PDA

View Full Version : Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

bobchella
03-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Our group could've used an extra case of water per person to be more than comfortable. I got a solar panel charger for Xmas for the phone and iPod. Last year we craved breakfast every morning so we're trying to have a propane stove. What about you?

wstsidela
03-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Last year I had an RV. This year I'm sleeping on the ground like a hobo. I don't want to talk about it.

eureka
03-13-2011, 09:47 AM
This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up. This is what we got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0T4

It'll be useful for Burning Man too.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-13-2011, 10:33 AM
The heat - misters for the shade canopies this year! Also not enough paper plates and plasticware for all the people around us we fed:-)

brematale111
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM
The heat - misters for the shade canopies this year! Also not enough paper plates and plasticware for all the people around us we fed:-)

I've thought about getting misters, where did you get yours at?

frizzlefry
03-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Not taking as much shit, wait too much hassle lugging it around.

baily
03-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I've thought about getting misters, where did you get yours at?

Got mine at canopycool.com

bobchella
03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Those are sweet!

sleepybrew
03-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I planned on taking showers last year. Used to be 30 min lines. In 2010, 3 hour lines. I'm bringing extra water and just take my own shower at my camp.

juloxx
03-13-2011, 01:36 PM
ear plugs, sleeping pills

Bud Luster
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Last year I overlooked the 2 dozen other threads that discussed this same topic. I should have started there.

LickTheLizzard
03-13-2011, 02:11 PM
i slept in a tent last year. i will not make this mistake again.

lawbstar
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM

expand

Emma Ocean
03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
if you cant access a shower, baby wipes are an ok alternative

mica892
03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Last year we brought way too much food and an entire camp kitchen. This year I am bringing ready to eat food and relying more on the farmers market for breakfast stuff. Also i'm bringing a tent fan and lots more beer!

thefrush
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Shade. Something to eliminate sleeping on the ground. My back was shot.

Robin
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Hahah! Same here!
I'll actually be sleeping in the passenger seat of my car this year.
I just have to remember to buy visors to block the sun.

I also need to remember to apply sun block on a regular basis. My left thigh got extremely burnt.

kimmyyf
03-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Hahah! Same here!

I also need to remember to apply sun block on a regular basis. My left thigh got extremely burnt.

Tents.. bad idea? Please tell me more.

GolfWang
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm shaving my hair real short so if there are 3 hour lines for showers again I can just dump some water on my head and not feel completely disgusting.

frozen pilgrim
03-13-2011, 09:28 PM
more beer.

Suffacated
03-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Some people have a tendency to bring too much. Lighten up on the perishable food. That save on cooler space and needing ice. There's plenty to eat inside the event. By the time you pack and spend the extra money on another cooler, ice and food that's gonna go bad anyways, you could have grabbed something inside to eat. Baby wipes, sun screen, water and shade are things you can't have too much of. And since Luca is bringing more beer, I won't have to :thu

eyestothesky
03-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Some people have a tendency to bring too much. Lighten up on the perishable food. That save on cooler space and needing ice. There's plenty to eat inside the event. By the time you pack and spend the extra money on another cooler, ice and food that's gonna go bad anyways, you could have grabbed something inside to eat. Baby wipes, sun screen, water and shade are things you can't have too much of. And since Luca is bringing more beer, I won't have to :thu

This pretty much sums it up for me. Last year my roomie and I brought a portable range so we could cook up eggs, bacon, hash browns, carne asada... we brought sour cream, cheese... so many fuckin' perishables that we had to constantly keep cold and we were buying ice everyday. Definitely gonna cut back on that this year and try to eat in venue more.

Other than that we did pretty well. We didn't have any obvious "oh shit" moments, though we did forget paper towels and this year we will have a tent fan and a more reliable way to charge our phones than trying to cram around the charging station (someone else mentioned a solar charger).

