PDA

View Full Version : WORST live acts of 2011

PJandBompton
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
didn't see a thread, so what are the WORST live acts of 2011?

from what i've heard of Crystal Castles they can be awful at times, and real good at others...

edit - meant to put worst live acts.

schmechel-deckle
01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. maybe i just dont get the music but it is just so booooring

rage patton
01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Sleigh Bells were one of the absolute worst things I had ever seen when I saw them open up for Yeasayer last year. Avoid them at all costs.

Also, Ariel Pink was awesome opening up for the Flamings Lips... that is all I have to say on that matter.

betao
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Wiz Khalifa.

thewoodenman
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I vote Sleigh Bells also. How are they back again? Usually you have to be good to be invited back....

hobomilitia
01-30-2011, 08:12 PM
ariel pink is atrocious live.

I think crystal castles were good live, but friends who saw the same set thought it was shit.

WhyTheLongFace
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Crystal Castles were great at HHM 08 until the last 5-10 minutes where she was laying on the ground scream.

The 1st 50 mins were amazing though. Dance fucking fever

fredbull
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Crystal castles for sure.... i really liked their first cd, but i saw them at coachella 09, and left the set, and then i saw their full set at hard summer waiting for chromeo and it ruined them for me.... can't even listen to their cd anymore.
scarred for life....

nathanfairchild
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Crystal castles for sure.... i really liked their first cd, but i saw them at coachella 09, and left the set, and then i saw their full set at hard summer waiting for chromeo and it ruined them for me.... can't even listen to their cd anymore.
scarred for life....

i thought their second album was great. you should definitely give it a listen if you haven't already. I saw them in Dallas and i thought they were great.

DJ Sin
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
I went to Crystal Castles in 08 and ended leaving, after seeing Naked Wizard get tazered, I wasn't in the mood for them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/23/naked-wizard-tazered-at-c_n_190502.html

lawbstar
01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Ariel Pink is bad live? Say it aint so!

nbvcide
01-30-2011, 09:48 PM
they played year before last, and yes, they sucked..

their sound doesn't translate live at all

pewpew87
01-30-2011, 09:55 PM
ariel pink is atrocious live.

I think crystal castles were good live, but friends who saw the same set thought it was shit.

Kirsty Castles killed it at Hard Summer last year

really enjoyed their set

pewpew87
01-30-2011, 09:56 PM
but it might've been the drugs

RAGER
01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
not kings of leon. look how many albums they sold. so how many people at there stage? do the math.

DANCE MAGIC
01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
not kings of leon. look how many albums they sold. so how many people at there stage? do the math.

whats popular =/= whats right

PlayaDelWes
01-30-2011, 10:04 PM
does =/= = !=?

Gribbz
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Sleigh Bells were one of the absolute worst things I had ever seen when I saw them open up for Yeasayer last year. Avoid them at all costs.

I don't know how you can say this and defend Crystal Castles live.

I mean, they practically do the same thing.

Both loud, screamy noise.

nbvcide
01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Kirsty Castles killed it at Hard Summer last year

really enjoyed their set

better at previous hard summer..

rage patton
01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't know how you can say this and defend Crystal Castles live.

I mean, they practically do the same thing.

Both loud, screamy noise.

Sleigh Bells are loud, obnoxious canned beats with some dude playing boring, yet annoying power chords over top of it while some chick yells over top.

Crystal Castles are loud and somewhat abbrasive, but never obnoxious, dance music with catchy and sexy-as-fuck melodies while some chick yells over top.

Also, Alice Glass is a great frontwoman, while the chick from Sleigh Bells acts like a pissed off 14 year old on stage.

Crystal Castles fucking rock live and Sleigh Bells are just pathetic.

greghead
01-30-2011, 10:19 PM
CC's set in 09 was atrocious. At least the Alice Glass portion of it was, the rest was just entirely forgettable.

dorkfish
01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Ariel Pink's Coachella set was great.

