PDA

View Full Version : AIR my god!

DanMonk
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
......but seriously this just occured to me: Where do you think AIR will play? (this was slightly touched on in the Manu Chao thread) they seem pretty big to play the outdoor stage, but i can't see them playing on the mainstage either? anythoughts.... i think Explosions in the Sky, AIR and then placebo would be rad on the outdoor stage sunday.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
AIR = main stage sunset. Kind of a no brainer, in 2004 they played on the main at sunset so it will be the same.

vinylmartyr
03-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I had to carry all Air's stuff once. I pulled a groin.

DanMonk
03-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, except all no brainers aside, where you at Massive Attack? it was a fucking disaster becasue a handful of people had no idea who massive attack was, and where chanting "Tool". it would be nice if that didn't happen this year. So maybe they would book them on the outdoor stage...

in 04' the cure was headlining so AIR, the flaming lips, the cure

That70sdesperado
03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, there's no way they're gonna put Air on the same stage as Rage. They're gonna put bands who can keep the Rage fans occupied and from being disrespectful. If they put Air on before Rage Against the Machine, I could see people chanting "Rage" during Air's set. They'll have the Roots and Manu Chao go before them. Air willll probably close the outdoor stage.

woogie846
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I had to carry all Air's stuff once. I pulled a groin.

Don't you think it would be as light as Air?

Hahahahahahaha.

Alchemy
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I think that the mainstage should be The Roots, Crowded House, Happy Mondays, Air (Sunset), Manu Chao and Rage. Willy Nelson closing out the outdoor theater.

I don't want Rage to disrespect Air... Or Manu Chao for that matter. But Air is very fragile and soft. I especially fear for Air.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, there's no way they're gonna put Air on the same stage as Rage. They're gonna put bands who can keep the Rage fans occupied and from being disrespectful. If they put Air on before Rage Against the Machine, I could see people chanting "Rage" during Air's set. They'll have the Roots and Manu Chao go before them. Air willll probably close the outdoor stage.

Air is not going before Rage. Manu Chao is, so its not going to be the worst thing at Sunset watching AIR.

Yeah, except all no brainers aside, where you at Massive Attack? it was a fucking disaster becasue a handful of people had no idea who massive attack was, and where chanting "Tool". it would be nice if that didn't happen this year. So maybe they would book them on the outdoor stage...

YES I WAS, I know what happend and they played RIGHT BEFORE TOOL. Air is not playing RIGHT BEFORE RAGE. Last 3 acts on the main go like this Air at sunset , Manu Chao and Rage. Willie Nelson closes outdoor stage done deal. AIr cant "downgrade" stages from 2004. They get the same slot cause its the most fitting.

Air = 3rd on line up in 2004 and also in 2006 conincidence? Nope...

DanMonk
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
YES I WAS, I know what happend and they played RIGHT BEFORE TOOL. Air is not playing RIGHT BEFORE RAGE. Last 3 acts on the main go like this Air at sunset , Manu Chao and Rage. Willie Nelson closes outdoor stage done deal. AIr cant "downgrade" stages from 2004. They get the same slot cause its the most fitting.

okay... but what about extrapolating the crazyness for RATM? hopefully all goes well i am really looking forward to air.
thanks for clearing that up superfan

ThomThom
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm going to stick with seeing Air when they tour state side, which hopefully will be this spring. Any idea on what kind of venue they would do out in LA?

BoardsofCoachella
03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm going to stick with seeing Air when they tour state side, which hopefully will be this spring. Any idea on what kind of venue they would do out in LA?

A couple of years ago, they played with either Stereolab or Monade at the Hollywood Bowl. My brother went to the show so I don't exactly remember.

el_ornelas
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Air is not going before Rage. Manu Chao is, so its not going to be the worst thing at Sunset watching AIR.

so we will have to wait until everyone that is going to play will be on the flyer and then we'll get the schedule? i could REALLY see manu open for Rage, but i just hope he doesn't get those annoying people who'll chant over manu. however, manu's show last summer reminded me sooo much of the craziness in the moshpit that i hadn't felt since rage. i just hope fuckers don't ruin manu's sweet slow/vocal songs.

manu! rage!

SmokesQuantity
03-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Why does everyone keep assuming that RATM fans are crazed animals who will ruin the festival for everyone else? It's been nearly 7 years since they broke up, so it's not anyone has a really good idea of what the "typical" RATM fan looks/acts like. And even if we are all making assumptions based on what we remember them being like...well, it's been almost 7 years and all those people have probably changed a lot since then.

