PDA

View Full Version : Past Experiences Riding a Bike to Coachella?

djabomb
03-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Can the kind people in this message board Comment on how it is Riding a bike to the show vs. being stuck in a car or walking????

thewoodenman
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
being stuck in a car for hours wasting gas vs. the nice cool breeze of a leisurely bike ride into paradise... hmmmmm,,,,

khoyfish
03-26-2011, 11:09 AM
If you have the option of riding your bike to the festival, do it.

Harrisment
03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm riding my bike from Texas, leaving tomorrow.

weareyourfriends
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Apparently there is one chain link fence at the entrance area where people chain their bikes. This will be my first year riding a bike too. You may want to to try searching threads to find more info on riding a bike to the fest though.

thewoodenman
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm riding my bike from Texas, leaving tomorrow.

NO WAY!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!! DON"T FERGET TO DRINK LOTS N LOTS A WATER!!

Cheddar's Cousin
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Ride your bike!

mlant
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Riding my bike is something I'd really like to do.
We're camping at Lake Cahuilla which is about 6.5 miles away.
I'm not so worried about the distance, but we will be pre-gaming pretty hard and since this year will be the first with the 1mile police radius around the Polo Fields, does anyone know how this is going to affect biking?
It may be pure speculation at this point, but I know biking while drunk counts as a DWI, and with Police checking wrist bands instead of security, I'm thinking biking may not be such a great idea for us party people.
Any thoughts on this?

Cheddar's Cousin
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
In that case...you should definitely drive.

baily
03-27-2011, 07:14 PM
We are biking...greatest way ever!!! No car waiting...stay till the LAST song and don't worry one second about waiting in traffic.

misterpickles
04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I would assume the same wristbands rules for cars will apply to bikes, so you should be fine in that area.

In terms of drunk biking (which is loads of fun I must say).. Being that the police in the area will be mostly focused on the wristbands, just make sure you don't topple over or say something stupid enough for them to suspect you. My advice: PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Go on a safe drunken ride with your friends sometime in the next twi weeks, it'll be fun and practical.

baily
04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
1st year ever biking....glad we are...just got the bike tuned up.

flowbee
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
V2YUJCTfP3I

I saw a lot of happy bicyclists this year. It seemed they happily coexisted with the motorists driving in. I tried to high five them as they went by.

algunz
04-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Biking is the best.

sidsjiff
04-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Biking rules but the access for bikes this year kinda sucked. Open up a bike lane on 51st why don't ya GV?

yeahfontaine
04-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah, the first two days and nights were fine--they'd let you out onto the main street and you could bike close to the sidewalk. We had lights and neon vests and stuff so I wasn't TOO scared at night.

But on Sunday night security was being strict about making you stay within the chainlink fenced area with hundreds of people walking around you. Dangerous much? Jesus. I waited for a good time to make a prison break and darted out of a gate and then onto the right side of the road. Husband soon followed suit and we had a glorious rest-of-the-ride home.

Overall, having bikes (especially fancy electric ones! doin' that every year now!) was the single best improvement we've made since 2006 when we started going. It even made the last couple hours of each night better since I could go all out and not even think about the walk back to the condo.

dyltr0n3030
05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
I wanna bicycle to coachella..

baily
05-31-2011, 08:40 AM
We biked and wow did it work out well!!!!

I will never drive again to Coachella fest