PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear at an outdoor fest

canexplain
03-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Ok so maybe this is really a dumb question, but its Friday and maybe I just feel like getting some flack from the board …. Why do you were what you do at a concert … I am talking mostly outdoor fests and not just a single one night concert … is it something that is really comfortable that you know you can were all day and be just that, comfortable … is it the latest concert shirt to show that you are cool … is it your first concert shirt to show how you have known a group for a long time … if you are a guy, is it just a pair of jeans and you take your shirt off to show off …. If you are a girl, is it trashy so you can look hot …. Is it the latest in name brands so you look hip … do you just throw on something and you don’t give a flip what it is or what people think …. I tend to wear patched jeans with one of my older concert shirts … when I wear say an early pink Floyd shirt from the 70’s, or my original Woodstock shirt, it is to elicit a conversation from the peeps walking by so I can meet new friends …. Maybe why I wrote this post is, I am thinking of wearing one of those hippie skirts or even a hippie type dress to the roo or a jammy fest … I like to think I am not homophobic at all, but the last thing I want people to think is I am gay ( its your choice gang, but I like only the gals) .. if it were a kilt, I don’t think most people would even think about it …. is that gay or too out there for most of the concert going folks (for the general populace and work that is a given) … so why do you wear what you wear at shows … cr****** I am going to loose what little creditability I have here with this post lol …..

DeltaSigChi4
03-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I wear a shirt with a HUGE RED e in the front.

Makes sure everyone knows who I am.

Sometimes I take that shirt off.

E

Tylerdurden31
03-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I wear the most comfortable thing possible regardless of how i look. Coachella in 2004 I looked like a 40 year old drunk at the beach.

sddoctor
03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
comfortable shoes and sunglasses are a must...everything else is fair game...wear whatever you feel comfortable in...

bartelby
03-09-2007, 07:11 AM
be comfy - it can be a tough day out there....no matter how 'hip' a shirt you wear you'll still look funny with giant pit stains and a sweaty back

bring a hat/visor/sombrero too...

invisiblerobots
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Assless chaps

bartelby
03-09-2007, 07:23 AM
but remember sunscreen for your ass

canexplain
Assless chaps

i like to stick out, but i think i will pass on that one yikes ...cr****

remember at some award show stern wore something like that ... no way lol

becomingcloser
comfort, comfort, comfort.

i usually rock the lightest shirt i can find that isn't see-through. something that'll breathe very well, but still keep the sun off of me. buttons are good, so the amount of skin exposed can be varied.

baggy shorts and boxers, so my balls can breathe.

good athletic socks and the most comfortable shoes i can find.

my maui jim sunglasses. expensive, but my eyes LOVE me.

...and my volcom military style hat that's been to every coachella i've gone to.

i'm definitely not worried about setting trends or making people think i'm cool just because i wear an old concert t.

kreutz2112
03-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Shorts, shirt or no shirt, under armour to prevent chafing, comfortable shoes and sunglasses. That is it.

becomingcloser
03-09-2007, 07:27 AM
under armour, eh? such as? i'm interested.

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 07:32 AM
T-shirt and jeans, hat. I don't wear sunglasses because I wear normal glasses.

canexplain
03-09-2007, 07:38 AM
i'm definitely not worried about setting trends or making people think i'm cool just because i wear an old concert t.
i dont wear old concert shirts to "be cool" but just to start up conversations with people i dont know .. cr*****

wow and no flack from the board, everyone must not have had their morning java yet .....

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
DAMNIT RON!!! We have FIVE MILLION THREADS on this SAME EXACT TOPIC!!!! ;)

menikmati
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
I heard Flea is going to be naked.

bartelby
03-09-2007, 07:44 AM
how original

AEversW
03-09-2007, 07:54 AM
I heard Flea is going to be naked.

another reason not to see the peppers.

becomingcloser
03-09-2007, 07:55 AM
i dont wear old concert shirts to "be cool" but just to start up conversations with people i dont know .. cr*****

wow and no flack from the board, everyone must not have had their morning java yet .....

wasn't meant as flack. just sayin' i know people that do that.

canexplain
03-09-2007, 07:55 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/DSC01924.jpg

comfy enough .. yep .... amy i didnt see any thread like this :(

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I think there are a few threads in the Questions forum. I was teasing though.

becomingcloser
03-09-2007, 08:06 AM

prescription sunglasses! i'm a believer.

it's kind of a pain in the ass to schlep a glasses case around with me all day and night for my two pairs of glasses, but my eyes love me.

AEversW
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
i wore socks with sandals in 2005...never again.

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't think I can afford prescription sunglasses. And I hate sunglasses anyway. I don't want to make a fashion statement with my eyes. It's also really hard to find any that look good on me.

becomingcloser
03-09-2007, 08:10 AM
i wore socks with sandals in 2005...never again.

that's such a weird look. i don't imagine it would be comfortable, either.

bartelby
03-09-2007, 08:11 AM
my shoes hurt last year so i just ended up barefoot for most of the days

AEversW
03-09-2007, 08:14 AM
that's such a weird look. i don't imagine it would be comfortable, either.

yeah i ended up ditching the sandals and walkied around in the socks. I left my shoes in bakersfield so i was fucked.

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 08:15 AM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/DSC01924.jpg

comfy enough .. yep .... amy i didnt see any thread like this :(

You go Ron.

TomAz
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM

how do you stand that? don't you get headaches?

