PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned!

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
To everyone who is bitching about GV forcing you to buy tickets. STFU

This year they announced the dates way back in August which gave you enough time to secure a place to stay.

They gave you the option of buying tickets since December. If you didn't move on this quickly it's your own damn fault.

Now I understand some of us have bills to pay or no job and I sympathize. Seriously though if your 21 + you should at least have $150 saved by the time Coachella lay away went on sale. If you didn't your lame and should really learn to save money.

I've been going since 2004 and I never wait for the line up to be released. I have such a fucking awesome time every year that I don't care who headlines I save my money and buy my tickets and get my place asap.

That is all.

rose925
01-26-2011, 10:18 AM
well laaaa dee fukin da!

lol

IggyMeows
01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I had the money to do layaway at the time it was up, but preferred to pay in full once it did go on sale. Good thing we managed to snag a car camping spot and our passes though. Point being, I'm for sure not passing up on layaway next year because I believe a big bulk of those camping spots came from there.

nationocean
01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Book a hotel in October.

and if you did layaway weeks ago for 50/50, you would have already would be done with everything.

do that year after year and you'll never have a problem...

rose925
01-26-2011, 11:03 AM
cant wait to get in those gates thursday @ 11am!!
fuk ya

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
For sure. From May to December just try to save up like $40-$50 bucks a month and you'll roughly have about $400 at the end of the year. That's enough to put down on a rental and lay away. Then in the following months your friends can throw down on the rest of the rental and you just have to save another $50 a month. It can be done people!

rose925
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
money management 101 right here!

syrinx32123
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
money management 101 right here!

yup. I worked extra shifts all summer to save up

rose925
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
im atrust fund baby
lol
just kidding i work my ass off to go to outside lands, coachella and other concerts

ky-many marley in san francisco feb 2011!!

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
yup. I worked extra shifts all summer to save up

Now here is someone who thought ahead of time. Good job champ!

Recently moved to San Francisco. Knowing that I now have to buy a plane ticket as well I started saving money for this ages ago.

aphrael
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Recently moved to San Francisco. Knowing that I now have to buy a plane ticket as well I started saving money for this ages ago.

The drive really isn't that bad. It takes about ten hours. :)

KickerConspiracy
01-26-2011, 11:49 AM
The drive really isn't that bad. It takes about ten hours. :)

How fast are you driving?? I've driven two of the last three years from SJ and its taken 6 hours - so figure 7 from SF.

rose925
01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
im taking off from the bay also
i will be in line @ 11am on thursday to get set up
we should try to hook up/hang out

rose916@gmail.com
facebook

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 11:54 AM
How fast are you driving?? I've driven two of the last three years from SJ and its taken 6 hours - so figure 7 from SF.

Yea mos def lol. It only takes about 6-7 hours. I prefer to fly. A plane ticket will cost me $120 roundtrip to LAX and filling a gas tank would be about the same. Only difference is I get to LA in an hour.

aphrael
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM

I've never had it take fewer than 9-9.5. Usually this involves leaving around 3 in the afternoon, arriving around 1am.

I'll be trying this year out at 5.30am, so we'll see if that's better.

aphrael
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Yea mos def lol. It only takes about 6-7 hours. I prefer to fly. A plane ticket will cost me $120 roundtrip to LAX and filling a gas tank would be about the same. Only difference is I get to LA in an hour.

Also, 6 hrs from SJ to *Indio*? I go to LA a couple times a year, and that drive *by itself* usually takes 5 hrs.

Bumblebee
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I've been going since 2004 and I never wait for the line up to be released. I have such a fucking awesome time every year that I don't care who headlines I save my money and buy my tickets and get my place asap.

What did you think when you saw the lineup?

I bought all my stuff on layaway before Xmas and felt gutted seeing the lineup. Glastonbury has a return policy. I would still be in the hole if I didn't go and scalped what I had.

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
What did you think when you saw the lineup?

I bought all my stuff on layaway before Xmas and felt gutted seeing the lineup. Glastonbury has a return policy. I would still be in the hole if I didn't go and scalped what I had.

Well I wasn't too impressed especially with the headliners, but there is a great undercard.

To me Coachella has always been about the overall experience. hanging out with friends, beer pong, etc etc.... It's become tradition for me and a group of friends to meet every year in the desert to just have a blast. So to me the money is well spent regardless of the line up.

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Well I should clarify. I do think the line up is amazing but compared to years past I'm not too impressed.