01-26-2011, 04:44 AM
edited: [link to Coachella Frenzy scam eBay listing]

anti-square
01-26-2011, 05:31 AM
**LIMITED EDITION ONLY 25000 WILL BE SOLD**

Ahaha!

DJ Sin
01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
this is ridiculous that someone would fall for this.

GV has http://www.globalinheritance.org/about-us/ to run sponsored contests. If you don't see it officially on the coachella.com website then it's a scam.

ED GEIN
01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
trademark infringement?

_John
01-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow, what a scam...If these people only used their abilities to innovate for good...

nbvcide
01-29-2011, 01:22 PM
trademark infringement?

doubt GV holds a trademark on the name of the city of Coachella...and nothing in that post suggests anything about the festival, other than they'll be looking for the keychains there (although how does one WEAR a keychain?)

phase88
01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
i really think this is not a scam these people are stepping up to help local cities to give back.. and in my years i have never i my life seen anyone trying to do what they are doing ... people that hate there ideal are just mad because it wasn't there ideal !! to any one that has a heart will learn that this coachella frenzy is here and will be here for many years to come .. and for all you non believers try to put this organization down . i don't see you all trying to make a difference because your to caught up in your own life to give damn about making a difference for others..that's whats wrong with this world to many non believers... i will bye one and my friends will support there cause too .. if you are about" spite "your life must be hell..let's see someone step up yea right.. hate is in this world and here to stay make a difference and you get hate.. so don't hate!!!! "participate "!!!!and another thing these multi billion dollar promoter only gives 2 or 3 bucks a head to the city . out of 300 to 1000 a ticket who"s scamming who .. have a great day ..

phase88
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi, long time lurker but had to chime in on this:

Has anyone seen this Coachella Keychain Frenzy scam on eBay? For $25 you get a metal Coachella-stamped bottle opener keychain to wear while the seller's organization allegedly has spotters looking for people wearing them to give out cash prizes, although no accountability of that fact is promised. Pretty clearly someone scamming eager festival-goers. A friend emailed them and got some laughable response, which I see they've also copied verbatim for another question posted on the eBay listing. The previous auction, now closed, sold 19, and this auction's sold one. Looks like they made out with $500.

Probably a good number of scams going around to bilk the overzealous reveler. Anything else to watch out for?

what a hater ...

phase88
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
there are people that try to put people down WHO try to make a difference ..F Y I -A CITY NAME AND A DATE IS NOT INFRINGEMENT YOU CAN'T PATTEN A NAME OF A CITY AND A DATE YOUR TO RETARDED TO KNOW THAT..ANYWAYS HAVE A GREAT DAY

ivankay
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
This is not in any way an officially sanctioned contest through Goldenvoice.

phase. What percentage of the money and to what specific places will the $$$ be going to?

LickTheLizzard
01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
i really think this is not a scam these people are stepping up to help local cities to give back.. and in my years i have never i my life seen anyone trying to do what they are doing ... people that hate there ideal are just mad because it wasn't there ideal !! to any one that has a heart will learn that this coachella frenzy is here and will be here for many years to come .. and for all you non believers try to put this organization down . i don't see you all trying to make a difference because your to caught up in your own life to give damn about making a difference for others..that's whats wrong with this world to many non believers... i will bye one and my friends will support there cause too .. if you are about" spite "your life must be hell..let's see someone step up yea right.. hate is in this world and here to stay make a difference and you get hate.. so don't hate!!!! "participate "!!!!and another thing these multi billion dollar promoter only gives 2 or 3 bucks a head to the city . out of 300 to 1000 a ticket who"s scamming who .. have a great day ..

This dude totally works for Coachella Frenzy, amirite?

phase88
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
(F Y I ) DID YOU KNOW EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER ON THE COACHELLA FRENZY THEY CAN SEEK LEGAL ACTION AGAINST EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND PROSECUTE EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER AGAINST THEM .. SO THINK TWICE ABOUT IT!!!!AND IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WOULD HATE THEM FOR TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE..

AndLeoObre
01-29-2011, 03:58 PM
... i will bye one and my friends will support there cause too ..

This dude totally works for Coachella Frenzy, amirite?

I'm surprised that he works at all.

phase88
01-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi, long time lurker

Probably a good number of scams going around to bilk the overzealous reveler. Anything else to watch out for?

what a hater cause it wasn't your ideal ....lmao yea lets hate everyone trying to make a difference...

LickTheLizzard
01-29-2011, 04:09 PM
(F Y I ) DID YOU KNOW EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER ON THE COACHELLA FRENZY THEY CAN SEEK LEGAL ACTION AGAINST EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND PROSECUTE EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER AGAINST THEM .. SO THINK TWICE ABOUT IT!!!!AND IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WOULD HATE THEM FOR TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE..

