PDA

View Full Version : VIP Showers!

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
NEW for 2011! The addition of VIP SHOWERS
For $5 you can shower like the stars. Located in 3 separate area's of camping next to the regular free showers: A comfort shower trailer with air conditioning, vanity tent with power (bring your hair dryers ladies), dressing area & shorter lines.

Hope this is as good as it sounds! Thanks GV for listening:-)

Antoine3323
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Somebody mentioned in another thread that they heard there will be separate showers in all campsites, too. Not sure how true that is, but the VIP shower thing sounds amazing. Ill definitely consider that if the lines get too long

BeaverCat
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
http://oi54.tinypic.com/27yxrnq.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Ill be happy to pay 5 bucks for that. Bonnaroo's suck and they charged 7

Antoine3323
03-26-2011, 11:19 AM

Nice!! Must have missed that when skimming through the page

Wheres the beef?
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
A comfort shower trailer with air conditioning, vanity tent with power (bring your hair dryers ladies), dressing area & shorter lines.

LOL How on Earth would they know how long the lines will be?

Coach Bombay
03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
LOL How on Earth would they know how long the lines will be?

Probably under the assumption that more people will opt for the *free* shower.

Beanbean
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Haha for 5$ I think everyones gonna do that and the lines will be longer cause god knows how long women are gonna take

Boourns
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
5 hours instead of 6!

eskamo951
03-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Haha for 5$ I think everyones gonna do that and the lines will be longer cause god knows how long women are gonna take

I'm thinking the girls VIP line and the guys "free" lines will be huge, but the womens "free" and mens VIP will be short. Guys could care less about having a hair dryer, etc. so why pay $5 for it? I'm just gunna go for whichever line is shorter

Coach Bombay
03-26-2011, 12:20 PM
5 hours instead of 6!

lol.

Am I the only one that thinks it is absolutely insane to wait longer than, I don't know, an hour or so to take a damn shower? When you're about to walk around for a few hours in 90 degree plus weather anyways...?*

*coming from someone who has never camped coachella

thedude15
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking the girls VIP line and the guys "free" lines will be huge, but the womens "free" and mens VIP will be short. Guys could care less about having a hair dryer, etc. so why pay $5 for it? I'm just gunna go for whichever line is shorter

I do not really care about the actual shower but I would definitely pay $5 for a shorter line.

FelonyFruitFlinger
03-26-2011, 12:39 PM
I do not really care about the actual shower but I would definitely pay $5 for a shorter line.

I wonder how much shorter? This could be a cool Freakonomics experiment...how much time are people willing to buy for $5? A 1.5 hour line instead of a 2-hour line? Or, ten minutes instead of three hours?

thefrush
03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
$5 is nothing if it saves me an hour or more every morning.

thedude15
03-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I wonder how much shorter? This could be a cool Freakonomics experiment...how much time are people willing to buy for $5? A 1.5 hour line instead of a 2-hour line? Or, ten minutes instead of three hours?

my personal line would probably be 30 min (or more) difference regardless of total time

baily
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
It'll be $20 next year... $5 is way cheap to avoid lines

natureboy
03-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I like. I'm so VIP.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah my GF is all stoked about the VIP cause they have a wall charger for a blow dryer haha.

And crazy that it says showers in every camp area. This year keeps getting more and more exciting.

panda_eater
03-26-2011, 03:51 PM
The girl in me is fighting the broke college student in me.
Decisions decisions

Theijuiel
03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Fuck this Mickey Mouse shit.

Mugwog
03-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Fuck this Mickey Mouse shit.

THIS

IggyMeows
03-28-2011, 04:49 AM

It'd be really funny if they just divided the amount of trailers they had last year into each camp grounds.

M Sparks
03-28-2011, 08:36 AM
It'd be really funny if they just divided the amount of trailers they had last year into each camp grounds.

No, actually that still helps. In the past, when showers were scattered around the grounds, if you saw a line longer than 30 min or whatever, you'd say "Eh, I'll just go later". By placing all the showers so far away, the attitude became "Well, I already walked over here, I might as well stay."

