PDA

View Full Version : Official Mist Thread

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I know a few of us have talked about misters, so what's your mist set up?

I know Baily was selling a mist rig, and I can build you one if you need one as well.

For those setting up a hand pump rig, they are selling hand pumps on sale right now at Harbor Freight.

One might be able to make one using a basic fountain pump from harbor freight as well.

lovethelake
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Here's my set up, and it works PERFECTLY, for under $30! Will attach it to my EZ-up canopy. It comes with 10 feet (6 nozzles) of misting line (perfect for one side of my EZ up) and another 10 feet of non-misting line to run down to the ground/handpump.

I bought this mister system (6 nozzles, $13) It normally is intended to hook into a garden hose, so I just cut off the garden hose connector end, and easily adapted it to my pump.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100373179/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and this 2 gallon hand pump (45 PSI, $18)
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100350719/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I know there are cheaper 2 gallon pumps and various sizes, like the one you (Dustin) linked on Harbor Freight, but the closest HF to me is an hour away so I just felt like going to my local Home Depot. These are the ONLY 2 things I bought, (no adapters, no additional tubing, no clamps, no sealant, nothing at all etc) and my system is amazing. Well actually I also bought a better-fitting rubber O-ring, as you'll see in the pictures below, but those cost pennies.

With this setup, it's probably about a pump a minute, so 25 pumps lasts 25 minutes, 10 pumps 10 minutes, etc! This is a very simple, perfectly working solution. Pumping is effortless, I can easily see myself sitting under my EZ-up in a chair, and without even getting out of my chair just reaching over and pumping a few times to keep it flowing! It also only took like 5 minutes to put together.

Here is the finished result that I will attach to my EZ-up
http://i56.tinypic.com/hva0lf.jpg

A closer look at the beautiful conjoining of the pump to the mister. The valve has a built-in locking mechanism so I can keep the valve open and mist coming without having to physically squeeze the trigger for mist.
http://i54.tinypic.com/vh6t8j.jpg

And heres what the connection actually looks like... there is absolutely no dripping or loss of pressure! I bought an O-ring that fits snugly on the mist tube, and then just used the screw cap that came with the pump system (the screw cap came with the pump, and was intended to use to attach the various spray nozzles that came with the pump). http://i56.tinypic.com/34sh3m8.jpg

I would not attempt trying to use an electric fountain pump to hook up to a mister... I started doing some research and you basically would need a VERY POWERFUL fountain pump to create enough pressure. You need about 45 psi to operate the mister (if there isn't enough pressure, the water dripples/drips out, instead of creating a fine mist). Most of these cheap fountain pumps have a head height (basically the distance that the pump can push water vertically) of anywhere between 2-8 feet. To figure PSI, you take the head height in feet, and multiply by 0.434.
So for example, here is a $70 pond pump,
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202017039/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 (560 gallons per hour)
that has a head height of 14.3 feet. 14.3ft x 0.434 = 6.2 PSI! Not even close to 45 PSI. You would need a fountain pump capable of pushing water 90 feet high to get that kind of pressure!
You could always get this
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202040875/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 but seriously? $400 for mist, not including a method to power it?

So long story short, just get a hand pump. It is light, cheap, easy, and it works, because I bought it, assembled it, tested it, and it works perfectly.

You're welcome. :) See you at Coachella!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Harbor Freight has a similar hand pump on sale for 14.99 then use this 67342287 <- 20% off coupon and it's $12.

lovethelake
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
What's your set up Dustin?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
What's your set up Dustin?

Almost identical to that. I was waiting for my Home Depot to get the mist nozzles but I set mine up almost exactly to that.

Apparently my home depot has 20 of them though, so i'll swoop by this weekend.

lovethelake
03-18-2011, 11:53 AM
This might be an incredible coincidence, but my Home Depot that I picked mine up from has 20 of them, and then literally no other Home Depot within hours has them. Are you in the bay area? Referring to the Home Depot in Brentwood?

Also, how much non-drinking water (for mist, showers, cooking, etc) are you bringing, and in what containers?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
This might be an incredible coincidence, but my Home Depot that I picked mine up from has 20 of them, and then literally no other Home Depot within hours has them. Are you in the bay area? Referring to the Home Depot in Brentwood?

Also, how much non-drinking water (for mist, showers, cooking, etc) are you bringing, and in what containers?

No I'm in so cal actually, and a bunch of home depots are sold out, and what bothers me I asked Home Depot a few weeks ago if they had these and they said they didn't but I have the product number so I'll go to customer service.

And it's looking like it can go through about 2 gallons in roughly 15-20min... the main day it will be used is Thursday and Monday during pack up, but Fri-Sun I wont be using it that much if at all. SO maybe like... 3hrs on Thursday and 1.5 hrs (if that, Monday) plus we'll say a half hour a day... that's like

6hrs X 4 (splitting hours into quarters) = 24 x 2 (gallons) = 48 gallons/per quarter for all of Coachella

Now that's continued use. So... if you spaced the misting down, you could probably get by with more in the neighborhood of 38 or so.

To be honest I'll probably bring in the neighborhood of like... 20-30gallons because of weight, and just make due.

Now... here is another idea I had... you get those giant arrowhead bottles (for water dispensers) and you bring like 2 of those with you, that's 10 gallons.

So that gives you 5 gallons Thursday, 5 Gallons Friday. Re-up at Ralph's Saturday and you're set for the rest of the fest.

As for other water i'm bringing in small 1 gallon containers, that water is for cleaning dishes and the solar shower.

What I really suggest is going to Harbor Freight and getting reflective tarp for the other side of the canopy wall. That gives you the full canopy plus shade to the other side. That will make the canopy nice and cool, so you won't be misting constantly. And if it's another 100+ degree year, our misting won't compare to the Do Lab.

( you can see in the picture the water dispensers)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5356656818_da3d902370_b.jpg

lovethelake
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
No I'm in so cal actually, and a bunch of home depots are sold out, and what bothers me I asked Home Depot a few weeks ago if they had these and they said they didn't but I have the product number so I'll go to customer service.

My local Home Depot (according to the website) said they had 20 in stock... I called them the day I went to buy it, gave them the store SKU#, and they confirmed they had 20 in stock. When I showed up, and asked some random associates where I could find their misters they said those were seasonal and that they wouldn't be in for months. I gave them the SKU#, and they looked it up, and to their surprise, they were like "apparently we have 20 of them in section XXXX, let me take you there now". Wasn't that simple. Yes, they were scanned in by the receiving department, but they weren't placed on the shelves yet, and certainly weren't in the section that the computers said they were. Long story short, and 15 minutes later of manual searching and scanning identical looking boxes with numbers scribbled all over them, we finally found them high up on some storage shelf (way up high above the shelves where processed, cataloged, priced merchandise is) in an unopened unmarked box. But I eventually got it.

And it's looking like it can go through about 2 gallons in roughly 15-20min... the main day it will be used is Thursday and Monday during pack up, but Fri-Sun I wont be using it that much if at all. SO maybe like... 3hrs on Thursday and 1.5 hrs (if that, Monday) plus we'll say a half hour a day... that's like

6hrs X 4 (splitting hours into quarters) = 24 x 2 (gallons) = 48 gallons/per quarter for all of Coachella

Now that's continued use. So... if you spaced the misting down, you could probably get by with more in the neighborhood of 38 or so.

Really? 2 gallons in 15-20 minutes? My setup with the 2 gallon pump will easily last at least an hour, maybe closer to an hour and a half. though I don't pump it 20-25 pumps, because they it really goes through a lot of water with that pressure, instead I pump it like 10-15 times, albeit more often, and the 2 gallon tank easily lasts an hour. That is bizarre that yours goes through that much water if our setups are almost identical, because seriously, the 2 gallons lasts 1.5 hours. Considering what time I'm arriving Thursday, by the time I'm set up it will be evening and cooler out anyway, so I probably won't need it at all Thursday. Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I'll probably only use it a little bit in the morning, and then for about an hour each of those days when we are actually back at the campsite for lunch. It sounds like you are going to be using your mister almost constantly, but I honestly think 30 gallons for the entire weekend is a generous estimate for misting and solar showers, for me and my camp spot (4 people). Those giant plastic 5 gallon bottles that you mentioned are a great idea, although I have no idea where to buy them. I may also just get 2 of these collapsing containers, which also hold 5 gallons.
http://www.rei.com/product/708992

What I really suggest is going to Harbor Freight and getting reflective tarp for the other side of the canopy wall. That gives you the full canopy plus shade to the other side. That will make the canopy nice and cool, so you won't be misting constantly.

