PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine.....

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-22-2007, 04:59 PM
After 7 years have gone by, what do you think the set list will be like? I cant even imagine the energy before and right when they take the stage..The first words Zach says are gonna make the crowd go crazy.....If you have never been to a rage show be prepeared for the most electrifying show ever...

im so indie
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Should be a rockin good time

Any idea if they are planning on new recordings or further touring?

toggle
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
...I'll say it right now. They come on stage to Zach saying "We are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles, California" and go right into Killing in the Name....blowing the roof off the festival in one shot.

anyone taking bets??

pewter14
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
It's one show ... and one show only ...

Rage Against the Machine will reunite for Coachella
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Björk also top the bill for the three-day music festival.
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
January 22, 2007

Rage Against the Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.

Organizers were mum this weekend and it was not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings of Leon.

Tickets go on sale Saturday, via Ticketmaster. Three-day passes will cost about $250 and there will be a limited number of single-day passes available.

The headliners are not novel, but they are potent. The Peppers are up for their first best album Grammy right now, and Björk remains a mesmerizing figure to fans of avant pop. But in Southern California rock circles, there is very little that could compete with the excitement of a Rage Against the Machine reunion. The quartet's hybrid of funk, rap, metal and leftist ideology was as subtle as a Molotov cocktail; in the 1990s, its aggro-anthems made it the only band that mattered to a fan base that included East L.A. protest kids as well as those in Hollywood punk circles, college dorms and mainstream rock festival mosh pits, where politics were secondary to the group's feral energy.

The band is vocalist Zack de la Rocha, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. Their split came amid rumors of bad blood between De la Rocha and his mates, who went on to work with Chris Cornell in Audioslave. However, Morello and De la Rocha appeared together at a 2005 rally for the urban farmers of a South Los Angeles community garden.

seanironmaiden
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Imagine Zack.... getting to release all the anger built up in the last 7 years!!! it will be insane. Oh my god... I can't even imagine what I'll be like when they come on.

sleepercoupe
01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
damn, i cant even put into words. i have never seen them live and by the time i was old enough to get into them they broke up. i am so stoked. i am going to get fucked up tonight just because its the first day i heard about them playing again.

SecretAgentX-9
01-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I will not go to a better concert than Rage Against the Machine in my life. I'd pay 250$ for them alone. Currently watching their "last performance" at the Grand Olympic stadium... It's gonna be unreal.

sleepercoupe
01-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I will not go to a better concert than Rage Against the Machine in my life. I'd pay 250$ for them alone. Currently watching their "last performance" at the Grand Olympic stadium... It's gonna be unreal.

i would pay $1000 to see just them. i never thought it would happen. i thought it was going to be like hendrix or the doors or zep, i figured man those bands would have been great, then rage and i was alive when they were together and i never saw them so that pissed me off. but damn.

shando
01-22-2007, 05:27 PM
That's 7 years of prayers answered...
If I make it to Coachella it would be the happiest day of my life, seeing Rage perform live is my only dream.. and I'm not just saying it.

The only catch is that i'm from the last country of the world, Chile in South America, and I need like 2000 bucks to make it to Cali. And both of my parents are unemployed and I make like 200 bucks per month. Even if I sold everything I got i'd be short.

I could just cry now... my only hope is to win the lottery, I'll spend every penny I have on lottery tickets these months.

:( :( :(

I still can't believe it...
Is it really gonna be a one time reunion?

grain
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
saw them at the first coachella in 1999. took some acid and was rolling around in the cold desert gasping for air.

saw them at the battle for san diego

and then at the DNC 2000.

although i'm not as angry, i'm still going to rock....hard!

Lounge Fly
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
This will be more of a guess for people who have been to this show before. I live in NY but now that RATM is on the bill for sunday I'm thinking about heading out there to see this festival that I've never been lucky enough to attend yet. However I absolutely have to be somewhere in the midwest monday morning, no exceptions so unless Rage plays an afternoon set I'm screwed.
I was at woodstock 99 and RHCP played till around midnight on Sunday night I think, is it the same out there, will Rage probably be the last band to play and play well into the night?

toggle
01-22-2007, 05:55 PM
..they'll be on from about 11:15 to 12:30 at the latest. if you catch an early a.m. flight you can swing it.