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
No, actually that still helps. In the past, when showers were scattered around the grounds, if you saw a line longer than 30 min or whatever, you'd say "Eh, I'll just go later". By placing all the showers so far away, the attitude became "Well, I already walked over here, I might as well stay."

Also if you left the festival like a tad early to shower, I would check the closest showers really quick see the lines, if they were bad, I'd try to make a mad dash to the farthest showers and see what it's like. You might beat a crowd that way.

djbionik
03-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Aww yes! My whole dilemma this year was about how to hoist my solar shower and how to get 4 girls in my group clean because showers last year was the worst! Thank you Goldenvoice for listening! I hope this makes it easier for everyone.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Aww yes! My whole dilemma this year was about how to hoist my solar shower and how to get 4 girls in my group clean because showers last year was the worst! Thank you Goldenvoice for listening! I hope this makes it easier for everyone.

canopy + solar shower = awesome.

canopy + solar shower + 2 gallon spray tank to get pressurized shower = even more awesome.

nayhru
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I showered at night last year with no-wait lines. I'm a chick and I could care less about having a hair dryer. My hair is gonna get messed up in the 100 degree weather anyway.

Besides, it's one more clunky thing to pack.

Slice
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
NEW for 2011! The addition of VIP SHOWERS
For $5 you can shower like the stars. Located in 3 separate area's of camping next to the regular free showers: A comfort shower trailer with air conditioning, vanity tent with power (bring your hair dryers ladies), dressing area & shorter lines.

Forgot a hair dryer, I'll just charge my phone.

TomAz
03-28-2011, 03:16 PM
"area's"

Bud Luster
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
How much for VIPP showers?

fatbastard
03-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Reminds me to move from animal collective to maria callas

Media Blitz
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
You can shower at my tent for free...

If you're a hot chick with loose morals...

Theijuiel
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fGy1N_LRqxo/SYEuhsp7FeI/AAAAAAAACxU/VpCGej8cfUI/s400/Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

SFtoLA
03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fGy1N_LRqxo/SYEuhsp7FeI/AAAAAAAACxU/VpCGej8cfUI/s400/Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

hahahahahahahah

Showers were the main thing everyone was bitching about. Stoked on this.

doggie3343
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
VIP Goldenvoice Showers?

Sseely
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Awesome...i waited three hours one time.

Sseely
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM

Very true...guess we will see how it works out.

dcbell05
04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
So, has there been any other information on the VIP Showers? Like if it is a pass to use all weekend or a $5 per use thing? I'm not worried too much about the cost, but rather them selling out (if they even will have a max number) since we aren't arriving till late Thursday afternoon.

And I'm assuming a curling iron or straightenere can be used in them too (instead or with a blow dryer).

Any more info coming out?

eskamo951
04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Awesome...i waited three hours one time.

3 hours? My longest wait ever was maybe 20 min. I only showered once last year and that was because I went to my friend's condo for a nap

Neighborhood Creep
04-06-2011, 04:19 PM
3 hours? My longest wait ever was maybe 20 min. I only showered once last year and that was because I went to my friend's condo for a nap

There was never even a wait in my line

http://www.faildumping.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Dusche.jpg

Suffacated
04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Did you brush your teeth while you were there?
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/ass.jpg

mmsk123
04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone know how the showers are for El Dorado? Will they have outlets or will someone in El Dorado have to pay to use these VIP ones?

dj12inches
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM

I'm running a regression analysis now to predict. Will have results by Saturday

dj12inches
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
So....how good are these showers going to be, anyway? Are they going to be nicer? Worth the money? Or are you just paying 5 bucks to jump in line.

Stickjohn
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I have $2.50

gaypalmsprings
04-07-2011, 06:14 PM
http://cherryclafoutis.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/asparagus.jpg?w=309&h=484

coachZILLA
04-08-2011, 06:54 PM
We have our own shower tent and hot water. Yum!

daisyBee
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
it doesn't matter to me either way. i'm one of those girly girls that needs to be primped. i like to do my hair, make-up, dress up all cute-like. however, i didn't take a proper shower while camping last year. i did the "bed-bath" (damp towels/baby wipes, wiping.. etc.) thing and it worked just as good. of course, i didn't feel as clean as a normal shower.

so if the VIP allow us to bypass lines and do our makeup in air-conditioned tents, then i am thoroughly stoked.

intuitionn
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
rofl. im going to pay the first person in line to see if i can cut. hah!

ponyup
04-10-2011, 03:30 PM
And I'm assuming a curling iron or straightenere can be used in them too (instead or with a blow dryer).

