PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Just hit the lowest. Grab them while you can.

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Alright all of you craps

guedita
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
The Hype is on vacation in Bermuda til Thursday. Get on it!

TomAz
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q0n6TmywWf8/RnwbH_wndrI/AAAAAAAAAOE/k-KTiYp6GVg/s400/Public+Enemy+-+Dont+Believe+The+Hype-Vinyl.jpg

Fourthisto
03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
They were a good band, but then they sold out. (http://www.spreadshirt.com/pink-fuck-the-hype-by-wam-zip-hoodies-ja-C3376A3816495)

http://i52.tinypic.com/dhacrp.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Sounds like OP is a scalper

thedude15
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM

A couple of things could be happening

a.) Privileged people became aware more tickets will be released through GV. They greatly reduced their price to try to get people to buy the tickets (even if you sell at tic for 500 on stub hub it is still $100 profit).

b.) Normally people (small time scalpers) got the email message "tics will ship soon" said "this is a good time to post tics on stub hub" and listed them at a price that will sell.

c.) People are starting to panic. They sell a tic for $500 know instead of taking the gamble that prices might go down.

Keep in mind 700 tics is NOT a lot for an event this big. I have seen some event were over 20% of the tics were on stub hub. 700 tics is only like 1%.

My guess is a is NOT true. If a was true it seems like there would be some talk (or at least rumor) of it on this board. PLUS it has already been established big scalpers did not buy the tics. Small time scalpers would not be afforded any privileged information.

I would guess it is a combo of b and c. So yes prices could drop further but they could also increase. Small time scalpers are harder to predict than big time scalpers.

guedita
03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
You spent some time really analyzing the situation, didn't you? It's a shame you are so stupid.

PlayaDelWes
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Ogdelta9 (http://www.coachella.com/forum/member.php?u=43284)

Where'd you get that idea?

weeklymix
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
1 of his posts is about cellphones, the other 5 are about tickets and their value. Obviously a scalper.

TomAz
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/dhacrp.jpg

I've just spent 10 minutes trying to remember who this is. dammit.

Fourthisto
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I've just spent 10 minutes trying to remember who this is. dammit.Oooof. Sorry about that, I think I owe you a Coke.

doggie3343
03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Alright all of you. Prices are at an all time low. Stubhub has some GAs for $515 right now and ebay auctions are in he high $400/low $500 range. As soon as the hype is back prices will once again rise! I don't think more tickets will be released by GV. So get on it!

Unlike

icnaxx
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
The Hype is on vacation in Bermuda til Thursday. Get on it!

what happens on thursday?

btw, did you get your tickets? I thought your post was really funny and original.

guedita
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
what happens on thursday?

btw, did you get your tickets? I thought your post was really funny and original.

The Hype comes back on Thursday and ticket prices will go up. OP made that pretty evident.

Oh I got my tickets baby. And so much more.

frizzlefry
03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Apparently there is a GA ticket (1 of 4) available to buy now for 420 on ebay, just checked it, are these yours OG?

citizenerased
03-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Apparently there is a GA ticket (1 of 4) available to buy now for 420 on ebay, just checked it, are these yours OG?
I saw that earlier, than looked at the shipping($200). Dick move.

PlayaDelWes
03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
^report that shit

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I am not a scalper for the douchebags that think I am... Just giving the heads up. I barely bought my TICKETS. Been lurking stubhub, eBay and other sites waiting for a good time to buy. Bought VIP tickets $20 above face value. My work paid off in my opinion. And I think I'm pretty smart when it comes to stuff like this...

I think prices will start to go up by next week. Professional scalpers are not lowering their prices much. Check the sites. The ones that are cheap are from rookies that bought extras.

Scalpers won't get stuck with tickets the worst thing that can happen to them is that they might be forced to sell at face value or a few bucks less. A risk scalpers are willing to take cause if prices rise or stay the same they still come out on top... and most of them already made a killing...

