PDA

View Full Version : Indian Palms Intervals roll call 2011

gkrablin
03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
My group is staying here this year, wondering if anyone has anything good/bad to say about this place??

1) Is the pool nice? Did you use it before the fest? Was it filthy by Sunday?

2) How far (miles/time) is the actual walk to the concert? Did you ride a bike? Rollerblade? Anything creative?

3) Any other hints/suggestions for other things to bring or know about this place? (food, extra ice, cups, etc.)

THANKS!

Cheddar's Cousin
03-08-2011, 05:51 PM
It's a 15-20 minute stroll. The pool is nice and big and clean.

AlexPearlman
03-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Stayed there last year and staying there this year.

Backyards are all open and interconnected.
They offer a "free" shuttle but you are expected to tip, just ask the front desk they'll give you the number to the people running it.
Fridge, dishwasher, and basic kitchen wear is already there.
But def bring a bit more ice.

Overall its a chill place to stay. Really close too.

KickerConspiracy
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Stayed there last two years and again this year. Never used the pool. It's about a 1 to 1 1/2 mile walk to the front gate. If they added a gate on Monroe like some are speculating, it will be closer. I did use the "shuttle" a couple of times - its great esp on the way to the fest. On the way back, it waits at the taxi stand which is already about 1/2 way back to the complex.

JM___
03-10-2011, 10:50 PM
It's okay, not super-great (stayed there last year). It's a big property inside the gates. We were at the "Indian Palms Vacation Club" which is quite far away from the main gate, and in fact it took almost as long to walk from our rented condo to the main gate as it took to get from the Indian Palms gate to the venue.

Try and figure out where you are on the property. Bicycles would definitely be a plus if you're in the far corner like we were.

gkrablin
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the replies. All of this is helpful info. Keep it comin!

KickerConspiracy
03-11-2011, 10:08 AM
It's okay, not super-great (stayed there last year). It's a big property inside the gates. We were at the "Indian Palms Vacation Club" which is quite far away from the main gate, and in fact it took almost as long to walk from our rented condo to the main gate as it took to get from the Indian Palms gate to the venue.

QFT. The trick to getting around this is driving from your unit to the open parking spaces right at the gate entrance (there are about 100 spaces), so you don't have to do the extra walking.

gkrablin
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Anyone know what time the pool closes? Or if are they strict on noise here after the festival? I can't imagine anyone staying here isn't also attending Coachella, so hopefully the loud post-fest music won't be a problem.

yeahfontaine
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
We stayed here last year and are returning this year. Can't beat $550 for the entire week. Hope at least some of you got a deal like that, but we book ridiculously early.

We love the place. The kitchens are great for cooking your own meals when not at the fest and the sliding glass doors opening onto the backyard are nice for hanging out and smoking. We had absolutely no problems with noise bothering us or with our noise bothering others last year, but it really seemed to be only a few groups of Coachella-goers in the Intervals. Lots of golfers still, so I would probably keep the noise down if you don't want to get the oldies all riled up.

Pool and spa close before the fest is done, so if you go, you have to sneak in and be really really quiet. This is important--don't ruin it for everybody! =) That spa feels amazing after a day of Coachella frolicking.

The shuttle thing mentioned above isn't through the hotel (they just give you her card) but she's awesome. Tip her well! Not gonna mention her name and # here since Indio makes it illegal for residents to make ANY money at any point during the fest, even if it's for a sorely-needed service, like a shuttle. That's why she can only take donations and only drop you off where all the other vehicles have to stop, which is still a ways. PM me for name and phone # of the driver.

One word of warning...the gate closest to the fest doesn't usually work after midnight, even if you have the transmitter thing or your shuttle driver has one or whatever. So you have to get dropped off there and shimmy under the gate and walk quite a ways back to your condo anyway. Sucked last year.

And if you do bike/rollerskate/moped back, your "vehicle" won't be heavy enough to trip the gate while using your transmitter even if the gate is working late or if you get back early, so you'll have to go all the way down to the Indian Palms Country Club entrance where they have a guard who can let you in and then skate/pedal/scoot pretty damn far back to your condo.

I guess the bottom line is that it's close and all, but don't be thinking you're gonna be walking back and forth singing a tune every morning and every night. It's a bit more laborious than that, but it still beats the traffic! And you get to meet a lot of cool people while traveling back and forth every day, too.

See you all there!

yeahfontaine
03-15-2011, 09:39 AM
QFT. The trick to getting around this is driving from your unit to the open parking spaces right at the gate entrance (there are about 100 spaces), so you don't have to do the extra walking.