Gribbz
01-30-2011, 10:27 PM
CC's set in 09 was atrocious. At least the Alice Glass portion of it was, the rest was just entirely forgettable.

Agreed. Easily one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

I might give them a second chance though... I really dig their newest album.

EDIT* This probably will not happen.

fredbull
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
the only show worse than their 09 show, was their hard summer show of 09.

rage patton
01-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Agreed. Easily one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

I might give them a second chance though... I really dig their newest album.

EDIT* This probably will not happen.

I have heard bad things about this set... but talk to pretty much anyone who saw their late night set at Bonnaroo 09. Unbe-fucking-lievable set. One of the best of the weekend for sure.

Aales
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Best coast! BC is sooooooooo boring live.

nathanfairchild
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
In regards to Crystal Castles, I wonder how their show would be in daylight, although I suppose that they are high enough on the bill that they would be late. Lots of strobes going on during the show I was at.

citizenerased
01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
In regards to Crystal Castles, I wonder how their show would be in daylight, although I suppose that they are high enough on the bill that they would be late. Lots of strobes going on during the show I was at.
They played in 09 while it was still light out. Way better in the dark.

People need to realize it was an exceptionally poor performance by their standards, they can put on a great show.

beeerplease
01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Animal Collective

Karilo13
01-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Saw Crystal Castles with HEALTH last year and they were great. If they aren't conflicted with another band I like, I'll see them again.

McFearless
01-31-2011, 02:43 AM
I am going to agree with the CC naysayers.

I seen YAHCT open for VW a few years ago and I gotta say they weren't that great. I remember thinking the chick was wearing too much American Appearal. Anyone seen them recently?

Bodie
01-31-2011, 03:06 AM
Seriously, what's the justification for bringing them back two years in a row?

I vote Sleigh Bells also. How are they back again? Usually you have to be good to be invited back....

McFearless
01-31-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm honestly starting to think that there is some serious "payola" style stuff going on. Particularly with bands that are strongly backed by larger labels (Neon Trees).

I wouldn't doubt that other labels may bargain as well. Like "Ill let band x play but only if you book band y as well."

It may explain some of the questionable booking.

Bumblebee
01-31-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm honestly starting to think that there is some serious "payola" style stuff going on. Particularly with bands that are strongly backed by larger labels (Neon Trees).

I wouldn't doubt that other labels may bargain as well. Like "Ill let band x play but only if you book band y as well."

It may explain some of the questionable booking.

That's always happened at Festivals. Same with smalls acts that are also managed by big name acts on the bill. Probably a great idea for a thread.

edbangme
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
I have heard bad things about this set... but talk to pretty much anyone who saw their late night set at Bonnaroo 09. Unbe-fucking-lievable set. One of the best of the weekend for sure.

That set was incredible.

bottomfeeder
01-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Seriously, what's the justification for bringing them back two years in a row?

Apparently some disagree...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/04/coachella-2010-sleigh-bells-revives-rap-metal-for-the-better-1.html

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm going to have to add Cage the Elephant here.

jamesc2929
01-31-2011, 05:47 AM

Yeah...They sucked it last year. They should have invited Florence and the Machine back.

PlayaDelWes
01-31-2011, 07:26 AM

Really? I had no idea who they were when I stumbled into the Mojave two years back for part of their set. I was quite entertained.

nathanfairchild
01-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Apparently some disagree...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/04/coachella-2010-sleigh-bells-revives-rap-metal-for-the-better-1.html

rap metal? who the fuck classifies them as this?

WhyTheLongFace
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
So the consensus is that most of this board have only seen CC live once which is herald as one of their worst shows. They get a bad rap for no reason

zukoboss
01-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Kings of Leon SHRED :lool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOF1FJ7wGhw

nathanfairchild
01-31-2011, 07:43 AM

:nono

gmoneyak
01-31-2011, 07:49 AM
I've seen bits and pieces of CC play in 3 seperate shows, and they were grating each time. Its going to be really hard for me to give them another chance. And I, like many of you, really like their albums.

