PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead to tour this year???

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Although it's highly unlikely to be a reality for Coachella this year (a girl can dream):

According to greenplastic.com:

We're going to have to keep this short and sweet for now: Radiohead should be touring the US sooner than you probably think. 'Nuff said!

Stay tuned.

:pulse

AEversW
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
looks like they will be at Lolla this year...damn i need to find a way to get to Chicago!

AEversW
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
seems to me they are done recording the album with all this tour talk and their European festivals. Hopefully it will be out in August.

bartelby
03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
this is the best birthday present a guy could ask for! wooohooo...

i wonder how greenplastic knows though? its not on deadairspace or atease....

thinnerair
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
alot of rumors are pointing towards Radiohead as a headliner for Lolla this year.
They are also saying the Pumpkins will be @ Lolla this year, making that lineup a bit insane as far as headliners.
Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins ? Holy stuck in the 90s, Batman.

bartelby
03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
kinda like coachella? lol...

on a serious note Lolla could be amazing this year though if they had SP, Radiohead and Daft as mentioned on a different thread...

amyzzz
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Radiohead and Daft Punk would be compelling reasons to go to Lollapalooza, but I don't really think I can afford that.

caco0283
03-07-2007, 11:06 AM
when is it??

TomAz
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Aug 3-5

ghettojournalist
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
in addition to saving up for coachella merch, i have already started a lolla fund. tickets first, then plane and hotel later. radiohead headlining would take the cake.

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Woohoo! The one festival I don't have to travel for. A friend of mine was backstage for Lolla last year (he works with a radio station) and told me that he saw management (with a British accent) being shown around as if looking at real estate. He later found out it was Radiohead's people. I didn't take his statement too seriously until today when I saw this. Also, Radiohead have always said their favorite venue was playing in Grant Park here in 2001....they were denied playing Millenium Park last tour, maybe this is their chance. I just hope the rest of the lineup doesn't suck as much as it usually does....Radiohead deserves to be in the best company.

bartelby
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
this RULES....saving begins today in anticipation!

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
i just hope it's not the proper US tour. because I'll be in europe all summer.

oh well. the two shows I caught them at on the last stint couldn't be matched anyhow.

TomAz
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm trying to figure out how a one-sentence rumor about a US tour (no specifics) on a fansite turned into "Radiohead is playing Lollapalooza".

TomAz
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Everyone knows The Police are headling Lollapalooza this year.

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Haha, well we're not just basing this on the green plastic news....there have been other rumors mentioning them and Lollapalooza in the same sentence. This just adds to it.

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
i can't see them playing lolla. too corporate. I think this will be a mini tour prior to album release. a kind of warm up for new material. then a full tour (starting with europe) will kick off later after the album is released (rumor is august/fall).

bartelby
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
the corporate statement is valid but they did play the V fest in england last year - ya can't get much more corp. than that...

it doesn't really matter though, seeing them on their own is just as good as at a fest...them paired with Daft would be wicked though

sddoctor
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
the corporate statement is valid but they did play the V fest in england last year - ya can't get much more corp. than that...

it doesn't really matter though, seeing them on their own is just as good as at a fest...them paired with Daft would be wicked though

last summer, werent both radiohead and daft at pukkelpop...it would be great if they were to be at lolla this year.

bartelby
03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
oh ya - you're right...forgot about pukkelpop

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
i can't see them playing lolla. too corporate. I think this will be a mini tour prior to album release. a kind of warm up for new material. then a full tour (starting with europe) will kick off later after the album is released (rumor is august/fall).

They already did that with their warm up, guinea pig audience tour last summer, remember?

This will be the real thing.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
You beat me to the news Gina, now I need to save MORE money for shows.. FGEIDG#GRKFHTDSH

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
They already did that with their warm up, guinea pig audience tour last summer, remember?

This will be the real thing.

i'm not sure about that. they only tested out about a third of the songs that were a part of these sessions. I have a feeling there will be a short festival run this summer. then a fall full tour.

AEversW
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm not sure about that. they only tested out about a third of the songs that were a part of these sessions. I have a feeling there will be a short festival run this summer. then a fall full tour.

that sounds about right to me...Lolla and some european festivals before the album is released and then start a tour in the fall and then they headline Coachella in 08

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
regardless. we'll find out in the next couple weeks. everyone remember that WASTE sells tickets normally DAYS after they announce the shows.

i'll never forget getting home from my 26 hour drive back from coachella to find that tickets had JUST gone on sale on waste at 3AM for the two berkeley shows.... and nabbing tickets to both days.... just perfect.

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
that sounds about right to me...Lolla and some european festivals before the album is released and then start a tour in the fall and then they headline Coachella in 08

Radiohead never tours in the fall (in North America). Not since the Ok Computer days, all of the full-scale (and small scale) shows have been late Spring through very. very early Fall since 2000.

