PDA

View Full Version : Signature required?

tyles
03-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I noticed that this year's ticket deliveries are going to need a required signature. The problem is, many of us work during the day, and would miss the delivery... seems like this could be problematic. Can we pick the passes up if UPS fails to meet up with us?

loubque
03-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Usually they attempt one day and leave a note that they will be back. Then you call in sick the next day.

PlayaDelWes
03-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Have you never received a package requiring a signature before? You can pick it up at the UPS distribution center after hours.

BeeII
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM
or you could have anticipated this and have it delivered at work?

billtino
03-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Usually they attempt one day and leave a note that they will be back. Then you call in sick the next day.

Call in just to wait for ups? Ha!
It all depends on the delivery person. I have had both fedex and ups leave items at my front doorthat were clearly marked "signature required" (last year's tickets for example). This time im having them delivered to my work where i know they will be signed for.

frozen pilgrim
03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
you'll get a tracking number. you will put this tracking number into the fedex/ups website.
the magical website will tell you were your stuff currently is, enabling you to know in advance when it's close by, thus eliminating most of the guesswork involved in waiting for your wristband. when your package gets its' "destination scan" (the last transfer center before it goes on the local truck) you know it'll be arriving during the next business day (or that day if it scans before 9 or 10 AM)

Sigur Ros Stache
03-10-2011, 09:05 AM
for me, they usually put a sticker on my front door that you can sign, they come back the next day and take that and leave your package

tyles
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up, everyone. Also, last year's needed a signature? Because they left that on my doorstep too... hmmmmmmmmm.

Robin
03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I just contacted them a few days ago via e-mail asking them to ship it to my work. All they asked for was my order #, last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase and the address to ship it to.

frozen pilgrim
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Also, last year's needed a signature? Because they left that on my doorstep too... hmmmmmmmmm.

who the fuck ever said that

frozen pilgrim
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
oh wait, I see that person's post. idk why they had their tickets couriered when regular mail and frickin print at home were options last year

Fourthisto
03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Have you never received a package requiring a signature before? You can pick it up at the UPS distribution center after hours.Yeah, once you get the "Hey jackwipe, we tried to deliver your hot shit to you today but you are out dicking around. Why you so dumb?" notice on your door you can call them, give them your tracking #, name and address, and tell them to hold it for you rather than have them try to deliver again and you're too drunk to answer the door in time the next business day.

Holding it for pickup is the way to go!

NachoCat
03-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Its up to the driver. Even though it says signature required, a lot of times they will leave it by the door.

frozen pilgrim
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
unless you live in toronto and the pickup center is like 25 clicks away. fuck that. CALL IN SICK/GET PAID TO WAIT FOR THE UPS GUY (fuck me that needs to be a courage wolf)

Fourthisto
03-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Well that's a good point, driven home by your use of "clicks".

http://i51.tinypic.com/o8uyl4.jpg

baily
03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
you can always go to the local UPS store after work and pick it up.

clumsy342
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Its up to the driver. Even though it says signature required, a lot of times they will leave it by the door.

not true. unless they are stupid/bad at their job. it's up to them if a sig ISN'T required. then they usually leave it at the door. If you require a sig (which you pay extra for) they should not leave it at the door.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
You can contact ticketmaster and change the ship address (because they originally only allowed billing addresses to be entered) for this event (making an exception for coachella, apparently. I have any mail that's not just letters sent to me at work...is this not an option for other people? it's not like it takes up time like personal phone calls, it's just a package being delivered.

Fourthisto
03-10-2011, 10:39 AM
You can contact ticketmaster and change the ship address (because they originally only allowed billing addresses to be entered) for this event (making an exception for coachella, apparently. I have any mail that's not just letters sent to me at work...is this not an option for other people? it's not like it takes up time like personal phone calls, it's just a package being delivered.

Well, if you didn't go through TM, say for presale, I think yesterday was the cut off for changing your ship-to address before things were set in stone. But yeah, you're totally right about the TM side of things.

Robin
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, if you didn't go through TM, say for presale, I think yesterday was the cut off for changing your ship-to address before things were set in stone. But yeah, you're totally right about the TM side of things.

I had my camping pass through FrontGate and my GA pass through TM. Both agreed to ship to my work. Maybe OP can push his luck by contacting today if yesterday was the cut-off. I thought today was the cut off, and if it is, it's probably going to be uber hard to get through.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM

Yeah, i think the majority of people purchased through ticketmaster, the front gate thing is a different beast. I got super paranoid and changed my address through ticketmaster before they even sold out. I am an anti-procrastinator in every sense. Same reason why i couldn't do layaway, i had tyo make sure it was all paid for at once. Can't take the waiting. Doing "layaway" on my credit works better for me anyway as I can track every step and pay off at my convenience.

Fourthisto
03-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Maybe OP can push his luck by contacting today if yesterday was the cut-off. I thought today was the cut off, and if it is, it's probably going to be uber hard to get through.Ah, well you might be right....

"All shipping addresses must be updated by March 10th in order to make it into our shipping system correctly."

I guess it all depends if 'by today' meant Midnight or means 11:59 PM tonight. :)

tessalasset
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
If you need to update your shipping address on Ticketmaster, call 800-653-8000. They normally only let you change your billing address (per their FAQ) but they have specifically made an exception for Coachella. Just mention that when you call.

quote for phone number

thetello
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
i work at a school, getting mine shipped here might be tricky. (especially since i'm on day-to-day probation)

clumsy342
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
TM refused to ship my tix to my work address.. lame.
but since I know the fedex driver, I am just going to try and have her deliver here anyway.