Honorable mention goes to Lil B, solely based on EVERY live video I've come across.

schmechel-deckle
01-31-2011, 07:50 AM
I thoroughly enjoy CC's beats, they are always fun to dance to, i really like the 8-bit style or whatever it is called. I just cannot stand Alices' voice, it sounds like a trainwreck live

gimmeth3night
01-31-2011, 08:14 AM
I didn't realize Crystal Castles have off days. I couldn't stand them actually until HARD Summer 2010 but after that I sort of just wrapped my finger around them and started really enjoying their music. I was excited to see them again. I'm going to give them another shot but at least now, if Alice's voice sounds any worse than a baby seal drowning, I will recognize they are having an "off" night an leave.

And from what I know of, Sleigh Bells is friends with PT or some other head honcho in GV. Their set last year sucked but since then they've got much more popular too. So I assume that's why GV's giving them another chance...friendship + popularity increase

DJdharma
01-31-2011, 08:37 AM

Man, how unprofessional can you get. What an insult to the fans. Why didn't some guitar techs come out and help them get that shit in order, and then deliver a solid performance. I'm surprised the fans were as forgiving as they were. Maybe they were so out of their minds (on KoL kool-aid) that they didn't notice. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

I saw KoL set at 'chella a couple years back, and it was memorably good. Solid. They had good old fashion sexy rock 'n' roll swagga. They looked, played, and strutted like cave men armed with guitars for clubs, bashing fans on their heads, dragging their soles back to the cave for Rock raping. Now they are trim, and neat, and wear v-neck sweaters. FUCKING V-NECK SWEATERS!

pachucasunrise
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I definitely caught CC at an "on" day, then. They're one of my top acts on friday.

V7QgyrcIvWk

nathanfairchild
01-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Man, how unprofessional can you get. What an insult to the fans. Why didn't some guitar techs come out and help them get that shit in order, and then deliver a solid performance. I'm surprised the fans were as forgiving as they were. Maybe they were so out of their minds (on KoL kool-aid) that they didn't notice. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

I saw KoL set at 'chella a couple years back, and it was memorably good. Solid. They had good old fashion sexy rock 'n' roll swagga. They looked, played, and strutted like cave men armed with guitars for clubs, bashing fans on their heads, dragging their soles back to the cave for Rock raping. Now they are trim, and neat, and wear v-neck sweaters. FUCKING V-NECK SWEATERS!

Do y'all seriously not know that these shred videos are fake? I mean, do we need to make a sticky announcing that all shred videos are fake? It makes you sound like a fucking retard when you fall for it.

DeadSkin
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM

Also, Ariel Pink was awesome opening up for the Flamings Lips... that is all I have to say on that matter.

Rage where did you see the Ariel Pink & Flaming Lips, I saw them at the Fox Theater in Oakland. They were noisy. I really enjoyed the Flaming Lips though.

PapaDill
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Never was a huge fan of CC, that is until i saw them play live at HARD summer '10. They totally killed it. I think playing a night was a big part of it... they were back lit with crazy lights in silhouettes with a wall of light and sound melting your face.

I went with a group of people, everyone agreed that CC was the highlight of their night... that is, except for soulwax; the Dewaele bros are just untouchable.

PrettyRagdoll
01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
didn't see a thread, so what are the WORST live acts of 2011?

from what i've heard of Crystal Castles they can be awful at times, and real good at others...

edit - meant to put worst live acts.

Definitely agree about Crystal Castles. I saw them at the House of Blues when they were opening for Metric a few years ago and it was just... Shit. I know a lot of people liked them when they played Coachella, but I just couldn't bring myself to give them another chance

PrettyRagdoll
01-31-2011, 10:59 AM

A lot of people really liked the set. Maybe not on the board, but most of the people who were excited to see Sleigh Bells last year and saw them, generally loved the set.