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Rage Against The Machine is the main headline of the whole festival so they will be the last act of all 3 days, so it will be late sunday night early monday morning when they either start or finish...As for new songs I highly doubt it, even though that would be dope. My excitement is beyond words I have watched all there dvd's all day with tears in my eyes because of my excitement....There is only one thing I am worried about and ,that is this seems almost too good to be true, im just hoping this actually happens and zack doesnt pull out at the last second..

woogie846
01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I think they'll open with that insane opening from Bombtrack.

boyalien0
01-22-2007, 06:43 PM
yeah bombtrack is my call for opener. how can it not be?

toggle
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
...they've never really opened up with Bombtrack that often....except way back when on the first album. Even then...they would usually open up with People of the Sun (the old lyrics: I'm gonna have to dunk ya/Up and Down like a donut in a decaffinated drink).

Still...Bombtrack would be appropriate, take us back to square one. I'm still banking on Killing, though Bulls or Testify also seem possible (Mr. Anchor assure me, that Baghdad is burning). I think Roll Right would be sick, too.

...I guess it doesn't matter really...they're blowing the place to pieces either way.

macuna@ucsc.edu
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
damn, i cant even put into words. i have never seen them live and by the time i was old enough to get into them they broke up. i am so stoked. i am going to get fucked up tonight just because its the first day i heard about them playing again.

SERIOUSLY. this will be such a cathartic moment, I need a drink to orient myself.

prison sex
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
..they'll be on from about 11:15 to 12:30 at the latest. if you catch an early a.m. flight you can swing it.

You really think that short? How long did Depeche Mode play for last year, seemed like forever. I would think they would go just as long as they did. But who knows its been a long time since Zach's done a full concert... I guess we'll just have to see.

Hopefully they won't pull a Tool or Madonna and show up late and then cut out early.

toggle
01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
...yeah, I definitely cited 11:15-12:30 thinking about Tool's short set last year.

I'd say Rage plays for just under 2 hours. All the shows I've ever seen them play clocked in around an hour and forty minutes.

Tomasote
01-22-2007, 08:56 PM
i think that they are going to open with calm like a bomb

Maris
01-22-2007, 08:59 PM
...I'll say it right now. They come on stage to Zach saying "We are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles, California" and go right into Killing in the Name....blowing the roof off the festival in one shot.

anyone taking bets??

I have chills like no other......:)

Bosco
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
I request.............. ASHES IN THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! madness, pure madness!

freshious
01-22-2007, 10:56 PM
i was on a tab website and saw this
i thought it was a joke
i looked on coachella
and started shivering
and screaming in my mind
called everybody
everyone had the same reaction
they wanted to srsly cry
one didnt stop screaming

im going to this show no matter what
theres no way ill miss it
ive never seen them becuase by the time i could enjoy one of their concerts, they had broken up :(

this will be insanely orgasmic

killin in the name would be an awesome opener :)

msivy
01-22-2007, 10:58 PM
i almost cried the day they broke up and everytime i read that they're playing i get massive tremor-ish chills.

matsuolost
01-22-2007, 11:04 PM
one things for sure
no renegades

Good Days Last
01-22-2007, 11:24 PM
The worst/best part of the entire set...

will undoubtedly be FREEDOM.

They've always ended shows with that song....
And it's always the most electrifying, because you know after that...
that's it.

fober
01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
This could be the greatest rock performance at Coachella ever.

Let's hope Zach doesn't catch laringitis again.

I think I've seen them perform at every venue in Southern California at this point.

toggle
01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
...any songs that they'll play due to particular relevance to current events?
Wake Up? Take the Power Back? Year of the Boomerang?

I can't imagine it will be a greatest hits set. Zack's gonna have some things to say. Weird that Rage's entire span was during the Clinton administration. This is the first time Zack steps up to the topic of George W. running the country.

matsuolost
01-22-2007, 11:50 PM
dudes got a point there

togglebitch
01-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I am so happy yet so sad at the same time - I lived in San Jose Cali for about 18 mths and didnt get to seem them play (met Tom though) and now that I am living back in Sydney they get back together - I am happy for you guys that get to go to the gig but am sitting here trying to figure out a way to get the money together to fly over! Great line up on all 3 days too!

Renegades
01-23-2007, 12:29 AM
In all honesty, I think they'll play "Renegades of Funk" first. Just to denounce any ideas that it was their last studio album, Renegades, which triggered Zack leaving.

Honestly, I am heartbroken that I will not be attending this gig (wrong hemisphere), but I am overjoyed that RATM are together again.

Lets face it, RATM have never been needed more than they are now.