Bring toilet paper. Earplugs and an eye mask might be good if you wanna sleep past 7:30-8am. As far as showering went, we used the freezing cooler water and some soap to take care of ourselves. It wasn't the best but damn, it woke us up and cleaned us up a bit. Worked for me.

djbionik
03-14-2011, 12:44 AM
solar shower and my own car. Last year we had to ditch the girl that brought us because she failed to get a real ticket before we left. It was a disaster. she had the ride, I had the gear. I got left on the field with no ride back home, and a ton of expensive gear I had to abandon. And fuck that line for showers. I need a cold shower in hot weather, and yeah, those showers can be glorious, but I waited 2 hours for a shower only to have the water go out on us, and when it came back on 20 minutes later, it was hot.
So I just bought a car with Coachella in mind (well, I totaled my other one, so I had to get one.. yay foresters!) and still looking for the perfect solar shower. All the ones I'm seeing are only 5 gallon. I got 4 girls in my group.. how does that work, any pointers?

Wheres the beef?
03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
In America, you can buy more than 1 solar shower.

LickTheLizzard
03-14-2011, 12:53 AM
expand

to expand. a tent in the middle of the polo fields turns into a fucking oven as soon as the sun comes up. if you sleep in a tent, you will wake up sweating and miserable every morning.

to fix this you can put some sort of canopy above your tent with a tarp blocking off the east to prevent the tent from getting morning sun exposure.

i think im ditching the tent all together this year. im just going to have a canopy with tarps hung on a few sides. shade + breeze should make for a beautiful morning.

djbionik
03-14-2011, 12:54 AM
what is that supposed to mean? do foreigners only have one? I don't get it.

Wheres the beef?
03-14-2011, 12:56 AM
what is that supposed to mean? do foreigners only have one? I don't get it.

If you can only find a 5 gallon solar shower but need more than 5 gallons, buy more fucking solar showers to fit whatever your estimated needs are.

Emma Ocean
03-14-2011, 01:15 AM
hammocks?

a bucket for peeing in to avoid late night treks to the dunny.

LickTheLizzard
03-14-2011, 01:29 AM
someone needs to start an "Official Emma Ocean Dictionary" thread.

MichaelDominick
03-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Extra rechargeable batteries for my phone and camera.

Emma Ocean
03-14-2011, 02:31 AM

you just made me blush, I'm not that bad am I?

frizzlefry
03-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Emma Ocean your just too classy for this board that's all

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Problem is hanging a solar shower, wherever you plan to hang it, 5 gallons of water is HEAVY! For my solar shower people will only get about a gallon or so at a time (im hanging it from my canopy and do not want that thing to break)

So you either set up a shower schedule, or here is another thought... the water containers for your shower will be HOT. In a solar shower water can get up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. That's way too hot. so, use a little bit of water in the shower, then fill it up. If you want a cold shower, then... like... get water from your tub. I honestly think 1 shower will be fine. Or you get a set up for your shower (curtain or holder, etc) then you get like 2 bags. Not a big deal.

brfilora
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up. This is what we got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0T4

Make sure you bring all the water you anticipate needing into the campgrounds with you as finding water to refill it once you're there is very difficult/impossible.

Maybe shower with it a few times before to gauge how much you will need.

djbionik
03-14-2011, 10:53 AM
If you can only find a 5 gallon solar shower but need more than 5 gallons, buy more fucking solar showers to fit whatever your estimated needs are.

Ok, but I once had a boyfriend who had a bigger one, and that was perfect. I just haven't seen one like it.. I'm holding out till I find one. That's what I mean. No need to be rude, sheesh.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok, but I once had a boyfriend who had a bigger one, and that was perfect. I just haven't seen one like it.. I'm holding out till I find one. That's what I mean. No need to be rude, sheesh.

Where are you hanging your shower from?

brfilora
03-14-2011, 11:02 AM

You've been a member here since 2007, I'm surprised you're not used to those types of responses

Anyways:

10 Gallon Solar Summer Shower By Advanced Elements

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7476/safetycentral2146719497.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/safetycentral2146719497.jpg/)

http://www.smarthome.com/31144/Summer-Shower-SS763-10-Gallon-Double-Header-Solar-Shower/p.aspx

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Why spend that much on a solar shower... I don't get it, even if you get 2 solar showers at 9.99 a piece it's cheaper and better. Less time for the water to heat up and less weight.

a 10 gallon bag if completely full is at least weighing 83.5lbs....

MistaGlitch
03-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Too easy...TWSS

Neighborhood Creep
03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Renting a vehicle instead of hitchhiking to and from airport

Bringing a 9 person tent instead of buying Coachella's shitty 2 person tents

Having a cooler this year

Turning it into a 7 day vacation instead of 5

Tandemind
03-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Was it the length or the girth that made it so perfect?

prettydirtything
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up.