So hurry up and buy...

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
I saw that earlier, than looked at the shipping($200). Dick move.

Those are your moms tickets son...

citizenerased
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't get it

Ogdelta9
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't get it

My bad. Wasn't meant for you hut to the guy that said those were my tickets...

Wheres the beef?
03-07-2011, 09:14 PM
You spent some time really analyzing the situation, didn't you? It's a shame you are so stupid.

I don't like seeing you take the easy way out. That's not your style.

choice cat
03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Shipping is always a bitch on ebay. But what did this guy do that got everyone so angry? DId you really think he was going to somehow make a monetary gain by suggesting prices were low on stubhub and ebay on here?

shoegazer76
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
The reincarnation of DeltaSigChi.

Ogdelta9
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Shipping is always a bitch on ebay. But what did this guy do that got everyone so angry? DId you really think he was going to somehow make a monetary gain by suggesting prices were low on stubhub and ebay on here?

Seriously...

If I had anything for sale I would post links or would have been specific...

But its just the usual douchebags that love to talk shit...

MB IV CA
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM

b.) Normally people (small time scalpers) got the email message "tics will ship soon" said "this is a good time to post tics on stub hub" and listed them at a price that will sell.

When did you get that email? I didn't get one yet

mr powerful
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM

prices could drop further but they could also increase.

mmmmmmmmmmh

thedude15
03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
mmmmmmmmmmh

Clearly I am the smartest person in the world by making such a bold statement. haha

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
0 Late adds would probably equal a drop. If any late adds happen, then well... it's gonna go up. Now... the real test will be to see what happens to ticket sales and price of them as soon as people have the actual wristbands in their hands.

thedude15
03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
0 Late adds would probably equal a drop. If any late adds happen, then well... it's gonna go up. Now... the real test will be to see what happens to ticket sales and price of them as soon as people have the actual wristbands in their hands.

I think this drop was caused by the email saying tickets will ship soon. I really do not see another drop when wristbands are in hand. If they drop further it will be because of panic.

Just like some people pay a CRAZY high price right after it sold old some people will sell the tickets for a crazy low price (ie almost face) because they panic.

With late adds

Why would they announce them? It it is truly sold out just announce the late adds a couple of days before the show. This way scalpers do not reap the benefit. Granted there could be leaks but I do not see the point of releasing anything official. Unless they still have more tickets to sell.

frizzlefry
03-09-2011, 01:11 AM
If GV really cared about scalpers they probably would have lowered the number of tickets you can purchase to three. I may be a broke mother fucker, but how many of us were really in a situation, or could imagine it, where we had five friends with no major credit card and 900-1600 dollars to help them out.

IRSCOTT
03-09-2011, 02:12 AM
If GV really cared about scalpers they probably would have lowered the number of tickets you can purchase to three. I may be a broke mother fucker, but how many of us were really in a situation, or could imagine it, where we had five friends with no major credit card and 900-1600 dollars to help them out.

I'm sorry but I'm not a baller/pimp/millionare hower after buying my ticket and my g/f's I was forced to buy 4 more for my sister her man, my friend and thier best friend because there all broke and wouldn't have $ till tax time. Drained my savings cost over 2000$ but it was worth it. I have already been paid back but I did use all avalible purchases.if they had been prepared we could have saved the 200$ in shuttle cash too! oh well not I'm going to look for 2-3 more shuttle passes and maybe try that out this year ( we stay at lake Cauilla)

IRSCOTT
03-09-2011, 02:13 AM
All that being said I guess we could have used my G/f's card for 3 and mine for 3 if that was the limit...