Link? Have you used this reflective tarp in the past? I was worried about breath-ability on using tarp, so I was just planning on getting some CHEAP bed sheets ( I figure some cheap low thread-count sheets will basically have like a million little holes for fresh air to seep through, but please correct me if I'm wrong)
Or are bed sheets as EZup walls not that effective and a bad idea?
I have no experience with walls, we only had an EZup last year.
Do you use that tarp on just one side of the EZup? Or all 4 walls? or 2? Or maybe even perhaps 3? Again, I have no experience with walls on the EZup but I feel like 4 is too much (like baking trapped air in an oven) and 1 is too little. Or is it?

Neighborhood Creep
03-18-2011, 02:51 PM
I wish I wasn't too lazy minded to make a set up like above

M Sparks
03-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks...I bought that mist tubing at Dicks Sporting Goods because it was on clearance for $5, and couldn't figure out how I was going to make it work.

chiapet
03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
We tarp off a few sides of our E-Z ups, and air flow has never been a problem.

Leave the side facing the scorecards open (wind always seems to blow from that direction). We zip-tie the edges of the tarps to the legs of the E-z Up but leave some gaps so wind can get through. You can also kinda roll up the tarps part way (we stick an extra chair or cooler under it) if the breeze dies down and you want more air flow.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I wish I wasn't too lazy minded to make a set up like above

Baily was selling a set up, and if that doesn't work out, let me know I can make you a set up like that.

lovethelake
03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Laugh, it seriously takes 5 minutes to create, and everything can be bought at one store, for cheap. Find a home depot with an In and Out next to it to justify leaving the couch.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Really? 2 gallons in 15-20 minutes? My setup with the 2 gallon pump will easily last at least an hour, maybe closer to an hour and a half. though I don't pump it 20-25 pumps, because they it really goes through a lot of water with that pressure, instead I pump it like 10-15 times, albeit more often, and the 2 gallon tank easily lasts an hour. That is bizarre that yours goes through that much water if our setups are almost identical, because seriously, the 2 gallons lasts 1.5 hours. Considering what time I'm arriving Thursday, by the time I'm set up it will be evening and cooler out anyway, so I probably won't need it at all Thursday. Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I'll probably only use it a little bit in the morning, and then for about an hour each of those days when we are actually back at the campsite for lunch. It sounds like you are going to be using your mister almost constantly, but I honestly think 30 gallons for the entire weekend is a generous estimate for misting and solar showers, for me and my camp spot (4 people). Those giant plastic 5 gallon bottles that you mentioned are a great idea, although I have no idea where to buy them. I may also just get 2 of these collapsing containers, which also hold 5 gallons.
http://www.rei.com/product/708992

Link? Have you used this reflective tarp in the past? I was worried about breath-ability on using tarp, so I was just planning on getting some CHEAP bed sheets ( I figure some cheap low thread-count sheets will basically have like a million little holes for fresh air to seep through, but please correct me if I'm wrong)
Or are bed sheets as EZup walls not that effective and a bad idea?
I have no experience with walls, we only had an EZup last year.
Do you use that tarp on just one side of the EZup? Or all 4 walls? or 2? Or maybe even perhaps 3? Again, I have no experience with walls on the EZup but I feel like 4 is too much (like baking trapped air in an oven) and 1 is too little. Or is it?

I'll double check how much the mister uses I could have completely over-shot my water consumption (seems like it)

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-ft-6-inch-x-11-ft-4-inch-reflective-heavy-duty-silver-tarpaulin-30874.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/11-ft-4-inch-x-15-ft-6-inch-reflective-silver-tarpaulin-67703.html

And i'd only put the tarp on the side the sun is coming up on, no need to close off the whole thing IMO.

and then at check out use code 12431748 for 20% off.

and if you find something else to buy equaling 19.99

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/harborfreight.com

here is a bunch of free stuff you can pick up.

fear_the_tree
03-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm going to be making one of the systems lovethelake has. Exactly what I've been looking for.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm going to be making one of the systems lovethelake has. Exactly what I've been looking for.

Much easier than the electrical systems.

vdubshani
03-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Okay...this might be a stupid question but how are u guys attaching the misters to your canopy?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Okay...this might be a stupid question but how are u guys attaching the misters to your canopy?

The misting hose comes with clips, but you can also zip tie the cord to the frame of the canopy

fear_the_tree
03-19-2011, 01:54 AM
The misting hose comes with clips, but you can also zip tie the cord to the frame of the canopy

I'm fairly convinced you can take over the world with zip ties and duct tape.

M Sparks
03-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I bought the sprayer bottle today...I hope I got the right size o-rings. Will try it out tomorrow.

lovethelake
03-20-2011, 12:32 AM
The Oring I got was labeled as a size #5, whatever that means. Upon further inspection of the little package that the Orings came in, it said they had an OD outer diameter of 3/8" and an ID inner diameter of 1/4". And it fits perfectly. Though it should be pointed out that my mister system that I linked to in the 2nd post, is labeled as a 1/4" system. I bring this up because the same brand also has an almost identical system that you can buy but is a 3/8" diameter, which is obviously slightly bigger than my 1/4" system.

I'm not sure if those mist system measurements (1/4 vs 3/8) refer to the OD or ID, nor do I care because mine already works perfectly, but just sayin, I have the Orbit 1/4" mister system, and the #5 Oring fits perfectly.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Jankypirate
03-20-2011, 07:05 AM
I did this last year and I can confirm that fountain pump simply are not powerful enough. I had a few laying around and that was my first idea.

If you have access to an old refrigerator or RO water filter though those pumps work GREAT. They are powerful enough and they have a sensor that tells them what pressure to pump to then turns them off. I found a pump on craigslist and then bought a new 60psi sensor from the manufacturer for mine.

Much better than pumping by hand.

frozen pilgrim
03-20-2011, 07:42 AM
so what's your mist set up?

drinking cold beer

M Sparks
03-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Success

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188582_10150132909084850_756524849_6432554_2545297 _n.jpg

Same set up as above. Ran about 80 minutes on 2 gallons. The o-rings I bought turned out to be too small, but I stretched them over the tubing anyway, then added the o-ring that came with the sprayer wand (which was too big on it's own). Amazingly, they kind of locked together and don't leak at all.

lovethelake
03-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Success

Same set up as above. Ran about 80 minutes on 2 gallons.

Glad it worked out. The system is so simple but brilliant. I have a funny feeling we are going to see a lot of setups like ours at camping this year because of this thread...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-22-2011, 07:38 AM
HOLY SHIT! Guys.... The 2gallon misting tank can duel as a shower. Unhook your mist rig, apply the spray nozzle back on....

NachoCat
03-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Success

Same set up as above. Ran about 80 minutes on 2 gallons. The o-rings I bought turned out to be too small, but I stretched them over the tubing anyway, then added the o-ring that came with the sprayer wand (which was too big on it's own). Amazingly, they kind of locked together and don't leak at all.

80 min?! thats impressive! nice

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-22-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=10098757

This is the cheapest I've found of these, and they seem like they will work for the weekend.

PlayaDelWes
03-22-2011, 08:28 AM
To quote PF from four years ago, I'm curious about wet grass. Do the misters end up making mud and puddles or is the volume of water so small that it's no big deal?

i hate that there isnt lots of mud caused by the lack of misters everywhere. i love mud.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
To quote PF from four years ago, I'm curious about wet grass. Do the misters end up making mud and puddles or is the volume of water so small that it's no big deal?

The water will like evaporate in just a few minutes with Indio heat. I mean if that was the case, the Do Lab would look like Lollapalooza and be completely mud.

Still suggest getting a small kiddy pool though if you're going to use the spray bottle for a shower.

chiapet
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
The Do Lab does get a little muddy, but only where they have water hoses going and such. You won't end up with mud from taking showers at camp.

lovethelake
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
HOLY SHIT! Guys.... The 2gallon misting tank can duel as a shower. Unhook your mist rig, apply the spray nozzle back on....