I can't go - but I really wanna Feel The Funk Blast!!!

paulb
01-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I lived in Peru when they broke up, so I was never able to see them, I am flying from Vancouver to see this set... I got mad shivers when i heard this was for real. I have often often said that RATM and Pumpkins were bands i always wanted to see before i died...im glad one of them is coming true!

matsuolost
01-23-2007, 12:56 AM
but it did didnt it??

Elazarus
01-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Rage Against The Machine is one of my all time favourite bands, and I never had the chance to see them live before. If I can do it I'm gonna be flying in from the UK to see them!

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah I would think it would be fitting if they opened up with bombtrack, but I wouldnt be suprised if they opened up with testify.. The thing I am most curious about is what Zack says, I mean its been 7 years of absolute pollution and choas in between the borders of America, 7 years in which we have seen an evil empire run by an evil emperor, and through these 7 years i have always said "Damn I wish Rage was still together"....and now its gonna be here...The feeling in my blood is beyond words, I am almost in tears as I write this, if I die god, please let me die after april 29th 2007..thank you

togglebitch
01-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Bulls on Parade!

seanironmaiden
01-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah I would think it would be fitting if they opened up with bombtrack, but I wouldnt be suprised if they opened up with testify.. The thing I am most curious about is what Zack says, I mean its been 7 years of absolute pollution and choas in between the borders of America, 7 years in which we have seen an evil empire run by an evil emperor, and through these 7 years i have always said "Damn I wish Rage was still together"....and now its gonna be here...The feeling in my blood is beyond words, I am almost in tears as I write this, if I die god, please let me die after april 29th 2007..thank you

well said.

Jesse1896
01-23-2007, 08:20 AM
I cant wait!

chanoatx
01-23-2007, 08:28 AM
people are coming from all over the world...to see RATM.....and im with all the rest. even if it cost $1000....id still be there. It's definitly once in a lifetime....the reunion.

Ricardo
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
It's gonna be fucken bad

chimpat
01-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Songs I would love to hear:

Know Your Enemy
Take the Power Back
Wake Up
Tire Me
Maria
Mic Check
Testify

Raerth
01-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Words cannot describe this. The last couple of times I saw Rage they blasted Brixton Academy apart (I'm a London boy).

I'm gonna fly to the US to catch this, can't afford it but fuck it, I need to be there, 100% worth the cost

Ricardo
01-23-2007, 08:45 AM
After 7 years have gone by, what do you think the set list will be like? I cant even imagine the energy before and right when they take the stage..The first words Zach says are gonna make the crowd go crazy.....If you have never been to a rage show be prepeared for the most electrifying show ever...
they should just come back and performe in the staple center again

Ricardo
01-23-2007, 08:50 AM
RATM is the best band in the world n there always the best

Estepario
01-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I lived in Peru when they broke up, so I was never able to see them, I am flying from Vancouver to see this set... I got mad shivers when i heard this was for real. I have often often said that RATM and Pumpkins were bands i always wanted to see before i died...im glad one of them is coming true!

Hey man, I´m from Peru as well, RATM has been my favorite band since I got into music. I just spent all my money for a trip to europe on february, I´d have to sell my personal business to be able to go to this and I´m considering it!

If this is the last concert they will ever do it´s gonna be historical. I went to the Mexico City show and I have no words to describe that, you have all seen it on the dvd, just out of this world.

I need 1500 bucks to go to this, damn I hate not having this money right now!

Microphone Fiend
01-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I had never heard Rage until about a year ago and ever since they've been one of my favorite bands, I thought i was going to have to settle for seeing audioslave, so when i heard about this show i pretty much jizzed my pants...cant wait to see em stoned, thats the only way!

Microphone Fiend
01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Songs I would love to hear:

Know Your Enemy
Take the Power Back
Wake Up
Tire Me
Maria
Mic Check
Testify
add Bulls on Parade
Microphone Fiend
Pistol Grip Pump
Freedom
...then it would be the best show ever played

_troz_
01-23-2007, 10:33 AM
RAGE has been my all-time favorite band, I never had the chance to see the live and now I will. I will be flying all the way from COSTA RICA just to see RAGE live.

