PDA

View Full Version : Saw Tokyo Police Club last night...

brassneck
03-08-2007, 06:45 AM
...and they rocked! They opened for Cold War Kids in Milwaukee. I suggest people check out their (probably) early set on Friday at Coachella. Very frenetic show - the songs were short, the band was jittery (like either too much coffee or meth - I hope the former), but they made a hell of a racket! It reminded me of Wire or Gang of Four. I loved it. A short set - 30 minutes.

Cold War Kids were OK. I felt like I was at a Baptist church. Very soulful, bluesy gospelish sound. Singer has a great voice.

JClemy
03-08-2007, 06:47 AM
It was the nature of the experiment done on you.

HEADSTRUCK
03-08-2007, 06:48 AM
really, i didnt even know they were here ( i am also from milwaukee). where did they play?

brassneck
03-08-2007, 06:54 AM
really, i didnt even know they were here ( i am also from milwaukee). where did they play?

The Rave Bar. Pretty crowded (200 people). I don't know why they didn't have it in the basement room.

Rochec
03-08-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm seeing them next week with Cold War Kids. Sadly the show was moved to a bigger venue, still excited either way though!

HEADSTRUCK
03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
The Rave Bar. Pretty crowded (200 people). I don't know why they didn't have it in the basement room.

yeah...i hate the rave...i won meet and greet tickets to stone sour there from 1021

sadsappysucker
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I have heard that Tokyo Police Club has solen the show from Cold Wark Kids every date on this tour haha. I'm not a huge fan of Cold War Kids, but I can't wait to see Tokyo Police Club on day 1 this year.

rage patton
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Am I missing something about Tokyo Police Club? I listened to thier recording, and found them very boring.
Then I heard all these rave reviews of them live. So I have checked out many live videos... and I am just as bored, if not more.
What is it about them that everyone is digging?

butitdidhappen
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Your just gotta be there dude. Then you'll get it.

brassneck
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Am I missing something about Tokyo Police Club? I listened to thier recording, and found them very boring.
Then I heard all these rave reviews of them live. So I have checked out many live videos... and I am just as bored, if not more.

Everyone's taste is different - I personally like that style of indie guitar band. To each their own.

Rochec
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM

Ok it's fair to say you don't like them, but to say they are boring is rubbish. Marc Anthony is boring. Norah Jones is boring. Tokyo Police Club has plenty of energy, even if it makes your ears hurt.

mistdevil
03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
they good!

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
At one point or another I was kind of upset at something and they were the only reason I wanted to go to Coachella anymore. Haha.

La Ferrassie
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I want to see them so bad.

heatherxxll
03-09-2007, 06:39 AM
The day that I bought tickets to see them in Omaha, they dropped off of the lineup :(

But I was still really impressed with the Cold War Kids, they definitely made up for it.

Clear Channel Must Die
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
I saw the same show in Madison last night. I had heard a few Tokyo Police Club songs and was not impressed. They come across much better live. Unique style. Most songs are 2 to 3 minutes and end abruptly.