PDA

View Full Version : Tickets/Wristband have been mailed

nighteulogy
03-24-2011, 02:46 AM
I just checked my online Ticketmaster account and I received a notice that my Coachella tickets have been printed and mailed via USPS. I am guessing they should be received by Saturday. WOO HOO!!!
Check your account status people!
COOOAAACHELLLLAAAAA!!!!!!!

http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/registered/4/13500/user_size_108445.jpg (http://www.fotocajon.com/photo/fasteddiec/coachella_tixs)

IRSCOTT
03-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Aghhhh! Now I wont stop checking the mail thanks a lot.

wstsidela
03-24-2011, 03:36 AM
Whoohooo!! Just checked mine too. It's a beautiful thang!

Absolutely
03-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Why the fuck does mine say: Your tickets were shipped via standard Canada Post mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

CANADA POST MAIL?! I'm not even in Canada!

El.C.Dub
03-24-2011, 06:41 AM
i'm pretty sure that all the tickets are being sent fed-ex. that message you are seeing on TM is probably just their generic notification for shipments.

sikiboy
03-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Your tickets have been printed.

Your tickets were shipped via standard USPS mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

If there are any problems with your order, or you don't receive your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact customer service.

Hope it's a generic message, but how come we're getting messages that they shipped via different carriers?

rAnimatorX2
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
3 weeks!

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I bought my pass from frontgate and that page still says it hasn't been sent.

I also got an email from UPS with a ZIP file in it that it wouldn't let me download.

tessalasset
03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
pretty sure that's spam.

Fourthisto
03-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I also got an email from UPS with a ZIP file in it that it wouldn't let me download.I've received a BUNCH of those, and while I had an initial thought of "Hey this might be the passes!!", yeah it's just spam crap.

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
pretty sure that's spam.

That's what I figured as well. I just looked at my email after I saw this thread and it was in there. That's why I decided to check the frontgate site instead.

NachoCat
03-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Why the fuck does mine say: Your tickets were shipped via standard Canada Post mail. Items shipped in this way will arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

CANADA POST MAIL?! I'm not even in Canada!

PANIC

Absolutely
03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
PANIC

*cries* oh trust me, I am doing just that

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
*cries* oh trust me, I am doing just that

You probably shouldn't panic quite yet......

BeeII
03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
I bought my pass from frontgate and that page still says it hasn't been sent.

I also got an email from UPS with a ZIP file in it that it wouldn't let me download.

yeah don't open those. it's not only spam, but that zip is probably malware.

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah it wouldn't even allow me to run it through my anti-virus or anything else. I right-clicked it to see if I could scan it and it wouldn't alow anything to be done. I just trashed it.

tessalasset
03-24-2011, 09:17 AM
<3 smart people

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 09:22 AM
BEWARE THE SPAM MESSAGE W/MALWARE - looks like this:

Dear customer.

The parcel was sent your home address.
And it will arrive within 7 business day.

More information and the tracking number are attached in document below.

Thank you.
1994-2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.

sent by joiner22@ups.com - obvious fake.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Are those of you that actually opened this file somebody's mom or something? Seems like only moms are wacky enough to get fooled by this.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Listen people. ALL orders were sent to our fulfillment center. Ticketmaster is not shipping anything. However their ticket system just is what it is so that is just standard boiler plate info on the order screens.

Our fulfillment center got the wristbands, scans them, packs the packages, prints the shipping labels, ships the packages and will send an email to the buyers with their tracking info. And it won't be a zip file.

Shipping should begin by friday/monday.

Calm down.

BeeII
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Calm down.

i prefer hysteria. it's more fun.

gaypalmsprings
03-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Calm down? Now my nerves are jumping and I'm having a dick pulse.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Listen people. ALL orders were sent to our fulfillment center. Ticketmaster is not shipping anything. However their ticket system just is what it is so that is just standard boiler plate info on the order screens.