TheGunslinger138
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Just don't wear the shirt of the band whose concert you're going to see. DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!!!

kreutz2112
03-09-2007, 08:57 AM
under armour, eh? such as? i'm interested.

http://www.barringtonsports.com/images/products/full/Under_Armour_Heat_Gear_Compression_Shorts.jpg

I had to go to Food4Less last year and buy gold bond medicated powder (I should have bought the cream). This year I will be chafe free wearing these.

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 09:02 AM
how do you stand that? don't you get headaches?
No, but I'm probably going to get some squinty crow's feet around my eyes eventually.

canexplain
03-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Just don't wear the shirt of the band whose concert you're going to see. DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!!!

i agree with that except i might be that guy .. i am trying to figure out that pic of me (i take such crappy pics but i am way past vain to really care) ... that is the polo field of course but no one is on it ... it must have been early on before the show .. and the shirt is from 04 i think even thought it has 05 on it (i think it was for I-5 and not the year ) ... well tnx for the comments, guess i will wear my skirt lol ... cr*****
as indiana jones said "its not the years, its the mileage" geez i qualify for both ....ron ****

TheGunslinger138
03-09-2007, 09:09 AM
as indiana jones said "its not the years, its the mileage" geez i qualify for both ....ron ****

Older the bull, stiffer the horn.

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Ron you kind of remind me off indiana jones.

becomingcloser
03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
http://www.barringtonsports.com/images/products/full/Under_Armour_Heat_Gear_Compression_Shorts.jpg

I had to go to Food4Less last year and buy gold bond medicated powder (I should have bought the cream). This year I will be chafe free wearing these.

not bad. i prefer less restrictive drawers. i like to let my boys be free.

i'll take a gamble on the chafing.

kreutz2112
03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
suit yourself

DeltaSigChi4
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
UnderArmour makes more than drawers.

You can get tops as well. In fact, I have over a dozen of them, and they work very well.

E

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
I bet you feel so awesome too....I bet you scream the advert everytime you put on one of the shirts.

canexplain
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh I have been around the block a few times …. Here is a fun example … when I was in high school we used to get two of these gallon beer containers each .. then we would go down to the peer (this is in Japan) during a typhoon … well we would tie ourselves down with these giant ropes and just sit there and let these 10 foot waves topple over us as we got trashed …. It actually was kind of safe as long as you didn’t get hit by broken boats and such … it wasn’t scary at all if you were used to 20+ footers on the north shore … ah to be young again …. I am so jealous of most of the people on this board … creak …... cr****

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Did you ride the waves at waimea bay?

DeltaSigChi4
03-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, I was invited to the Eddie Invitational.

Dick.

E

canexplain
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Did you ride the waves at waimea bay?

yep and most of the beaches overthere ... some in kali ... always wanted to go to south africa but never made it ... long board of course ... now thats a topic i get hot about ... short boards or long boards but thats just me ...cr*** i worked at a radio station there for two years so i surfed all day and played tunes all night ... but that was the days of free form radio, where you might put on an lp and play a whole side ....

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes, I was invited to the Eddie Invitational.

Dick.

E

I wasnt talking too you but, thats cool you always have something stupid to say.

J~$$$
03-09-2007, 10:04 AM
yep and most of the beaches overthere ... some in kali ... always wanted to go to south africa but never made it ... long board of course ... now thats a topic i get hot about ... short boards or long boards but thats just me ...cr*** i worked at a radio station there for two years so i surfed all day and played tunes all night ... but that was the days of free form radio, where you might put on an lp and play a whole side ....

Awesome. Last time I went out to Waimea I was scared shitless it had to of been 30ft high that day, no one was going out. People everywhere down the beach just sat watching in amazement.I think I sat there for three hours and did not say a word.

canexplain
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Awesome. Last time I went out to Waimea I was scared shitless it had to of been 30ft high that day, no one was going out. People everywhere down the beach just sat watching in amazement.I think I sat there for three hours and did not say a word.

i was chicken shit for anything over say 20ft ... they have the most awesome waves in the world at waimea ... did you drive over pali pass to get there ... that is a nice drive across the island ... funny thing was, the biggest reason i left Hawaii was, i got tired of perfect weather ... i like the seasons but i am tired of the snow here ... glad it is getting nice ...cr***

breakjaw
03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
This:
http://imageigloo.com/images/8482Coachella.jpg
is what I wore in '05,and I think it'll be close to the same in '07,minus the dreads.Oh yeah and I'll be sporting my AIDZ Needlez Rat Fink shirt (http://www.zazzle.com/design/shirt/default.asp?root_product_id=235359652269655571&product_design_id=3D992D0D%2D6FB4%2D4BBD%2D9D03%2D 1695926EF442&clone=true):
http://imageigloo.com/images/6665designall.jpg

mountmccabe
03-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I wear the most comfortable thing possible regardless of how i look. Coachella in 2004 I looked like a 40 year old drunk at the beach.
We could take years and never come up with a better response to cr***'s question.

:)

not bad. i prefer less restrictive drawers. i like to let my boys be free.

i'll take a gamble on the chafing.
Those are high stakes there, bud. The powder or the cream or the nutsack sack with thigh coverage are the only reasonable options. Otherwise you'll be standing with your legs spread apart from mid-afternoon Saturday on. And you'll decide to stay where you are rather than walk across the grounds to see a better band.

Just sayin'.

AIMEE
04-12-2007, 10:20 AM
HOW COLD DOES IT GET AT NIGHT? IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SO CAL NIGHT AIR-