Yes, I understand that some Tool fans last year were rude before Massive Attack, but it was a small minority within the crowd. There was a huge crowd for Massive Attack and most of them were either huge Massive Attack fans or came in the wave of people who had just finished seeing Madonna. There may have been a chant by a small contingent of rude Tool fans, but I didn't notice it (and I was in the middle of the crowd) and I guarantee you at least 95% of the crowd didn't either.

Anyway, even if Air does go on right before RATM (which I think is unlikely. Sunset seems like a smarter option) I don't think the potentially unruly RATM fans will do much to "ruin" your enjoyment of their set.

RockStr4Life
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I would love to see Damien Rice take the Sunset slot on the outdoor stage followed by Placebo, followed by Explosions in the Sky, followed by Air closing out the Outdoor stage. But I also really want to see VNV Nation and Infected Mushroom. They really should move Explosions in the Sky to Friday to go on before Bjork.

Anyway, Then I can mosey on over to the main stage on Sunday after The Roots, Willie Nelson, and Manu Chao and catch Rage to close out the entire show. No band should be opposing Rage on ANY stage.

Mivsy
03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
And if you don't like Rage?

RockStr4Life
03-08-2007, 01:42 AM
then go home and go to sleep and beat traffic

menikmati
03-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR RATM! OMG!

NeverMyopic
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
A couple of years ago, they played with either Stereolab or Monade at the Hollywood Bowl. My brother went to the show so I don't exactly remember.

It was with Stereolab at the Hollywood Bowl. And, Air played with the LA symphony orchestra - it was an INCREDIBLE show!

rage patton
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Do you think the people who are there ONLY to see Rage will disrespect Manu Chao?
Like, since Manu Chao has such eclectic music that appeals to many cultures, styles and genre, I would like to think those type of Rage fans would, and should, respect and even show appreciation. At the same time... something horrible in the pit of the stomach tells me that people are gonna be chanting "Rage" through his set. I really hope not.
Rage is pretty much the main reason I decided to go. But there are a ton of other artists, from all 3 days, Im there to see. Manu Chao is one of them.
I really hope there arent a ton of ignorant assholes. I know there will be some no matter what. I just hope not too many.

DeltaSigChi4
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone who chants "Tool" should be taken off the polo grounds.

E

Benis23
03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
anyone listened to airs new cd? how is it?

amyzzz
03-09-2007, 01:34 AM
It's pretty good, really mellow and not quite as engaging as Talkie Walkie, but enjoyable.

crazzz2007
03-09-2007, 01:58 AM
It's pretty good, really mellow and not quite as engaging as Talkie Walkie, but enjoyable.

is it out yet, or did it leak?

dontfeedthebird
03-09-2007, 06:39 AM
It's out. Get yours today!

EralisAwesome
03-09-2007, 08:18 AM
im hoping air closes the main stage after rage, so the rage campers will move out of the way. and seeing as the sunday tickets sold out hella fast, its not so far fetched to expect quite a few over zealous rage fanboys/girls.

shygirl
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
New album is great!

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Rage's performance is going to be EPIC!!!!

firesuite
03-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Those of you that might be bummed about having to choose between Air and somebody else (whoever it is), might take some comfort in seeing this:

North American tour now on sale
APRIL 21: Vancouver, BC @ Richards On Richards
APRIL 22: Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
APRIL 23: Tacoma, WA @ Pantages Theatre
APRIL 25: San Francisco, CA @ Nob Hill Masonic Center
APRIL 26: Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
APRIL 27: Phoenix, AZ @ The Marquee
APRIL 29: Indio, CA @ Coachella Festival festival is sold out
MAY 2: Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
MAY 4: Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
MAY 5 : Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
MAY 6: Montreal, PQ @ Metropolis
MAY 8: Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts
MAY 9: Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
MAY 10: New York, NY @ Theatre at Madison Square Garden

Nothing further in SoCal, but I know a lot of you are coming from elsewhere.

omg wtf bbq
03-09-2007, 09:55 AM
new air is fucking amazing

ThomThom
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
The track with Jarvis is fucking nuts

conzertfreek
03-16-2007, 11:54 PM
It was with Stereolab at the Hollywood Bowl. And, Air played with the LA symphony orchestra - it was an INCREDIBLE show!

I also was there at that show and WOW!!! You can hear just how amazing it was even on the bootleg which luckily surfaced in 06

merznerve
03-17-2007, 02:35 AM
i will be seeing air for the first time and sunset would definitely be the prime time to see them.. on a side note i think jesus and mary chain/sonic youth and eits would fit the dusk time slot as well

DanMonk
04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
looks like suprefan is kind of WRONG!

Boourns
04-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Anyone have a recent setlist?

hangthedj112
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
AIR = main stage sunset. Kind of a no brainer, in 2004 they played on the main at sunset so it will be the same.

Lol.