frizzlefry
03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Thank you for keeping my foot out of my mouth

jahchella
03-09-2011, 08:07 PM
225 camp

sonabun
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not a baller/pimp/millionare hower after buying my ticket and my g/f's I was forced to buy 4 more for my sister her man, my friend and thier best friend because there all broke and wouldn't have $ till tax time. Drained my savings cost over 2000$ but it was worth it. I have already been paid back but I did use all avalible purchases.if they had been prepared we could have saved the 200$ in shuttle cash too! oh well not I'm going to look for 2-3 more shuttle passes and maybe try that out this year ( we stay at lake Cauilla)

I'm in the same boat as you. I was put in charge of trying to find tickets for all my friends that didn't get any. So far I've bought up 5 @ $500 each and I've still got like 3-4 on my list that need tickets still.

wewantmuse
03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
225 camp

wow they're already that low? seemed like just yesterday they were getting bid over $300. i just paid $275 for mine.. oh well.

socalguy100
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
If GV really cared about scalpers they probably would have lowered the number of tickets you can purchase to three....

Or raise the price of tickets.

brfilora
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
225 camp

That's a steal. Average price is still hovering around $300

ticketless
03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
GA tickets look like they are still falling $420-$450 on eBay at the moment

Pelojo
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
You can get a handle on Intro to Economics on this board...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
My friend just sold her ticket for $350 just to get straight cash immediately, if they don't have any late adds, tickets will drop. I've been saying that since day one. Once people get wristbands prices can drop as well.

ferbononi
03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I decided not to go anymore because it was too expensive...
but as I saw prices going down...I decided to wait and see...
Hopefully I'll get one...!!
=)

frizzlefry
03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
You don't want it enough imho

kimmyyf
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I picked up my car camping via stubhub for around $290. Just looked and they're around $275. Do you think $275 is around the lowest its going to get?

Also, stubhub should have vaild tickets, right? Im scared to death of buying a fake. I dont care about the money if its a fake, its missing out on the experience that im worried about!

wewantmuse
03-12-2011, 01:54 AM
with stubhub, your money is secure. if you don't receive the ticket, you are refunded your money. it's possible that someone is selling a ticket they don't actually have, but with stubhub's policies, it's really rare to see someone trying to sell a fake ticket on there.

tldr; you're safe.

choice cat
03-12-2011, 04:47 AM
My friend just sold her ticket for $350 just to get straight cash immediately, if they don't have any late adds, tickets will drop. I've been saying that since day one. Once people get wristbands prices can drop as well.

how can you be so sure? Once tickets are out, the number of tickets that are actually available will decrease. People who are actually going to go will buy a ticket and the swapping of that particular ticket will end. It will have reached its final owner who is %100 for sure going. Know what I mean?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-12-2011, 09:32 AM
how can you be so sure? Once tickets are out, the number of tickets that are actually available will decrease. People who are actually going to go will buy a ticket and the swapping of that particular ticket will end. It will have reached its final owner who is %100 for sure going. Know what I mean?

Yeah but it's easier to sell a ticket when it's in hand. If you're not a scalper you wouldn't sell it the moment you bought it. Reality now sits in of "oh shit I can't go because of (no place to stay, personal issues, etc. etc.), well now I have my ticket I can sell it"

Selling ticket on hand is a lot easier than selling a personal guarantee.

TheScaryOne
03-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Found a bunch of tickets for $425 (before fees) at viagogo. Anyone know if this is legitimate or safe purchase? It's not on the site if you search, you have to go through their twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/viagogo_na

WhyTheLongFace
03-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah legit but after fees its 490

LickTheLizzard
03-12-2011, 12:17 PM
i saw the viagogo thing too. it looks legit, but who knows.

Bumblebee
03-12-2011, 02:07 PM
with stubhub, your money is secure. if you don't receive the ticket, you are refunded your money. it's possible that someone is selling a ticket they don't actually have, but with stubhub's policies, it's really rare to see someone trying to sell a fake ticket on there.

tldr; you're safe.

You could find yourself in indio without any way to get inside the venue and your on the hook for all travel costs. A ticket refund won't heal that much pain.