FakePlasticMe
03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
regardless. we'll find out in the next couple weeks. everyone remember that WASTE sells tickets normally DAYS after they announce the shows.

i'll never forget getting home from my 26 hour drive back from coachella to find that tickets had JUST gone on sale on waste at 3AM for the two berkeley shows.... and nabbing tickets to both days.... just perfect.

Oh I know! It was my one saving grace from not going to Coachella last year (which nearly killed me). I was certainly happy I was home throughout the ticket fiasco. I even ended up meeting Thom at the show, so it was fate!

AEversW
03-07-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah i was so mad last year that i couldnt get tickets during the waste presale...i ended up payibng 300 dollars for two seats in the last row at the Greek in LA...well worth it though to hear Follow Me Around

amyzzz
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I need to sign up for WASTE or something. For some reason, I get the yearly WASTE email about the new Radiohead calendar, but I don't get any emails about Radiohead concert tickets or whatever. Lame.

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
also, radiohead shows are always easy to pick up extra tickets at. always. I've done it several times. Radiohead fans tend to be nice and you can normally get tickets at face value if you show up early to converse with the die hards.

Amyzzz, they rarely send out emails. normally they send out a tour notification email, but more often than not, they don't say exactly when tickets go on sale.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Radiohead never tours in the fall (in North America). Not since the Ok Computer days, all of the full-scale (and small scale) shows have been late Spring through very. very early Fall since 2000.

Gina, I say we count the U.S. dates for the Hail To The Thief Tour as "Fall". So mid September to Mid October does not count as fall? Please.....

Sep 22 San Francisco, CA USA Sony Metreon Live 105 radio session
Sep 23 Mountain View, CA USA Shoreline Amphitheatre
Sep 25 Los Angeles, CA USA Hollywood Bowl
Sep 26 Los Angeles, CA USA Hollywood Bowl
Sep 28 Chula Vista, CA USA Coors Amphitheatre
Sep 29 Hollywood, CA USA Capitol Records Thom and Jonny played an acoustic set.
Oct 01 Woodlands, TX USA Mitchell Pavillion
Oct 02 New Orleans, LA USA UNO Lakefront Arena
Oct 04 West Palm Beach, FL USA Sound Advice Amphitheatre
Oct 06 Atlanta, GA USA Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre
Oct 09 New York, NY USA Madison Square Garden
Oct 10 New York, NY USA Madison Square Garden
Oct 14 Brooklyn, NY USA Brooklyn Academy of Music Opera House
Oct 15 Toronto, ON Canada Skydome Concert Hall Rescheduled from August 16 cancellation.
Oct 17 New York, New York USA Ed Sullivan Theater Late Show with David Letterman

schoolofruckus
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
How many of those shows did you scalp tickets to?

amyzzz
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Uhh, yeah. I went to this one in 2003:

Sep 28 Chula Vista, CA USA Coors Amphitheatre

suprefan
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
How many of those shows did you scalp tickets to?

Ummm none..... You are getting on my case and freaking Dealta3287idiot is raping people for $200 a pop on camping tickets? Dude go after him the joke is getting old...

schoolofruckus
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
No, it got old, I let it go, and now I brought it back again. DeltaSigChi is a parasite and a talentless hobo too, but I'm not talking to him right now. You brought this on yourself.

Now tell me how you're going to fight me again. That's the real reason why I'm doing this.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Well maybe I should put how I will beat you into a pulp in the violence/fight thread.

amyzzz
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Ummm none..... You are getting on my case and freaking Dealta3287idiot is raping people for $200 a pop on camping tickets? Dude go after him the joke is getting old...
I like you, supre, but I thought it was a little tasteless to post about someone else's scalping to deflect attention off your own scalping. Amends could be made in better ways.

schoolofruckus
03-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I like you, supre, but I thought it was a little tasteless to post about someone else's scalping to deflect attention off your own scalping. Amends could be made in better ways.

I agree with this. Telling me you're going to fight me is a much more effective way.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Thanks Amy, yeah and you know what I made amends to the people affected and do you see me doing anything wrong right now? Am I stealing $$ from the festival I love so much like other people so blatantly are?

I FUCKING APOLOGIZED AND THIS IS WHAT I GET......

Can I get confirmation that I did do this from Tessa and Dani? Thanks...

schoolofruckus
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Your apology comes off as hollow when you've got such a quick temper about the subject. If you were truly sorry, you would shut the fuck up and take the ribbing with some humility, rather than picking fights with someone even though you can't fathom the gorilla beatdown they would give you.

suprefan
03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
You never read what I even said to those affected so stop. Yeah I get pissy now cause it should be a dead subject but I guess you would have to die before that happens right? I guess a new paint job is in order after I ran you over with my car...

