PDA

View Full Version : How the hell did it sell out so fast?

rokky
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Not the stellar lineup of past years. The mind boggles

Radiohead
01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
The hype surrounding this festival has become epic. My 15-year-old cousin was all impressed that I'm going to Coachella, and she lives in Minnesota and listens to Lady Gaga. I would guess that aside from Kanye, and maybe the Strokes or Kings of Leon, she isn't familiar with any of the acts on the lineup, but her and her friends just know it's "cool" to go to Coachella. This festival will sell out at least this quickly every year from now on, regardless of the lineup.

nathanfairchild
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM

if you look past the first line you'd see that the lineup really is stellar

stepup2stepout
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
if you look past the first line you'd see that the lineup really is stellar

Thank you. All this bashing over the lineup is stupid, some HUGE acts that I never expected to see any time soon (DFA1979 instantly comes to mind).

wewantmuse
01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
I have a ton of acts to check out on Friday/Saturday but my Sunday is abysmal. I have like ~15 acts that I'm moderately interested in and 5 that I actually care to see. At first glance, I thought the line-up was weak, but it's definitely grown on me. Still not as good as last years, but it definitely warrants the cost.

Why did it sell out? People who missed tickets last year made sure to get tickets early this year. Layaway was used as a presale rather than for people who needed extra time to secure finances. It's becoming hugely popular. Word of mouth. etc etc etc

musegirl
01-26-2011, 10:30 PM

I'm guessing it has to do with the festival getting more attention. This is the first time I'm going. I have heard how amazing it is and I decided to see for myself although I'm not familiar with most of the lineup. (Just for the record I'm not a Kanye or KOL fan. :))

CrimesceneCookie
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Prepare to be spoiled for all other festivals.

wstsidela
01-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm guessing it has to do with the festival getting more attention. This is the first time I'm going. I have heard how amazing it is and I decided to see for myself although I'm not familiar with most of the lineup. (Just for the record I'm not a Kanye or KOL fan. :))

Welcome to paradise. It really is magical.

The Coach
01-27-2011, 07:47 AM
I have a ton of acts to check out on Friday/Saturday but my Sunday is abysmal. I have like ~15 acts that I'm moderately interested in and 5 that I actually care to see. At first glance, I thought the line-up was weak, but it's definitely grown on me. Still not as good as last years, but it definitely warrants the cost.

Why did it sell out? People who missed tickets last year made sure to get tickets early this year. Layaway was used as a presale rather than for people who needed extra time to secure finances. It's becoming hugely popular. Word of mouth. etc etc etc

THIS