PDA

View Full Version : RHCP - One Hot Minute

msklvr
03-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Why does it seem like this album is the bastard red headed step child? I think that Dave Navarro's guitar playing is awesome and I know John can pull off the songs. They should bust some of this album live @ Coachella. Hell, why not have Dave join them onstage and play a couple tunes? Since the RHCP seem to be a tad over saturated, this would definately make their set a little more interesting.

Now go ahead and bash me and post how John is a GOD and how Dave sucks and that OHM SUCKS!

65XXT79jD2M

Tylerdurden31
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I always thought One Hot Minute was pretty interesting. It was a step in a different direction because of Dave. I think a lot more fun and less serious.

jcconnors
03-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I agree, this album will forever be forgotten and at the same time it is a lost gem.

ediger
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Dave Navarro is one of my favourite guitarists, but alas, I don't think we will be seeing him with the Chilis or hearing any One Hot Minute songs. I would like it if they played more older stuff this show as opposed to like 3 songs (a la Stadium Arcadium tour).

roberto73
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I think there's some good stuff on it, but the songs just don't seem as strong to me. Whenever I'm putting together a RHCP comp for friends, One Hot Minute is always represented less than their other discs. I don't dislike it, but the standout tracks don't seem as numerous.

omg wtf bbq
03-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Man, what have the setlists been looking like?
I am not looking forward to hearing more than 6 songs off stadium arcadium, cause, well, i hate that album...

msklvr
03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
http://theside.free.fr/tour/tourHistory.php3

Follow this link and alot of old RHCP setlists are posted.

omg wtf bbq
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
thank you, kind sir

omg wtf bbq
03-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Man, i dont even really want to see them... i just want to hear Soul To Squeeze and Under the Bridge. I know they wont play any off One Hot Minute, and that sucks, but whatever.

ghettojournalist
03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
interesting. seems like i won't be seeing them at coachella.

msklvr
03-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I have been buying RHCP albums since the early 80's and have never seen them live. So I will be there, but they better hope there are not any big conflicts for me or else, POOF!

shotglass75
03-07-2007, 09:31 AM
It's funny but with everything that RHCP went through as a band, I think for some reason they think of their time with Dave as a dark time that they would like to forget. I remember reading somewhere that they said they would never play anything off of "One Hot Minute" again. As far as I can tell they haven't since John rejoined the band. It's a shame because there were a few good songs off of that album such as what is above

omg wtf bbq
03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
It's funny but with everything that RHCP went through as a band, I think for some reason they think of their time with Dave as a dark time that they would like to forget. I remember reading somewhere that they said they would never play anything off of "One Hot Minute" again. As far as I can tell they haven't since John rejoined the band. It's a shame because there were a few good songs off of that album such as what is above

but why?
dave is awesome

rage patton
03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I saw RHCP back in September. And they played a number of songs of Stadium Arcadium... but actually not as many as I expected. They are also played some from Blood Sugar Sex Magik, which I was extremely happy about. They actually played a good mix from all thier albums after Blood Sugar Sex Magik... I was hoping to hear some earlier stuff though. Maybe at this show, they will play a ton of older stuff!!! ... I can dream. Meh. I still like Stadium Arcadium and the rest of the Chili albums. So I will be there!

ediger
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
but why?
dave is awesome

If I'm not mistaken, Kedis got back into the smack during that tour.

shotglass75
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Kedis got back into the smack during that tour.

That, and that is when John was kicked out/ left the band and was basically lifeless on the smack too. I could see how it would be a time a person would like to forget.

ToddThaGod
03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
i hope they play soul to squeeze..thats the best song rhcp ever made

msklvr
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, I'm just sayin' that I'd like to hear Walkabout, Aeroplane, My Friends, Coffee Shop, and Warped from that album live. I'm sorry that some/all members had a bad time of it touring the world on heroin, but they should be dusted off and played at Coachella just for me, since I am very cool.

...and then the Police will play...

brycerosen
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
i agree to an extent, one hot minute had some great tracks and I h8 how everyone disses it, i mean walkabout is one of my favorite chili songs. But dave navaro just is not the guitar prodigy that john frusciante is the chili peppers were much better of without him

toggle
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
...actually, I read an interview with Anthony and he said he thought that One Hot Minute was a really good album and he stands by it. he said he occasionally sees dave around town and they're on good terms.