Dude, is it really necessary to curl your hair for a fucking music festival? It's going to be like 95 degrees out, your hair won't hold a curl for more than a few hours before you turn into a sweaty mess like everyone else.

gaypalmsprings
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Have VIP showers sold out yet?

david.sound
04-10-2011, 06:49 PM
VIP showers?! Sweet! Anyone wanna split with me? I don't want to pay any more than $2.50. You can use my shampoo; it's the all-in-one shampoo/conditioner combination.

natureboy
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
These showers were definitely not worth it for me. First two days the one in our lot (5), wasn't even operational then when they finally did get it up the line took just about as long as the regular ones. Then when you got in the thing was pretty dirty. I'm investing in a solar shower for next year.

runaway_dreamer
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
These showers were definitely not worth it for me. First two days the one in our lot (5), wasn't even operational then when they finally did get it up the line took just about as long as the regular ones. Then when you got in the thing was pretty dirty. I'm investing in a solar shower for next year.

Seriously. I was in lot 5 as well and tried standing in line for the VIP showers. Girls were taking their sweet time (which I don't really blame them for, I know when I get into showers on the camp grounds I never want to get out) but this was just ridiculous. At LEAST 45 minutes per person. I got my money back and went in line for the regular showers instead.

Mugwog
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
The VIPs seemed like normal showers just smaller trailers
the electricity voltage was so low you couldn't even get 5% on an iPhone 3gs with a 20 minute plug in time

I was told the showers to the right of the buffet were VIP, but it didn't seem that way, other than more hanging space, adjustable shower head and free "soap"

fortunately I didn't pay, and I didn't wait, everyone was too zonked out in the line to even notice me mosey on in
win.

wstsidela
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
The boondoggle of the weekend. I actually brought $200 in five dollar bills. Nobody knew where the fuck they were. Did anyone actually find them?

thefrush
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I saw them, in the corner of lot 8 by lot 10.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-19-2011, 10:39 AM
In campsite 5, the VIP showers got put up Saturday night... lol.

FuhRaze
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
VIP Showers were a JOKE!
LOL@ anyone who paid and WAITED longer then the free's.

Shower conditions this year was awesome. Just avoid the peak times like around 8-11am and you are golden. Even if you went during peak time, it was like 45mins-1hr max.

NoneForMeThanks
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I never found them. Were they even marked? And no one who looked "official" had any idea what I was talking about.

I just waited until about 12:30p to get in line for the free showers, when the little lady with the long pony tail made the "last call" announcement in lot 8. The line was usually short by then, and with the warnings, the girls moved fast.

thefrush
04-19-2011, 01:28 PM
The regular showers were great this year. I went at about 9AM each morning and waited less than 5 minutes on Friday and Saturday, and about 30 minutes on Sunday.

icaito
04-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I've never understood what would make people wait until the morning to shower.

Plain and simple: It's nasty!

You trying to tell me that after you spent all damned day under the scorching sun, partying it up with 25,000 of your closest-newfound friends, sweated like a donkey in springtime, and probably have Coachella dirt lodged up your innermost crevices, after aaaaalllllll of that, you're still going to bed without taking a shower?

Really?

You're gonna wait till the morning? And stand in line sweating your balls off for an hour? Two maybe. Really?

Shower at night time, you dirt bags!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-23-2011, 12:42 AM
The regular showers were great this year. I went at about 9AM each morning and waited less than 5 minutes on Friday and Saturday, and about 30 minutes on Sunday.

you werent in lot 5.

TheScenestar
04-23-2011, 01:02 AM
vip showers ruled. if you were vip enough to find them

stepup2stepout
04-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I've never understood what would make people wait until the morning to shower.

Plain and simple: It's nasty!

You trying to tell me that after you spent all damned day under the scorching sun, partying it up with 25,000 of your closest-newfound friends, sweated like a donkey in springtime, and probably have Coachella dirt lodged up your innermost crevices, after aaaaalllllll of that, you're still going to bed without taking a shower?