I planned on taking showers last year. Used to be 30 min lines. In 2010, 3 hour lines. I'm bringing extra water and just take my own shower at my camp.

I'm shaving my hair real short so if there are 3 hour lines for showers again I can just dump some water on my head and not feel completely disgusting.

solar shower and my own car... ... I need a cold shower in hot weather, and yeah, those showers can be glorious, but I waited 2 hours for a shower only to have the water go out on us, and when it came back on 20 minutes later, it was hot.

Make sure you bring all the water you anticipate needing into the campgrounds with you as finding water to refill it once you're there is very difficult/impossible.

Maybe shower with it a few times before to gauge how much you will need.

have I mentioned the showers were a nightmare last year?

Sublime
03-14-2011, 04:06 PM
be sure to keep in mind that the lines for the showers were atrocious last year. i might recommend one of those solar showers

Paddy O'Furniture
03-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Shit our Aussie friends say.

HandBanana
03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
"Dont get off yer face on plonk and get rooted on the way to the dunny by a wallaby, ya drongos!"
—Emma Ocean

HandBanana
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Thats a genuine quote btw

LickTheLizzard
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
i don't doubt that.

Gribbz
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
expand

It's really fucking hot in the morning. I'm ditching my tent as well. Hard for me to sleep.

EDIT* What LickTheLizzard said.

stepup2stepout
03-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Also - dare I say it - debating the logistics of using them during the festival (if wearing a dress/skirt)... faced with a trip to the honey buckets vs missing part of a awesome set... Ladies?

If I see someone pissing in a crowd I'm going to knock them the fuck over. That's ridiculous. Don't be that guy.

LickTheLizzard
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
you just made me blush, I'm not that bad am I?

nothing bad at all, it seems as though i'm asking you to explain a different word or phrase in every thread. i think and Emma Ocean dictionary would come in handy.

SDsoldier7
03-14-2011, 08:12 PM

I agree, he is being very rude to you for no reason. Just put him on ignore like i did

BROKENDOLL
03-14-2011, 08:27 PM
For the record, we still have a 6 pack of beer in the frig...leftover from last Coachella's allotted case per campsite...Ridiculous, I know. (Can't say the same for the Tequila and Jack though! LOL)

... don't let them wash their hair. It's a pretty good equalizer. Plus, any girl who cant go without washing her hair for 3 days needs to not camp and get a hotel.

I just brought some of these...http://www.traveljohn.com/1-1-1.php figure they will be sweet for late night pee missions.

Also - dare I say it - debating the logistics of using them during the festival (if wearing a dress/skirt)... faced with a trip to the honey buckets vs missing part of a awesome set... Ladies?
Yes, to avoid a late night mission of going in search of the porta potty just to pee, and then finding your tent again, Travel John's are awesome. And I know that you can pee into them without spilling and stuff, so no worries for others about stepping in it, but...do you really want to carry a bag of piss around with you from set to set?

SDsoldier7
03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
one thinks you're going to piss in the crowd, the other thinks you're going to carry bags of piss around a music festival...

is it common for new zealanders to act like this?

Fourthisto
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
More power! (To charge portable devices at the campsite not the public charging board with a longass wait)

More circulation! (Bigger/better in-tent fan)

More beer! (Wait, no less, our crew is half this year)

More TP! (For Cornholio)

More fruit! (For refreshment and vites)

More gambling! (To help pay for Spicy Pie)

More padding! (To sleep on)

More water! (Duh)

SDsoldier7
But FYI it was an American lass who asked about the logistics ;)

this does not surprise me.

Emma Ocean
wow those are amazing! did you just buy them online or do you reckon I could buy them when I get to the US?

LickTheLizzard, wait til you meet me

Emma Ocean
03-14-2011, 08:50 PM
one thinks you're going to piss in the crowd, the other thinks you're going to carry bags of piss around a music festival...

Hypothetically if you were against a fence, and someone shielded you while you went you'd be fine. You just throw that bag in the bin afterwards baby, it wont splash or get on anyone!
The Travel John is the best thing since sliced bread IMO

And when it comes to peeing in the crowd, bitch please, like boys havent done worse before.

