PDA

View Full Version : too many ppl & too much gear to fit everyone in 1car...

MadSurfs
03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
...so i'm thinking i will drive my car into our car camping spot with as many ppl and as much gear as possible. the other 4 ppl can park their car off grounds and catch a ride in to meet us at our car camping spot. So where should the other people staying at our spot leave their car all weekend?

SDsoldier7
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
two girls, one shuttle

Stickjohn
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
edit: never mind; I figured out you only have one car camping spot. I think parking will be harder to find than camping. Bring less stuff or get a bigger car.

MadSurfs
03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
what do you mean stupid question? i've never camped at coachella and dont know where the rest of the campers leave their cars for the whole weekend...

coffeemanual
03-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Buy a companion parking pass.

MadSurfs
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Buy a companion parking pass.

isn't that only good for one night?

PlayaDelWes
And a time machine

guedita
Towing companies: like or dislike?

Stickjohn
03-17-2011, 09:41 PM
what do you mean stupid question? i've never camped at coachella and dont know where the rest of the campers leave their cars for the whole weekend...

Yeah I saw another post and realized you were genuine. Parking passes are long gone and I wouldn't plan on leaving a car anywhere in the general vicinity of Indio that weekend. Palm Springs airport maybe?

choice cat
03-17-2011, 10:43 PM
companion passes have been sold out though no?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 07:39 AM
A) Pay someone (money, services, goods) on this board who lives in Indio to park your car in front of their house.
B) Pay to park at Palm Springs Airport and find a shuttle to the fields.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-18-2011, 07:41 AM
...so i'm thinking i will drive my car into our car camping spot with as many ppl and as much gear as possible. the other 4 ppl can park their car off grounds and catch a ride in to meet us at our car camping spot. So where should the other people staying at our spot leave their car all weekend?

There is no parking close to the Polo fields to leave your extra car. There were companion parking passes that were sold but they are all sold out like everything else, but if you had one you could park in it the whole festival. Just a suggestion but maybe post that you are looking for someone else camping that only has 1 person maybe and room in their car for some of your people and stuff? Could work maybe? Anyway...good luck! We have to put side rails on our truck to bring everything ourselves so I know exactly what you mean! Otherwise find some parking somewhere in Indio and the other people take a shuttle?
Sorry there is not more help to be found on this, there just is not that much space and it all sold out so fast!

coffeemanual
03-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Yes, companion parking passes were sold out a long time ago, but people are still selling them on ebay for about $90. Good from thursday through monday.