PDA

View Full Version : Camping Lot Size for large group?

Where Is The Line
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Our group is about 20 people plus. I am assuming from the camping last year, that will be about 2 lots, maybe more. If there is anyone who has experienced camping with large groups, we would like to know the dimensions of the lot, to accomodate our group, tents, living area, etc. If anyone has this info, it would be much appreciated as we are doing a theme (Harajuku) and going all out this year. Thanks.

dontfeedthebird
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm jealous. Why didn't I think of a theme?

Is there going to be a dragon parade? Or lanterns?! Bukkake?

suprefan
03-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Our group is about 20 people plus. I am assuming from the camping last year, that will be about 2 lots, maybe more. If there is anyone who has experienced camping with large groups, we would like to know the dimensions of the lot, to accomodate our group, tents, living area, etc. If anyone has this info, it would be much appreciated as we are doing a theme (Harajuku) and going all out this year. Thanks.

Taken from the camping FAQ

What size tent can we bring/how much space do we get?
If you are not sharing a tent with anyone else, it may be as large as 7' x 7' (aprox. 50 square feet). If you are sharing a tent with other onsite campers your tent may take up an additional 7' x 7' (50 square feet) of space per person.

We need a theme man. Some group needs to be pirates, some ninjas and they will battle in the parking lot before the first day and whoever survives gets to go in..

psychic friend
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
if your whole group arrives together you have a better chance of an easy check in to get a nice big spot for the lot of you.

if 2 of you arrive and try to hold space for 20, that will be harder. help them help you. organize your groups ahead of time.

Where Is The Line
03-09-2007, 01:34 AM
thank you to suprefan and psychic. I am still a little confused though. if I recall correctly, the lots were not large enough for each person to have 50 square feet. not positive though. oh well, we will probably just end up winging it. as for early arrival together is like coralling cats. but we are going to try. thanks for all your help. sorry bird, lanterns yes, bukkake no. :)

Where Is The Line
03-09-2007, 01:38 AM
also...sorry suprefan, we were the pirate tent last year. pirates are out, harajuku is in, according to gwen stefani. ha ha. :)

dontfeedthebird
03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Gwen Stefani is still in?

Where Is The Line
03-09-2007, 12:43 PM
no, she pissed me off when she mispronounced harajuku. wind it up was pretty good. her girls are hot. and neptunes are down with her. so I guess so. fuck, I am such a snob. :)

Where Is The Line
03-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I am hearing rumours of reserved lots for camping groups 20 and larger. is this true, psychic? if so, can you help me out? much appreciated.