I can't miss this opportunity!!!! They'll kick ass for sure!

dualmoodswings
01-23-2007, 10:37 AM
The set of RATM will be a damn carnage, plain and simple. The moshpit will be insane. Im afraid and excited at the same time. Help.

whytee
01-23-2007, 12:36 PM
if they play snakecharmer i will bust a fucking nut....i saw them back in houston in 99 and am flying out to cali to see them again...

ty656789
01-23-2007, 02:52 PM
For anyone who has never seen a Rage show... this is going to be the best concert that you have ever been to. I have seen them twice. Once at a free show, a few days before Battle of Los Angeles came out(hadn't heard any of the album yet), at a venue of about 300-500 people in Toronto. That show kicked ass. Best concert I have ever been to, BY FAR!!!! I was soaking wet when I left and 75% of the sweat wasn't even mine. Not good in Toronto when it is below freezing. Then I saw them 2 months later at an arena with about 20,000 people. When I looked up at the seats from the floor, i was in the middle of a mosh pit looking at a mosh pit in the seating sections. The entire place was jumping. 2nd best concert I have ever been to. A warning to everyone, their shows are absolutely mental. This will be the craziest roughest crowd that you have ever been a part of at concert. People will get hurt if they are not careful or do not know how to handle themselves in a mosh pit. I have been to a lot of really crazy concerts and been in my fair share of crazy mosh pits but nothing even comes close to how crazy their shows get. These guys (zach mostly) generate so much energy it is unbelievable until you are a part of it and experience it for yourself. You cant help but be drawn into it and enjoy every second of it. That doesn't mean you have to be an idiot and do things that get people hurt. I am coming down from Toronto just to see Rage. Anyone who has ever seen them live and is in a position where they can get to this show I am sure will be doing the exact same thing. I really hope that they get back together for another album and tour but I am not taking the chance of missing this if this really is their last show or a rare show that they play. I had a ticket to see them with the Beastie Boys just before they broke up and the show got cancelled because Mike D. got hurt. Then they broke up and I was pissed. Everyone who watches them play will be a Rage fan after the show even if you hated them before you see it. A must see band live. I personally guarantee that you will not be dissappointed with this concert.

SEE YOU AT COACHELLA!!!! THIS F****** ROCKS!!!!!!

ty656789
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
PS: They will start with Testify and they will definitely end with Killing in the Name of. Almost everything live that I have heard has Killing and the name of last.

Rage-Slave
01-23-2007, 02:59 PM
wow...i feel the same way alot of you people do so i won't post the same words, but yeah this blew my mind. ive had this user name for years on forums, etc. they're by far my all time fav.

i'm flying all the way from south florida just to see them. i know its not as far as the UK, but dammit its a HUGE deal to me. i wanted to come last year for tool and things didnt pan out, but this year >>>>OH YEAH. nothing will stop me. ive been watching my RATM dvd's non stop since yesterday morning when all this came about, and blabbing to anyone who will listen to me!

im psyched.

and oh yeah....my bet is on bulls on parade for the opener

Lounge Fly
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Bulls on Parade!

I agree. I've seen them twice and both times they opened with this, also the concert I have on DVD has this as an opener. Its such a bad ass way to open up musically.

toggle
01-23-2007, 03:37 PM
...they close with Freedom. No doubt. Occasionally they've ended it with a Township Rebellion medely (when ignorance reigns life is lost..).

Still...I'm betting on Killing to open their show. Bulls and Testify are good choices...but Killing is their cuttin' heads song at festivals.

FireTemplar96
01-23-2007, 04:00 PM
what a perfect timing, I just got a job at the airlines so I can fly there free

thecardercamp
01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
rage against the machine reuniting the best thing to happen in music this decade right along with 3 6 mafia winning a grammy. i really hope coachella can physically handle them. damn, it looks like im going to have to sell my bonnaroo tixs this year so i can raise money from that sunday.

halo928
01-23-2007, 05:40 PM
...never had the chance to see them play.....I'm speechless!! Can you believe on some of the other message boards people are sniping 'em for this reunion? Blasphemy! I say let them go cry in the corner while I go hoarse from screaming.

snakecharmer13
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow…. Words can’t even describe how I feel right now

I am extremely amazed and pissed at the same time….. Rage Against the Machine is by far my favorite band, and this might be the only chance I have to see them live… I’m young (18), but I fell in love with there music the first time I heard them… weather I’m sleeping, eating, walking, running, writing, or anything else … I listen to them… when I’m in a bad mood… I listen to them…. When I’m in a calm relaxed mood, I listen to them… exited pumped mood… its them again… I can’t think of anytime I have ever not wanted to listen to them… the lyrics, the music… just blow me away… I mean with the powerful voice of Zach, the unique and jaw dropping guitar riffs and solos from Tom, the funky ass bass lines of Tim, and the kick ass beats brad lays down, how can you not love them.