ThomThom
03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Come on, this is the last fucking thread about a band's possible state side venture that I want to turn into some bitch fight about who scalps tickets, back to the subject please...They better come to the Bowl again!

schoolofruckus
03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Easy there, ThomThom. Crybaby bitch fights stop for no band, not even Radiohead. These shows last summer were the last ones that Suprefan should have scalped two dozen tickets to, and that didn't stop him.

Suprefan, trust me. You would need an entire NASCAR fleet to do any damage here. But keep talking. You're starting to make me fear you, slowly but surely.

wmgaretjax
03-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Don't provoke him gabe(that's your name right school?)... he's dangerous.

FakePlasticMe
03-08-2007, 12:21 AM
What on earth is going on here? Stop fighting kids, or I'll turn this board right around....

No, seriously, I missed the gossip or something. What are you talking about?

ThomThom
03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Easy there, ThomThom. Crybaby bitch fights stop for no band, not even Radiohead.

Go fight on one of those ICP or Daft Punk threads...no need for it on a Radiohead one, we are all just trying to get some information on the state side dates of our favorite band, the same scalping shit was done to Delta and that was just a stupid mess, if people scalp then they scalp there is really no way of stopping them and no need to put them on blast, as somebody said before it allows losers to prolong getting a real job, if they want to live that way so be it...as long as I know that I or anybody I know don't do it, than I am fine with it.

TomAz
03-08-2007, 09:05 AM
DeltaSigChi is a parasite and a talentless hobo ...

He's also a dick.

Boourns
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Who cares...the truly horrible thing is that he wants Fall Out Boy to play Coachella.

bartelby
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
yech

TomAz
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
He's already got Jack's Mannequin, isn't that enough?

kroqken
04-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Is there any more news about Radiohead touring this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

crazzz2007
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
i just hope it's not the proper US tour. because I'll be in europe all summer.

oh well. the two shows I caught them at on the last stint couldn't be matched anyhow.

the last mini-tour was great.....but they have been much better on prior tours

suprefan
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
the last mini-tour was great.....but they have been much better on prior tours

Name what show from the U.S. tour before that, that was BETTER than Berkeley June 24th 2006. NAME IT, I DARE YOU.

bballarl
04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Was that Friday or Saturday?

wmgaretjax
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Name what show from the U.S. tour before that, that was BETTER than Berkeley June 24th 2006. NAME IT, I DARE YOU.

the man is right. best radiohead show I've been to (out of 6 on 3 tours).

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I saw Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl and the Santa Barbara Bowl in 2001. I bet both those shows were better.

suprefan
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Was that Friday or Saturday?

Saturday, when Thom did True Love Waits and into Everything in Its Right Place.

I saw Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl and the Santa Barbara Bowl in 2001. I bet both those shows were better.

I was at the Hollywood Bowl show, which Santa Barbara Bowl show did you attend? Cause I mean Talk Show Host AND After The Gold Rush having been performed made me always get mad I didnt go. I think the encore section of the Bowl show was probably the best out of the 11 times I have seen them, I mean Pearly* AND TLW, just blew me away. Also the Beta Band and Kid Koala were amazing openers.

Agent Orange
04-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I've been waiting for this tour ever since videotape was leaked this year! I'm ready and waiting!!!!!!

My first Radiohead concert was in 01 at the Hollywood Bowl! It was the best exprience!

kroqken
04-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Radiohead does not seem to be in a big hurry to get a record contract, according to interviews I have read.

ghettojournalist
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
i thought they were self-releasing.

dorkfish
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I was at the Hollywood Bowl show, which Santa Barbara Bowl show did you attend? Cause I mean Talk Show Host AND After The Gold Rush having been performed made me always get mad I didnt go. I think the encore section of the Bowl show was probably the best out of the 11 times I have seen them, I mean Pearly* AND TLW, just blew me away. Also the Beta Band and Kid Koala were amazing openers.
The Santa Barbara shows were great. I geeked out when Thom played a minute or so of Follow Me Around.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
The Santa Barbara shows were great. I geeked out when Thom played a minute or so of Follow Me Around.

You're right I forgot about that too, lucky.

Radiohead does not seem to be in a big hurry to get a record contract, according to interviews I have read.

Yeah no rush if they did sign. They have a publishing deal which is obviously very important

i thought they were self-releasing.

We dont know yet, but it seems like the most logical route for them.

crazzz2007
04-19-2007, 01:28 AM

santa barbara bowl 2001....hollywood bowl 2001 was almost as good.

coachella 2004 was amazing considering that it was a festival setting and thom's voice was completely fucked. he gave it his all and that's all you could ask