Holy shit, are you cereal? How's the water pressure for showering compare with the gravity solar showers? I bought a big 5 gallon one that lasts about 8 minutes, but it is a nice amount of water. Is the 2 gallon pump/nozzle more of a drizzle shower?

And yeah as people are saying I'm not worried about mud, that shit will evaporate quick.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Holy shit, are you cereal? How's the water pressure for showering compare with the gravity solar showers? I bought a big 5 gallon one that lasts about 8 minutes, but it is a nice amount of water. Is the 2 gallon pump/nozzle more of a drizzle shower?

And yeah as people are saying I'm not worried about mud, that shit will evaporate quick.

You can have a small drizzle or a high pressure one, you just have to pump the water tank. So you can have a fast one or slow one. And it will work a lot better than a solar shower.

Media Blitz
03-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Went to TWO Home Depot's this week to get the mister system, and of course it was the same ordeal as lovethelake. Said they had 20 in stock, but NOBODY COULD FIND THEM! Hoping they'll get put out closer to spring, since they had just started putting out the other misters and cooling equipment. Got the pump though. Now to continue my mission for these damn misters...

Edit: Woops, supposed to be posted from fear_the_tree

Edit #2: YES! ITS ON AMAZON WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Its a couple dollars more, but I'll save that in gas and time.

lovethelake
03-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Went to TWO Home Depot's this week to get the mister system, and of course it was the same ordeal as lovethelake. Said they had 20 in stock, but NOBODY COULD FIND THEM! Hoping they'll get put out closer to spring, since they had just started putting out the other misters and cooling equipment. Got the pump though. Now to continue my mission for these damn misters...

Edit #2: YES! ITS ON AMAZON WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Its a couple dollars more, but I'll save that in gas and time.

Make sure you get the 1/4" system from Amazon, it is easily confused with the 3/8" system. While I have no doubts that 3/8" will work just as well despite being slightly bigger (50% wider tubing), I'm thinking about pressure/rate of flow/adapting it to the hand pump. The 1/4" system I have fits pretty well into the handpump I have; I'm not so sure that 3/8" would fit very well or even at all with the O-ring in the handpump rig. Also, logically, I'd imagine that 3/8" would go through a lot more water, which would be quite a debbie downer given that we're in a desert and having lots of water is inconvenient.

Long story short: get the 1/4" system not the 3/8" system, simply because:
IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT

Virrago
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm a delicate flower, so I think a misting system is going to save my ass this year. It's been cold and rainy all week in the Bay Area so I have a hard time comprehending just how hot it's going to be, but from all accounts it'll be intense. I don't have time to go to a Home Depot, so is this going to be okay?

http://www.amazon.com/RL-Flo-Master-Gallon-Economy-Sprayer/dp/B004M1DIMK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2NMHAW951K206&colid=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Portable-Outdoor-Cooling/dp/B000P0KSXO/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I99OH3FXUXFSL&colid=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

lovethelake
03-26-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm a delicate flower, so I think a misting system is going to save my ass this year. It's been cold and rainy all week in the Bay Area so I have a hard time comprehending just how hot it's going to be, but from all accounts it'll be intense. I don't have time to go to a Home Depot, so is this going to be okay?

http://www.amazon.com/RL-Flo-Master-Gallon-Economy-Sprayer/dp/B004M1DIMK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2NMHAW951K206&colid=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Portable-Outdoor-Cooling/dp/B000P0KSXO/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I99OH3FXUXFSL&colid=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

It will *probably* work just fine. I have that exact same mister, and I also have a pump sprayer by the same brand (but not the same model/series; you are looking at the 3 gallon economy, I purchased the 2 gallon premium). But in the event that the two parts don't fit together as perfectly as you might want, you'll have to end up going to home depot anyway to make them fit. How do you not have time to go to Home Depot? I'm in the bay area too, I've managed to put "create kick-ass mister system for Coachella at Home Depot" on my schedule despite this shitty rainy weather, so you can too. But again, you might just do fine with your amazon shopping. But just in case, you might have to visit Home Depot anyway. Let's hope that sprayer you are eyeing is perfect. If you want to be safe, just get the same sprayer that I mentioned in the #2nd post of this thread. Again, you might just be fine though with the one you are eyeing.

lovethelake
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
canopy + solar shower = awesome.

canopy + solar shower + 2 gallon spray tank to get pressurized shower = even more awesome.

Are you saying you're plugging your pump sprayer into your solar shower somehow? Or are you just straight up using the nozzle that comes with the pump sprayer...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Are you saying you're plugging your pump sprayer into your solar shower somehow? Or are you just straight up using the nozzle that comes with the pump sprayer...

Nozzle from the pump sprayer. So disconnect the mister, connect the nozzle, and you're set. Pressurized water at your camp site.

Media Blitz
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Do you remember the exact size of the o-ring you bought?

lovethelake
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
See comment #21 in this same thread... 1.5 page long thread isn't THAT hard to read through...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2077551&postcount=21

lovethelake
03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Nozzle from the pump sprayer. So disconnect the mister, connect the nozzle, and you're set. Pressurized water at your camp site.

I know I can find this out for myself but it's cold and dark out and I'm lazy, so I'll either wait till morning, or just get a response from you... but anyway how does the pressure/volume of water compare to a standard 5-gallon solar shower? Does it go through water a lot faster with the stock nozzle compared to the misters plugged in? I mean it obviously can't go through as much water as my shower... that thing lasts 8 minutes for 5 gallons, but it's a very nice volume/water flow. Obviously not much pressure since it's just gravity, but nice volume. But I hate thinking about using 5 gallons of water with the solar shower in 8 minutes when I know 2 gallons of water lasts 1.5 hours when misting...

Media Blitz
03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
How did I miss that? Commence calling me retarded.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I know I can find this out for myself but it's cold and dark out and I'm lazy, so I'll either wait till morning, or just get a response from you... but anyway how does the pressure/volume of water compare to a standard 5-gallon solar shower? Does it go through water a lot faster with the stock nozzle compared to the misters plugged in? I mean it obviously can't go through as much water as my shower... that thing lasts 8 minutes for 5 gallons, but it's a very nice volume/water flow. Obviously not much pressure since it's just gravity, but nice volume. But I hate thinking about using 5 gallons of water with the solar shower in 8 minutes when I know 2 gallons of water lasts 1.5 hours when misting...

It would depend on how much you pump it, the spray nozzle may increase the pressure, I haven't personally tested it, but for simplicity sake let's say it does use 8min for 5 gallons, you still get more bang for your buck because you can spray when needed not constantly flowing. So you get wet, apply soap, etc. spray the water, and you're set.

baily
03-29-2011, 08:31 AM
The plans here are GREAT!!! anyone smart enough to read this would be wise to invest in making it...you'll be surprised at the looks others give when they see it.

We have one I made for tailgating....and EVERYONE during the summer months comes by and is shocked by how cool it is that we have misters set up at our tailgating....and many ask if they can hang out for a bit.

it's a very neat item to have...and if you don't live in the desert you could sell it at the end of the festival as I'm sure someone around you will want it.

lovethelake
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
It would depend on how much you pump it, the spray nozzle may increase the pressure, I haven't personally tested it, but for simplicity sake let's say it does use 8min for 5 gallons, you still get more bang for your buck because you can spray when needed not constantly flowing. So you get wet, apply soap, etc. spray the water, and you're set.

Did some tests today. I started out with 2 gallons, and pumped that thing pretty hard, then opened the nozzle, noted the time, and walked away. 5 minutes later came back to give it some more pumps. The pressure had gone down significantly, but that was more because since the tank started off so full I could only pump it about 10 times before there was too much resistance to continue pumping. Pumped it another 20 times, walked away. 5 minutes later came back, it was still spraying just as strong as it was when I had left, and about a gallon of water was gone.

Based on this single result of highly scientific and methodological test, I deduce that at a gallon lasts about 10 minutes under CONSTANT strong pressure. And of course we won't be using it constantly, (get wet turn off soap up turn back on rinse off done) And by strong pressure I mean strong relative to what the pumper is actually capable of. It's not strong like a real shower, but I'm definitely returning my solar shower. This method owns hard.

