PDA

View Full Version : Reminder to Layaway buyers!!

DaftpunkisWhere
02-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Tomorrow is the day they take money out of your account

Hope you remembered!

:winkiss

bemerritt
02-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Whoa, I actually did forget. Thanks for the heads up, but this should only be a problem for those people who canceled the card they initially paid with or if there are insufficient funds in the account right?

Radiohead
02-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Woohoo! Maybe it's just because my life is boring, but I'm totally excited to finally have my ticket paid for in full.

alpez03
02-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

choice cat
02-28-2011, 11:21 PM
What will they do with the tickets from the people who cannot make the payment? Undoubtedly this will happen

digitaldragon03
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Ugh, the check I deposited into the ATM on Saturday still hasnt had the full funds deposited.

PDXdev
02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
It will be okay:

"MORE INFO -IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

No refunds. Default on payments will result in loss of deposit and cancellation of your order, however if a payment is declined you will be granted a 10 day window to reply to our inquiry with updated payment info. We will contact you with in the first week of the month if your payment does not go through"

That's from here http://coachella.frontgatetickets.com/corp/about.php?id=1279

I'm getting my paycheck late so I'm going to not have the funds either. I plan on contacting them rather than vise versa, though.

choice cat
03-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Very nice of them to give a week buffer. I would imagine this will cut down on people not making payment, but my question still stands!

PDXdev
03-01-2011, 12:12 AM
It's a good question. If there was a significant amount that were returned I would think they might do a one day sale type of thing. But, more likely, I think GV will give the tickets away to various people (friends of bands/promoters/celebrities/VIPs, etc.)

choice cat
03-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah that would make sense.

Radiohead
03-01-2011, 01:01 AM
I doubt that a significant number of people will fail to make their payments. The value of a ticket is so much higher than face at this point that even people who really can't afford it will likely find some way to cover their payments and then sell on CL or eBay.

Of course, I'm sure there will still be a few tickets that don't get paid for.

DarkOnFire
03-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know if they have already deducted this month's payment? For the previous February payment, I know they deducted it around 7pm EST. Was it the same for everyone else? Or did they do it in batches?

I'm asking because I just lost my wallet and I had to cancel my credit cards and wait for the bank to issue me new ones, so I don't know whether I'll be in time to get a new card.

bobchella
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Tomorrow is the day they take money out of your account

Hope you remembered!

:winkiss

I remembered! A-OK

Iamwelting
03-01-2011, 09:07 AM
It's the perfect storm: Rent, Chella Layaway, and my online banking is down.

brfilora
03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if they have already deducted this month's payment? For the previous February payment, I know they deducted it around 7pm EST. Was it the same for everyone else? Or did they do it in batches?

I'm asking because I just lost my wallet and I had to cancel my credit cards and wait for the bank to issue me new ones, so I don't know whether I'll be in time to get a new card.

It was done in batches, however I believe it was a matter of hours inbetween, not days.

My girlfriend got charged several hours before I did in February

nosurprises12
03-01-2011, 09:12 AM
It will be okay:

"MORE INFO -IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

No refunds. Default on payments will result in loss of deposit and cancellation of your order, however if a payment is declined you will be granted a 10 day window to reply to our inquiry with updated payment info. We will contact you with in the first week of the month if your payment does not go through"

That's from here http://coachella.frontgatetickets.com/corp/about.php?id=1279

I'm getting my paycheck late so I'm going to not have the funds either. I plan on contacting them rather than vise versa, though.

They're pretty good about this kind of thing. I had a problem with a payment last year, and was given a call by a friendly representative. He gave me some time to get the funds in order, and we agreed upon a date a few days after the initial due date for the charge to be put through. If you call them, I doubt you'll have a problem!

frizzlefry
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
What will they do with the tickets from the people who cannot make the payment? Undoubtedly this will happen

I called Frontgate a little while ago to clear up some unrelated mistake I made when trying to purchase a ticket. The rep I was talking to said that Coachella told them explicitly that they will not release anymore tickets, nothing more nothing less. I imagine they probably will give em to friends and family of the biz

KickerConspiracy
03-01-2011, 01:10 PM
It's the perfect storm: Rent, Chella Layaway, and my online banking is down.

Yeah, WTF is up with Bank of America? I hope WikiLeaks rips those assholes a new one.

Laura owns you
03-01-2011, 01:23 PM

Same thing happened to my fiance last month. Everything worked out fine. Just contact them before the 10th with your info, they'll be able to make it work.

TheScenestar
03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
If people made it this far with layaway payments, then more than likely, there won't be many tickets NOT paid for. Especially with that 10 day extension if the last payment fails. It's too much of an investment already to just decide to not finish paying the tickets off. Plus, I don't think Goldenvoice will "give away" those tickets. They might sell them internally but only they know what's going to happen to the unpaid for 3-day passes/camping. They still have plenty of time to decide what to do with them should there be any left.

greghead
03-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Money has still not been taken out of my account. Anyone else noticed they have not been charged the second payment yet?

Radiohead
03-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Money has still not been taken out of my account. Anyone else noticed they have not been charged the second payment yet?

As long as you've got sufficient funds in your account, don't worry about it yet. They've been making the transactions at different times of day. If it hasn't gone through by tomorrow morning, give them a call.

LickTheLizzard
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I just read on the site that it can take 2-3 days to process payment.

greghead
03-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Sweet. Thanks for doing the fine-print reading I couldn't bother myself with.

DaftpunkisWhere
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Same has HAPPEN TO ME!!

