PDA

View Full Version : What's better - Tent or Car Camping?

dcbell05
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
If you have the option of either car camping or tent camping, which is better and why? Pros and Cons?

I've heard that hauling your stuff from your car to the tent can be a pain in tent camping, but it seems like it might be quieter? I do realize you get less psace in tent camping, but you also don't have your car.

We would only have 1 car, so going in and out would not be possible if we car camped, but I don't know how likely we would be to do this if we had tent camping (2am-10am sounds like crappy hours).

Thoughts? They would both be the same price.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Diana

Stickjohn
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
This gets discussed a lot and I think you pretty much have the details down. It really just comes down to personal preference. Last year was the first year of car camping and tent camping sold out pretty fast this year, but it's also smaller so hard to draw conclusions.

I would consider yourself very lucky to get either one at this point.

dcbell05
03-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks Stickjohn. Last year was the first year for car camping? I didn't know that. Was it all tent camping before then?

I think the idea of possibly having to lug our stuff from the car to the tent area, and the fact that we can keep an eye on our car and any personal belongings can be locked up, influenced us to go with the car camping.

I DO consider myself lucky. We had a backup plan to stay with my friend's mom (who lives about 13mi away), but now that prices have come down on camping, we can afford to experience it all.