Curious though, how are we going to make our sprayer wands high enough for that shower experience? The little hose from my tank to my spray wand is only like 3 feet long, so obviously I can't have the tank sitting on the ground unless I feel like laying on the ground and have someone spray me down like a weed-infested bush.

jelwell
03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not as industrious. So I just bought this:
http://www.mistymate.com/cool-camper-6.html

Although I ordered it from Amazon. It's unclear, but I hope it's the same product:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z7XL9M

Joseph Elwell.

lovethelake
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm not as industrious. So I just bought this:
http://www.mistymate.com/cool-camper-6.html

Holy shit. That thing costs $70 bucks? And it's only 6 feet of actual misting line? I mean by all means, you do you, but...
The set up we are talking about here is 10 feet of misting line, and easily 60%-70% cheaper. Now I have a better idea on how much to start the bidding at on Monday for the campground auction for my misting rig.

EDIT:
actually though, this looks pretty good, might have to pull the trigger on this one...
http://www.mistymate.com/high-pressure-misting-fan-12-nozzle.html

jelwell
03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Holy shit. That thing costs $70 bucks? And it's only 6 feet of actual misting line? I mean by all means, you do you, but...
The set up we are talking about here is 10 feet of misting line, and easily 60%-70% cheaper. Now I have a better idea on how much to start the bidding at on Monday for the campground auction for my misting rig.

Your setup is significantly cheaper. My setup is shipped and ready to go. :) The Misty Mate has 10 feet of lead line, but indeed only 6 of misting. At the campground I suspect your could sell your setups for close to 80$ if it includes prefilled tanks of water.

EDIT:
actually though, this looks pretty good, might have to pull the trigger on this one...
http://www.mistymate.com/high-pressure-misting-fan-12-nozzle.html
That might be what Coachella has inside the venue.
Joseph Elwell.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Curious though, how are we going to make our sprayer wands high enough for that shower experience? The little hose from my tank to my spray wand is only like 3 feet long, so obviously I can't have the tank sitting on the ground unless I feel like laying on the ground and have someone spray me down like a weed-infested bush.

The one from Harbor Freight has a 4ft hose. So I suggest getting something to prop the tank on, a chair, stool, bucket, etc. and you're locked and loaded. With proper angling you might be able to set it on your hood or roof even

lovethelake
03-29-2011, 02:17 PM
For using my sprayer as a shower, Imma just use this
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f1/f17a7f03-ab9d-47a3-83fe-bea5dfb20f18_400.jpg
and hang the tank from my EZup by it's handle.
Simple solution that costs a few bucks. (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100159186/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)

When I'm misting, it goes back on the ground.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
For using my sprayer as a shower, Imma just use this
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f1/f17a7f03-ab9d-47a3-83fe-bea5dfb20f18_400.jpg
and hang the tank from my EZup by it's handle.
Simple solution that costs a few bucks. (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100159186/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)

When I'm misting, it goes back on the ground.

Just make sure you don't break your ez up

lovethelake
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah, even though I'm sort of confident that it can support the weight of 2 gallons, especially if I hang it as close to possible to one of the corners, I'll probably only fill it with a gallon when showering. Again, a gallon for showering last 10 minutes, which is PLENTY.

fear_the_tree
03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm going to be putting the tank on top of my car, which will be covered by a canopy. I'm attaching a tarp in a circle for a "private" shower. This is what I did last year with the help of velcro and bungie cords.

My canopy was able to hold a 2.5gal jug of water attached with bungie cords with no problems.

I will be getting a couple of these to store non-potable water.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trails-5-gallon-fold-a-carrier-water-container/10098757?sourceid=1500000000000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10098757

lovethelake
03-31-2011, 12:37 AM
After some lazy research, most water containers on the net/bricknmortar stores max out at 5 gallons. I found these 7 gallon ones. (http://www.rei.com/product/618168)I bought two of them today.

Also, I made a decision regarding showers. (this almost warrants it's own "using your mist system pump as a shower" thread) Didn't buy that little S-hook I posted earlier; instead, I bought this S-biner today. (http://www.rei.com/product/783329)It's a foot long and rated for 100 pounds. It'll easily attach my pump tank to my canopy. (for showers)

covered by a canopy. I'm attaching a tarp in a circle for a "private" shower.

I will be doing basically the same thing; putting up either sheets or more tarp or whatever within the confines of my EZup to make a private shower.

fear_the_tree
03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
After some lazy research, most water containers on the net/bricknmortar stores max out at 5 gallons. I found these 7 gallon ones. (http://www.rei.com/product/618168)I bought two of them today.

Also, I made a decision regarding showers. (this almost warrants it's own "using your mist system pump as a shower" thread) Didn't buy that little S-hook I posted earlier; instead, I bought this S-biner today. (http://www.rei.com/product/783329)It's a foot long and rated for 100 pounds. It'll easily attach my pump tank to my canopy.

I will be doing basically the same thing; putting up either sheets or more tarp or whatever within the confines of my EZup to make a private shower.

Hopefully I'll be good with just bungie cords again.

I saw those 7gal ones, but I like that these are collapsible. These are cheaper too. I know I'm gonna have to make at least one ralphs trip, so I can bring these along with me to fill up again. Plus if I fill up my 5gal camp shower + 2gal tank I think I'll be ok.

lovethelake
03-31-2011, 01:24 AM
I saw those 7gal ones, but I like that these are collapsible. These are cheaper too.

I definitely considered those, but after reading mixed reviews, and realizing (albeit for more money) that I could store more water with no leakage, I opted for the 7 gallon ones. But I'm sure it'll be fine for you, and I'm just being paranoid and overly cautious.

juloxx
03-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Here's my set up, and it works PERFECTLY, for under $30! Will attach it to my EZ-up canopy. It comes with 10 feet (6 nozzles) of misting line (perfect for one side of my EZ up) and another 10 feet of non-misting line to run down to the ground/handpump.

I bought this mister system (6 nozzles, $13) It normally is intended to hook into a garden hose, so I just cut off the garden hose connector end, and easily adapted it to my pump.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100373179/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and this 2 gallon hand pump (45 PSI, $18)
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100350719/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thank you for the info, you made my Coachella experience that much better

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-31-2011, 08:41 AM
They had them in stock at my Home Depot but they had to go in the back and open up some pallets. Most Home Depots are getting these but they won't be set up yet as they are going to be up for the next quarter. Be forceful if you have to guys if their system says they have them, make them go look.

fear_the_tree
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
They had them in stock at my Home Depot but they had to go in the back and open up some pallets. Most Home Depots are getting these but they won't be set up yet as they are going to be up for the next quarter. Be forceful if you have to guys if their system says they have them, make them go look.

I made the poor employee go search for about 20 minutes and still couldn't find ANYTHING. Amazon.com has basically supplied everything I need for coachella this year. Hahaha.

lovethelake
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
i made 2 employees search the shelves, then the back room/receiving, then back to the aisles up high on ladders... they told me the item # so I could help look from the ground to see if I could spot the box with the correct 6 digit item #. I ended up being the one who found the box first, to the employees disbelief. From initial contact with an employee, until I was holding the mister in my hands, was about half an hour. But totally worth it.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM

Home Depot here in Oregon and Washington do not have the mister system so I found a 1/8" set up on Costco.com and it works very well and uses less water than the 1/4" system. We got 2 of them and 1 of the 1/4" ones just in case, but the 1/8" is great actually and provides plenty of mist from the distance of the canopy to a chair under it. It is $19.99 though and no extra cost for shipping. For anyone else that does not have any available at Home Depot here is the link for Costco's: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11293723&search=misting+system&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=4014757&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=misting+system&eCat=BC|50126&Ntt=misting+system&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

lovethelake
04-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Home Depot here in Oregon and Washington do not have the mister system so I found a 1/8" set up on Costco.com and it works very well and uses less water than the 1/4" system. We got 2 of them and 1 of the 1/4" ones just in case, but the 1/8" is great actually and provides plenty of mist from the distance of the canopy to a chair under it. It is $19.99 though and no extra cost for shipping. For anyone else that does not have any available at Home Depot here is the link for Costco's: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11293723&search=misting+system&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=4014757&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=misting+system&eCat=BC|50126&Ntt=misting+system&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Have you hooked it up and tested it yet? how long does it last you/how much water an hour?

jasonkadams
04-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone want to build me one of these and ship it my way by the 13th? Happy to pay for your time. Normally I'd pull this off myself, but I'm going to be out of the country until the day before coachella.

Seems like you guys have come up with the perfect shower/mist system.

lovethelake
04-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Build that shit on thursday then! It takes minutes to assemble.

