PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

grenade
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Releasing Telesterion a double CD collection with 37-songs, its a compilation of Omar's work that showcases the variety and explorative artistry spread across his 25 (and counting) solo albums. Stoked to see this guy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Telesterion.jpg

rjadams90
02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Rad. I still need to catch a Mars Volta set though.

mikebspeedracer
02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
im ready to smoke some weed and space out to this, maybe punch a few people in the face idk though i might save that for one day as a lion

Aales
02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
My brother lost his miiiinnndd when he read Omar's name on the bill,I'm really pumped too/fingers crossed he just does a huge ultra jam

chopperdave934
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know what we can expect from Omar's show? Seen him twice with ATDI and three times with TMV, and he always brings it live, but I'm not sure what his solo shows look like or who to expect with him. Normally I'd say it'd be silly to expect a Cedric appearance, but it seems like he makes an appearance on just about every one of Omar's albums, and has even played drums for him with Defacto before. Toss in the whole besties thing, seems like there's at least a shot. Anyone here that's seen a solo Omar show that can shed some light?

You can get Cryptomnesia (which is fucking awesome by the way) here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4852294/Grupo_Nuevo_de_Omar_Rodriguez_Lopez_-_Cryptomnesia_(2009)_%5Bmp3_V

I think I'm more excited to see this than I would be an TMV show. Was allowing myself to secretly hope for a 10-year ATDI reunion (I know that's foolish), but this will certainly do.

TheRotten42
02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know what we can expect from Omar's show? Seen him twice with ATDI and three times with TMV, and he always brings it live, but I'm not sure what his solo shows look like or who to expect with him. Normally I'd say it'd be silly to expect a Cedric appearance, but it seems like he makes an appearance on just about every one of Omar's albums, and has even played drums for him with Defacto before. Toss in the whole besties thing, seems like there's at least a shot. Anyone here that's seen a solo Omar show that can shed some light?

You can get Cryptomnesia (which is fucking awesome by the way) here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4852294/Grupo_Nuevo_de_Omar_Rodriguez_Lopez_-_Cryptomnesia_(2009)_%5Bmp3_V

I think I'm more excited to see this than I would be an TMV show. Was allowing myself to secretly hope for a 10-year ATDI reunion (I know that's foolish), but this will certainly do.

He talks a lot. I mean a LOT. It's nothing like Volta or ATDI, its more acid rock. Its cool but can get kinda boring at times when he just goes off the rocker and starts trying to make something new live and it doesn't turn out well.

chopperdave934
02-04-2011, 09:02 AM
That's crazy, I'm not sure I know what his voice even sounds like. And ya, I've listened to enough of his solo stuff to expect something different musically, and I can definitely see him getting too wonky for his own good, but when he's focused he's one of the most insane performers I've ever seen. Does he stay behind a guitar the whole time or does he show off some of his versatility ever?

Dogvolta
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Telesterio, how typical.
WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2011, 11:02 AM
He has 25 albums? Whoa.

sandra85
02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm extremely, extremely excited for this. Definitely who I'm looking forward to most that weekend. I've seen him play outside of the Mars Volta many times and I've never been disappointed, so I look forward to this a lot.