PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who bought VIP.

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Can any of you that purchase VIP tickets at face value tell me what the total ended up being per ticket? I just purchased VIP tickets off a legit ticket broker for $775 each. Just trying to see if I got a good deal.

mmsk123
03-07-2011, 09:31 AM
3 Day VIP General Admission Pass
Ticket PriceUS $699.00 x 1
Facility ChargeUS $12.00 x 1
Convenience ChargeUS $38.00 x 1
SUBTOTALUS $749.00

Looks like you did.

frazzles
03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I hope you realize that VIP does NOT admit you into the festival, but only the VIP area (which is ultimately useless).

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope you realize that VIP does NOT admit you into the festival, but only the VIP area (which is ultimately useless).

you are an idiot. VIP is not an upgrade this year. It includes a 3day ga pass + VIP amenities...

frozen pilgrim
03-07-2011, 09:17 PM
you are an idiot. VIP is not an upgrade this year. It includes a 3day ga pass + VIP amenities...

ex-fucking-scuse me

you didn't have you info straight EARLIER TODAY.

so kindly GET THE FUCK OUT, SCALPER

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
ex-fucking-scuse me

you didn't have you info straight EARLIER TODAY.

so kindly GET THE FUCK OUT, SCALPER

Wow... just wow.. didn't know the total price.. but I know what is included in VIP... ***...

gaypalmsprings
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
If you have to pay for it, you aren't really VIP.

iammrcandyman
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM

mfw

icnaxx
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Kinda disagree. Everybody "pays".

It might a be favor. It might be to enhance a business relationship. It might be to get Coachella PR.

All those Celebs that go to Coachella that get comps get Coachella in the magazines and in popular media at large. It makes Coachella hip and NOW.

However, I do agree with this statement...

"If you pay with cash, you're not VIP".

Stickjohn
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
All those Celebs that go to Coachella that get comps get Coachella in the magazines and in popular media at large. It makes Coachella hip and NOW.

maybe in your world

stuholden
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
are the vip tickets worth the extra money?

socalguy100
03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
are the vip tickets worth the extra money?

I don't think so. The only way I'd consider it is if they had a VIP area closer to the stage, but the VIP areas are not anywhere near the stages. Better drinks, better food, cleaner toilets, and the chance to see a celebrity are not worth more than 2x the cost of a GA ticket.

stuholden
03-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't think so. The only way I'd consider it is if they had a VIP area closer to the stage, but the VIP areas are not anywhere near the stages. Better drinks, better food, cleaner toilets, and the chance to see a celebrity are not worth more than 2x the cost of a GA ticket.
cool, thanks very much. I just saw some GA ones for $425 before fees and such and to pay double that for vip tickets it would have to take something special, esp since my gf wants to go too. Although, I need to keep the celebrities sighting part of vip unknown to her, as that would likely be an added benefit to her but for me not so much. Thanks for the info!

sonabun
03-09-2011, 04:00 PM

I've done VIP at ACL and that's worth the extra money. For around the same price as the Coachella VIP you get all you can drink beer (heineken and new castle), bottles juices, teas, water and catered food all weekend.

doggie3343
03-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I am soooo glad I didnt buy a vip ticket

iammrcandyman
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM
sRx4skHsGWg&feature=related

dekelou
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I've done VIP at ACL and that's worth the extra money. For around the same price as the Coachella VIP you get all you can drink beer (heineken and new castle), bottles juices, teas, water and catered food all weekend.

Agreed. The free booze does make it worth it, but at times the lines got pretty long at ACL in the VIP. Not that I am complaining after finding a legit All Access pass on the ground last year.

Lolla, there's free booze, much shorter lines for liquor and bathrooms, and some elevated stage viewing areas at the south side of Grant Park. More bang for your buck there.

bigjerm23
03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Can any of you that purchase VIP tickets at face value tell me what the total ended up being per ticket? I just purchased VIP tickets off a legit ticket broker for $775 each. Just trying to see if I got a good deal.

It was actually $754 per ticket with the $5 Domestic shipping charge/ticket:

Section
Row
Seats GA
GA0
121 - 122
Seating Chart
Type3 Day VIP General Admission Pass
Ticket PriceUS $699.00 x 2
Facility ChargeUS $12.00 x 2
Convenience ChargeUS $38.00 x 2
SUBTOTALUS $1,498.00
Tickets/ItemsUS $1,498.00
domestic shipping $10US $10.00
TOTAL CHARGESUS $1,508.00

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Free booze wouldn't even make what Coachella charges for VIP worth it....I just don't see myself drinking $450.00 in booze over the 3 days, and lines are NEVER a problem buying booze in the general areas.

bigjerm23
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Free booze wouldn't even make what Coachella charges for VIP worth it....I just don't see myself drinking $450.00 in booze over the 3 days, and lines are NEVER a problem buying booze in the general areas.