SeantheJeweler
04-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Anybody try using this one or something similar? 4 gallon capacity would be cool, guess it doesn't really matter but I wonder if it works any different?

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1494.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garden/sprayers/4-gallon-backpack-sprayer-65040.html

lovethelake
04-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't know why it wouldn't work, it just needs to be able to provide enough pressure. My sprayer specifically lists 45 PSI, and you don't want to go much lower than that. I don't see a PSI for the one you listed, but as long as it can crank out 45 psi it should work.

Jankypirate
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
When you all get tired of constantly manually pumping your sprayers, come visit my camp and relax on the couch while an electric pump does all the work and an oscillating fan blows the mist around :D

Itll be at the 30' Pirate Flag

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-12-2011, 08:19 AM
When you all get tired of constantly manually pumping your sprayers, come visit my camp and relax on the couch while an electric pump does all the work and an oscillating fan blows the mist around :D

You realize you only have to pump it like 10 times or so in the beginning then like once every so often, if that haha it's not like it's exhausting or anything.

lovethelake
04-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Oscillating fan? That shit's for sissies. I'm towing in my hurricane simulator; it doesn't specifically say in the rules "NO HURRICANE SIMULATORS". Oh, and some 40' stakes to keep my shit from flying away.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PkcS5vNbs-0/TMAYsT03jzI/AAAAAAAACDo/ZKrCdVdouoQ/s1600/green+roofs+florida+hurricane+simulator.jpg

If you get tired of constantly being surrounded by smelly dudes dressed as pirates who are way into being in pirate character, come visit my camp.

It'll be at the campsite with a pump sprayer mister system using the natural indio breeze cooling down attractive blonde drunk/high chicks in their 20's, using our slip n slide. I know there is an outside chance there may be multiple campsites that look like this, so you take a gamble on approaching the right one.

lovethelake
04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
You realize you only have to pump it like 10 times or so in the beginning then like once every so often, if that haha it's not like it's exhausting or anything.

^ This.

When he asks us to help jump start his dead car battery on Monday morning I'm going to smile, wink, and hand him some sort of handpump jumpstarter and drive away giggling harshly.

Jankypirate
04-13-2011, 08:30 AM
I figured that pressure would fall below the 40+ psi required for the nozzles pretty quickly? but Ive never made a hand pumped mister system before..

Either way I put my system together for less than $50 using a craigslist pump and it was proven last year. My trucks diesel so the dual batteries last a looong time.

No need for the aggression lovethelake :D

lovethelake
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I figured that pressure would fall below the 40+ psi required for the nozzles pretty quickly? but Ive never made a hand pumped mister system before..

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

You'd have to sit there a long time and basically forget about the misters before they stopped cranking out mist.

Kmtisme
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Oh man, I want to make one of these simple hand pump setups so bad, but no misting hose in stock anywhere near me...

maverickchan
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
I had my friend buy the mist hose at the HD near her, and I bought the sprayer and #5 oring. We're putting it together when we meet up. What do I need for assembly? Just some scissors to cut the hose connector off?

lovethelake
04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
bingo. just scissors.don't forget the screw cap that comes with the sprayer intended for attaching the nozzle! setting it up will take 2 minutes

lovethelake
04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
The mist rig was great success! At one point on Sunday while waiting for later sets to start, we unhooked the mister rig, reattached the sprayer nozzle that came with the pump tank, and then just started blasting people in our campsite at point blank range for even more extreme mist-tastic relief.

2+2=5
04-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for all the work. I didn't see this thread before coachella but will have one of these ready to go for a memorial day music festival in the moab desert memorial day weekend.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
10-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Best thread ever, if you used a Mist rig ahaha. It was soooo cold ;)

Afgryder
10-31-2011, 10:49 PM
I went ahead with the hand pump set-up this year. Everything tested perfect at home and worked well in the first day or two at Coachella. I started running into one problem tho, some of the mister heads stopped working. I concluded that this was because they were clogged. Anybody else have this problem?

I had two 6 gallon jugs filled with tap water that I used to fill the pump with. I think that the problem was the tap water because its not purified. Deciding whether to fill the jugs up with distilled water next time, bring extra nozzle heads, or figure out a way to clean the original ones on site.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I went ahead with the hand pump set-up this year. Everything tested perfect at home and worked well in the first day or two at Coachella. I started running into one problem tho, some of the mister heads stopped working. I concluded that this was because they were clogged. Anybody else have this problem?

I had two 6 gallon jugs filled with tap water that I used to fill the pump with. I think that the problem was the tap water because its not purified. Deciding whether to fill the jugs up with distilled water next time, bring extra nozzle heads, or figure out a way to clean the original ones on site.

Shouldn't have made that much of a difference I ran tap water all weekend, actually by Sunday I was filling up through the spicket on the shower trailer.

Are you sure you had enough pressure to get through all of the nozzles. Also it is possible they could have gotten clogged through dirt.

Goatchella
11-02-2011, 04:27 PM
fuck mist, 55 gallon drums of water and dip stick squirt guns, sprayers opened up to full blast....soakchella.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
fuck mist, 55 gallon drums of water and dip stick squirt guns, sprayers opened up to full blast....soakchella.

Psh, sitting under a canopy in shade, the mister is on and you're drinking a nice cold one, coldchella and vacachella at its best.

Goatchella
11-03-2011, 10:05 AM
and then the goat comes through with a dipstick of ice water and blasts you outta your fucking chair and soaks your whole solar set up, sending your whole camp into flames.

Neighborhood Creep
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
and then the goat comes through with a dipstick of ice water and blasts you outta your fucking chair and soaks your whole solar set up, sending your whole camp into flames.

http://www.justforfun.co.uk/images/order/products/aru648.jpg

Dustin da DnB Soulja
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM

I hate it when my campsite goes up in flames

Goatchella
11-04-2011, 04:50 PM
me too....spray on sunscreen and a lighter to the tents.....see if ypur misters will put the fire out

ManImCool
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Shouldn't have made that much of a difference I ran tap water all weekend, actually by Sunday I was filling up through the spicket on the shower trailer.

I definitely was just filling up my 7-gallon jug through the shower trailer spigot as well, despite the glares from the people waiting behind me.

baily
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM

Hard Water causes the clogging issue. They have filters at Home Depot in the misting area that you can connect within the line that cleans that up.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/3c/3ce2aee8-4271-4a9c-b3af-ae0925e81f68_300.jpg
You can also take a small container of CLR and dip the heads in it then rinse them before attaching.

One trick - before attaching ANY heads to the unit (or if heads are on - TAKE THEM OFF)...pump water through the main line to clean out any dirt/dust/etc....you should do this after every storage. After 3 seconds of full lines open shut it off then attach the heads.....you'll be clear sailing.

The misty mate system I have is 100% AWESOME! Runs on a small battery - lasts for 13 hours on one charge and it's mist galore.

ManImCool
01-14-2012, 10:02 AM
:bump
People need to see this awesomeness.

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-15-2012, 07:20 AM
We did not use our misters last year at Coachella because we had to dump our water at security but we will be using them this year. I made 4 of them for last year and still wish we would have had them up. We did use them at a couple of other fests and on the river by our house and they worked so great! Seriously this just makes the time at the campsite much more comfortable in the 100 degrees that is Coachella.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
We did not use our misters last year at Coachella because we had to dump our water at security but we will be using them this year. I made 4 of them for last year and still wish we would have had them up. We did use them at a couple of other fests and on the river by our house and they worked so great! Seriously this just makes the time at the campsite much more comfortable in the 100 degrees that is Coachella.

By Sunday I filled water containers up at the showers to use the mister

Afgryder
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you very much for your helpful information. I will grab a couple of the filters and a bottle of CLR for good measure. I did not clean my lines when I put the set-up away, so I will definitely do that when I take it out of storage.

mplsbump
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM

We didn't have a problem bringing in 60 gallons of water last year in 5 gallon collapsible jugs. {Three of which were leakers even though they were brand new/good thing I had placed them inside of plastic bags as they were filled and loaded} I wonder if other campers were made to dump their water by security. Is there anything worth expanding on why they made you dump your water? I know every search is the luck of the draw as it seems but I was not aware of anything stating water couldn't be brought in the camping area.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I only brought in 1 gallon jugs, about 10 or 15 of them w/o any harassment

Most security won't harass you, but I also imagine it's the containers water is brought in as well

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-16-2012, 08:10 AM
We tried to be "smart" but ended up "dumb" and brought a 50 gallon drum of water in the pickup (we had to pay the guy at the motel $50 to let us fill up the container!!!) and security made us dump it out at the check in. Said we could be trying to sell it of all things! They also almost would not let us bring in bikes of all things and our propane tank for the grill which in the rules said it was OK but security disagreed. I pretty much wanted to murder everyone by then:-) Then of course very few of our group was allowed to park close to each other which really ruined my day. Unfortunately I let it set the tone for the whole weekend and I was not that happy at last years Coachella because so many of the things I planned just did not work out.