Yeah...They sucked it last year. They should have invited Florence and the Machine back.

As much as I disagree about Sleigh Bells, I definitely would trade them up for Florence

Really? They were really good at Coachella, whatever year that was

IlliniQ
01-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Best coast! BC is sooooooooo boring live.

Not surprised given how one note the album is, Dum Dum Girls would have been a much better choice in the 60s girl group sound department

HandBanana
01-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Interpol are worse than bad they are boring.
Motionless, passionless and note perfect.
There is no good reason to watch a live Interpol set.

fredbull
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
So the consensus is that most of this board have only seen CC live once which is herald as one of their worst shows. They get a bad rap for no reason

well i saw them twice and they were terrible both times.... and i'm no hater, like i said i really like their first album, but live they just sound terrible.

HedNoiZe801
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Kanye West is the worst name I've seen on a Coachella line-up

citizenerased
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM
If you think on a good day Alice Glass will actually sing you're going to be disappointed no matter what. If you can appreciate the music, infectious energy, and the crowd than you can love the shit out of it.

Gribbz
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
I definitely caught CC at an "on" day, then. They're one of my top acts on friday.

V7QgyrcIvWk

This is one of their "good" sets?

Oh my.

I.F.A.
01-31-2011, 01:49 PM
I am going to agree with the CC naysayers.

Also agreed. I don't get it.

TallGuyCM
01-31-2011, 01:57 PM
There's nothing to get.

marleybooger
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Animal Collective

you need to be sodomized by a bull elephant with its 6 foot dick splitting you in half.

juloxx
01-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Did someone say Crystal Castles yet?

LickTheLizzard
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM

V7QgyrcIvWk

This is damn near unlistenable, and I actually like this song.

nbvcide
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
people who say crystal castles either have only seen their coachella set, or havent seen many shitty bands..ive seen almost half the lineup (much of it at coachella) and the worst acts ive seen? the strokes and electric touch.

SUSHIXXXXX
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Interpol: Boring, motionless
Bright Eyes: Saw him on his Cassadaga tour, played 99% new shit in total darkness

gmoneyak
01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
you need to be sodomized by a bull elephant with its 6 foot dick splitting you in half.

Animal Collective fan.
Defensive.

TallGuyCM
01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
I can totally understand why people don't care for Animal Collective live. They sound different than they do on album, a lot of their songs are more jammy and if you're not into it can seem somewhat meandering.

I dig them in a live setting though, I just have my reservations as to how they'll fare on the main stage.

gmoneyak
01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I've never really given their albums a fair shake because of their live performances.

edbangme
01-31-2011, 03:40 PM
CvkfxVpDtgw&feature=related
I think this captures the raw energy of their performances, but I'm sure a lot of people don't like this. She screams at every concert.

BKsaysAction!
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Somehow that sounds a little better since you can kind of make out certain words. At Coachella however she sounded even worse.

LickTheLizzard
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
If she would just STFU, I don't think they would even be mentioned in this thread IMO.

BKsaysAction!
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
EYwpza3Lon0

heres that same song from roo at coachella the vid is short but it speaks for it's self.

edbangme
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah the Coachella set is generally regarded as their worst. I honestly really like her haha the two times I've seen them the screaming wasn't really an issue it just kind of blended in and she has such an insane stage presence lol

Gribbz
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Honestly, how are the Coachella videos any different from the "good" videos that were posted?

TallGuyCM
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
They're not.

Strike III
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm sad that Sleigh Bells are bad live. But that's what I am expecting after listening to their album. :(

juloxx
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Alice and MC Verse should get married

mistakenstrangers
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
they played year before last, and yes, they sucked..

their sound doesn't translate live at all

A lot can happen in two years. Saw Ariel Pink live last night, and it was awesome, they've definitely worked on their live sound a hell of a lot, yet they still make it sound like it's coming directly out of your cassette tape player.

nbvcide
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
A lot can happen in two years. Saw Ariel Pink live last night, and it was awesome, they've definitely worked on their live sound a hell of a lot, yet they still make it sound like it's coming directly out of your cassette tape player.

