PDA

View Full Version : MSTRKRFT Info

DiV212
03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
So i was looking on buying the MSTRKRFT album The Look and just wanted to know if they sound like Death From Above 1979 considering Jesse Keeler is from there, or do they sound like them except with some electronica sounds to it.

sddoctor
03-08-2007, 09:04 AM
There are no hard rockin' guitar/drum sounds on "the looks". MSTRKRFT does use Jesse Keeler's bass skills but for the most part they play sleazy electro dance music, think Daft Punk or Justice. "The Looks" is nothing stellar but its good stuff to dance to...I saw MSTRKRFT last night, good stuff.

rage patton
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
The closest song sounding thing to DFA that MSTRKRFT has done, would be thier song Paris. Other than that... OH! And thier DFA remixes! I would be so freaking happy if they play at least one DFA remix. But thier music reminds me a lot of Daft Punks. Obviously not the same calibre, but you can easily see Daft Punk is a huge influence on thier music. Im excited to see them. Please dont interfere with anyone though...

sddoctor
03-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I saw them play last night. Their dj mix included pretty much all the songs from the looks and also included two of their choice remixes..."Dunn-Dunn Dunn" by Para One and "Monster Hospital" by Metric. By the way no Death From Above songs were played...