PDA

View Full Version : From Past Experience What Is The Best Way To Get A Great Spot?

moham1989
02-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I was wondering what the best way is to get a great spot on the coachella stage.

Emma Ocean
02-23-2011, 12:32 AM
kicking and punching and using elbows!

or alternatively, I find pretending you are pregnant and in distress or about to spew gets people out of the way pretty quickly. lol

salty dog
02-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I was wondering what the best way is to get a great spot on the coachella stage.

To get onstage you need to be in the band. Or have a VIP pass (but then you're only really on the side of the stage). Depending on what time you want to get on the coachella stage, you will have to wait til set times come out and contact the band that has the time slot you want.

chairmenmeow47
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
the best way is to not share your secrets for getting a good spot.

mikebspeedracer
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
my friends tried a tactic that worked pretty good a few years ago by saying one of their friends was deaf and just needed to get a little closer to the stage to hear. The guy that was pretending to be deaf was holding popcorn and offered it to people as they passed by. It worked so well that they got all the way to the front. Also the popcorn he was offering to people was just something he found on the ground that someone else hadn't finished.

M Sparks
02-23-2011, 09:16 AM

189Zm69kt10

jimmycrackcorn
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Also the popcorn he was offering to people was just something he found on the ground that someone else hadn't finished.

:nono what a dick

hools
02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
-have a friend in a wheelchair

-have a friend act like they're about to puke and hold em up through the crowd and yell THIS GUY'S ABOUT TO PUKE HOLD THE FUCKIN PHONE!!!

my friends did both at Smoke Out last year

F/O/X/Y/5
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Just act creepy behind girls they will move. maybe a fanny pack with a carrot so they think its ur package. maybe a stained mickey mouse t shirt something says I might rape you.

grenade
02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
***the left side of the stage

iammrcandyman
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Get to the stage 1 or 2 bands earlier than the one you want to be up front for. Its the only sure-fire way of getting up front without the possibility of getting stuck far back.

mountmccabe
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
***the left side of the stage

I like that the organizers realized that this was a thing and uncentered the "center" barrier.

Which basically means the old trick of going left side doesn't help and also, if you get up close, means you'll be stuck off on the far left and have no access to the actual center.

Bomboclat
02-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Stab and twist, imho.

stepup2stepout
02-23-2011, 08:31 PM

Suck a band member off and get backstage access.

Mugwog
02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Well unfortunately NIN isn't here this year. When "March of the Pigs" comes on, its full permission to just mow over everyone in your way. Several NIN shows I've started in the back, and ended up in the front. Did it at Coachella somehow on my first headful of acid also. (bailey you're a pussy)

You could also show up early, weird thing people do in the states.

frizzlefry
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Well unfortunately NIN isn't here this year. When "March of the Pigs" comes on, its full permission to just mow over everyone in your way. Several NIN shows I've started in the back, and ended up in the front. Did it at Coachella somehow on my first headful of acid also. (bailey you're a pussy)

You could also show up early, weird thing people do in the states.

Indubitably

baily
02-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Just act creepy behind girls they will move. maybe a fanny pack with a carrot so they think its ur package. maybe a stained mickey mouse t shirt something says I might rape you.

LOL!!!! FUNNY!!!

Sig'd

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Wait for one act to leave at the Sahara, then run quick while whoever you want to see is setting up, then die of heat exhaustion, dehydration and too much drugs.

303dubbin
02-25-2011, 10:01 AM
damn lurkerchella 2011

frizzlefry
02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
damn lurkerchella 2011

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife...

KickerConspiracy
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Be tall. That is always a good start.

Emma Ocean
02-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Be tall. That is always a good start.

if only it were that easy. I'm still waiting for my growth spurt
*pouts*

Fidoosh
02-28-2011, 08:16 AM
--have a friend act like they're about to puke and hold em up through the crowd and yell THIS GUY'S ABOUT TO PUKE HOLD THE FUCKIN PHONE!!!

my friends did both at Smoke Out last year

Like anyone would really go deeper into a cluster-fucked crowd if you were about to puke..... I wouldn't believe you and I wouldn't move.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
To get onstage you need to be in the band. Or have a VIP pass (but then you're only really on the side of the stage). Depending on what time you want to get on the coachella stage, you will have to wait til set times come out and contact the band that has the time slot you want.

this answer is brilliantly confusing.

Premium Roast
03-01-2011, 07:03 AM
on the back of their neck going around the ear into the nostrils = hot coffee breath

:thu

baily
03-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Like anyone would really go deeper into a cluster-fucked crowd if you were about to puke..... I wouldn't believe you and I wouldn't move.

saw that used that to get OUT of the crowd...never to get into the crowd.

ENluv12
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Wait for one act to leave at the Sahara, then run quick while whoever you want to see is setting up, then die of heat exhaustion, dehydration and too much drugs.

This is what we usually do. Just get to whichever stage you want to see just before the last act is over. When everyone starts leaving get up front as quick as possible and just wait it out.

Fidoosh
03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
saw that used that to get OUT of the crowd...never to get into the crowd.

Exactly!!!

blacklite
03-04-2011, 08:29 AM
front left of any stage just keep walking until you see a space where no one is standing and wow.. you are in the front.. did it by accident for tiesto when i was looking for someone... had no idea i would be stuck there because the cross thing was in the middle

LyricsForTheMind
03-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Why do you even need to be in the front in the Sahara? Its better to be in the back with more space so you can dance

Tandemind
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
1. Get to the venue early.
2. Show up to the appropriate stage 2 or 3 acts before the act you want to be up front for.
3. Start working your way towards the front by filling the spaces that become available in front of you. For added effectiveness, start on the non-entrance side of the stage. It's not always the left side.
4. Don't be a dick.
5. Don't get too close. If you're right up on the rail you'll have the added distraction of people constantly pushing you in the back.

Fourthisto
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
this answer is brilliantly confusing.I'd say. So I won't know if I'm in one of the bands on stage until the set times are released? Shit. I hope I'm not in KoL, or Neon Trees. I don't want plastic bottles filled with bird crap launched at me.

This is what we usually do.You usually die of dehydration? Whoa.

thefrush
03-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Why do you even need to be in the front in the Sahara? Its better to be in the back with more space so you can dance

So you can see the DJs face, duh!