PDA

View Full Version : US Dubstep's Even Better Discussion

hools
02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
i recently went to my first one in january and it was fucking banging. to make it better, Tomba and J.Rabbit made an appearance at the most recent one on the 19th... however, i got kicked out for a dead roach. the MAN trying to put me down, man

anyone LA heads in here a regular at Even Better events in LA? or just US Dubstep fans in general?

if you're a bass head and live in LA, or even near LA (we drove an hour and a half from the AV), i recommend you hit up their next show. SEE YOU IN THE PIT!

here's one of their most recent mixes:
http://usdubstep.biz/2011/02/21/us-dubstep-exclusive-mix-series-2-3-drumsmuggla/

est1985
02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
If you're willing to drive out to the OC check out Smogs monthly Dubtroit partys put on by 12th Planet and company. Pretty bangin dubstep goodness.

hools
02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
what's the age limit at those events? i wanted to see Caspa at this SmogLA event before, only to find it's 21+.

i'm 19, today actually :D

Wheres the beef?
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Dubtroit is at a bar so....its 21.

BlackSwan
02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I saw the title of this thread and just thought I would pop-in to inform everyone that US dubstep is not better. In fact, most dubstep is not good. There is good dubstep, though, and it is most certainly not from the US.

hools
02-23-2011, 12:01 AM
to each his own my friend. i'm sure you're right, since i see a lot of people refer to this kind of dubstep as pretty much known as 'brostep' but shit gets me ragin' and that's pretty much all i need in a dubstep track

hools
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
wait, i totally misunderstood you. when you said US i thought you meant US Dubstep, which is the producer company name, and Even Better is an event

??? idk bro i'm baked

unknown
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Were you baked when you created this thread? I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. I still don't think I do but I listen to a lot of dubstep and have never heard of any of what you posted in the first post. I have concluded that the chances of me liking any dubstep artist from the US are very slim.

Devin the Dude
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
BlackSwan is absolutely 100% correct without a doubt.

hools
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Were you baked when you created this thread? I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. I still don't think I do but I listen to a lot of dubstep and have never heard of any of what you posted in the first post. I have concluded that the chances of me liking any dubstep artist from the US are very slim.

i probably was, but what didn't make sense? is everyone aware that "Even Better" is an event?

i just guess our tastes highly differ

est1985
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Although I would agree that UK dubstep is FAR superior than what's going on in the US, 12th Planet and Bassnectar are pretty fucking amazing. Although I don't know if Bassnectar would pigenhold himself with such a label.

est1985
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
i probably was, but what didn't make sense? is everyone aware that "Even Better" is an event?

i just guess our tastes highly differ

I'll admit that I thought you were orginally arguing that US dubstep is better than UK dubstep and wrote out a whole response about how much I disagreed...took a couple of read throughs to realize Even Better is an event.

like it was 1989
02-28-2011, 04:03 AM
pigenhold

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_550/1287765985WbSVeY.jpg

hools
03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I'll admit that I thought you were orginally arguing that US dubstep is better than UK dubstep and wrote out a whole response about how much I disagreed...took a couple of read throughs to realize Even Better is an event.

haha yeah i was very curious to see if that was the case