ALso My dam online banking is down!!

dam it!

TheWhat
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Have they charged it yet?

DarkOnFire
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the help, everyone. It seems I missed it, because they tried to deduct the amount from my account 4 hours ago and it didn't go through. Oh well. Here's hoping they contact me soon!

icnaxx
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah, WTF is up with Bank of America? I hope WikiLeaks rips those assholes a new one.

BofA has been really fucked up for me too.

I was so worried that I went to my ATM to check the balance.

Radiohead
03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Yup, B of A is having online banking issues today. According to their website, online access is down for all accounts in CA. I received an email confirmation for my payment, so I'm not stressed, but I'd still like to be able to check my balance...

gaypalmsprings
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
BOFA was weird yesterday, too.

Radiohead
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Hasn't come our of mine yet... hopefully tonight. Never been so stoked to have $300 or so pingers come out of my bank acct!

Seriously, it's funny to see everyone be like, "Why the hell isn't my money gone yet?!"

gaypalmsprings
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Online Banking is temporarily unavailable for CA customers.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try again later.

tarrivi
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Mine still hasn't been deducted, I just want this whole situation to be paid for in full already.

sk8r408
03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Got my confirmation...

Payment 2 Mar 1, 2011 PAID $252.90 $252.90
BALANCE DUE $0.00

nearsyx
03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
mine hasn't been deducted either, hopefully they will do it through the end of the day, and by tomorrow morning my money will be gone, I don't wanna see that money anymore but I want that payment confirmation in exchange hahaa :P

Robin
03-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't even remember which credit card I used to pay for my tickets, and it doesn't state it on the original receipt.

sushibandita
03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
TAKE MY MONEY GOLDENVOICE!!!!

bemerritt
03-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I have B of A and mine just went through, FYI.

sleepyflowers
03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I have B of A and mine just went through, FYI.

o_0 i have BofA too, and my money still hasn't be taken out...my car companion pass ticket payment was taken out around noon :/

man i hope the money is gone by tomorrow...

bluemamba
03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh good, then its not just me. I got this chill feeling towards my feet thinking something went wrong since i haven't received an email receipt.

PDXdev
03-02-2011, 12:45 AM
hahaha chill out you guys. They won't forget to take your money.

Bee_troots
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
they took my money out but they did not give me an email :(

DaftpunkisWhere
03-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Remember to check your layaway status...Make sure that it says for March 1st and it says PAID

Then send a copy of that to your email just to be safe

TomServo
03-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Confirmed... paid in full!

bottomfeeder
03-02-2011, 07:43 AM
they took my money out but they did not give me an email :(

Check your spam filter. My receipt from Front Gate "Coachella Layaway Order" was filtered out as spam.

Robin
03-02-2011, 08:01 AM
hahaha chill out you guys. They won't forget to take your money.

I was hoping they would, and still give me a ticket. Wishful thinking.

DaftpunkisWhere
03-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Paid in full!

casey
03-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I actually made two separate orders. The first for my camping pass when they first went on sale, and then a second for my ticket, my boyfriend's ticket, and two companion camping spaces for friends. They took out the second order (so my tickets + companion passes are paid for in full, yay) but haven't yet taken out the final payment for the first order, the camping pass. I assume it's going to happen eventually but I will admit I got a little nervous until I saw they hadn't taken everyone else's money out either. I'm so antsy to just have this all paid for!!!

Also, I was wondering WTF is up with BofA for the past few days, too. So annoying!!! Glad it wasn't just my online banking that was having trouble.

Bee_troots
03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Check your spam filter. My receipt from Front Gate "Coachella Layaway Order" was filtered out as spam.

haha you are right ^_^ thanks

casey
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm paid for in full!!!

There was a weird fluke with my order though. As mentioned, I placed two orders - one for tickets + companion parking and one for camping pass.

one order (tickets/companion parking)- BofA debit card, everything went through and was paid off on time

2nd order- SAME BofA debit card, first payment went through fine, second payment it said failed even though there was more than enough funds in the account. I called and waited 40 mins on hold to talk to someone, they said that the billing address didn't match. I confirmed my billing address and it was the one they had on file. They tried again, still didn't work. Sooo I had to use another card. There are now two authorizations on my card for the camping pass, but I assume they'll fall off. Either way it was weird that my billing address was the same for both orders and I used the same card for both orders, but one didn't go through. Oh well. Glad I have my tickets secured now!

radcliffespixie
03-04-2011, 08:34 PM
a weird thing just happened, i got a confirmation email yesterday saying that both my layaway orders are paid in full. i confirmed it with my bank account. now, the money for one of the orders is back in my bank account. did this happen to anyone else?

Iamwelting
03-04-2011, 09:21 PM
a weird thing just happened, i got a confirmation email yesterday saying that both my layaway orders are paid in full. i confirmed it with my bank account. now, the money for one of the orders is back in my bank account. did this happen to anyone else?

Yes. This happened to me, but the next day (this morning) it was back to the way it was. Weird.

PDXdev
03-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I have seen this happen with a number of debit/credit card purchases in the past. Not from Front Gate but just random things. The transaction will be there pending and then just disappear only to come back a few days later. Seems to happen with taxi companies a lot in my experience.

Premium Roast
03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
“I’m calling because my friend’s girlfriend’s cousin lost the credit card she thinks she used in a fire last week…” =

http://terrifieddad.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/do-not-call-list-baby-telephone.jpg?w=400&h=317

:thu