Our fulfillment center got the wristbands, scans them, packs the packages, prints the shipping labels, ships the packages and will send an email to the buyers with their tracking info. And it won't be a zip file.

Calm down.

SWEET. Was not expecting this ...

Fourthisto
03-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Mmmmmmm, boiler plate info.....

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
OMG Prince Nukanta of Nigeria just said Coachella tickets got shipped and it's coming via Nigeria Parcel air, they just need to verify shipping information! I'm so stoked!

Kind of weird they asked for my social, but WOOO COACHELLA!

fatbastard
03-24-2011, 11:02 AM
You lost me with the obscure reference, then again, your member name explained it all.

baily
03-24-2011, 11:20 AM
OMG Prince Nukanta of Nigeria just said Coachella tickets got shipped and it's coming via Nigeria Parcel air, they just need to verify shipping information! I'm so stoked!

Kind of weird they asked for my social, but WOOO COACHELLA!

I was asked to send them $500, but they'd send me back $1,000...so that sounded good so I sent them $2,000 hoping for $4,000....WOW!!! I can't lose.... :)

They stated that one of my long lost relatives died and left me a fortune there and to claim it to send another $500...so of course I did...I can't wait to see the treasure that awaits.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Why? It was stated from the very beginning that they would be doing this, when the ticket info was first announced.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
You lost me with the obscure reference, then again, your member name explained it all.

if you're talking about me, then you must be new to the internet.

I was asked to send them $500, but they'd send me back $1,000...so that sounded good so I sent them $2,000 hoping for $4,000....WOW!!! I can't lose.... :)

They stated that one of my long lost relatives died and left me a fortune there and to claim it to send another $500...so of course I did...I can't wait to see the treasure that awaits.

Yeah a bank owner from Nigeria said a wealthy individual passed away at his bank and he wants my bank info so he can send me the money from the dead inheritance since no other family members can be found and then give him part of the fortune! OMG I'm gonna be balling at Coachella guys!

baily
03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
if you're talking about me, then you must be new to the internet.

Yeah a bank owner from Nigeria said a wealthy individual passed away at his bank and he wants my bank info so he can send me the money from the dead inheritance since no other family members can be found and then give him part of the fortune! OMG I'm gonna be balling at Coachella guys!

Dang...we BOTH have relatives in Nigeria....Amazing!...it's a small world after all.
http://apike.ca/images/japan/tokyo-disneyland/small-world.jpg

babies on parade
03-24-2011, 01:46 PM
fulfillment center

tee hee

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 02:14 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB6OpEldym-iGmrBT1fAjbboLVGtpRCefrdm97jkpmN_6mVATR

cuauhtemoc723
03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
i'm pretty sure that all the tickets are being sent fed-ex. that message you are seeing on TM is probably just their generic notification for shipments.

i was just about to say this...

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Calm down.

worth repeating

cuauhtemoc723
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
PANIC

nah, don't panic. be proactive and contact:
1. ticketmaster
2. coachella custumer service rep
3. fed ex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1horffGyO0

best of luck :)

cuauhtemoc723
03-24-2011, 03:15 PM
i prefer hysteria. it's more fun.

uh, not when you're being trampled by a mob on black friday for a stupid trendy toy...

but at least it's a cool muse song:
R1horffGyO0

Absolutely
03-24-2011, 03:25 PM

I love you.

No, seriously, thanks for the information! I've been stressing about this, not just cos those tickets cost me a pretty penny, but also cos I know if they get lost or delayed, I won't exactly be able to rock up to the venue and purchase more.

Also, I've bought stuff from the states online before and packages always seemed to get to me via Timbuktu and Whoop Whoop, Australia, and always about 2 weeks later than expected. Grrrr!

PrettyRagdoll
03-24-2011, 03:33 PM

I'm sure it's just to save them time. Because if they DIDN'T provide tracking info, I'd be calling every day after tickets officially started being mailed home, lol

gaypalmsprings
03-24-2011, 07:26 PM
http://cdn.rainydaysaver.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/fulfillment.jpg

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 07:42 PM

I was just going to sat WTF about that. Maybe ticketmaster is shipping them to an undisclosed location and from that location they will be sent via Fedex??

