:-)

blacklite
03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
i have just about everything good to go... its too cold in san francisco to wear any of the stuff i bought so its already thrown in my duffle bag
and even though im 21 my mom still sent me a coachella care package with all of my toiletry needs and other things i would probably forget if it was left up to just me :D

wstsidela
03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
This thread made me feel better. I pulled out the coachella duffle we keep packed and unpacked it, set up and checked our gear, then repacked it. It's sitting in the living room and still has last years checked luggage tags on it. We spent today looking through clothes to decide what we need to buy.

I currently have two piles; one is all nicely packed & boxed, the other one has tents and camping stuff that still needs to be checked & sussed out. Eventually there will be one pile and all will be well with the world.

baily
03-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Finished getting all of my clothes, camping gear, and toiletries this past week. Everything is still in the Target/Wal-Mart/Random Store bags so that I can pull things out one by one and check off my packing list. 19 days is not really a lot of time, and I'm so excited that I can't just wait til like the week before to get shit. I haven't actually packed anything into my Burton wheelie yet. Tomorrow, I'm going to take my tent and canopy into the yard and do a test run to make sure nothing is broken/torn/missing. The only thing I really need to do now is get water and booze, but there's obviously enough time left for that.

VERY smart to be putting your ez-up and tent up before the festival. You'll see people there who did not pre set up and will have missing poles, broken poles and other issues that you'll have already taken care of.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I already did a test set up to make sure of space, im gonna pop open my canopy one more time to set up my mist rig/shower set up and then i'll be locked and loaded.

Robin
03-28-2011, 08:41 AM
i have just about everything good to go... its too cold in san francisco to wear any of the stuff i bought so its already thrown in my duffle bag
and even though im 21 my mom still sent me a coachella care package with all of my toiletry needs and other things i would probably forget if it was left up to just me :D

I wish my mom would do that (and I'm 27)!

I need to start writing down a check list of everything that is essential so I don't forget anything. If it wasn't for this thread, I probably would have forgotten one of the most important things... toilet paper.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I wish my mom would do that (and I'm 27)!

I need to start writing down a check list of everything that is essential so I don't forget anything. If it wasn't for this thread, I probably would have forgotten one of the most important things... toilet paper.

I also highly suggest getting toilet seat covers.

Robin
03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I also highly suggest getting toilet seat covers.

hahah! I already have this in my Amazon cart. GO DIEGO!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037TB4VU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A2SVLWJYV4TZYO

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 09:03 AM
hahah! I already have this in my Amazon cart. GO DIEGO!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037TB4VU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A2SVLWJYV4TZYO

Im getting some from some fast food places and such.

Robin
03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Im getting some from some fast food places and such.

I was originally going to steal a box of the ass gaskets from work, but figured the ones from Amazon are more sanitary.... and comfortable. I like to be in comfort when doing a number 2.

fatbastard
03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I pack 30 minutes prior to departure.

BROKENDOLL
03-28-2011, 10:39 AM
I know that by this time in the last 2 years, not only were we packed, but I was able to unpack and repack at least 2-3 times before actually leaving. (Yes, can you say, OCD?) And, due to the fact that somewhere between our place and the mile or two to the campground line, I still managed to lose the rainfly top to our tent! (Oh, look, she's got ADD too!) Keeping that in mind, I wasn't sure what our approach would be for this year... use the topless tent or look for something different? Fortunately, I found something different...a Wigwam. But, it was backordered and I wasn't sure if we'd get it on time, so what I did in the meantime was make our list...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/COACHELLA%20AND%20MUSIC%20SHIT/88e52bdf.jpg
Okay, so it's not a complete list, but...
Yes, we have a Wigwam! And we actually went to the polo field the night it arrived to set it up! Because, for the price, I was afraid it was made of cardboard or some shit. Turns out that I got a great camping deal! ($89.99@ Bargain Outfitter's) Now that that's out of the way, I can probably start page 2....if I can get away from looking for el-wire and more solar lights online, that is! (I keep having to tell myself that we have lights, and this is not the Sahara Tent we're camping in, but OMG, the possibilities are endless! And can get expensive!)

In any case, if you're wandering the campgrounds and happen to see a mature naked lady sitting in a pile of glowsticks, that would be me. And, if so, please send me down the street to get the rest of our camping stuff from home, okay?