..and im sure that the open outdoor festival sound will lend itself nicely the same way that the tiny venue you saw them in did..

kvnty
01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks for pissing on my Sleigh Bells parade. If I wanted a golden shower, I would have gone back to the R. Kelly thread.

Milky
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I saw Sleigh Bells a month ago and I thought they were fantastic. They were energetic, extremely loud, didn't give a fuck that they sounded shit and had the crowd going crazy. To me that is the very definition of a great live show. Who wants to go watch some boring band like Interpol that just stand there and play?

Bringing me onto my next point... Interpol. I like their albums but they are so plain live. Saw them last month too and they literally just stood there and played. No energy, barely any life. No crowd interaction and some really odd setlist choices (no Henrich Manovere or Lights!?).

kvnty
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
^ this one really has his shit together ^

DJdharma
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Do y'all seriously not know that these shred videos are fake? I mean, do we need to make a sticky announcing that all shred videos are fake? It makes you sound like a fucking retard when you fall for it.

This aint fake. This says it all, yall...
gbN5FY0dNV0

TomServo
02-01-2011, 07:20 AM

Agreed. They were just terr-awful at Voodoo last year.

The energy was good, they seemed to be having fun, but the lead singer sounded absolutely horrendous, like a fan had somehow got onstage. Blarg. I was looking forward to their set, too.

kid_a
02-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I've never seen Kanye before, but I'm absolutely positive he will be THE worst act of 2011.

misterpickles
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
EYwpza3Lon0

oh jeez

I'm sad that Sleigh Bells are bad live. But that's what I am expecting after listening to their album. :(

they're just bad, bad, bad all around

Gribbz
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Honestly, how are the Coachella videos any different from the "good" videos that were posted?

Anyone?

bender
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Crystal Castles is just hit or miss. I saw them do a really bad set at Sasquatch and then saw them do a crazy good set at Lollapalooza the same year.
And I thought Ariel Pink showed up the Flaming Lips when I saw them open.

Now Mumford & Sons...that's a terrible live act.

PapaDill
02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I think bright eyes is way over rated. Conner oberst is a pretentious schmuck, too many people said that he is the "next Bob Dylan" and I think that got to his head.

Also his constant vibrato voice really makes me want to punch him in the face.

I saw him open for rage this summer at sound strike withe his country band thing... Peope were booing him costantly. that being said, everyone there went to see rage, I don't think there is a lot of crossover between their fan bases.

edbangme
02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't give a fuck, the two times I have seen them were so much fun.

citizenerased
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
mF-uAoBjV8E
Yeah this is totally the worst live act...
Coachella redemption!

heyeric
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM

I've seen CC roughly 6-7 times, that's including the many instances i've walked out on alice's retched voice, but i'm going to have to blame whoever was running the soundboard, either they clearly did not know what they are doing or they were not communicating properly with Alice. Hopefully they have permanently hired someone to run FOH for them to perfect their live sound. I have seen one good performance and that was back in 2006 at The Glasshouse.

heyeric
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
PS: Where in DBAR do you stay? I'm up the street from Lorbeer Middle School.

Gribbz
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I've seen CC roughly 6-7 times, that's including the many instances i've walked out on alice's retched voice, but i'm going to have to blame whoever was running the soundboard, either they clearly did not know what they are doing or they were not communicating properly with Alice. Hopefully they have permanently hired someone to run FOH for them to perfect their live sound. I have seen one good performance and that was back in 2006 at The Glasshouse.

