PDA

View Full Version : We have 5 Car camping spots total.

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't know if this is SUCH a good idea but I thought I'd throw it out there... see what kind of response I get then tell my group:

As of now we have a total of five car camping spots (12+ people) and we are planning on camping all the cars to one side to make more room for all the people coming with us... in tents... question is... If you have your own camping car pass would you consider joining in this awesomeness and making our jumbled spot bigger?

Think about it: cars set up to on the side... the rest of the area used for our collective society of well mannered Coachella-citizens

Neighborhood Creep
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I was thinking of doing that with my 2 spots. Might as well. The parking people seem like assholes last year so we were thinking about waiting an hour to set up when they're not by us.

emg707
02-14-2011, 03:28 PM
I've never been to Coachella and I don't want to burst your bubble but aren't you required to have one car in each camping spot?

ONE CAR PER CAR CAMPING SPOT REQUIRED - NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU ONLY BRING ONE CAR, YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO OCCUPY ONE CAMPING SPOT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED MORE THAN ONE CAR CAMPING SPOT. (THIS MEANS ONE CAR REQUIRED PER SPOT.) from the Car/Tent Camping FAQ

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I've never been to Coachella and I don't want to burst your bubble but aren't you required to have one car in each camping spot?

from the Car/Tent Camping FAQ

Should've made it more obvious.... because there are a bunch of dummies around. for me 1 car camping spot = 1 car and some people coming in that car

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
I was thinking of doing that with my 2 spots. Might as well. The parking people seem like assholes last year so we were thinking about waiting an hour to set up when they're not by us.

That's why a bunch of us got together... to avoid the assholes and establish a great foundation of friendship to build upon. A fort of trust if you will... complete with blankets and pillows.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-14-2011, 03:42 PM
what the basic idea is for those who have never gone or haven't been in camping before

there will be your camp site, then after the 30ft length of your site there will be a walk/drive way on each side.

He wants to get a wall of cars for one side of the walk way (probably closest to teh festival gates) to create this wall of cars for a little bit of privacy. And a little party area/commons area of it's own.

Some party crews one from Arizona had almost a similar set up.

Smart idea, going to be hard to organize going in at once, maybe a good idea though.

I'll keep you posted if I can do it.

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm open to ideas on how to do this... but for those who have gotten car camping I imagine it more like this:

You know how everyone gets a car spot right?

1 spot 2nd spot 3rd ETC......
CAR | CAR | Car
Tent(s)| Tent(s)| Tent(s)

Our plan was to have it like this:

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th etc...
Car Car Car Car CAr Tent TEnt Tent
Tent Tent Tent tent tent tent tent etc.... Basically fitting more tents in the given areas....

More people we get to join the more space we get because we move the cars closer to one another [inches] once we get our designated spots

billtino
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Whether you know your neighbors or not. you will be arranged as such:

Sun Rises This side^
Driveway/Walkway-Car (<-Front car)-tent-tent-Car (Front car->)-Driveway/Walkway

You will be asked to park the front of your car all the way up to the line & no further, lest you wish the wrath of the Indio Fire Marshall...

Stickjohn
02-14-2011, 04:08 PM
You know this has been discussed to death in the past right? And it's exactly what the rules do not allow you to do? Knock yourselves out but don't whine or call people dummies or assholes because you're ignorant.

Stickjohn
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
^ not to billtino

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't call anyone anything so bad. so relax. I know they make sure you park correctly at first but if you arrive on thursday... after a little while they worry about most of the other people getting there and you have room/ time to start your car up again an situate it to your hearts content...[know from experience, we fit three last year]
And if we arrive at an early enough time and plan it out it is possible

doggie3343
02-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Thats racist

naruto_kenshin
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
You know this has been discussed to death in the past right? And it's exactly what the rules do not allow you to do? Knock yourselves out but don't whine or call people dummies or assholes because you're ignorant.

I didn't call ANYONE asshole douche...
Been lurking these forums for a while just for info for each year and this year seems to be the year of HATE more that past years...fack you people need to chill the fuck out and smoke some of this here....*puff

Inthecolumbiagorge
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't know if this is SUCH a good idea but I thought I'd throw it out there... see what kind of response I get then tell my group:

As of now we have a total of five car camping spots (12+ people) and we are planning on camping all the cars to one side to make more room for all the people coming with us... in tents... question is... If you have your own camping car pass would you consider joining in this awesomeness and making our jumbled spot bigger?

Think about it: cars set up to on the side... the rest of the area used for our collective society of well mannered Coachella-citizens

Hi,
We are kind of thinking the same thing. We have a large group, getting larger every day, with 6-8 camping spots. We have many ideas for set up, shade, outdoor kitchen, misters, solar light strings, chargers and power for speakers, and so much more. I am totally up for a really large group but coordinating arrival time is probably the biggest issue as all the vehicles need to go in together. We want to get to the polo fields early on Thursday, before the gates open. Last year we were in lot 12A and it was way less dusty and dirty than the larger car camping area, close to the entrance and we could hear the music in the Sahara from our camping area. It was pretty cool! So...if you are interested shoot me a private message and we will see what we can come up with.

Paddy O'Furniture
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I hear what you're saying man, but the fire marshals do routine checks and would probably beat you to death with your own pillows. Or at least maim you terribly. It's a good idea but safety concerns probably won't let it happen. Good luck though.