Wow. That is a fantastic idea and would solve the whole gate-transmitter problem. A bit. Have to think it over... I guess if you're riding a bike, you wouldn't be able to fit them in the car at the IPPC gate, though.

So I guess this won't help me but it's a great idea for everyone else!

Fog&TribalLasers
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback ...one month...cant wait!

psychic friend
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
ive stayed at indian palms a few times. super close. loved it. sucks if you dont have a gate transmitter thingy if you are located at the other end of their inner maze.

ArcadeParade
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
transponder is a must, its true

gkrablin
03-16-2011, 09:19 AM
How do you get a hold of one of the gate transmitters? Ask for one?

KickerConspiracy
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
the guy we rented from last two years gave us one, but you only really need it for the sattelite gates. The main gate has a pedestrian entrance.

Darth_Bater
03-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I will be staying there. First year not having to drive. Cant wait!!

Harrisment
03-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Never heard of this place but it sounds like a good deal. Where do you guys book through? I may look into it for next year.

gkrablin
03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
We found this one on the Coachella site for the recommended lodging.

gkrablin
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Are there pots and pans provided at this place? Did anyone who has stayed here before cook any meals for the group? I think we are just going to get a bunch of bread, meat, pizzas, ice, and booze.

Anything else you'd recommend?

Harrisment
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Are there pots and pans provided at this place? Did anyone who has stayed here before cook any meals for the group? I think we are just going to get a bunch of bread, meat, pizzas, ice, and booze.

MDMA.

yeahfontaine
03-22-2011, 01:27 PM

They're all different depending on the owner of the individual unit. I'd call or email the party from whom you rented it. Ours had a fully stocked kitchen as far as appliances and cookware went. Mighty handy!

gkrablin
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Bring 'em out!

Suffacated
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
BD and I live there.

mofomofo
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Re biking and the non-main gate(s):

We stay in the southern part of Indan Palms and biking is the way to go, for me, in terms of least hassle and most joy. Nothing like getting off your feet and cooling off in the desert night as you pass hundreds of barely moving cars.

I looked up Interval and yeah you are at pretty much the furthest point away from the polo fields while still being in IP. But you can ride your bike down through the nice quiet neighborhood to the southern gate at 50th St. Forget walking esp if it's hot, that's like a 30-45min sweaty walk vs. 10-15min bike ride. Even if you park at main gate and walk - not a bad idea, but I'd still take biking.

But yes there is occasionally the hassle of getting back in late night at the non-main gates like the one on 50th. We usually don't take our transponder (don't want to lose it and draw the ire of the owner who rents to us) but even the one time we did, it didn't seem to work.

Fortunately, there is often cars coming out of the neighborhood and you can get in behind them as the gate shuts, or you can call Indian Palms Security gate and ask them to open it, also you can call your friends if some went in ahead of you to come back to trigger the gate (granted that's more of a hike from where you are). All these solutions can and do work, but yes one time I had to ride back up to main gate. Only added 10min to the trip though.

Bikechella 4eva

gkrablin
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
So how far is it from the Intervals to the entrance to the festival? In miles?

I see you said 30 - 45 min walk...that is ridiculous!

KickerConspiracy
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
He's saying 30-45 minutes from the most remote part of the complex (its huge) to the gate. From the front entrance to the Coachella front entrance its a mile - 15-20 minute walk.

mofomofo
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
never actually walked it so just guesstimating. Point is, biking is significantly faster and painless. Imagine your last walk home Sunday night, legs gone, feet sore. Or just coasting on a bike.

KickerConspiracy
04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
so, do you rent bikes when you're down there? Where from and how much?

gkrablin
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I am flying in, won't have a bike with me. Do you rent these bikes in Indio or what?

mofomofo
04-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Sorry no, we bring them but also the house we rent from has a couple too. Of course, an idiot friend of a friend left one of the owner's bikes unlocked and it got jacked. He paid them back, so I'm hoping they'll be cool letting us use them again.

Sorry I can't be of help w/ rentals, though I'm sure they exist. Maybe even check into whether any residents in the Intervals or larger Indian Palms have bikes you can rent from them.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
These guys are in Palm Desert.

Tri A Bike (http://www.triabike.com/)

gkrablin
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Nice. Thanks. Pretty expensive though...I'll probably just bear the walk and not have to deal with locks and stuff. Maybe I can hitch a ride in the back of a truck or something.