ThatGirl
03-28-2011, 10:49 AM
I haven't physically packed but have been doing the inventory and making a list in my head. Going shopping this weekend for sunscreen, a proper sun hat, sandals, and a few good tank tops that are good in heat/wick sweat. Have the little bath and body works hand sanitizers purse sized kicking around and a little first aid kit. Plus I have a utility knife that has nail clippers, scissors, bottle opener, a sewing needle, a spare button and a flashlight in it. Bandaid makes this slick stuff on a stick to put on where your feet rub your shoes to keep from getting blisters too. Still constructing the list...

wstsidela
03-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Lol! I love lists. I'll post mine later.

pinkladyam
03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
VERY smart to be putting your ez-up and tent up before the festival. You'll see people there who did not pre set up and will have missing poles, broken poles and other issues that you'll have already taken care of.

Exactly! Just waiting for the boyfriend to return home from work so we can do this thing!! Plus, I live in LA, so if something goes wrong I can just run to a Wal-Mart or whatever to replace things...rather than having to wait to Indio.

gaypalmsprings
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I pack 30 minutes prior to departure.

Do you need any help with that?

fatbastard
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Nope. I'm good GPS.

dilfpot
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
This year I'm going to write a checklist for me and my friend. In 2008, she left her suitcase at home. Lucky for me, I had a bunch of extra clothes. She's pretty forgetful, but the looks on her face when she realized she forgot it was priceless. ;)

baily
03-28-2011, 12:54 PM
This year I'm going to write a checklist for me and my friend. In 2008, she left her suitcase at home. Lucky for me, I had a bunch of extra clothes. She's pretty forgetful, but the looks on her face when she realized she forgot it was priceless. ;)

funny!!! I've seen people when we've gotten to sporting events that left their tickets at home.....the expression is universal.

WTF and Seriously at the same time

Robin
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
funny!!! I've seen people when we've gotten to sporting events that left their tickets at home.....the expression is universal.

WTF and Seriously at the same time

Sounds like something I would do. I need to move my passes to a bin that I'm taking with me to assure that I'm not going to forget them.

It also seems that I have gained some weight since last year *cough*... Guess I need to go shopping. Maybe some mumus.

pinkladyam
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
The bf and I just did a dry-run of the tent and canopy this afternoon. Tent was fine (no rips and tears from last yr), but the canopy was mucho tricky! Figured it out after about 15 minutes....definitely not a one person job, good thing someone with actual muscle mass was present! Now time to start officially packing...

pinkladyam
03-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Sounds like something I would do. I need to move my passes to a bin that I'm taking with me to assure that I'm not going to forget them.

It also seems that I have gained some weight since last year *cough*... Guess I need to go shopping. Maybe some mumus.

:puke MUMUS MUST DIE!!!!

So what if you've gained some weight?! So have I and still managed to find some decent items....the only thing that sucks it that size issues can sort of eliminate the prospect of "one-stop shopping" since alot of places tend to run small. I'm definitely a curvy girl and I had to start looking semi-early.

Good Luck! :thu

s0nn3
03-30-2011, 07:10 PM
I started packing about 2 months ago. Nothing to serious, I put my canopy, tent and my Camping storage container in my truck. I also lifted a few things from work such as rope, ratcheting tie downs and the hose and ball valves for the shower systems I rigged up. Have yet to purchase all the sundries Ill require, Ill start washing clothes and packing next week. I did pull out my canopy and tent to check out and clean up. Canopy required a couple denim patches ha.

JustSteve
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
one item many people don't think about: saline for your nose.

best way to help avoid the dreaded coachella flu, especially if camping.

i always start emergen-c a week or so before the fest and continue it for a few days after. this festival can be murder on your immune system...dry desert climate, dust, dehydration, diet, lack of sleep, drugs, etc.

pinkladyam
03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
i always start emergen-c a week or so before the fest and continue it for a few days after. this festival can be murder on your immune system...dry desert climate, dust, dehydration, diet, lack of sleep, drugs, etc.

solid idea.

vdubshani
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Luckily I live in a desert and I am adapted to the dry climate with winds stirring up dust all the time!!