PDA

View Full Version : PJ Harvey Help

babyduck33
02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Attention Music Elitist:

I have not heard much of PJ Harvey. What albums/songs should I download?

erselone
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Dry....To Bring You My Love.....Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea....... White Chalk!!!!!! But pretty much everything she touches is amazing.....some more than others!!!!!!

Kyliediscope
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Though this really didn't need it's own thread. Read this and pick the album that sounds the best to you: http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1980602&postcount=134

citizenerased
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Help me PJ Harvey you're my only hope.

babyduck33
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Though this really didn't need it's own thread. Read this and pick the album that sounds the best to you: http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1980602&postcount=134
Thanks for the link. I will make sure to check with you on my next post. Asshole

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the link. I will make sure to check with you on my next post. Asshole

Not an asshole. There are many PJ harvey threads. There is a search function for this.

Enjoy PJ though, she's great, every album.

KickerConspiracy
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Best are To Bring You My Love, Dry, and Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea. Others are hit and miss.

algunz
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I hope PJ helps me too. :winkiss

untzcrate
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
WTF is up with all you people bitching about new threads?

I guess I didn't get the memo about the lack of thread real estate.

You guys bitching about "not using the search function" need to get a life and stop treating this board like it's your Precious Moments figurine collection.

algunz
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Where's Grandma?

Kyliediscope
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Because these goddamn questions are already answered in usually no less than three other threads. It's like when a toddler goes, "Mom...mom.....mom.....mom.....mommy...mom, mom, mom.....moooooom." Like cool, you have our attention now, but we really just want to punt you down the stairs.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
WTF is up with all you people bitching about new threads?

I guess I didn't get the memo about the lack of thread real estate.

You guys bitching about "not using the search function" need to get a life and stop treating this board like it's your Precious Moments figurine collection.

Don't you think it would make more sense to have single cohesive threads about singular subjects so people who want information could get it all in one place? What does this have to do with "having a life?" It doesn't have anything to do with "thread real estate."

untzcrate
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Because these goddamn questions are already answered in usually no less than three other threads. It's like when a toddler goes, "Mom...mom.....mom.....mom.....mommy...mom, mom, mom.....moooooom." Like cool, you have our attention now, but we really just want to punt you down the stairs.

At least we can all agree we're glad thinking up analogies isn't your day-job.

El.C.Dub
02-02-2011, 01:25 AM
i actually thought it was a pretty cogent one.

loubque
02-02-2011, 10:19 AM

its hardly like that.

you are the one giving people the attention by responding. let it go if it has been asnwered...but no keep it going so other whiny bitches can continue to add their 2 cents of nothing, or better 2 cents of been done already...but funnier additives.

oh yeah but that said, Dry is pretty good. Stories of the City... and To Bring You My Love are probably the most accessible and good at that. I liked 4 Track Demos better than Rid Of Me. Lately it has been growing on me (17 years later i have come to terms with it)

fnmore
02-03-2011, 12:05 PM
here is a cool thread too

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2017697&posted=1#post2017697

Kyliediscope
02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
i actually thought it was a pretty cogent one.

Thanks.

Well, at least I gave him something helpful no one seems to acknowledge that. Ungrateful bastards.

socalguy100
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Her new album "Let England Shake" can be streamed here:

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/06/133495228/first-listen-pj-harvey-let-england-shake

TomAz
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
You guys bitching about "not using the search function" need to get a life

Is 'get a life' what passes for an intelligent comment in your life?

I mean, guy, come on. Do you actually know any of the people here? Do you know what their lives are like? Do you have even the slightest inkling of how they are or what they do for fun?

Of course not, because you are an intellectually deficient drooling ape, incapable of uttering anything more than mindless regurgitated crap you once heard on The Real World.

fnmore
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
they better not put her on any kind of main stage if she plays this new stuff

yikes!

nbvcide
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Attention Music Elitist:

I have not heard much of PJ Harvey. What albums/songs should I download?

check out the track Down By The Water.. her first 2-3 albums were ranked among best of the decade by spin and rolling stone

Somewhat Damaged
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I think "Whores Hustle and Hustlers Whore" has become the song I'm most hopeful about hearing on Sunday night.

getbetter
02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I hope PJ helps me too. :winkiss

she's all mine Gunz .

shoegazer76
02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I will be front and center on the rail with roses for my queen.

lawbstar
02-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't understand pj harvey. I also need pj harvey help.

Mammoth85
02-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm a bit baffled by all of this "I don't understand" PJ Harvey business. She's a kick ass musician. What's not to get? If you don't understand her, it's probably because she's just not your taste. Don't force yourself to enjoy her, or anything for that matter. But people who do enjoy her music love her whole heartedly.

Mammoth85
02-08-2011, 12:21 AM
they better not put her on any kind of main stage if she plays this new stuff

yikes!

What the hell?

lawbstar
02-08-2011, 12:38 AM
I was half joking. I really wouldn't force myself to listen to music I hate, but I will try to give it a chance. Often when I listen to songs once I don't like them at first, but as they become more familiar I like them more. Or I like the way they sound better in speakers vs. laptop vs. earphones, etc. But it don't matter how I listen to PJ, I just don't connect with her sound or the image she portrays.

Mammoth85
02-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Her sound is very particular. I will admit I was caught off guard and didn't care much for her when I first began listening to her. But as my catalogue of her music grew, my love for her did too.

But yes, it's not for everyone. Good luck! Hope it's for you!

untzcrate
02-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Is 'get a life' what passes for an intelligent comment in your life?

I mean, guy, come on. Do you actually know any of the people here? Do you know what their lives are like? Do you have even the slightest inkling of how they are or what they do for fun?

Of course not, because you are an intellectually deficient drooling ape, incapable of uttering anything more than mindless regurgitated crap you once heard on The Real World.

Haha!

I just saw this.

How's your Precious Moments collection, TomAz?

Are you still getting angry at your mom for not putting them in the same place after she cleans your room?

SamYoolSun
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/41537-pj-harvey-plans-live-webcast/

Can't wait for this!

nathanfairchild
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Haha!

I just saw this.

How's your Precious Moments collection, TomAz?

Are you still getting angry at your mom for not putting them in the same place after she cleans your room?

still living at home with mom jokes.....

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/success-businessmen-high-five.jpg

fnmore
02-14-2011, 04:00 PM
What the hell?

have you heard her new record?

kinda boring

real boring

WhyTheLongFace
02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Finally popped in "Dry" to see the hype. Her music is not what I expected to hear. But I'll hold judgment after I hear 2-3 albums

Kyliediscope
02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Trevon.
Use the guide I made. Honestly, it will give you a better idea of her as a whole and you can start with an album that suits your tastes more.

WhyTheLongFace
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Alright I'll do that.

She just had so many albums I got confused and just said I'll start from the beginning lol.

I'll go to your guide now