All secondary ticket purchases are a calculated risk.

kimmyyf
03-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Eh, I bought my tickets on layaway firsthand from the Coachella site. Its my camping that I got on stubhub. If all else fails, Ill find a hotel forever away, or just sleep at a truckstop or something crazy. I wouldnt travel from TX to CA if I wasn't 100% that my 3-day pass was real.

ErikFlyingV
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Eh, I bought my tickets on layaway firsthand from the Coachella site. Its my camping that I got on stubhub. If all else fails, Ill find a hotel forever away, or just sleep at a truckstop or something crazy. I wouldnt travel from TX to CA if I wasn't 100% that my 3-day pass was real.

You'll be fine, if you cheat StubHub they fight back. They have the seller's credit card on hand so if they mess with you, they will get fined incredibly hard.

One time I put a ticket on there, then found out I could go after all, but forgot to take it down. So I get an email saying I have a potential buyer, I declined the sale and got an onslaught of repercussions. And I didn't even agree to sell! They take this very seriously.

So, if anyone Does have to buy from a thirdparty, do stubhub. Craigslist might be fine, but for a deal like this I would strongly advise against it. Same goes for here, unless it is someone who is a regular I would be weary.

brochelluh
03-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey all,

Some are on StubHub right now for $485. I just pulled one off ebay for $475. They will undoubtedly go down after people receive the hard copy imo.

I just wanted to get it handled but keep hunting because the prices are definitely dropping.

See you in the desert!!

brochelluh
03-13-2011, 10:08 AM

It's all speculation really but prices have been dropping as of late and it stands to economic reason. There will be tickets going for face value guaranteed, especially a few days prior. Ultimately it's all a risk and that's why I was raped for $475 :( But I didn't want to take the risk so the extra money was worth it for me.

ErikFlyingV
03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
475$ is still steep, but think of all the people who bought them right when they sold out. Some were in excess of a thousand I believe. I can understand the panic, but that's brutal.

brochelluh
03-13-2011, 03:17 PM
475$ is still steep, but think of all the people who bought them right when they sold out. Some were in excess of a thousand I believe. I can understand the panic, but that's brutal.

I know. I got a little too antsy as I am sure they will be going for less money near showtime. I just wanted to secure my ticket but I was looking the day after they sold out and peeps were paying $800-1k!! Next year I am loading up on tickets, camping passes etc when layaway releases and, mark my words, it will sell out in a day...

brochelluh
03-13-2011, 03:24 PM
GA tickets look like they are still falling $420-$450 on eBay at the moment

A little more than that but quite close. I bought mine today, my best advice is wait until people start receiving in the mail. You will be able to find one for $400 or so, perhaps less.

Premium Roast
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
"ride home to your computers men!" =

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/12300/12354/2bullrun_12354_md.gif

:thu

shakermaker113
03-13-2011, 04:29 PM
I still anticipate a flood of tickets and lowering of prices when non scalpers who bought just in case or whose plans changed finally get them in hand.

Desaparecidos
03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
They went back up to $530 on stubhub after like 50+ sold for around $480 that I saw... I think to many people are just getting nervous and buying them while they break into the $400's... still likely they will go down more?

sonabun
03-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I think that every event/situation is unique. There will be some similarities but it never follows the same path. So just think next year if the events sells out in 3 days instead of 6 do you think the prices will follow the same path. Probably not because all the people who panicked and payed $900-$1000 right after it sold out are probably kicking themself right now seeing the prices in the $500's. Also other factors like tickets going out last year vs. wristbands this year and them holding back the mailing date changes the market for passes. So anyones guess is just as good as another...

dnbmunke
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Economics 101 folks. Do your brain a favor and take this class.

heyeric
03-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Our group just bought a car camping pass on Ebay for $210. Not bad.

BeeII
03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
i should start tracking prices daily and play the chella ticket market. oh well, maybe next year i'll start tracking and then use that data to play the market the year after that.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Economics 101 folks. Do your brain a favor and take this class.

