PDA

View Full Version : car camping passes on ebay

anything
01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
have any of you people been buy car camping/tent camping tickets on ebay? i was wondering how legit it was, i'll suffer and have everyone in my group throw $100 down for a camp site...

thedude15
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM
have any of you people been buy car camping/tent camping tickets on ebay? i was wondering how legit it was, i'll suffer and have everyone in my group throw $100 down for a camp site...

I would buy through stub hub. They are safer.

Example a
Buy a $600 ticket from ebay. Buyer never gives you the ticket. End result you get you money back and the buyer loses $50. You get no ticket.

Example B
Buy a $600 ticket from stub hub. Buyer never gives you the ticket. The buyer is forced to pay for a replacement (many times more expensive than what they sold you). Thus in this case you will get a ticket.

anything
01-25-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah i am willing to pay up to a certain amount but i don't wanna get caught in a scam and lose my money and waste X amount of business days to get it back

Mr.Nipples
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
i don't even think you can get your money back thanks to paypal shrinking their window as to how long you can file a claim against somebody if something goes awry. i think by the time they ship the tickets, youd be shit out of luck in terms of insurance.

thedude15
01-25-2011, 06:46 PM
i don't even think you can get your money back thanks to paypal shrinking their window as to how long you can file a claim against somebody if something goes awry. i think by the time they ship the tickets, youd be shit out of luck in terms of insurance.

good point.

Do not use EBAY.

TheClares
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
The problem with buying them right now on eBay is that many of these are likely from scalpers who bought a bunch for resale. If Ticketmaster and Goldenvoice cancel extra tickets sold to one billing address, then some of these sellers will receive fewer tickets than they sold .

rose925
01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
The problem with buying them right now on eBay is that many of these are likely from scalpers who bought a bunch for resale. If Ticketmaster and Goldenvoice cancel extra tickets sold to one billing address, then some of these sellers will receive fewer tickets than they sold .

thats a good point but you cant determine that now
and you shouldnt scare ppl who wanna buy on ebay with that line

ebay and stubhub are the safest
and on ebay i would buy from someone who has been doing business on there for a long long time

thedude15
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
thats a good point but you cant determine that now
and you shouldnt scare ppl who wanna buy on ebay with that line

ebay and stubhub are the safest
and on ebay i would buy from someone who has been doing business on there for a long long time

stubhub is WAY safer.

Sure with ebay if the seller screws up you get your $$$ back BUT you still have no ticket.

With stubhub you will get a ticket even if the seller does not have one.

AND i guess you are right. IF ppl want to buy on ebay we should not try to scare them because prices are going to increase.

CellarOwl
01-26-2011, 09:58 AM
With stubhub you will get a ticket even if the seller does not have one.

So in this case, how exactly would you get a ticket that doesn't exist?

thedude15
01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
So in this case, how exactly would you get a ticket that doesn't exist?

After the seller confirms an order (must do this within 48hr?) the buyer is guaranteed to get a ticket.

If the seller does not have the ticket they must pay the difference to get the ticket from someone else.

If there are no tickets available (which is not the case right now) then you get you $$$ back and gift cards for stub hub (which seller pays for).

One ebay the seller can cancel the order ANY time and the buyer ONLY gets there $$$ back. The seller loses $50 (ebay fee) plus the PayPal fee.

rose925
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
what a cluster fuck this year

i like when no one bearly knew what coachella was

rjadams90
01-26-2011, 10:20 AM

If you build it, they will come.

Especially when it's awesome.

CellarOwl
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
If there are no tickets available (which is not the case right now) then you get you $$$ back and gift cards for stub hub (which seller pays for).

Right now isn't the problem. It's when orders are cancelled and there's a surplus that can't be filled. Nothing's guaranteed, and all the gift cards on stubhub still won't solve anything for camping if everything's already been taken or reversed.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.51348069.jpg

shoegazer76
01-26-2011, 10:24 AM
You are protected through paypal I belive for 60 days. However if your paypal account is linked to your bank account that has a credit or debit from certain providers like Visa, Mastercard, American Express etc. then you are protected through your credit/debit provider. You just have to report it to them but you still want to make an attempt to file a report with paypal even if they won't proceed with the refund becuase your card provider will make it that more swift of a refund.

rose925
01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
If you build it, they will come.

Especially when it's awesome.

true story!

thedude15
01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Right now isn't the problem. It's when orders are cancelled and there's a surplus that can't be filled. Nothing's guaranteed, and all the gift cards on stubhub still won't solve anything for camping if everything's already been taken or reversed.

people will legitimate tickets will list them (at a high price) after the orders have been canceled. It is not going to be as big of a problem as you think.

Well that is unless you are a scalper how used stubhub.

Just look at stub hub right now there are very few camping tickets, people are probable waiting to see if their order gets canceled.

thedude15
01-26-2011, 10:31 AM

I don't because at that time I was part of the clueless crowd.

rose925
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
^^^ well your in the no now