TomAz
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
i work at a school, getting mine shipped here might be tricky. (especially since i'm on day-to-day probation)

Being on probation means you aren't allowed to get perfectly legal and legitimate personal packages delivered? and why couldn't the delivery company find the school? Are you sure you're not institutionalized?

Robin
03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
but since I know the fedex driver, I am just going to try and have her deliver here anyway.

Really? I find that weird considering I got this e-mail reply yesterday.

Hello Robin,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Coachella Music Festival. We have updated the address on your ticket order so rest assured that your passes will be sent to your updated address. The promoter of this event will be handling the fulfillment of ticket deliveries.

JustSteve
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM

and how would the envelope make it onto her truck/route?

clumsy342
03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
because i live right next to where I work, and we are a a shipping store.
so, I kind of lucked out. it's still bullshit that they were only shipping to the billing address. (what if someone else bought your tix for you? .. retarded)

oh wait.. i can update my shipping address through ticketmaster? I'd rather do that.

psychic friend
03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
As per the email we sent to all original buyers, you can call who you bought tickets through to update the address to have it shipped. if they give you any trouble, email info@coahella.com, include the order number, the name of the person that you talked to that gave you wrong info, and the address you need the order shipped to and we can try to assist.

Premium Roast
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
"Help me, help me sign for tix" =

http://blstb.msn.com/i/A5/E126EF88DAC5AAE05A5D99E3F3C0.jpg

:thu

nationocean
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
As per the email we sent to all original buyers, you can call who you bought tickets through to update the address to have it shipped. if they give you any trouble, email info@coahella.com, include the order number, the name of the person that you talked to that gave you wrong info, and the address you need the order shipped to and we can try to assist.

page 2.

Fresh prince of Coachella
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I wonder if just any person @ home could sign?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I wonder if just any person @ home could sign?

Yes. I have never in any instance seen a Fed Ex or UPS driver require that the person signing be the addressee.

PlayaDelWes
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I wonder if a lurker outside your home could sign?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I wonder if a lurker outside your home could sign?

Two weeks ago i was walking to my house about the same time a UPS driver pulled. he jumped out of the car and shoved a boxed into my arms and handed me the electronic signature thing, then hopped back in the truck without saying a thing.

it happened to be for my roommate, but there was no evidence that i lived there or even intended on going inside. it was very strange.

Fourthisto
03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Two weeks ago i was walking to my house about the same time a UPS driver pulled. he jumped out of the car and shoved a boxed into my arms and handed me the electronic signature thing, then hopped back in the truck without saying a thing.

it happened to be for my roommate, but there was no evidence that i lived there or even intended on going inside. it was very strange.

Maybe his sense of judgement was impaired by how awesome your beard is, and just handed over whatever.

Wheres the beef?
03-11-2011, 10:56 AM
He probably would have gave you his wallet too if he wasn't in such a rush.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Maybe his sense of judgement was impaired by how awesome your beard is, and just handed over whatever.

"This guy looks like a homeless person, he obviously lives here."

Fourthisto
03-11-2011, 12:26 PM
"This guy looks like a homeless person, he obviously lives here."Hahaha! :lool

Well when you put it that way....

thetello
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Being on probation means you aren't allowed to get perfectly legal and legitimate personal packages delivered? and why couldn't the delivery company find the school? Are you sure you're not institutionalized?

being on probation means i can't get away with what i used to be able to, and having the package shipped here might look sketchy. it's not about being allowed/not it's about trying not to lose my job over something like a package getting sent here. (the school i work at is very well known in the state for their athletic programs)

elChurro
03-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Anyone receive their tickets yet?

NachoCat
03-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Im pretty sure we will know when someone recieves thier tickets

tyles
03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm sure there will be an entire thread dedicated to people saying "I just got my wristbands."

koryp
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
The "Jesus' balls man!!! I just got my wristband in the mail!!!" thread?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Anyone receive their tickets yet?

SUPPOSEDLY they're going to e-mail us our tracking numbers when they're shipped...so they shouldn't be arriving by surprise. We're also still more than 3 weeks from the fest.

PlayaDelWes
03-18-2011, 10:23 AM
The "Who's already wearing their wristband thread"

koryp
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Followed by the "my wristband didn't work because I've been wearing it since April 1st and I missed coachella, FML" thread

nationocean
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
So I just had a seriously amazing vivid dream last night where I got the wristbands and I was so ecstatic. that's right..

I JUST DREAMED ABOUT GETTING THE WRISTBAND!

I need help... but I also NEED MY WRISTBAND BADLY!!!!!!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
So I just had a seriously amazing vivid dream last night where I got the wristbands and I was so ecstatic. that's right..

I JUST DREAMED ABOUT GETTING THE WRISTBAND!

I need help... but I also NEED MY WRISTBAND BADLY!!!!!!

Im using inception to try and get someone to sleep walk and put their wristband on their left hand

loubque
03-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Followed by the "my wristband didn't work because I've been wearing it since April 1st and I missed coachella, FML" thread

I've been wondering about this myself. My first inclination would be the people who still have to take off last years. (it was a hideous bracelet at that)

nosurprises12
03-18-2011, 04:51 PM

Call it a hunch, but I get the feeling this scenario will actually wind up happening to a surprising large numbe of people.

frozen pilgrim
03-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I seriously hope we get them by the end of the month. I'm flying april 4th. I think 2 weeks is cutting it a bit close for international travellers