Maybe you've NEVER run into a problem buying booze in the general areas but last year Security wasn't letting ANYONE into the drinking area by the Sahara/Mojave tents for AT LEAST 20 mins. Security was just standing at the entrance blocking everyone and making them wait. There was plenty of space in the area too so there was no real reason as to why they were doing this. I felt like a riot was going to break out at anytime. It was enough of a frustration for me to get VIP this year. I know that might sound ridiculous but smaller lines for drinks and bathrooms is worth it to me personally.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Wow, well hopefully it works out. My one short experience in the VIP area was that the bar was really crowded and i had to wait haha

frozen pilgrim
03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I had vip in 08 as part of the coachella express (best. thing. ever) and it was nice to be able to shit a bit more comfortably and get some slightly cushier shade, but it didn't add anything really special to the experience for me. not worth it, IMO

ThatGirl
03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Kinda disagree. Everybody "pays".

It might a be favor. It might be to enhance a business relationship. It might be to get Coachella PR.

However, I do agree with this statement...

"If you pay with cash, you're not VIP".

Currency comes in a lot of forms but everyone does pay to some extent..with cash, career advancement opportunities, charisma or via the casting couch. There is nothing wrong with buying VIP ..no different than upgrading on an airplane. More comfort, better seat... in this case it means better vantage points and perks.

dekelou
03-10-2011, 11:43 AM

Usually it isn't a problem buying booze, I agree. But being able to dart in and out of the VIP by the Sahara during the crowded shows to get drinks and not spend half the set waiting in line is key for me. Since pissing and buying booze are festival constants (at least for me), I consider the money well spent to make these activities as short as possible so I can get on with the facemelting.

ThatGirl
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Usually it isn't a problem buying booze, I agree. But being able to dart in and out of the VIP by the Sahara during the crowded shows to get drinks and not spend half the set waiting in line is key for me. Since pissing and buying booze are festival constants (at least for me), I consider the money well spent to make these activities as short as possible so I can get on with the facemelting.

Fully agree! If you can pay to avoid endless line ups and actually enjoy the shows you are paying for, it's a win in my book.

tessalasset
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
no different than upgrading on an airplane. More comfort, better seat... in this case it means better vantage points and perks.

But why spend double the price when you're both gonna get to the same destination at the same time? If money is no object, then of course. But for those of us with limited disposable income, it is not a worthy investment. Also, better vantage points?? Have you ever been in the VIP area?

JustSteve
03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Currency comes in a lot of forms but everyone does pay to some extent..with cash, career advancement opportunities, charisma or via the casting couch. There is nothing wrong with buying VIP ..no different than upgrading on an airplane. More comfort, better seat... in this case it means better vantage points and perks.

and where are these better vantage points you speak of? oh right, they don't exist. and i love that about coachella, no buying a better view like you can at other fests. everyone is pretty much on the same level when it comes watching the sets. well, unless you get one of those other wristbands ;)

edit: tessa beat me to it, just didn't get to the end of the thread.

ThatGirl
03-11-2011, 06:23 AM
and where are these better vantage points you speak of? oh right, they don't exist. and i love that about coachella, no buying a better view like you can at other fests. everyone is pretty much on the same level when it comes watching the sets. well, unless you get one of those other wristbands ;)

edit: tessa beat me to it, just didn't get to the end of the thread.

Sorry I should clarify - I shouldn't refer specifically to just Coachella when referring to better vantage points with VIP...Just talking about paying for VIP in general. You are right to point out that at Coachella VIP just gives you some more creature comforts. However you can pay for more access (ie) Safari Tents etc that give you different levels of access such as the Artist pass. Those "other wristbands" can be purchased ;)

JustSteve
03-11-2011, 06:45 AM
some of us don't need to purchase them, though...so i see your ;) and raise you a ;) ;)

ThatGirl
03-11-2011, 07:09 AM
some of us don't need to purchase them, though...so i see your ;) and raise you a ;) ;)

Well then I tip my hat to you, if you are one of those lucky few. I guess I'm a a lowly noob with better cash flow than connections.. I'm treating myself to an upgraded experience for my 40th birthday. :)

nationocean
03-11-2011, 08:19 AM
most annoying lurker posts in a while... seriously.

ThatGirl
03-11-2011, 08:48 AM
most annoying lurker posts in a while... seriously.

I clarified a point when someone asked me a question.. to my knowledge nobody rang your buzzer.