What it did teach me is that at Coachella you really just have to go with the flow and not stress on the little shit. We really come for the music and all the wonderful people you meet and hang with and that is what your focus should be, not the most amazing camp spot:-)

I am sure 5 gallon containers would be fine. We just had such a large group I was trying to take care of everyone and it did not work. We will be bringing lots of water this year but in smaller containers and spread out through all our vehicles instead of all of it in one truck.

euphonicfiend
01-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey guys I know you are all awesome and have been making your own misters but I found this before - A. Knew about this forum and B. Knew you could build your own. Anyways its super cheap! It did get bad reviews on amazon but it doesn't have very many reviews either. Its only $22.10 and free shipping. I got one that will be arriving on Wednesday, Ill give up dates after I give it a try! I posted about this in another forum but figured It should belongs here too.

http://www.amazon.com/MistyMate-16600-Portable-Campsite-Misting/dp/B003Z7XL9M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1326820796&sr=8-6

ManImCool
01-17-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.amazon.com/MistyMate-16600-Portable-Campsite-Misting/dp/B003Z7XL9M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1326820796&sr=8-6

I ordered this cause its so cheap! If it works Ill be very happy! It got bad reviews on amazon but only had like 4 reviews total. $59.99 but its only $22.10 & Free shipping! I can just in vision myself happy under my canopy with this. It will be arriving on Wednesday and I will try it out just in case I need to send it back - I will give an up date on how well it works!

Damn I built mine for like the same cost, coulda saved on labor, lol.

Ignoring the bad reviews and low cost, I still like our rigs we have been making because we can take detach the misting system from our pump and turn it into a campsite shower. In fact, I'm going to try and upgrade my old rig from last year (exact same as post #2 in this thread) from the 5 nozzle system to this 11 nozzle system (http://www.amazon.com/MistyMate-16020-Patio-Outdoor-Misting/dp/B001EJHTAA/ref=pd_sim_ol_5) for only $13. Only concern will be if our pumps can put out enough PSI for all 11 of those mist heads. If not, no big deal, I'll revert back to my awesome 5 nozzle system from last year.

For people that haven't made any rigs yet, and don't mind waiting for an hour to use the trailer showers in the morning, then the MistyMate premade one that Euphonic found might be a decent option. But again, bad reviews, so we'll see what Euphonic says when it arrives in the mail.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Ignoring the bad reviews and low cost, I still like our rigs we have been making because we can take our mist nozzles off and turn it into a campsite shower. In fact, I'm going to try and upgrade my old rig from last year (exact same as post #2 in this thread) from the 5 nozzle system to this 11 nozzle system (http://www.amazon.com/MistyMate-16020-Patio-Outdoor-Misting/dp/B001EJHTAA/ref=pd_sim_ol_5) for only $13. Only concern will be if our pumps can put out enough PSI for all 11 of those mist heads. If not, no big deal, I'll revert back to my awesome 5 nozzle system from last year.

For people that haven't made any rigs yet, and don't mind waiting for an hour to use the trailer showers in the morning, then the MistyMate premade one that Euphonic found might be a decent option. But again, bad reviews, so we'll see what Euphonic says when it arrives in the mail.

I don't know, 11 of them you might run into PSI problems, or have to pump it a lot more than last time you'll run out of water pretty fast too I imagine.

ManImCool
01-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm kind of thinking that's most likely going to be the case, but it's a gamble I'm willing to waste $13 on to test it here at home on this freezing California day in January.

daneskiiiz
01-17-2012, 12:34 PM
My friends and I bought a bunch of these at Ride-Aid and it was by far the most clutch item we bought all weekend. A water vendor next to our camp spot let us refill them with his ice-water, and security let us take them into the festival as long as they were empty. People were so thankful to get sprayed inside the tents. Highly recommend purchasing a few of these. they were only $6 each, and you can set it on a straight spray or a mist setting.

TheClares
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
we also went a similar way for portable mist, getting this from home depot...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100164531/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

People were literally begging us to spray them, and filling was easy at the refill stations. Great for just chilling out at the campsite as well, in addition to our larger mist system under the shade structure.

euphonicfiend
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey guys I know you are all awesome and have been making your own misters but I found this before - A. Knew about this forum and B. Knew you could build your own. Anyways its super cheap! It did get bad reviews on amazon but it doesn't have very many reviews either. Its only $22.10 and free shipping. I got one that will be arriving on Wednesday, Ill give up dates after I give it a try! I posted about this in another forum but figured It should belongs here too.

Hey everyone! So I got the update on the misty mister.. well sort of. I ordered 1 and the box had been opened and it looked used and dirty. I returned the 1st one hoping the 2nd would be better. The 2nd one looked the same so I just sent it back. Both items had clearly been opened and used. Sooo I returned them both. From the feel of it, it seemed cheaply made and flimsy. Luckily amazon has a great return policy & UPS does pick ups at my job so I sent it back very easy and got my $$ back. I will be making my own. This thread is great! thanks for all the info!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone! So I got the update on the misty mister.. well sort of. I ordered 1 and the box had been opened and it looked used and dirty. I returned the 1st one hoping the 2nd would be better. The 2nd one looked the same so I just sent it back. Both items had clearly been opened and used. Sooo I returned them both. From the feel of it, it seemed cheaply made and flimsy. Luckily amazon has a great return policy & UPS does pick ups at my job so I sent it back very easy and got my $$ back. I will be making my own. This thread is great! thanks for all the info!

Hmmm interesting, good luck. Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

euphonicfiend
01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Hmmm interesting, good luck. Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

Thanks! This thread has encouraged me to be a " Handy woMAN" I will definitely ask for help if I need it. Home Depot has 30 pumps right now and Ill order the misting system from amazon since its out of stock at the home depot near me. Thinking about making 2. Thanks again! I'm excited to put it together.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks! This thread has encouraged me to be a " Handy woMAN" I will definitely ask for help if I need it. Home Depot has 30 pumps right now and Ill order the misting system from amazon since its out of stock at the home depot near me. Thinking about making 2. Thanks again! I'm excited to put it together.

Do you have a sport chalet near you? They have them there

euphonicfiend
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Do you have a sport chalet near you? They have them there

There is a sport chalet near the home depot I go to. Ill check there! thanks!

mekanism
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
For those of you that are too lazy to pump and have some money to burn this system looks cool.

http://www.canopycool.com/

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Fuck mist...it's all about heavy duty dipstick squirtguns

melissaur
03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I'd just like to thank this thread for hooking me up. I had trouble finding the misting system at HD at first, and had a few employees picking around but most of them gave up pretty quickly and wrote it off "seasonal, our stock number is wrong." But it was wrong by TWENTY, so I refused to give up. Finally the manager walked over to plumbing and realized that...OH, there they were! Just 10 minutes before, she was the one telling me they DEFINITELY didn't have them--so she handed it to me for FREE:) Which leaves me with a $18 system. Awesome.

underthedeep
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
just went to go pick up my set up today at home depot.

got back and assembled the tubing to the nozzle, fit like a glove.

but my hand pump seems to be missing a crucial piece, unless i'm overlooking something?

i don't know how i'm going to create pressure with a big hole in my tank

going to home depot today to get a new pump.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-31-2012, 04:21 PM

but my hand pump seems to be missing a crucial piece, unless i'm overlooking something?

Is a valve or something supposed to be there? I have a diff. tank so I dunno, ha

euphonicfiend
04-02-2012, 07:48 AM

I have the same pump and the same hole. I think it is supposed to be there. Haven't tried my mist set up with water yet. Trying it out tonight!

EDIT : lovethelakes picture of this pump has the same hole..