Emma Ocean
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I did follow the links for international distributors but I'm worried I wouldnt get them before I leave. And I wouldnt really want customs to find them when they search my stuff.

wstsidela
03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I just ordered them online but looks like you can definitely get them in store: http://www.traveljohn.com/1-4.php

LMAO - amen sister!

lol!! I had no idea.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-14-2011, 09:28 PM
this is mad disgusting.

Emma Ocean
03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
not as disgusting as peeing in a cup and someone mistaking it for apple juice
*sticks tongue out*

Milky
03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
A pillow, fluffy or inflatable, I don't care.

Last camping festival I went to I forgot one and I had killer neck ache for a week.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-15-2011, 07:40 AM
A pillow, fluffy or inflatable, I don't care.

Last camping festival I went to I forgot one and I had killer neck ache for a week.

I highly suggest a checklist and as youre packing your bags and then car up you thoroughly go through it.

jdoom
03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Last year we had about 10 people or more in our camping spot. There was no space to move around or do anything. We only brought a few chairs so there was never really anywhere to sit down and chill. All our friends/friends of friends ate the food my bf and I brought for ourselves, without asking. Also, we didn't bring a canopy or any form of shade. I felt like I was dying of heat stroke every morning in the sun with no shade. And I'm from Arizona.

This year, I'm just camping with my boyfriend. I don't mean to sound like a grinch; I hope we meet lots of sweet people and make plenty o' friends, but I am looking forward to having the space to have a nice setup for the two of us. Also, I invested in a 10x10 canopy that will make the morning and afternoon heat much more tolerable. I also plan on bringing my camping grill/stove for making some delicious meals. I recall really craving a hot breakfast last year and the breakfast burritos they sold outside the campgrounds were expensive and not that good, so maybe this year I can make my own. With ins and outs and a stove, hopefully I can minimize the amount of food I actually buy inside the venue.

I might buy a solar shower too (lines last year were so outrageous!) but my boyfriend just poked holes in a huge water bottle with a pocket knife and used that as a makeshift showerhead and it worked just fine. So I may just do that!

Also - BRING EARPLUGS! I am so happy I thought to bring some last year. Crazy Aussies next to us at camp partying till 5AM on thursday = loud ;)

In response to Dustin da DnB Soulja's last post - a checklist is always a good thing when planning a trip, and I will definitely be making one this year.

Radiohead
03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Hahah! Same here!

Last year I spent two nights in a tent, one night in the passenger seat of my car. Tent wins by a mile. This might be because I'm sort of tall, but the car was just insanely uncomfortable. I'd recommend earplugs, a mylar sheet to cover your tent, and some sort of cushion to sleep on.

frizzlefry
03-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I highly suggest a checklist and as youre packing your bags and then car up you thoroughly go through it.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/bhg-checklist.jpg

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Anyone got a legitimate way to stay cool in their tent in the morning?

Robin
03-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Last year I spent two nights in a tent, one night in the passenger seat of my car. Tent wins by a mile. This might be because I'm sort of tall, but the car was just insanely uncomfortable. I'd recommend earplugs, a mylar sheet to cover your tent, and some sort of cushion to sleep on.

I spent 2 nights in a tent (shared with someone), 1 night I didn't sleep, and 1 night in the passenger seat of my car. The car was the best sleep I got all weekend. I even napped at one point in the driver's seat. Besides getting extremely burnt on my left thigh, it wasn't too bad. But I'm 5'2", so I was able to stretch out my legs.

Robin
03-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Anyone got a legitimate way to stay cool in their tent in the morning?

I was looking for this battery operated fan I saw at WalMart the other day for farely cheap to post, but then I came across this...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Happy-Camper-Deluxe-Camping-Combo-LED-Lantern-and-Fan/15125741

!!!!! I might have to get it.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-16-2011, 08:13 AM
I was looking for this battery operated fan I saw at WalMart the other day for farely cheap to post, but then I came across this...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Happy-Camper-Deluxe-Camping-Combo-LED-Lantern-and-Fan/15125741

!!!!! I might have to get it.

They have a lot of tent fans, but reading the reviews they don't help that much... Anyone have any luck with a tent fan?

