PDA

View Full Version : Authenticating Tickets Bought (From Scalpers)

d'Anconia
02-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Topic. If we buy a ticket from someone (after-market, scalper or otherwise), what is the best way to check its authenticity?

I'm seeing a lot of the tickets go for $500-600 and cannot express how terrible it would be if I were to buy a ticket for that much only to find out that it is fake.

PS Have they mailed out tickets yet? And yes I know I was foolish for not trying to buy my ticket earlier.

Inthecolumbiagorge
02-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Topic. If we buy a ticket from someone (after-market, scalper or otherwise), what is the best way to check its authenticity?

I'm seeing a lot of the tickets go for $500-600 and cannot express how terrible it would be if I were to buy a ticket for that much only to find out that it is fake.

PS Have they mailed out tickets yet? And yes I know I was foolish for not trying to buy my ticket earlier.

No tickets have been mailed and they won't be tickets. Wristbands will be fed exed to everyone about 3 weeks before the event. No way to authenticate until you get it probably. Their purchase could be authentic but how do you know you will actually get it?? A risk for sure.

Cheddar's Cousin
02-25-2011, 08:48 AM
The best way to test a ticket's authenticity is to hand it to the security guard at the entrance.

Media Blitz
02-25-2011, 08:49 AM
The wrist bands are probably going to be at least as high tech as last year and probably more. Once you see a few pics, it's gonna be hard to fake.

baily
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM
anyone stating they have tickets in hand now is lying....that step 1.

Other than that...your best bet is stub hub as they back up all sales and ebay....check the users reviews....they must have over 50 transactions and 100% rating...

if they have less than 20 transactions...stay away! Anyone located in another country...same thing. Anyone that doesn't want to use paypal....stay away.

Use your head.

kikeg80
02-25-2011, 10:08 AM

PS Have they mailed out tickets yet?

choice cat
02-25-2011, 10:27 AM
If you are trying to make the transaction more smooth, ask the seller to leave the envelope sealed from ticketmaster, and open it together. That way you can see the wristbands coming direct from the source, check the receipt etc. I don't see why anyone would have a problem waiting to open the envelope in front of you, if they decline that should say something

baily
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM
My last add here...is if you find your ticket on craigslist for anywhere near $450 or less...it's 100% a scam.

and NO THEY HAVEN'T SHIPPED OUT TICKETS...it's mid March

d'Anconia
03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. Looks like StubHub or wait until they've been shipped out.