PDA

View Full Version : post sellout poster

brycerosen
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Dear GV,
Now that Coachella has sold all its tickets, please replace Neon Trees with Fistful of Mercy and move them to the bottom of the poster. Or replace them with anyone for that matter (prob not She Wants revenge though). I get why u made them so bold, they had a REALY big hit this year and u needed to sell tix. Now that you don't though it would fix a really big eye soar. Maybe Swap PVD and Gogol while your at it.

Thanks

thewoodenman
01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
and how bout swaping just mumford & sons with just about anyone as well

Garbarator
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
i endorse this thread 100%

heart cooks brain
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Post sellout Bannings:

Dear GV,

I get that you don't want to engender bad feelings on the part of your forum users by banning them for creating stupid threadz that have no bearing on anything even remotely connected to the universe as a whole, but Coachella 2011 has sold out, so everyone is pissed already. Ban this idiot, and all others like him.

Sincerely,

I Hate this Thread.

brycerosen
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
and how bout swaping just mumford & sons with just about anyone as well

they are booked to high, it would look really cool to swap them with Erikah Badu, that said I'm not ready to jump on the lets hate them because there popular bandwagon, there album is really good

DANCE MAGIC
01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
honestly, who fucking cares what the poster looks like? if you don't like neon trees, don't watch them. i've never even fucking heard of that band.

brycerosen
01-28-2011, 02:58 PM
maybe its just me but i work at a radio station and i hear it 10 times everyday, and when i scan the poster looking up new bands, showing friends and stuff its a real eye soar to see it, i know its a typical whiny thing on a message board to complain about but they suck so bad

dorkfish
01-28-2011, 03:02 PM
perhaps bands contractually require certain poster/billing positioning. perhaps.

koryp
01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
This could fix all your problems with the poster

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/42500/Yawn-Baby-Yawn-42700.jpg

brycerosen
01-28-2011, 03:20 PM
aaaaaaaw man

cormaic
01-28-2011, 03:23 PM
They can keep the billing order the same, just please make it nicer to look at. No color is just not a good aesthetic.

Ardentbiscuit
01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Have you ever read the Wikipedia entry where somebody transcribed the guy from "Mumford and Sons" trying to explain what the song, "Little Lion Man" means...oh so annoying..

About the song Marcus Mumford has said:

Itís a very personal story, so I wonít elaborate upon too much. Suffice to say, it was a situation in my life I wasnít very happy with or proud ofÖ and sometimes when you canít describe a feeling with your own words, itís almost easier to express in a song. And then, when you get asked about the songs, itís quite difficult to explain. Itís a conundrum ó you donít want to seem self-indulgent explaining yourself; itís always awkward. Which is weird again, because itís never awkward actually singing them. I suppose the song should stand on its own and people draw their own interpretation from the words. But for me, personally, itís the lyrics that I listen to again and again in a song. I place specific importance on them. I canít write lyrics unless I really feel them and mean them, which can sometimes be quite frustrating ó because if youíre not feeling much at the time, youíre stuck. ďI guess the sound of it grabs you a little bit by the balls ó itís quite an aggressive song, a bit more of a punch in the face. Or at least, for our stuff, anyway ó a lot of our stuff isnít quite as hard-hitting as that. It felt like the right song to be the single because it represented the harder, darker side of what we do, and at the same time, the more folksy and punchy side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Lion_Man

Gribbz
01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
They can keep the billing order the same, just please make it nicer to look at. No color is just not a good aesthetic.

Looks like a scene from The Road. The novel anyway.

mmblack
01-28-2011, 04:04 PM
eye sore*

Stickjohn
01-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm happy Goldenvoice managed to get Mumford this year. You're crazy if you think they don't belong that high.

stewboss
01-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm happy Goldenvoice managed to get Mumford this year. You're crazy if you think they don't belong that high.

Agreed. I really don't get the Mumford hate - get it if it's not your thing and understand if you're tired of the radio play but they seem like a great match for the sunset set. At least that's where I'm looking forward to seeing them.

DJ Sin
01-29-2011, 11:28 AM
maybe its just me but i work at a radio station and i hear it 10 times everyday, and when i scan the poster looking up new bands, showing friends and stuff its a real eye soar to see it, i know its a typical whiny thing on a message board to complain about but they suck so bad

stop whining, I know a veteran Coachella friends of mine who would give their left nut to go to Coachella right now.