Robin
03-16-2011, 08:18 AM
They have a lot of tent fans, but reading the reviews they don't help that much... Anyone have any luck with a tent fan?

My friend had this one last year. I almost kifed it from him.
http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-1041CTR-Mini-Camping-Battery/dp/B003MNF5XE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1300292263&sr=8-4

baily
03-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Advice to those with canopy's - BUY THE SIDE SHADES that you hang to block the sun from the sides. In the morning the side shade will keep the sun off you....or if you forget lower the side of the canopy facing east (all the way down) and raise the side facing west and put your tent towards the west side so that the heat gets dispersed over the canopy.

I keep pushing the canopycool website as their mister systems are amazing.

You can also make one using a NEW bug spayer, misting line and a simple conversion at home depot. Made one and it worked great....pump it 5 times and it'd run for 20 minutes strong...then pump it again just 5 times and relax for 20 minutes....problem is you have to plan on having a lot of water as it takes about 3 gallons of water every 2 hours. The key is to only run it when needed.

As I live in the area I used to drive in and out every year...which is a pain in the ass. The parking lot takes too long to unload. This year I will be riding a bike in and out to save time.

The other thing we changed is we ordered a locker rather than having to walk back to the car to get our cold weather gear for night time.

I'll rub it in...I love being able to sleep in my own bed at night and shower knowing the campers are truly roughing it amungst the dirt, noise and heat.

dontpanic
03-16-2011, 01:34 PM
More shade.

bobchella
03-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Anyone have any luck with a tent fan?

YES. We had 1 medium Coleman d or c batter powered tent fan between the three of us and practically every daylight hour we were at the campsite we took turns passing around the fan. We may invest in 1 or 2 more this year.... so clutch!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
YES. We had 1 medium Coleman d or c batter powered tent fan between the three of us and we spend practically every daylight hour we spend at the campsite taking turns passing around the fan. We may invest in 1 or 2 more this year.... so clutch!

You just used them as hand fans instead of a tent fan?

bobchella
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
yeah we held it like 6 inches infront of our faces and it felt like the temp dropped 10-15 degrees. Add a spray bottle and wow, what a difference.

Here's the one, looks like it's about $15 or so online (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=coleman+tent+fan&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15649438710807959704&sa=X&ei=xDOBTZH5GIG4tge_zpjxCA&ved=0CDkQ8gIwAQ#)

bobchella
03-16-2011, 02:17 PM
In my experience, one of those fans would not be enough to cool down a hot tent in the morning sun. Get out of your tent, huddle in the shade and then use the fan!

Emma Ocean
03-17-2011, 12:33 AM
"Dont get off yer face on plonk and get rooted on the way to the dunny by a wallaby, ya drongos!"
—Emma Ocean

Did you know that koalas are not bears, nor are they cuddly. They are mean, grumpy little buggers who are also alcoholics. They get drunk off eucalyptus and sometimes fall out of their trees.
Just thought you might like to know...

Duvel
03-17-2011, 03:31 AM
How much can a Koala....Bear?

nosurprises12
03-17-2011, 08:18 AM
How much can a Koala....Bear?

E0PIdWdw15U

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
In my experience, one of those fans would not be enough to cool down a hot tent in the morning sun. Get out of your tent, huddle in the shade and then use the fan!

Then head to the Do Lab. This is going to be my strategy for Coachella.

ThatGirl
03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Did you know that koalas are not bears, nor are they cuddly. They are mean, grumpy little buggers who are also alcoholics. They get drunk off eucalyptus and sometimes fall out of their trees.
Just thought you might like to know...

If they are grumpy and uncuddly, I wonder what they do to them to make them so docile and agreeable at those petting zoos they have all over Oz? I was there last year but we never went to one.

Robin
03-17-2011, 10:16 AM
They get drunk off eucalyptus and sometimes fall out of their trees.

I just laughed over this visual.

naruto_kenshin
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
have I mentioned the showers were a nightmare last year?

Keep this between us: To avoid hefty lines, take a towel with you (although not completely necessary) into the fest and on your way out each night go straight for the showers (don't go to your tent spot first because when you make for the showers it will be too late). I guess I saved tons of time doing this because I had no problems with waiting in line etc...

Also get your ass up early and if there is a long line... there are other portable shower stations at other camping spots. Sunday morning I trekked to another camping spot hoping for a shorter line and I lucked out.

