PDA

View Full Version : White Stripes Broke Up

nando44
02-02-2011, 10:33 AM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/red-white-and-blue-the-white-stripes-break-up/

MistaGlitch
02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
close but no cigar

Dede' Arneaux
02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011, their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any health issues as both Meg an Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way.

Meg and Jack want to thank every one of their fans and admirers for the incredible support they have given throughout the 13 plus years of The White Stripes’ intense and incredible career.

Third Man Records will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from The White Stripes in their Vault subscription record club, as well as through regular channels.

Both Meg and Jack hope this decision isn’t met with sorrow by their fans but that it is seen as a positive move done out of respect for the art and music that the band has created. It is also done with the utmost respect to those fans who’ve shared in those creations, with their feelings considered greatly.

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,
Meg and Jack White
The White Stripes

captncrzy
02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
In five years, the big 2016 Coachella reunion will be the White Stripes.

nando44
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011, their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any health issues as both Meg an Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way.

Meg and Jack want to thank every one of their fans and admirers for the incredible support they have given throughout the 13 plus years of The White Stripes’ intense and incredible career.

Third Man Records will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from The White Stripes in their Vault subscription record club, as well as through regular channels.

Both Meg and Jack hope this decision isn’t met with sorrow by their fans but that it is seen as a positive move done out of respect for the art and music that the band has created. It is also done with the utmost respect to those fans who’ve shared in those creations, with their feelings considered greatly.

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,
Meg and Jack White
The White Stripes

That is way better put it. By meg and jack white themselves. Thanks for the post dede' arneaux

thombjork
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
awwww shux...does this mean that dead weather is jacks new main squeeze?

nando44
02-02-2011, 10:42 AM
awwww shux...does this mean that dead weather is jacks new main squeeze?

He probably will make way more bands haha. He is a genius with music.

tmac
this. exactly what i thought when i read the news.

Neighborhood Creep
Fuck fuck fuck. I never got a chance to see them. I know a reuinion will come eventually though.

That70sdesperado
02-02-2011, 10:45 AM
NOOOOOOOoooooooooo.
This fucking sucks. Had tix to their SD show in Sept. 2007 when they canceled the whole tour. Didn't know that'd be the only chance I'd get to see them. Today sucks.

nando44
02-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Fuck fuck fuck. I never got a chance to see them. I know a reuinion will come eventually though.

They are probably tired of people asking them if they are coming back so they just broke up so they can come back whenever they want. Also another thing i realize is that people who break up and come back a few years later get offered a bunch of money to play one show. Its hard constantly making cds. With a reuinion, they can just play songs they already made and make alot of money. its all about the money haha

higgybaby23
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
My little bro is going to be very bummed. He was holding tix to one of the many shows that got cancelled on their last tour. The rumors about them headlining a major fest have been giving false hope to lots of fans. I just wish Jack would play and sing more. A solo record would be divine.

nando44
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
My little bro is going to be very bummed. He was holding tix to one of the many shows that got cancelled on their last tour. The rumors about them headlining a major fest have been giving false hope to lots of fans. I just wish Jack would play and sing more. A solo record would be divine.

Thats really sad new for your little bro then. I hope he does contribute more for his fans. I haven't seen alot of solo jack white in a while.

higgybaby23
02-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, he's fairly obsessed with seeing them. Maybe now he can get some kind of closure and move forward to a new concert obsession.

I saw them on the White Blood Cells tour here in Tucson, great show.

sk8r408
02-02-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45275

nando44
02-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, he's fairly obsessed with seeing them. Maybe now he can get some kind of closure and move forward to a new concert obsession.

I saw them on the White Blood Cells tour here in Tucson, great show.

Would of been a good time to see them. Now ehh not so much.

amishCYBORG
02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I have a lot of respect for artists that choose to preserve their success, rather than milk it for every last bit

farglesnuff
02-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Sad news cuz u never got to see em... Ive seen the raconteurs, but they dont have anything on the stripes.

pachucasunrise
02-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Shit. I only ever saw the Raconteurs. Not a big Dead Weather fan.

RobertGoulet
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Absolutely

DeadSkin
02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I knew it was going to happen... they have been on crazy hiatus. What with Meg White's sex tape and all... lol

OreoRabbit
02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
^ lol what?

JustSteve
02-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a lot of respect for artists that choose to preserve their success, rather than milk it for every last bit

have you seen some of the shit the stripes have put up for sale? not milking it? ha.

thefrush
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM

My thoughts exactly.

nahuatldream
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I think Albuquerque was the first cancelled show. I had tickets. A small theatre that holds like 5000-6000 seats. Guess I'll have to see them at the reunion show.

ghornett
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Saw them in boston on the Icky Thump tour, it was fucking incredible. RIP WHITE STRIPES

KickerConspiracy
02-02-2011, 02:23 PM
NOOOOOOOoooooooooo.
This fucking sucks. Had tix to their SD show in Sept. 2007 when they canceled the whole tour. Didn't know that'd be the only chance I'd get to see them. Today sucks.

Same here, except for the SF show. :(

DropletsOfYes&No
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I was lucky enough to see them when White Blood Cells first came(Symypathy for the Record Industry Version) out in Dallas with maybe about 200 people at the show and Jack walked right up and said hi. The Greenhornes opened and I have a Your Southern Can is Mine Tour shirt with a Greenhorne holding a peppermint and both the bands name on the back. Then I saw them again for Elephant. They were huge by then.

amishCYBORG
02-02-2011, 07:34 PM
have you seen some of the shit the stripes have put up for sale? not milking it? ha.

No, I really don't keep up with/listen to them. I just read it and took it as a valid excuse for them to go away.

thewoodenman
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
well, i guess i shoulda checked em out when i had the chance. oh well.