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/2728323/backtrace-has-been-initiated-consequences-will-never-be-the-same.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=backtracedmwahaha

nbvcide
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
(F Y I ) DID YOU KNOW EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER ON THE COACHELLA FRENZY THEY CAN SEEK LEGAL ACTION AGAINST EVERY INDIVIDUAL AND PROSECUTE EVERYONE THAT POSTS SLANDER AGAINST THEM .. SO THINK TWICE ABOUT IT!!!!AND IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WOULD HATE THEM FOR TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.. its libel, not slander, and dont give money to people who cant spell "buy" or "idea"..

nbvcide
01-29-2011, 04:36 PM
...is this the 'WHAT IF SOMEONE MAKES A CRIME' guy?

heyeric
01-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Phase, you've been on these boards since 2009 and you decide to waste your first 5 posts on this thread with no valid argument? Hmmm, are you the one running this Ponzi Scheme?

JustSteve
01-29-2011, 06:22 PM
and another thing these multi billion dollar promoter only gives 2 or 3 bucks a head to the city . out of 300 to 1000 a ticket who"s scamming who

and what about the millions they give to the police department/city to be able to put the festival on?

JustSteve
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
sent this to my friend who runs the fest, guess we'll see what happens :)

TheScenestar
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
and what about the millions they give to the police department/city to be able to put the festival on?

He won't understand unless you misspell some of the words.

Radiohead
01-29-2011, 06:36 PM
doubt GV holds a trademark on the name of the city of Coachella...and nothing in that post suggests anything about the festival, other than they'll be looking for the keychains there (although how does one WEAR a keychain?)

I guarantee they have a trademark on the name as far as using it to promote a festival or conert. Obviously they can't just trademark the name of the region for general purposes.

EDIT: I just looked at the eBay posting, and it looks like they're actually using the Coachella logo, like with the font. If that's true then they are totally infringing a trademark.

TheScenestar
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM

So they have a positive feedback of 2. Coachella Frenzy sure likes buying pretty things!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170467695877#ht_4581wt_907

http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/itsurprise/IMG_1188-1.jpg=450

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110621667649

http://i6.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/02/1f/b2ed_1_b.JPG

Radiohead
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

How are people slandering Coachella Frenzy?

guedita
01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
PROSECUTE THE IDEAL.

TheScenestar
01-29-2011, 06:45 PM
How are people slandering Coachella Frenzy?

You can ask them yourself. Their cell phone number is just a click away on their "official" Facebook for Coachella Frenzy. 1200 "friends" strong: https://www.facebook.com/coachella.frenzy

Contact Information
Phone
1 559.269.3212(Mobile)
1 559.412.1538(Other)
Address
OH YOU KNOW !!
Coachella, CA
Website
[/url]...
Email
coachellafrenzy@yahoo.com
Facebook facebook.com/coachella.frenzy

Lolz on posting this info to the public on the internetz. I'm guessing grammar and spelling wasn't available as part of English department when they took classes at USC. =(

Radiohead
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
You can ask them yourself. Their cell phone number is just a click away on their "official" Facebook for Coachella Frenzy. =(

Thanks, but I'd prefer to avoid actual contact with this person.

Sonybonez
01-29-2011, 07:19 PM
its libel, not slander, and dont give money to people who cant spell "buy" or "idea"..

My first thought was this. ^

Second Thought? That he's the one running the scam.

wstsidela
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM

Take your dummy logic and shove it up your ass. I have much spite for people who scam my Coachella friends.

BTW it's illegal to run a lottery in California without a Class 2 license. How much you wanna bet this dummy is breaking the law. I work in the biz so it's very easy to check.

Harrisment
01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
what a hater cause it wasn't your ideal ....lmao yea lets hate everyone trying to make a difference...

You do realize that idea and ideal are not the same word right? Actually no, you apparently don't.

thewoodenman
01-29-2011, 08:37 PM
sorry your scheme is stupid and everyone thinks you're a total deuce, phase.

shoegazer76
01-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Karma motherfucker.... it pays in full.

weeklymix
01-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Just to save you guys from reading what I did, I went ahead and translated.

I am not so sure this is a scam. These people are doing great things to help so many communities. In all my years I've never seen anyone perform such tasks. People that do not agree with their ideas are doing so on principle because they were not as clever as those in question. Those of you who wish to denounce this organization should all note that the "Coachella Frenzy" is indeed here to stay. I believe the majority of you are too selfish to even bother looking into the validity of the organization in question. I will purchase through them as will my friends because we care about the cause. Do not denounce the truth in these peoples' hearts, rather pounce on the opportunity at hand. I believe the city makes less money on the ticket value from the promoters than it would from this fantastic organization. Who is tricking who now? Please have a nice day.

what a hater ...

What a person of unfavorable attitude.

there are people that try to put people down WHO try to make a difference ..F Y I -A CITY NAME AND A DATE IS NOT INFRINGEMENT YOU CAN'T PATTEN A NAME OF A CITY AND A DATE YOUR TO RETARDED TO KNOW THAT..ANYWAYS HAVE A GREAT DAY

There are people being put down who are just trying to make a difference. For your information, a city name and a given date is not infringement. You can't patent a name of a city and a date. You're too ignorant to know that. Anyway, have a great day.

thewoodenman
01-29-2011, 09:56 PM
he also doesn't understand basic spelling and compound words..