Emma Ocean
03-17-2011, 01:27 PM
If they are grumpy and uncuddly, I wonder what they do to them to make them so docile and agreeable at those petting zoos they have all over Oz? I was there last year but we never went to one.

because they are drunk :) they give you leaves to feed them while they are 'cuddling' you, in actual fact, bitches just want you for your leaves.

And Koalas are not bears, mmmkay?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
because they are drunk :) they give you leaves to feed them while they are 'cuddling' you, in actual fact, bitches just want you for your leaves.

What's your real problem with Koalas?

ThatGirl
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM

I guess it's almost the equivalent of beer goggles. Or "bear goggles"...but they aren't bears haha. ;)

Robin
03-17-2011, 01:57 PM
What's your real problem with Koalas?

Maybe the koala ate the dingo.

frizzlefry
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
I would never let a Koala near me without plexiglass in between me and that dangerous furball

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
You just used them as hand fans instead of a tent fan?

We have a few of these and they really helped just sitting around the camp area before music started. They are a spray bottle with a battery operated fan. Works pretty good and really feels great when it is 95 out:-)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CztgaNByL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

djbionik
03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
You've been a member here since 2007, I'm surprised you're not used to those types of responses

Anyways:

10 Gallon Solar Summer Shower By Advanced Elements

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7476/safetycentral2146719497.jpg (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/safetycentral2146719497.jpg/)

http://www.smarthome.com/31144/Summer-Shower-SS763-10-Gallon-Double-Header-Solar-Shower/p.aspx

I hate to revisit an old topic, but I also hate to be silenced.

For the record, I've been a memeber since 2002, I just forgot my old password a long time ago and made up a new one. I love you guys, but some of you are rude for no reason. Yes, I will ignore that one douche comment.

Anyways...
DnB Soulja had a point. I did the math and a 10 gallon shower is too heavy for the EZ Up to handle. I don't want it to break either. Something like 41lbs.! That is a lot! But as I said, I've seen it done better with a bigger one.. funny joke guys.. I didn't see that one coming, but um.. it's the truth either way! I remember he hung it from one of the corners and it worked beautifully. However I am not as mechanically inclined.. I don't remember how he did it. This is becoming a dilemma. Has anyone else hung a solar shower from their EZ Up? Does it work?

Chillzzz
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Earplugs for sleeping

Tendeafears
03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Advice to those with canopy's - BUY THE SIDE SHADES that you hang to block the sun from the sides. In the morning the side shade will keep the sun off you....or if you forget lower the side of the canopy facing east (all the way down) and raise the side facing west and put your tent towards the west side so that the heat gets dispersed over the canopy

Or, you can just use tarps. I don't get why people want to spend a lot of money on side shade. Last year we had two tarps and used zip ties to attach them to the east and south sides of the canopy (the two sides with direct sunlight). It worked beautifully. Of course, make sure the tarps have those little metal ringed holes in them so you have something to put the zip tie through.
:thu

frizzlefry
03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
THIS^^^

Media Blitz
03-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Too much prep. We decided to cook all our meals last year, which was a huge mistake just cuz of the amount of time it took to cook, clean and all of that.

ENluv12
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Too much prep. We decided to cook all our meals last year, which was a huge mistake just cuz of the amount of time it took to cook, clean and all of that.

So are you cooking things before you leave and take them, or are you only taking snack foods?

LosBulls
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
The most important thing I think to get first and foremost is water and food. Make sure you bring plenty of water cause its gonna be warm and water can be a bitch to find/get at Coachella, especially in the middle of the day when everyone is at the festival. Also I would say Liquor. Last year I expected the security searching the cars to be a lot more harsh and thorough and werent at all. And this time I brought more females, they always make partying better, so thats a must have this time around. Cant wait for Chella '11, gonna be epic.

frizzlefry
03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Fuck I totally overlooked packing females last year

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Fuck I totally overlooked packing females last year

I hate when that happens!

naruto_kenshin
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Filled up too many bottles of water with vodka. Didn't bring enough water last year.... water.

Water.

bobchella
03-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I picked up a coleman stove on amazon for $25 bucks! Hot breakfast hoooooo!

blueduck
03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
whats a good solar phone charger?