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 07:44 PM

Really? I was. They have been repeating it over and over and over again for 3 months.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Link please. Show me one place that said we would be getting emails with package tracking info.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
From the frontgate webpage:

You will receive an email from UPS when package ships.

From ticketmaser:

You will receive your tickets via: Fedex or UPS - Festival passes will be shipped via Fedex or UPS approximately 3 weeks prior to the event. Orders will not be shipped to P.O. Boxes and signatures will be required. Please visit www.coachella.com for more information.

We'll email you when your tickets are printed and about to be shipped.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 08:06 PM
it was also on the tickets page of coachella and the layway page during the entire time tickets were being sold

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Link please. Show me one place that said we would be getting emails with package tracking info.

I looked and couldn't find anything either. I still think this is good news.

edit: posted before seeing PF's post. I still don't think there was anything about tracking information being included.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Yep, Stickjohn take a look at your email confirmation for your purchase...if you bought from ticketmaster, that's what kingsblend quoted

loubque
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
it was also on the tickets page of coachella and the layway page during the entire time tickets were being sold

Well to be fair people had only six days to read that.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Or I could log into my account and see the message from TM about tickets being mailed?

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
layaway was on sale for a couple months at least.

Well to be fair people had only six days to read that.

neis218
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
So i take it there sending the crazy wristbands with the tickets?

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 08:18 PM
People. My point is that -according to PF's earlier post today - we will be receiving package tracking information in the shipping confirmation email. I stand by my position that we did not know that before. Hell, we didn't even know if it would be a brown truck or a white truck. I think this is great and I'm glad GV is doing it.

Antoine3323
03-24-2011, 08:21 PM

The wristbands are the tickets

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
People. My point is that -according to PF's earlier post today - we will be receiving package tracking information in the shipping confirmation email. I stand by my position that we did not know that before. Hell, we didn't even know if it would be a brown truck or a white truck. I think this is great and I'm glad GV is doing it.

You stand by your position all by yourself then. Pretty much everyone else here knew that emails would be going out with tracking info. :rolleyes

It's been common knowledge for months.

thetello
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM

hasn't been paying attention for the past few months.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I think we're more or less using the terms "tickets" and "wristbands" interchangeably. TM uses a lot of "boilerplate" language, as PF pointed out earlier today, so you can't always rely on what Ticketmaster says verbatim.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 08:30 PM
But like she said it was on the coachella.com tickets page for months. I don't have the time to scour this information for you. You're wrong.

tessalasset
03-24-2011, 08:34 PM
I just assumed I'd get tracking info if they're going to the trouble of shipping them via UPS or FedEx with a signature required.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 08:35 PM
I think you didn't read very carefully and misunderstood the issue, and now you're resorting to "it's common knowledge" and "I don't have time" tactics. Lame.

edit: ^ not at Tessa!

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 08:36 PM
people will get tracking info..

tessalasset
03-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Better not be at me, biatch!

Antoine3323
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Check the main page people! :thu

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I think you didn't read very carefully and misunderstood the issue, and now you're resorting to "it's common knowledge" and "I don't have time" tactics. Lame.

edit: ^ not at Tessa!

Whatever, Stickjohn.

Look at this thread from 2 months ago.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44527

Dumbass. :rolleyes

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-24-2011, 08:48 PM
how many times i have posted about tracking numbers

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 09:10 PM
You got me! I missed that four post thread that was locked 15 minutes after it started.

Drinkey - How did you know about the tracking numbers? It's not in the FAQ discussing ticket delivery.

JustSteve
03-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Check the main page people! :thu

you mean this?
http://coachella.com/images/2011WRISTBANDS.jpg

JustSteve
03-24-2011, 09:11 PM
You got me! I missed that four post thread that was locked 15 minutes after it started.