Tickets = Supply and Demand

Camping tickets/housing/rentals/etc. = Complimentary Goods

Price Levels = both of the above

Remember folks the worth of something is only what someone is willing to pay for it.

sonabun
03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
i should start tracking prices daily and play the chella ticket market. oh well, maybe next year i'll start tracking and then use that data to play the market the year after that.

only if there was a trading system out there for event tickets.

what's the bid/ask on GA passes?

shorting passes right after they sell out for $1000 and then cover your shorts today for $500 not a bad idea

BeeII
03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
only if there was a trading system out there for event tickets.

what's the bid/ask on GA passes?

shorting passes right after they sell out for $1000 and then cover your shorts today for $500 not a bad idea

pretty much.

jessegp
03-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Is stubhub safe to buy from for coachella?

Kind of hesitant, especially because of the wristbands, etc.

I've purchased tickets off the site numerous times, but it's a different situation this time.

insbordnat
03-19-2011, 12:02 AM
^good question, not sure if this has been discussed already here

cutterbutter
03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Just like having tickets shipped to you, the wristband will be shipped to you. Will there be counterfeits? Yes. But in much smaller quantities then there are for normal TM tickets.

johnnypolite
03-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Just bought mine for $480.

ticketless
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Just bought mine for $480.

I just saw one go for $430 on eBay, I'm still holding out

AgainstFeist
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I just saw one go for $430 on eBay, I'm still holding out

Wow, $430 seems pretty reasonable.Especially from a reliable seller. I'm buying next week with my tax return. I'm with you and hope they drop further.

ferbononi
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Still waiting too!!
=)

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM

I've purchased tickets off the site numerous times, but it's a different situation this time.

Stubhub is the absolute best because if it's a fake you'll get compensated for tickets, etc.

blueblazered
03-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow, $430 seems pretty reasonable.Especially from a reliable seller. I'm buying next week with my tax return. I'm with you and hope they drop further.

Should we just keep waiting? My friend has the money to buy now, I hope there isn't a spike in prices.

baily
03-25-2011, 07:23 AM
There's always a spike the final 2 weeks as word spreads that friends are going ...and now want to go with them....and everyone else that has waited for prices to come down.

blueblazered
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
There's always a spike the final 2 weeks as word spreads that friends are going ...and now want to go with them....and everyone else that has waited for prices to come down.

Yeah, I have a feeling that waiting will backfire and prices will skyrocket. We still have to buy a car camping pass too. Hmm...

AgainstFeist
03-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Should we just keep waiting? My friend has the money to buy now, I hope there isn't a spike in prices.

If you really want to go and can afford it buy them in the low $400's. You can wait and maybe they will come down another ~$100, but you run the risk of not being able to go. Its a brutal game.

Antoine3323
03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
There's always a spike the final 2 weeks as word spreads that friends are going ...and now want to go with them....

Word. There was a huge panic in my area the last 2 weeks before Coachella last year after people found out that all their friends were going. Most people are lazy and will only make the effort to go because they see it as the thing to do. These people wait until the last week or 2. Therefore, ticket prices will jump again. My advice, buy now before the panic happens

DFrank
03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Especially now that wristbands have been mailed. Prices are going to spike back to $600 easily.

TomServo
03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
There are probably a lot of folks who were waiting for the wristbands to ship to make a move. Tough call.

I still can't believe the price for those headliners. It's freakin' me out!

BCSBuzz
03-28-2011, 03:46 PM

Check the shipping date on the listings. Sometimes it can be worth a few extra bucks to take wristbands that ship immediately vs. four days prior to the event because if your band is an obvious fake at least SH can try to find replacements for you. Four days out their options are limited especially if they are not set up for Last Minute Services at the venue which seems like a pretty slim possibility.

Robin
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I recently saw an auction on eBay. 2 GA passes plus Car Camping for $700.