DFrank
03-25-2011, 12:48 AM
A friend has a car camping pass so we're using it go during the day to grab drinks/water/food.

But im sleeping in a house this year. I want to sleep in passed 8am each morning.

I think this gets the best out of both worlds.

nobleroyalty
03-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey! thinking of taking a solar shower, but what do you guys do to avoid having all that water be all over your campsite? stupid question? Naw! theres no stupid questions!!!

nobleroyalty
03-25-2011, 02:28 AM
also I hope there's more friendly people last year i went with my buddy and people where just lame and we just wanted to party!

beeerplease
03-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Earplugs for sleeping

I concur, especially when you have camp-mates that just CANNOT STOP TALKING

mistakenstrangers
03-25-2011, 03:33 AM
four words: SHOWER IN A CAN

Emma Ocean
03-25-2011, 04:57 AM
four words: SHOWER IN A CAN

TELL ME MORE!

meowlouder
03-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Extra phone battery

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey! thinking of taking a solar shower, but what do you guys do to avoid having all that water be all over your campsite? stupid question? Naw! theres no stupid questions!!!

Small kiddie pool from walmart they have on right now for $5. Then empty the water under your vehicle.

mistakenstrangers
03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
TELL ME MORE!

It's this stuff that you spray on your body to cover the lingering smell of body odor.

ninjatactics
03-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I like underarmour a lot. Compression shorts are saviors with my thighs and the heat

pinkladyam
03-31-2011, 09:48 PM
bump.

bobchella
04-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I like underarmour a lot. Compression shorts are saviors with my thighs and the heat

I tried that last year and didn't have the results i had hoped for

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM

We didn't even think of buying a solar shower!

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Filled up too many bottles of water with vodka. Didn't bring enough water last year.... water.

Water.

LOL!

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 05:14 PM
In regards to solar showers, what would you guys recommend? I am the only girl going with 3 boys and they think it's ridiculous that I want to purchase a solar shower. I know if I buy off Amazon I will be stuck with it. So what should I do?

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 05:17 PM
We have a few of these and they really helped just sitting around the camp area before music started. They are a spray bottle with a battery operated fan. Works pretty good and really feels great when it is 95 out:-)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CztgaNByL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Where can we purchase these?

eureka
04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
In regards to solar showers, what would you guys recommend? I am the only girl going with 3 boys and they think it's ridiculous that I want to purchase a solar shower. I know if I buy off Amazon I will be stuck with it. So what should I do?

If it's just for you & just for Coachella maybe get the cheapest one you can find? I know Coleman does one for about $7 ...

Other options are to line up for the free showers, or pay $5 a pop for the VIP showers (which will also probably have big lines)... OR, get the boys to dump a bucket of water over your head, I'm sure they'd oblige :)

Robin
04-01-2011, 06:34 PM

You can get something similar at WalMart.
I was going to pick up a few, but found this instead...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EP9UM8

M.Romo
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
If it's just for you & just for Coachella maybe get the cheapest one you can find? I know Coleman does one for about $7 ...

Other options are to line up for the free showers, or pay $5 a pop for the VIP showers (which will also probably have big lines)... OR, get the boys to dump a bucket of water over your head, I'm sure they'd oblige :)

I definitely don't wanna wait in long lines so I probably will go looking for the cheapest one

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM

Try Walmart or Walgreens. I think we found ours at Walgreens for some reason but I did see some in Walmart in AZ while we were there. You can order them on line but I don't know if they would make it in time at this point.

M.Romo
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Try Walmart or Walgreens. I think we found ours at Walgreens for some reason but I did see some in Walmart in AZ while we were there. You can order them on line but I don't know if they would make it in time at this point.

I just bought 5 of them off Amazon for about $40, not bad at all.

kittykat416
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
For some reason, the FAQ indicates you can't bring a mister in to the festival, but they'll gladly sell you one while you're there... (kinda like bottled water I guess)

Can I bring a water squirt gun or mister?
Sorry, these will not be allowed into the venue, though there might be some mister fans available for purchase onsite.

SlobTheBandit
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
HABACHEEE,TARP(for shade),TENT (open concept), Coooler (extra cooler for ice), One hooter (quick access), 1 kilo of pure columbian cocaine. best coachella eva.