Drinkey - How did you know about the tracking numbers? It's not in the FAQ discussing ticket delivery.

stickjohn - he never let it die

psycobetabuckdown
03-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Why the fuck are you arguing persistently about such an inconsequential point?

JustSteve
03-24-2011, 09:14 PM
as mentioned earlier by pf, ticketmaster is sending out their preset email...and since they have nothing to do with the actual fulfillment of the orders you should not pay any attention to an email from them.

edit: for mistakenstrangers

Calm down.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 09:15 PM
COACHELLASHIPPING@BANDMERCH.COM
818-882-3816

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-24-2011, 09:17 PM

It actually was at one point. I don't know why it's not anymore.

mistakenstrangers
03-24-2011, 09:27 PM
as mentioned earlier by pf, ticketmaster is sending out their preset email...and since they have nothing to do with the actual fulfillment of the orders you should not pay any attention to an email from them.

edit: for mistakenstrangers

PHEW. Sorry to freak out guiiize.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 09:29 PM
mistaken strangers. i dont know if you are ESL or what but you can email info@coachella.com with your whole concern.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I would love to read that email.

mistakenstrangers
03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
mistaken strangers. i dont know if you are ESL or what but you can email info@coachella.com with your whole concern.

I'm only ESL when I am freaking out. Not freaking out any more.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
http://info.aeglive.com/gv/images/denver.jpg ...

Neighborhood Creep
03-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Are they being sent through US Post Office, FedEx or UPS?

I didn't get my address change in time. I work 9am-9pm each day for the next 10 days. Wondering if I will have to go to my local UPS, FedEx, USPO to sign something.

/Totally lost and 90% retarded. :)

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
i think ups. you will be sent tracking. im sure there will be a number on there to ask questions. nothing you can do about it now. we emailed everyone to hurry and get their address sorted a couple weeks ago.

Wheres the beef?
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Are they being sent through US Post Office, FedEx or UPS?

I didn't get my address change in time. I work 9am-9pm each day for the next 10 days. Wondering if I will have to go to my local UPS, FedEx, USPO to sign something.

/Totally lost and 90% retarded. :)

What I am planning on doing, and what you might consider, is when the email goes out with the tracking info just call the company (Fedex/UPS) and have them hold it at your local store and you can go and pick it up there instead of it being delivered to whatever address.

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
It actually was at one point. I don't know why it's not anymore.

Found it! Was included on the first version of the Tickets page (shortly after the "one square mile" line) - "You will receive an email alerting you to the pending shipment and an email containing your tracking information."

mistakenstrangers
03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
"AH, BUT THE SERVANT WAITS WHILST THE (TICKET)MASTER BATES" — Mel Brooks, 'History of the World, Part I'

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED. LET'S HAVE A DRINK AND CELEBRATE.

Neighborhood Creep
What I am planning on doing, and what you might consider, is when the email goes out with the tracking info just call the company (Fedex/UPS) and have them hold it at your local store and you can go and pick it up there instead of it being delivered to whatever address.

Good deal. Thanks for the idea bud.

and for you....

http://www.cflparents.org/Thanks/thanks3.gif

tessalasset
03-24-2011, 09:44 PM

i am cracking up.

psycobetabuckdown
Found it! Was included on the first version of the Tickets page (shortly after the "one square mile" line) - "You will receive an email alerting you to the pending shipment and an email containing your tracking information."

Phew. I was worried you weren't gonna be able to sleep tonight.

Wheres the beef?

:rolleyes

http://info.aeglive.com/gv/images/denver.jpg

Stickjohn
03-24-2011, 09:47 PM
You have some good options online at both UPS and FedEx

UPS change delivery info (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html?WT.svl=Footer)

FedEx package hold (http://www.fedex.com/us/services/hold.html)

You will need a tracking number.

psychic friend
03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
you will be emailed your tracking number.

im closing this thread. you people are nauseating.