I know for a fact I can afford the show….. But the problem is I live in Canada.. London Ontario… and the plane and the hotel will be soo much… and I don’t know if I can make it… I would honesty do anything to see these guys…even I planned to save up for so many things I’ve wanted in life... but nothing can compare to seeing RATM live.. Nothing!

The energy, the feeling, just ... wow… I cant miss this.. I will try my best to get down there… me and maybe a few friends

Rage against the machine is the greatest fucking band in the world… and I hope they come back for at least one more album and tour… and come to Canada… …. Rage is needed.... all the anger.. all the hate in Zach that has been slowly building over 7 years will be unleashed and hopefully once he and the rest of rage realize how much the people need them… they will get back together haha

They might open there show with Bulls on parade … but I think they are going to play.. Take the Power back… I don’t know why.. but I have that feeling

Anyways… I really really hope I can go… I will try my best.. but I don’t know where we will stay or anything, but we will see

Wow.. long post haha..:blah anyways… take it easy guys.. and im glad to see some very moving posts

Peace

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah it is a bit pricey but you can always sleep in your car or something, to see Rage its worth it, or heck who needs sleep, all hell cant stop us now......

sacleonard
01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Anyways… I really really hope I can go… I will try my best.. but I don’t know where we will stay or anything, but we will see

There are plenty of camping options --- both in the venue and in the surrounding areas. Good luck!

ratmfan1982
01-31-2007, 09:28 PM
I CANT FREAKIN WAIT THIS IS GONNA B THE LONGEST 3 MONTHS OF MY LIFE... I GET GOOSE BUMPS FROM JUS READING THIS SHIT... RAGE IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST LIVE.. N THE BEST BAND EVER.. I SEEN THEM PLAY THE LAST TIME AT THE GRAND OLYMPIC N 7 OTHER TIMES N I KNEW THEY WOULD COME BACK IF IT IS ONLY 1 LAST TIME

ratmfan1982
01-31-2007, 09:45 PM
DUDE MAN READING ALL THIS JUS DESCRIBES EVERY FEELING I HAVE IM GLAD TO C IM NOT THE ONLY ONE PISSING MY PANTS OVER THIS... IF I LIVED FAR AWAY I WOULD SELL EVERY THING TOO BUT I ONLY LIVE A HOUR N A HALF AWAY N GOT MY TICKS ALREADY... IF U HAVE NEVER SEEN RAGE U R IN FOR THE BIGGEST TREAT OF UR LIFE... THERE IS SO MUCH ENERGY AND EVERBODY IS JUMPING IN SEQUINCE ITS REDICULOUS... I HAVE LOVED RAGE SINCE 95 N TO B ABLE TO C THEM PLAY AGAIN IS FREAKIN AMAZING.. IM GOING TO GET THERE EARLEY SUNDAY MORNING N RUSH RITE TO THE FRONT OF THAT STAGE N SIT THERE ALL DAY UNTILL THEY COME ON... N YES THEY WILL MOST LIKELEY LIGHT THE FUSE WITH A SOFT SOLO FROM TOM THAN HAVE THE BOMB BLOW UP WITH BULLS ON PARADE THE PLACE WILL GO APE SHIT!!!!

Down Rodeo
01-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Man, I'm getting chills just thinking about this concert. I would bet on Bulls On Parade as the opener to get the crowd in a frenzy. I still can't believe I'm actually going to see them live. Rage is one of my all time favorite bands, and since they broke up one of my biggest regrets was never getting to see them live. Another was Pantera, but I guess that's never going to happen now. I can't wait for this shit to go down.

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Man, I'm getting chills just thinking about this concert. I would bet on Bulls On Parade as the opener to get the crowd in a frenzy. I still can't believe I'm actually going to see them live. Rage is one of my all time favorite bands, and since they broke up one of my biggest regrets was never getting to see them live. Another was Pantera, but I guess that's never going to happen now. I can't wait for this shit to go down.

Yo I live in Berkeley also....weird thing is Down Rodeo is one of my favorite songs and was once my name for another forum....weird.. private message me if you wanna talk about rage and get drunk

André
02-01-2007, 12:46 AM

I am extremely amazed and pissed at the same time….. Rage Against the Machine is by far my favorite band, and this might be the only chance I have to see them live… I’m young (18), but I fell in love with there music the first time I heard them… weather I’m sleeping, eating, walking, running, writing, or anything else … I listen to them… when I’m in a bad mood… I listen to them…. When I’m in a calm relaxed mood, I listen to them… exited pumped mood… its them again… I can’t think of anytime I have ever not wanted to listen to them… the lyrics, the music… just blow me away… I mean with the powerful voice of Zach, the unique and jaw dropping guitar riffs and solos from Tom, the funky ass bass lines of Tim, and the kick ass beats brad lays down, how can you not love them.

