PDA

View Full Version : Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

RockStr4Life
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I happen to really love it...very witty, entertaining writing and good acting. By the same writer as the West Wing, Aaron Sorkin. I haven't really met anyone else who likes that show. I heard they might cancel it...I really hope they don't for some more bull shit reality TV or cliche TV sitcom.

mountmccabe
03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
I like it. It looks like they're trying to replace it with the Black Donnellys. I bet that's why Arcade Fire wouldn't let them use "Rebellion (Lies)" and they had to go with something by Snow Patrol.

faxman75
03-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Studio 60 hasn't been on in like 3 weeks. It's shelved and not spot is available for it at this point. Consider it over.

Sad, I liked it. The reality though is it's done.

KenMixtape
03-08-2007, 07:10 AM
here's my take on studio 60...
aaron sorkin can write any script where people are walking and talking fast and people will call it gold.
a drama about a comedy show?
i've tried to watch some of these episodes and it's clear that the characters take themselves waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. in the beginning the whole show was about how righteous they all thought they were when it comes to comedy, without ever showing any of the skits that supposedly made them so godlike.
and why on earth would I give a shit weather or not any of those annoying jerks hook up? i swear, the "will they or won't they" episode was excruciating.
and the "very special" episode where what's his face gets hooked on drugs?
good god, how heavy handed.

i hope 30 Rock puts nails in Studio 60's coffin.

ghettojournalist
03-08-2007, 11:44 AM
i like 30 rock and studio 60.
i have an affinity for self-referential material.
nbc will burn of the rest of studio at some point in the future.
it is still way better than "the black donnellys."

schoolofruckus
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I loved the first four or five episodes of "Studio 60", until I got wind around here that it would be cancelled. I lost track of it after that, thinking that it would be out after 13 episodes. But WBTV has sunk so much money into it so far that they tried to extend the run until at least the end of this season. That said, their budget cuts have been exorbitant - to the point that it was put on an unplanned hiatus for 8 days or so - and the show's future isn't looking good.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I want so much to like it as a huge fan of The West Wing and Sports Night (also Sorkin). Unfortunately it's clunky, overwritten and there are way too many characters I just don't give a fuck whether they live or die: See Peet, Amanda.

30 Rock also steers clear of actually showing any of the sketch comedy they do, but at least the damn show is funny.

Stick a fork in Studio 60, it's done...

kroqken
05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
The show was cancelled, so was Veronica Mars and the Gilmore Girls.

KenMixtape
05-25-2007, 07:18 PM
yQQYYwG5wBs

kroqken
05-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Studio 60, is that a real location?

fatbastard
05-26-2007, 05:39 PM
here's my take on studio 60...
aaron sorkin can write any script where people are walking and talking fast and people will call it gold.
a drama about a comedy show?
i've tried to watch some of these episodes and it's clear that the characters take themselves waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. in the beginning the whole show was about how righteous they all thought they were when it comes to comedy, without ever showing any of the skits that supposedly made them so godlike.
and why on earth would I give a shit weather or not any of those annoying jerks hook up? i swear, the "will they or won't they" episode was excruciating.
and the "very special" episode where what's his face gets hooked on drugs?
good god, how heavy handed.

i hope 30 Rock puts nails in Studio 60's coffin.

Sounds like you may not like the show.

fatbastard
05-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Studio 60, is that a real location?

Maybe they wanted a number in the show's name like 30 Rock.

mountmccabe
06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
They are showing a new episode tonight after a rerun of the Office.

Does anyone know if this is the first new one since it was replaced by the Black Donnellys? I mean I'm pretty sure NBC is just burning the eps now but I'm still happy to've caught it.

IdiotequeThom
06-07-2007, 08:14 PM
No, They've been showing new ones for a few weeks now.

I'm thinking they'll finish up the season this summer then cancel the show :mad: