PDA

View Full Version : True Fan, looking for 2 tix...

Yashi
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I know this is a crazy shot in the dark, but I figured I'd try, since there aren't many other options. I'm DYING to go to Coachella. Initially I didn't have anybody to go with me, which is why I held off on buying tickets right away. Little did I know that the tickets would sell out in record time (6 effing days???!!!). Now that I've found a partner in crime to join me, I'm scrambling to find tickets that aren't a bazillion dollars. I'm certainly willing to buy the tickets for anywhere in the range of $300 - $400, but just don't have the funds for more than that. Nor do I feel like giving business to the crap scalpers because the "business" of "online resale ticket brokering" sickens me to the core.

I've been fortunate enough to see a couple of the bands in concert before (Arcade Fire, The National, Kings of Leon), but there are so many bands I like going to Coachella, it'd be a shame to miss out. I'd love to see Mumford & Sons, The Swell Season, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, Ozomatli, Cage the Elephant, the Chemical Brothers, Paul van Dyk, and Sasha among others. Any chance there's somebody out there with a couple of extra tickets? Pretty please! I'm a true fan. Hell, I'd even meet up with you and buy you a couple of beers while we're there! Please private message me if you have any leads/suggestions/extra tickets. Thanks fer yer time!

stepup2stepout
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
True fan, eh?

jokerfit
03-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Do you have a Coachella authentic jersey?

frazzles
03-08-2011, 01:11 AM
lolz true fan

Blinken
03-08-2011, 01:21 AM
As the great prophet Charlie Sheen once said "Plan Better"

thenoiboi
03-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Do you have a Coachella authentic jersey?

probably even has the coach' new era 59fifty, yo.

Yashi
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Maybe I should clarify. I'm a true fan of many of the bands on lineup. I'm a noob when it comes to Coachella. I'm just not a hot blonde chick who can use her feminine wiles to coerce guys to sell her their tickets, so I thought I'd just plead my case as someone who would be eternally grateful and truly appreciate the gesture (and the festival).

mikecc
03-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Dude I spent 372 and thats before they sold out (ticket+shuttle pass combo). you might wanna think about increasing ur range

Aphxtwinin
03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
im a true fan of vagina, anyone out there willing to give me some?!?! im willing to pay nothing

stepup2stepout
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
im a true fan of vagina, anyone out there willing to give me some?!?! im willing to pay nothing

PM sent

Blinken
03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
What makes you a true fan? That blonde chick could be considered more of a fan for taking a shot in the m1outh to see her favorite band. What about the guy that is willing to pay market price? Isn't he more of a fan because the monetary value he places on seeing the band is greater than the value you place on it?

Yashi
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
So you're staying to be a "true fan" one has to have unlimited monetary funds? I would like to think that one's passion or fanaticism for a band or music is based on more than how much they can afford to pay for a ticket. That being said, all I can say is that I am a fanatic of a number of the bands on the lineup. I read up on their history, listen to all of their albums, go to their shows when I can, watch videos/live casts of their shows online, etc., etc. The point of the post was merely to try to establish myself as a genuine and enthusiastic music lover who's looking for a random act of kindness when it came to selling their tickets, not to get into a philosophical discussion about the legitimacy of fanaticism.

What makes you a true fan? That blonde chick could be considered more of a fan for taking a shot in the m1outh to see her favorite band. What about the guy that is willing to pay market price? Isn't he more of a fan because the monetary value he places on seeing the band is greater than the value you place on it?

jokerfit
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
probably even has the coach' new era 59fifty, yo.

AHHHHHHH SHIIIIAAAATTT

TheRotten42
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
So you're staying to be a "true fan" one has to have unlimited monetary funds? I would like to think that one's passion or fanaticism for a band or music is based on more than how much they can afford to pay for a ticket. That being said, all I can say is that I am a fanatic of a number of the bands on the lineup. I read up on their history, listen to all of their albums, go to their shows when I can, watch videos/live casts of their shows online, etc., etc. The point of the post was merely to try to establish myself as a genuine and enthusiastic music lover who's looking for a random act of kindness when it came to selling their tickets, not to get into a philosophical discussion about the legitimacy of fanaticism.

Do you have tits? if no, GTFO.

insbordnat
03-09-2011, 04:12 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ww8rIzL91qakn9to1_500.gif

MistaGlitch
03-09-2011, 04:25 AM
coachella fans don't carry any weight around here...only coachella celebrities.

TomAz
03-09-2011, 06:31 AM
http://www.teachscape.com/html/ts/nps/images/planning_for_outcomes.gif

markinetic
03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
booyaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tandemind
03-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Yashi, here's the deal. Most people going to Coachella are also true fans! The only people there who might not be are chicks and bros. Without Tiesto and Guetta this year, the bro-factor will be majorly decreased. And no one's gonna pick you to come to Coachella over a hot chick. Unless you happen to be one. Which brings us back to that age-old crossroads - tits or gtfo.

guedita
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
It is pretty annoying when others refuse to believe that I am the actual incarnation of Defoe's Moll Flanders. It's like....but I said it. So I am.

gaypalmsprings
03-09-2011, 08:53 AM
You need merchandise to prove you are a true fan.

http://rlv.zcache.com/true_fan_bag-p1490569530647870232w92h_400.jpg

TheRotten42
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Without Tiesto and Guetta this year, the bro-factor will be majorly decreased

Did you forget that Kanye and Kings of Leon are playing

rays8957
03-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Did you forget that Kanye and Kings of Leon are playing

This^^ Speaking on behalf of the bro's, we are very excited about the bro potential at this years coachella. Give me some fuckin rockin Flogging Molly and JEW! Man gonna be so sick, play some beer pong at the site broing out. Hope you bro's are ready!!

TomAz
03-09-2011, 12:13 PM
It is pretty annoying when others refuse to believe that I am the actual incarnation of Defoe's Moll Flanders. It's like....but I said it. So I am.

over the head of anyone you could have been aiming this at. but nicely done nonetheless.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
The bro-factor will be down!?!?!?

I'll bring my KMK jersey then to up the factor!

socalguy100
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
What exactly is a bro-factor? If it has anything to do with math, I'm not interested.