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Just got our misting stuff out yesterday, 3 misters working perfectly:-) With the extended weather forecast for Indio calling for mid 90's by the 12th we will be needing them!

euphonicfiend
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I tested my mister! it is amazing! whats so spectacular about this set up is it is soo freakin easy! THANK YOU! If this thread was not created I wouldn't have this amazing contraption!

PrettyToneBK
04-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Nice thread, may go for a 4 gallon hand pump or maybe an electric. Good work people **slaps you on the ass like a team mate**

gfjigi
04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
my mister isn't really misting, it's more like dripping droplets outwards, and the last 2 out of the 4-5 nozzles aren't even working

Dumbfound
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Clean out the nozzles with a needle.

underthedeep
04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Returned my previous unit with the missing plug

GOT a new unit with a YELLOW PLUG where the hole was.

everything works dandy.

see you all soon! happy coachella!

vogina
04-08-2012, 07:21 PM
we also went a similar way for portable mist, getting this from home depot...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100164531/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

People were literally begging us to spray them, and filling was easy at the refill stations. Great for just chilling out at the campsite as well, in addition to our larger mist system under the shade structure.

I picked up two of these at the Home Depot today. $6.47 a piece. Tried them out - AWESOME. I also picked up a $80 black sunshade felt cloth that is 6'X50'.

That size is the perfect dimensions for those blue EZ ups. It will cover from floor to top with the 6' and will wrap around 40' with an extra 10' to cut in half and make into a door.

gfjigi
04-09-2012, 08:58 PM
holy crap I didn't realize there were NOZZLES you attach. Thanks dumbfound! looks like I jumped the gun on this one, it works beautifully. and the nozzle will work as a shower for sure. This is good stuff.

wesbrew
04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Maybe because it was 2am and I waited until the last minute to set my misting rig up but I couldnt get it to mist for the life of me it just pumped out water in drops....then I woke up this morning and realized I hadn't attached the misting nozzles to the hose.

Works perfect now. Thanks for all the info guys!

Majour
04-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Thanks to OP. Mister worked perfectly. Bought the pump @ Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100350719/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=flo+master+2+gallon+pump&storeId=10051), ordered the Mister Kit on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Portable-Outdoor-Cooling/dp/B000P0KSXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334747672&sr=8-2) since Home Depot said it wasn't "in season" yet, waited a couple days for it to arrive, and put it together in less than 10 mins.

I did use the O-ring that came with it and it worked fine, although you'd probably have stronger pressure with a properly-sized 1/4" one. However, our group found the light misting to be more than enough to keep cool. Also, we didnt use the clips that came with the kit (which are probably better at aiming the nozzles downward) and instead used zip ties due to convenience in attaching to the canopy bars.

Worked so well it even inspired me to diagram our campsite's set-up, seeing as I'm a visual person and all.

Majour
04-18-2012, 03:59 AM
It's supposed to be ultra friggin hot for Week #2 which we are also going to, so it'll come in more handy. And it didn't take up that much space in the car. Here's the full set up on site.

stranger123
04-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice diagram Majour. This misting set up is pretty awesome. Easy and affordable. Though getting the misters was the biggest hassle. They told me it wasn't in season, despite the fact it said they were in stock online. I even tried ordering online and they cancelled my order. It turns out they did have the misters and it was in the outdoor/gardening section and not the plumbing section. Pretty awesome set-up though. Glad I got it.

natureboy
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Going to do this for sure this year. Thanks!

ManImCool
02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Looking forward to busting out the mister system again this year. Did not need it last year at weekend 1/overcastchella.

GDSD573
02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12327767

Just bought one othese for my canopy.

Y0UNGBL00D
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
for people who have done the Ez-up + mister camp setup, was there any problems with your stuff getting wet? our plan is to have the ex-up with walls of either sheet or the tarp sets they make, and have our air mattress in side it as a big tent. during the day, my plan was to roll up a wall or too and start misting using the DIY setup, but the gf is concerned that bedding, belongings, etc. will be soaked. only using the mister if its hot we2, obviously, so i would think evap would solve this. any actual experiences?

Y0UNGBL00D
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM
just assembled mine. works great!

mischaw78
03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
The 2gal hand pump linked in post #2 has horrible reviews on Home Depot's website. Has anyone had problems with it in their misting setup? Amazon has some better reviewed 2 gal pumps by Chapin, but they are more expensive.

ManImCool
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
The 2gal hand pump linked in post #2 has horrible reviews on Home Depot's website. Has anyone had problems with it in their misting setup? Amazon has some better reviewed 2 gal pumps by Chapin, but they are more expensive.

I have the exact same hand pump as in the #2 instructions, and have had zero problems with it for the misting setup. Without looking at reviews, I'm sure none of the negative reviews use it in the manner we are using it for. If you don't trust that particular pump by all means spend your money on something else.

mischaw78
03-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks, ManImCool. By the way, I picked up the Logitech Wireless Boombox and it is awesome.

robxrod
03-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks to OP. Mister worked perfectly. Bought the pump @ Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100350719/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=flo+master+2+gallon+pump&storeId=10051), ordered the Mister Kit on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Portable-Outdoor-Cooling/dp/B000P0KSXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334747672&sr=8-2) since Home Depot said it wasn't "in season" yet, waited a couple days for it to arrive, and put it together in less than 10 mins.

I did use the O-ring that came with it and it worked fine, although you'd probably have stronger pressure with a properly-sized 1/4" one. However, our group found the light misting to be more than enough to keep cool. Also, we didnt use the clips that came with the kit (which are probably better at aiming the nozzles downward) and instead used zip ties due to convenience in attaching to the canopy bars.

Worked so well it even inspired me to diagram our campsite's set-up, seeing as I'm a visual person and all.

awesome thanks

amyzzz
03-27-2013, 09:44 AM
:bump I had not even thought about doing this until someone mentioned it on another thread.

Y0UNGBL00D
03-27-2013, 10:39 AM

the one from this thread works absolutely perfectly. no problems yet.

mischaw78
03-27-2013, 12:42 PM
the one from this thread works absolutely perfectly. no problems yet.

Thanks for the feedback. The mister kit arrived yesterday from Amazon. Going to Home Depot tonight!

ManImCool
03-28-2013, 09:59 AM
I can't seem to find where I placed the original mister tubing from post #2 I got 2 years ago so I'm going to have to get another one. Thing is, I live in SF now and 9/10 times packages delivered to me WONT make it to me safely. So instead of ordering one online I'd much rather get one in a store. Thing is, they don't seem to be at any Home Depots even remotely close to me in late March. Are there any other major chain stores (that exist in the bay area) that people know that might have them at this time of the year?

mischaw78
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
I can't seem to find where I placed the original mister tubing from post #2 I got 2 years ago so I'm going to have to get another one. Thing is, I live in SF now and 9/10 times packages delivered to me WONT make it to me safely. So instead of ordering one online I'd much rather get one in a store. Thing is, they don't seem to be at any Home Depots even remotely close to me in late March. Are there any other major chain stores (that exist in the bay area) that people know that might have them at this time of the year?

Buy it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0KSXO/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it shipped to an Amazon Locker in SF. There seems to be plenty, some open 24hours: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200689010

ehiunno
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM

The amazon locker mischaw posted might work. I live in Oakland so I get similarly paranoid about packages being stolen if I can't stay home on the delivery day. I signed up for UPS MyChoice and that gives me the option to hold it at the sorting facility for pick-up at a later date. Its kind of annoying but works when I need it to.

casey
03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
So, my boyfriend used the instructions from post #2 to make our mister. We tested it out last night but we were getting nowhere near the one pump per one minute of misting like you guys were describing. We pumped it about 30x to get around 5 mins of misting. Any ideas or troubleshooting advice? I am pretty sure he followed the instructions exactly as listed...thanks in advance for any help we can get.

Y0UNGBL00D
03-31-2013, 02:50 PM
tighten your misting nozzles maybe to help keep some pressure?
check all of the other fittings for tightness.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
So, my boyfriend used the instructions from post #2 to make our mister. We tested it out last night but we were getting nowhere near the one pump per one minute of misting like you guys were describing. We pumped it about 30x to get around 5 mins of misting. Any ideas or troubleshooting advice? I am pretty sure he followed the instructions exactly as listed...thanks in advance for any help we can get.

tighten your misting nozzles maybe to help keep some pressure?
check all of the other fittings for tightness.