Loves to Spooge
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
This was the sellers response to one of the buyers questions:

Q: Hey I ordered on the other listing that was closed, want to make sure I'll still be getting my dog tag and if this is actually legit with the prizes and stuff because i got two of my friends to get one and im still telling people so i hope this isnt a scam Jan-24-11

A: THIS FRENZY HAS BEEN TO THIS FEST FOR MANY YEARs.AND THIS IS THE FIRST ANNUAL COACHELLA FRENZY AND WE ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGHOUT THE GLOBE.WE HAVE GREAT PLANS FOR THE FRENZY FUTURE IF WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE ARE GOAL IS TO HELP AS MANY CITIES IN THE FUTURE THAT WE CAN PICTURES AND POSTS TO FOLLOW.WE WILL BE MAKING OUR WAY THROUGH CALIFORNIA SOON TO MEET MANY NEW FRIENDZ THAT WANT TO HELP MAKE THAT DIFFERENCE. PICTURES AND POSTS TO FOLLOW. AND ALSO OUR TEAM PAYS FOR THERE OWN TICKET JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE WOULD ..AND THANK YOU FOR THE QUESTION .ALWAYS TEAM FRENZY .PEACE IN 2011'GET TAGGED!! AND JOIN THE FUN THANKS AGAIN AND THANKS TO ALL THE NEW FRIENDZ AROUND THE GLOBE FOR YOUR SUPPORT. YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK COACHELLA FRENZY OR E MAIL US @ COACHELLFRENZY@YAHOO.COM

Just look at the way the seller types and compare it to the way Phase88 types and you can see that we're probably dealing with the same person. Phase why are you so defensive about this "ideal?". Its not sanctioned by Coachella, which means that it's not even official merchandise and yet the seller is charging $25 each. They say that they buy their tickets just like everyone. Wake up people. This is how they pay for their tickets. By ripping people off.

They lure you into buying this dog tag with hopes that a "spotter" will find you in the crowd of approx. 75,000 people. They say that there will be cash prizes given out. Well in the description on the ebay page it also says that Coachella Frenzy is a scavenger hunt. Well... what the fuck is that exactly? No further information is available. Its limited edition, yet enough were made for 1/3 of the attendance. And we're all supposed to believe that a portion of the sales are going to be donated. Well.... to who exactly?

The best part about that response from above is "THIS FRENZY HAS BEEN TO THIS FEST FOR MANY YEARs.AND THIS IS THE FIRST ANNUAL COACHELLA FRENZY"

That doesn't make any fucking sense. And neither does most of what they are saying. They are calling this whole scam a "Coachella Frenzy" and they are counting on people to be stupid enough to fall for it.

Don't get me wrong. I think the concept could be cool. But $25 for a dog tag that isn't official Coachella merch is fucking bullshit. All they are offering is a chance to be "spotted" and perhaps get some kind of prize, but there is no way of knowing whether or not there will actually be spotters or prizes. Shouldn't $25 then at least get you something official? Well none of this is official so come to your senses people and don't buy this shit. Its an obvious scam.

And I'm betting that Phase88 is the seller. That's right.

Just look at some of the language being repeated.... "making a difference"

Bullshit. Regardless of any of this you shouldn't trust people who can't write proper sentences anyways. Too shady.

GTFO Phase88

wstsidela
01-30-2011, 04:45 AM
I bet we can shut down his facebook page too.

thewoodenman
01-30-2011, 07:40 AM
i don't really feel sorry any sap that buys into this bullshit

El.C.Dub
01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
wow these people are so fucked.

Harrisment
01-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Read some of the comments on this photo. These stupid fucking idiots are falling for it. I hate scum like this. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=100518050025556&set=a.100518046692223.488.100002020831916

Bud Luster
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
How is it a scam? It's a bottle opening dog tag for $25. Seems pretty up front to me.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-30-2011, 12:59 PM
And it sounds like a pretty good deal!

Bud Luster
01-30-2011, 01:00 PM
A really fucking good deal actually. IT OPENS BEER BOTTLES!

DJ Sin
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

theresalwaysone
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
sorry your scheme is stupid and everyone thinks you're a total deuce, phase.

he also doesn't understand basic spelling and compound words..

http://www.abcteach.com/free/n/number2bnw.jpg

nbvcide
01-30-2011, 10:01 PM
You can ask them yourself. Their cell phone number is just a click away on their "official" Facebook for Coachella Frenzy. 1200 "friends" strong: https://www.facebook.com/coachella.frenzy

Lolz on posting this info to the public on the internetz. I'm guessing grammar and spelling wasn't available as part of English department when they took classes at USC. =(

OMG PLEEEEAASSSEEEE tell me somebody has called this number!!!

and how could you not tell from his very first post that it was him?

BeeII
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
I like the dog tag, I'm not paying $25 for it.

And phase I appreciate your entrepreneurship, but I think you should think of a better business plan.