I know for a fact I can afford the show….. But the problem is I live in Canada.. London Ontario… and the plane and the hotel will be soo much… and I don’t know if I can make it… I would honesty do anything to see these guys…even I planned to save up for so many things I’ve wanted in life... but nothing can compare to seeing RATM live.. Nothing!

The energy, the feeling, just ... wow… I cant miss this.. I will try my best to get down there… me and maybe a few friends

Rage against the machine is the greatest fucking band in the world… and I hope they come back for at least one more album and tour… and come to Canada… …. Rage is needed.... all the anger.. all the hate in Zach that has been slowly building over 7 years will be unleashed and hopefully once he and the rest of rage realize how much the people need them… they will get back together haha

They might open there show with Bulls on parade … but I think they are going to play.. Take the Power back… I don’t know why.. but I have that feeling

Wow.. long post haha..:blah anyways… take it easy guys.. and im glad to see some very moving posts

Peace

you are totally f***ing rigth!!!! Rage all the way!!!!

BoneDaddy
02-01-2007, 08:56 AM
It may be posted elsewhere, but I don't feel like looking through the many RATM threads. Why did they break up?

robert paulson
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
they're gonna open with sleep now in the fire

That70sdesperado
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
This is so fucking awesome. I have never been more excited about something music-related in my life. My bet is that they open with "Bulls on Parade," and then end the main set with either "Freedom" or "Know Your Enemy." I can just picture Zack shouting "all of which are American Dreams" three times, the crowd repeating it, and then him dropping the mike and walking off stage. That would be epic. But god knows how many encores they'll have--either way, I bet they'll end the show with "Killing in the Name."

And seeing as I'm paper thin, I'd better start bulking up so that I can handle the crowds. They're bound to be wild, and for good reason.

4-bagger
02-03-2007, 12:04 PM
If they have a sense of humor they'll come on stage and kick it off with an Audioslave song.

Rezzo
02-03-2007, 12:07 PM

Peace

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN RAGE RUNS WILD ALL OVER YOU!!!

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~markro/images/hulk2.jpg

ratmfan105
02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
i would pay $1000 to see just them. i never thought it would happen. i thought it was going to be like hendrix or the doors or zep, i figured man those bands would have been great, then rage and i was alive when they were together and i never saw them so that pissed me off. but damn.

every single thing I AGREE word man

ellipsis
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
so are we gonna do setlists or what?

my dream set:

testify
bulls on parade
guerilla radio
pistol grip pump
bullet in the head
vietnow
sleep now in the fire
down rodeo
born of a broken man
wake up
ashes in the fall
people of the sun
killing in the name

---encore---

calm like a bomb
kick out the jams
know your enemy
township rebellion/freedom medley

BUT that probably won't happen.

they will certainly play, without a shadow of a doubt:

bombtrack
killing in the name
bullet in the head
know your enemy
freedom
bulls on parade
guerilla radio
calm like a bomb
sleep now in the fire

the rest? we can only dream, until april 29th.

ellipsis
02-14-2007, 04:35 PM
It may be posted elsewhere, but I don't feel like looking through the many RATM threads. Why did they break up?

they broke up because zach didn't want to release "renegades" but the others did, so they sought out another contract to release it. zach, quite rightly (though maybe over-reactively) decided that this conflicted with certain beliefs they held as a group, so he left the group.

captnmidnite
04-29-2007, 11:44 PM
HOPE EVERYONE WHO WENT TO RAGE HAD THE TIME OF THEIR FUCKING LIVES!!!!!!!!!
was watching battle of mexico city a lil while ago looked bloody amazing..
cant belive they are back!!!!:D:D:D:D
hope fully they come to sydney.......

captnmidnite
04-29-2007, 11:44 PM
does zach still have his dreads??

captnmidnite
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
WOOO RAGE ARE BACKKKKK....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unknown
04-30-2007, 01:17 AM
They were unbelievable. The show was great, the crowd was nuts, there were so many people into the set from beginning to end, and no - he no longer has dreads.

d_apathy
04-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Amazing show :D!

rebel86
04-30-2007, 06:36 AM
does zach still have his dreads??

Zach has his fro again. He looked great,