Really?

You're gonna wait till the morning? And stand in line sweating your balls off for an hour? Two maybe. Really?

Shower at night time, you dirt bags!

Better to shower in the morning that wake up sweating balls and then be in a need for a shower again.

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Better to shower in the morning that wake up sweating balls and then be in a need for a shower again.

I found a dirtbag!

brettb88
04-06-2013, 12:20 PM
It's pretty simple:

Get up around 7/8 AM (It's hard to sleep later than that anyway because the sun is up and it gets hot quick unless you're an OG like me and have perfected the art of keeping your canopy cool thus being able to sleep later). Go directly to the showers and you might wait 20-30 minutes max but if you're friendly (as 99.9% of Coachellians are) then you'll make new friends while in line and talk about the previous day/night's performances and bond over mutual griping about waiting in said line.

Regarding the VIP showers:

They are $10 per shower. Unless they changed something from last year, the lines will almost always be shorter than the regular (free) showers and you have more room, A/C, warmer water, a mirror, and a sink.

LADIES BEWARE: If you do not do VIP then you will not be given access to the sink/mirrors and just to rub it in your face they usually set up the VIP showers right next to the free showers so you can watch in envy as others get to use the coveted sink and mirror. I have also heard that the ladies free showers can get quite nasty with all the tampons, body shaving, and array of different chemicals being used.

I think I'll try out the VIP once just to experience it and see if it is worth it but if you're on a tighter budget (as I deff was in 2012) then it probably isnt worth it.

I was under the influence of quite a few different substances last year so if I am mistaken about any of this please post a reply!

brettb88
04-06-2013, 12:22 PM

I will shower both in the evening and at night because I'm so fresh and so clean clean (or as fresh and clean as you can be in 90-100 degree desert weather)

JBcoachella
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM

This is what worries me....

kvnty
04-06-2013, 03:39 PM
In 2011 (when the VIP showers were $5), I could not find where they were. Even several of the campground employees didn't know where they were located. Last year (when the price increased to $10), they were easy to find, next to the regular showers between Lots 8 and 10. The line for the VIP showers was half that of the regular shower line, but the wait time was more than double. People getting their money's worth, I guess. Fuck that, all you need is to stand under cold water for a few minutes and you're good as new.

dcbell05
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
LADIES BEWARE: If you do not do VIP then you will not be given access to the sink/mirrors and just to rub it in your face they usually set up the VIP showers right next to the free showers so you can watch in envy as others get to use the coveted sink and mirror. I have also heard that the ladies free showers can get quite nasty with all the tampons, body shaving, and array of different chemicals being used.

I think I'll try out the VIP once just to experience it and see if it is worth it but if you're on a tighter budget (as I deff was in 2012) then it probably isnt worth it.

I was under the influence of quite a few different substances last year so if I am mistaken about any of this please post a reply!

This isn't accurate for the Lot 10 ladies showers. There were mirrors and sicks available for people using the free showers. I used them. I believe the VIP also had outlets and it was in the air conditioned trailer.

Also, the ladies showers weren't too bad in terms of cleanliness. One night the showers did clog up and there was a bit of backed of water that was a little gross since the shower floors weren't totally clean, but the other days/nights were fine. I'm sure some of them got nasty, but overall, it wasn't much different than college dorm showers.

brettb88
04-08-2013, 08:31 AM
This isn't accurate for the Lot 10 ladies showers. There were mirrors and sicks available for people using the free showers. I used them. I believe the VIP also had outlets and it was in the air conditioned trailer.

Also, the ladies showers weren't too bad in terms of cleanliness. One night the showers did clog up and there was a bit of backed of water that was a little gross since the shower floors weren't totally clean, but the other days/nights were fine. I'm sure some of them got nasty, but overall, it wasn't much different than college dorm showers.

Thank you DCbell. I guess us men get the shaft and were the only ones not to get a mirror or sink (atleast at lot 10) but oh well (we don't need to be purdy). As far as the cleanliness goes, I'm sure that its a function of what time, which lot, etc.

I have always gotten up between 7/8 and got in line right before they opened the showers at 8am and had a short wait.