This, tighten everything up see if there are any leaks, also don't pump so much less pressure could be better try it about 20 or so

ManImCool
03-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah you're definitely losing pressure somewhere. Make sure the pressure release valve on the tank (the yellow circle thing on the tank in post #2) is tight. Also, o-ring might not be a perfect fit. Could even just be a faulty tank, and a quick return and exchange at the hardware store might be the fix.

casey
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Hmm okay...thanks, you guys! I'll have him check & see if he can fix it.

casey
03-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Okay, so he doublechecked everything and then re-tightened everything and the same thing happened. We don't think it's losing pressure because when the mister stops misting, we can release the valve and hear some air come out (meaning there is still pressure in the tank). Is it possible we need a looser o-ring...?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Okay, so he doublechecked everything and then re-tightened everything and the same thing happened. We don't think it's losing pressure because when the mister stops misting, we can release the valve and hear some air come out (meaning there is still pressure in the tank). Is it possible we need a looser o-ring...?

How much water is left in the tank? Did you try pumping less than the 30 times?

ManImCool
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Buy it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0KSXO/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it shipped to an Amazon Locker in SF. There seems to be plenty, some open 24hours: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200689010

Did this. Thank you so much! Amazon Locker is PERFECT for someone like me living in the city where if you have something delivered and left at your door, and if you aren't home chances are it won't be there when you do get home. Also, another bonus, the expected delivery day was today, but like most packages I assumed "by end of day". It was delivered to the Amazon Locker this morning at like 9AM. That's super awesome, not having to wait out the entire day.

purple3ye
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Set up this system and i have air pumping through the mist holes but no water. Any ideas?

Errant
04-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Is the straw that reaches to the bottom of the tank firmly attached?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Set up this system and i have air pumping through the mist holes but no water. Any ideas?

Make sure there are no holes or anything in the tubing either.

casey
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
I never came back in here before Coachella but I wanted to thank you guys for your helps and tips. We forgot the fasteners at home so our mister sort of dripped occasionally but overall it was a great success! Thanks so much for your help!

ManImCool
03-02-2014, 09:00 PM
this needs to be bumped for people that have missed out on this thread on previous years.

Bugaboo123
03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
It isn't that hot in April there

Drewski27
03-02-2014, 10:46 PM
shut up, you racist. it gets hot as fuck.

mlujan
03-03-2014, 05:31 PM
This thread saved my life 2 years ago in the 112 degree heat.

optimuscline
03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
This has been a life saver the past 2 Coachella's. I have had a problem arise each year though. The mister system seems to work great for the first day, but after that, the misters seem to become clogged. My best guess is maybe some grass clogging the system, as it seems far too quick for calcium to build up and clog. Anyone have any similar issues?

As an added bonus though, after the mister became clogged, we used the wand that comes with the pressure sprayer and it became a great makeshift cool-down water gun.

Ansel
03-29-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm trying to make this happen this year for Weekend 1! However, I'm a little unsure about the actual connection, and it looks like the original close-up picture from lovethelake is no longer available. Anyone have advice?

ManImCool
03-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Here you go, since apparently tinypic doesn't host images forever and the instructions of the first post no longer have one of the images.

1 o-ring should be sufficient but I have 3 crammed on there as a precaution.

http://i60.tinypic.com/jl2i6f.jpg

ManImCool
03-30-2014, 08:35 PM
This has been a life saver the past 2 Coachella's. I have had a problem arise each year though. The mister system seems to work great for the first day, but after that, the misters seem to become clogged. My best guess is maybe some grass clogging the system, as it seems far too quick for calcium to build up and clog. Anyone have any similar issues?

As an added bonus though, after the mister became clogged, we used the wand that comes with the pressure sprayer and it became a great makeshift cool-down water gun.

I just pulled my set out to see if it still ran and of course it's clogged from last year. A quick google search says that soaking the mister heads in white vinegar for at least 30 minutes should break down whatever's clogged in there. I'm going to try soaking overnight to see if this works, maybe with the help of a needle/safety pin. If not, I'll just order another misting line as it was only like $12.

As far as preventing it from getting clogged this year by day 3... does anyone have any ideas for filtering? I think I'm going to try rubberbanding a cotton ball over the water pickup inside the pump reservoir. Hopefully I still get enough pressure.

euphonicfiend
03-31-2014, 10:28 AM
I just pulled my set out to see if it still ran and of course it's clogged from last year. A quick google search says that soaking the mister heads in white vinegar for at least 30 minutes should break down whatever's clogged in there. I'm going to try soaking overnight to see if this works, maybe with the help of a needle/safety pin. If not, I'll just order another misting line as it was only like $12.

As far as preventing it from getting clogged this year by day 3... does anyone have any ideas for filtering? I think I'm going to try rubberbanding a cotton ball over the water pickup inside the pump reservoir. Hopefully I still get enough pressure.

If I remember correctly on pages 3,4, or 5 some people talked about filtration! I need to do this too! If I find it first I'll post.

cerpin taxt
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
The other day I picked up just a cheap $10 1 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer for "showering". To me it seems a lot better to spray myself off with that thing then wait for somewhat actual showers. More time to drink beer this way.

euphonicfiend
04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
The other day I picked up just a cheap $10 1 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer for "showering". To me it seems a lot better to spray myself off with that thing then wait for somewhat actual showers. More time to drink beer this way.

I usually go take a shower at 11am and there is no line ever, well that's kind of a lie I have had to wait an entire 5 mins. But the canopy mister system from this thread is KEY. Its amaze and I love it, and always get tons of compliments on its awesomeness.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I ran normal soap through the line (dish soap) and it cleaned out the line, I've never had a clog though. But I use water from 1 gallon jugs and not any festival water. I suggest spending 10-15 bucks and getting water in the gallon jugs or if you want to be eco-friendly get like a 10-20 gallon water jug like the Gatorade ones and then just use that water to fill up the mister system.

ManImCool
04-05-2014, 12:38 PM
FILTERED WATER! NO MORE CLOGGING, EVER!!!

Instead of attempting to make my own filter out of a cotton ball like I mentioned I would try earlier, I went to Home Depot and decided to do it properly.

I bought this filter (http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Icemaker-Filter-Refill-GXRTDR/202073877) meant for filtering fridge drinking water for $12. In the picture you'll see some clear plastic tubing on the left side that I bought (1/4" diameter, I believe, the same as the mist tubing), but realized after I got home that I could have just cut a few inches off of the misting line and used that instead. Make sure to connect it in the right direction, water is meant to only go one way through this filter (note the arrow in picture)

Anyways, I thought this might not work due to the water pressure possibly dropping significantly after going through the filter. NOT AT ALL. The mist comes out just as strong and fine of a mist as ever. If there's a drop in pressure, I did not notice it. For what it's worth, my misting nozzles are brand new and completely clear as I just replaced those, so who knows what happens if some of you try this same setup on your nozzles that are several years old and have possibly a little bit of junk in them.

WARNING READ BEFORE YOU TRY WARNING READ BEFORE YOU TRY
If you try and do this, MAKE SURE YOU PUMP AT LEAST 3 GALLONS OF WATER THROUGH THE FILTER BEFORE YOU CONNECT YOUR MIST SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME. You know how when you install a new Brita filter, you have a to run a bunch of water through it first to get those black dark carbon stuff out? Same with this thing, but X10000. A TON of that dark black stuff comes firing out of the end of the filter when you first use it, so make sure you pump at like 4 gallons of water through the filter first before attaching it to the mister (instructions say at least 2 gallons) or else you'll shoot all that dark black crap into your nozzles and probably instantly clog them.

This system isn't perfect nor does the tubing have what I would call a perfect seal, in fact I would leave this thing horizontal on the ground rather than have it up in the air hanging by it's own weight (although I may zip tie in onto a canopy leg, problem solved) but if this really works it will be nice to know I'll have perfect mist all 3 days without them clogging by the end of the weekend.

http://i60.tinypic.com/23kamo2.jpg

aschafer14
04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XxfZaLk.jpg
For those of you too lazy to pump a few times an hour I saw this at home depot while picking up my garden sprayer today. Runs off an 18v Ryobi battery and says it's good for up to 7hrs.
http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/03/arctic-cove-fan-misters-make-your-summer-cooler/