...I caught the RHCP's in New Zealand for the Big Day Out in 2000 and Flea played "Little Flea" solo by himself. pretty awesome.

anyhow, I thought the Chili's played a great set at Coachella in 2003. most notable were flea and frusciante who seemed to start each song with long dueling instrumental intros.

oicuhave12
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
dave has nothing better to do these days.

have you heard the "panic channel" bag of shit hes playing with?

he might as well join RHCP

Boourns
03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
One Hot Minute > Stadium Arcadium

I don't recognize half these songs on recent setlists.

Natelevmofuggaz
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Anthony sucks ass at singing and dancing (and he acuses Patton of stealing his moves/style). Flea and Dave are badass though.

NeverMyopic
03-08-2007, 05:50 PM
http://theside.free.fr/tour/tourHistory.php3

Follow this link and alot of old RHCP setlists are posted.

Wow, are they ever going to play anything of off Mother's Milk again (and more than 1 song) - it's my favorite album, and definitely a classic. In 2003, I don't remember them playing any songs older than BSSM - the set was alright but not great.

That's OK though, I am hoping there is going to be a killer act closing out the Sahara.

dontfeedthebird
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
One Hot Minute and BSSM are the only two albums I like. RHCP just isn't for me.

KiwiCoachella
03-08-2007, 07:35 PM
interesting. seems like i won't be seeing them at coachella.

those recent setlists were for their tour promoting stadium arcadium so of course the songs they played were going to predominantly be off that album.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a more even spread of songs when they perform at coachella.

shwagnut420
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Wow, are they ever going to play anything of off Mother's Milk again (and more than 1 song) - it's my favorite album, and definitely a classic. In 2003, I don't remember them playing any songs older than BSSM - the set was alright but not great.

That's OK though, I am hoping there is going to be a killer act closing out the Sahara.

When i saw them on Halloween last year they busted out Higher Ground! It was bad ass!! Yeah i agree witht he other guy i'd like to hear walkabout too! You can keep most of stadium arcadium though.

msklvr
03-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Here is the setlist from RHCP's show March 12th in OK City. I took the liberty of adding what album each song comes from after. They are playing Japan tonight. I'm going to check back and look at more of their upcoming setlists when they are posted to see if Coachella might have some "old school" RHCP gems dusted off. Right now, as is stands, only one song off Mother's Milk. No Freaky Styley, Abbey Road, OHM, etc. Three off BSSM and two off BTW.

01. Intro Jam
02. Can't Stop (BTW)
03. Dani California (SA)
04. Scar Tissue (C)
05. Charlie (SA)
06. Havana Affair (Ramones Cover)
07. Tell Me Baby (SA)
08. Parallel Universe (C)
09. Blood Sugar Sex Magik (BSSM)
10. John Solo
11. Snow ((Hey Oh)) (SA)
12. Nobody Weird Like Me (MM)
13. Wet Sand (SA)
14. Right On Time (C)
15. C'mon Girl (SA)
16. Californication (C)
17. By The Way (BTW)

ENCORE
18. Flea On Trumpet
19. I Could Have Lied (BSSM)
20. Give It Away (BSSM)
21. Final Jam

ThunderInTheSky
03-19-2007, 09:32 AM
01. Intro Jam
02. Can't Stop
03. Dani California
04. Otherside
05. Charlie
06. Readymade
07. Parallel Universe
08. Tell Me Baby
09. If You Have To Ask
10. I Feel Love (John)
11. Snow ((Hey Oh))
12. Me And My Friends
13. Don't Forget Me
14. Get On Top
15. Hey
16. Californication
17. By The Way

ENCORE
18. Flea on Trumpet
19. I Could Have Lied
20. Give It Away
21. Final Jam

If they play the same set list I saw them play in Houston I will be severly dissapointed. I want to hear some stuff off Mothers Milk, The Uplift Mofo Party Plan and other early stuff but with Slovak dead I know that wont happen, I will settle for Under the Bridge though.

jerpar24
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
but why?
dave is awesome

Because Dave would rather go to the gym then make music.

jerpar24
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
...actually, I read an interview with Anthony and he said he thought that One Hot Minute was a really good album and he stands by it. he said he occasionally sees dave around town and they're on good terms.

...I caught the RHCP's in New Zealand for the Big Day Out in 2000 and Flea played "Little Flea" solo by himself. pretty awesome.

anyhow, I thought the Chili's played a great set at Coachella in 2003. most notable were flea and frusciante who seemed to start each song with long dueling instrumental intros.

Ya The whole band is still on good terms with Dave but they just couldn't work with him. Read Anthony's book and you can pretty much fig why they don't play songs from that time.

Flea has also said he likes OHM but to him it was a diff band. It wasn't the Chili Peppers in his eyes.