So, 1 time out of 7? Yikes.

zukoboss
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
This aint fake. This says it all, yall...
gbN5FY0dNV0

haha wow that Akon part is hilarious!!!
but on to the topic: I saw Ariel back at FYF... they were pretty together as a band but the sound quality was shit. If you know their songs it's a lot of fun, but going in as a new observer would be hard to get in to. However, their performance on Fallon was promising- a huge improvement. Still definitely going to check them out.

heyeric
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
So, 1 time out of 7? Yikes.

Yup, CC Live carries a pretty horrible track record with me. I'm an album fan only, they haven't proven that they can take that sound and play live with it. Surprisingly enough, The Juno Awards nominated Crystal Castles 2nd Self Titled album for Electronic Album of the Year. They always deserve some sort of redemption, I guess that's why I continue to check them out.

Veronica_MP
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Also his constant vibrato voice really makes me want to punch him in the face.

It's always what I imagined a singing goat would sound like.

chopperdave934
02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
The acts I've seen that didn't wow me live:
-The Strokes (Julian was drunk as shit, but I find 'em kinda boring to begin with)
-Bright Eyes (really like 'em a lot, and have seen Conor play great before, but remember their '05 Coachella set being underwhelming; then again I was probably just super wiped out by then)
-Interpol (admittedly probably a personal thing, never been that big a fan, but live they started to seem interminable)
-Jimmy Eat World (I've seen them put on good energetic shows in the past, but can guarantee there will be something more exciting happening while this is going on)

Gribbz
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Yup, CC Live carries a pretty horrible track record with me. I'm an album fan only, they haven't proven that they can take that sound and play live with it.

This is where I am as well.

grannock
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Sleigh Bells were one of the absolute worst things I had ever seen when I saw them open up for Yeasayer last year.

Signed.

beeerplease
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Hipster.

That70sdesperado
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Best Coast is pretty boring live.

thetello
02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.zazzle.com/do_you_like_fishsticks_tshirt-235783995191980791

Bus McRider
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Crystal Castles and Laidback Luke sucked when I saw them.

nathanfairchild
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.zazzle.com/do_you_like_fishsticks_tshirt-235783995191980791

no....more....fishsticks....jokes

Edmontonian
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Interpol - I've always been a big fan of Interpol but we all thought their set at Coachella 2007 was Boring, no energy to it.

YACHT- Again, great on record, terrible live. What are synthy dancey dreamy beats on their albums get turned into some sort of awful rock band with singers who just scream and sound like shit.

I just went through the list and actually, that's all I've got. And I've seen 38 bands on the lineup this year. Only 2 of them didn't qualify as at least "Pretty Sweet" so y'all are in for a good year I guess?

JelloPuddingChat
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I saw Best Coast at the Weezer pinkerton show and it was pretty boring. Their record is ok but the songs start sounding the same after a while.

JelloPuddingChat
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM
I've only seen Animal Collective twice and they were both at Coachella. The 06 set was awesome, but the 08 set didn't do too much for me. Hopefully having deakin back will bring a bit more energy. They'll be able to mix up their set a bit more too.

mistakenstrangers
02-04-2011, 02:17 AM

..and im sure that the open outdoor festival sound will lend itself nicely the same way that the tiny venue you saw them in did..

I actually saw them at a festival on an outdoor stage...

beeerplease
02-04-2011, 02:45 AM

Laidback Luke is a great DJ IMO!

sandra85
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I haven't seen her and may check her out to say I did and because I used to like her, but I get the feeling that Lauryn Hill will be the answer to this question after Coachella ends, just based on the reviews by fans and journalists alike that her tour has been getting so far ...

LickTheLizzard
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM

If you live in AZ, then I completely understand... his set at 910 was one of the worst I've ever seen. complete trainwreck...but that was no fault of his own. I really hope to see Laidback Luke at Coachella to make up for that atrocity.

If you don't live in AZ...well then just disregard my ramblings.

abbeyroad 04
02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Is MIA playing again? If so, she wins (loses). Whatever.